[Official Couple thread] So Ji Sub x Gong Hyo Jin from the Master's Sun

marie67

Welcome @sogongvely! It's nice to see new fans of SoGong! :) Their chemistry in TMS is off the charts... but what really made me fall in love with them is their sizzling chemistry offscreen. Have you watched the BTSes? Utterly spazzworthy ... and the feels are still the same each time I revisit them.

And yes! Like you, I truly am praying for a TMS season 2... seeing PD Jin Hyuk and Hong Sisters were totally on board regarding a sequel. Please let it happen soon! Actually... even a cameo in any of their current or upcoming projects would be awesome. Really miss seeing them together so so much.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@liddi ! Thanks for welcoming me. I recognized you as one of dedicated sogonger in this forum cuz when i stalked older posts >u< sunbaenim! haha.

Yes, I've! They can't help but keep touchy-touchy on each other. Sometimes even stealing glances to each other. (Esp our So Ganzi. I know what u did there. Lol) He's laughing so much around Gong Hyojin >\\\< Their eyes smiling ~~~

So true. Everytime rewatching TMS, its feels like first time. There are the 'x factor' in it, compared to other kdramas I watched. One of top best chemistry among lead actor/actress goes to SJS x GHJ. ;;u;;

*pray along with you* pretty please~~~! Hoping for the same. Definitely. Atleast, they can feed us who are starving much of them. Lulz. 

P/S: I'm having day-dreaming syndrome bcs of SoGong cpl nowadays. Orzzzz :sweatingbullets:

• 2 weeks later...

Another year is coming to an end... and while this thread is far more muted than in its heyday, it remains a place I would revisit every so often, because of everything it represents, and continue to represent to me - my beautiful SoGong couple and my awesome fellow SoGongers.

So on this Christmas eve, despite this not being the page topper, I would like once more, in the tradition of Soompi SoGongers, to make my wish for the couple I still love and miss desperately:

May this Christmas bring to both of you as well as your loved ones...

untold love, joy, blessings, fulfillment and success

and may the upcoming New Year be the best year yet for you, personally and professionally.

And to all SoGongers, wherever you are:

Wishing you and your loved ones a Christmas that is filled with the greatest joy and blessings...

and may 2016 bring you all that you wish for and more.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say Happy New Year to my fellow Master Sun's shippers.  I know it been a long time since I have posted on this thread, but I still believe in this couple thread of two of my faved actors. Hoping to see them act together in the near future.  :rolleyes:

I still think that sogong chemistry is the best having watched other dramas for the last 2 years since TMS ended. I really hope these two will cross path with each other again in other project and blow our mind once again with their off the charts chemistry. I wish sogongers will reunite again in this lovely thread where we could reminisce all the wonderful things we had and basically fall in love with this beautiful "couple" all over again! :D

Mr So has a new movie in the works, due to air in 2017!

Hwang Jung Min, So Ji Sub, and Song Joong Ki to Star in Upcoming Historical Film

Hwang Jung Min, So Ji Sub, and Song Joong Ki to Star in Upcoming Historical Film

Actors Hwang Jung Min, So Ji Sub, and Song Joong Ki are confirmed to star in a new historical film “Battleship (tentative title).”

The production company of the film stated on January 15, “‘Battleship’ is based on the Japanese colonial era where 400 Joseon people try to escape a battleship to which they were forced to board. This film is directed by directorRyu Seung Wan, who also directed “Veteran.”

Hwang Jung Min will play the role of Lee Kang Ok, who was scammed into boarding the battleship thinking that he is going to Japan. So Ji Sub will play the role of Choi Chil Sung, who brought peace to the whole Jongno area with his fighting skills. Song Joong Ki will play the role of Park Moo Young, who boards the battleship to rescue the people participating in the independence movement.

“Battleship” will start filming in the first half of 2016 and come the theaters in 2017.

cr. Soompi

• 2 weeks later...

@liddi good to hear the news... Actually, i want to see Mr So collaborate with "fiery man" like Ryu Seung Bum as he wished. Well, having his brother, Ryu Seung wan, as director will be enough...:D

Glad to know both are preparing next project. So Ji Sub with HJM and SJK, then Gong Hyo Jin with Lee Byung hun... Success for all...

So funny to see @joynara instagram 2 days ago.(She works with GHJ and SJS as their make up artist in all of their fan meeting recently). Looks like she really knows that SJS likes minions so much emphasize with the doll in OMV...:D.

I imagine if this pic is posted in our wild SoGong days....we'll definitely go crazy for every reliable or unreliable connection between SoGong... :).....

Those happy spazzing  days...miss it already...Miss Sogongers family... Almost 3 years and we still going strong... Hope SoGong as well...:wub:

Screenshot_2016-01-28-00-54-52_145391731

Cr: joynara instagram

I agree, Mr So... it's high time you sweep Miss Gong off her feet once more and propose to her pronto! :) 

So Ji Sub Wants to Fall in Love This Year

leejojoba January 27, 2016

Actor So Ji Sub recently posed for the February issue of @Star1 magazine and sat down for an interview.

During the interview, So Ji Sub expressed gratitude toward his co-star actressShin Min Ah in the KBS 2TV’s drama “Oh My Venus.” He said, “I want to tell her she did a great job. She looked so lovely enjoying acting.”

so ji sub1

so ji sub-feature

He gave his thumbs up saying, “While working on the drama, she was discussing things with the rest of the staff members, not just with me. She’s so lovable.”

So Ji Sub was asked if he has any wishes for the new year. He replied earnestly, “It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a relationship. I want to be in love. If I meet the right person, I’d want to get married.”

So Ji Sub’s pictorial concept for the February issue of @Star1 magazine was “Oh My Venus.” You can read all about the behind-the-scenes story from “Oh My Venus,” his future plans, and about So Ji Sub as a person.

cr. Soompi

35 minutes ago, liddi said:

I agree, Mr So... it's high time you sweep Miss Gong off her feet once more and propose to her pronto! :) 

@liddi ... Both are single now, right ? ...and I see hope :D

Let's start again our "crazy" SoGong days... Radar "on" ...:D

@lovedaisy13

How did you know that SJS likes minions?? I just found out about it from his thread and i can't wait to read his interview! 

Anyways guys... Did you notice that he's been working with GHJ's friends recently? SMA and Jo Eun Ji in OMV and then Son Ye Jin in ads. Who's next?? Our home girl pleaseee...

@euleuh SJS mentioned it in interview in Taiwan last year... Well, not just work with GHJ's friends but SoGong also work with the same make up artist and hairstylist... :D.Maybe joynara (Won jo yeon) is SJS make up artist at his recent photoshot in Grazia magazine and she posted the minion. Is that one of SJS's collection? We'll find it out soon...:D

I predict Tablo for next project ....hehehe...

@liddi  my dear, yes.. The minion rush... GHJ is an expert for a game...one of her skill that never die...qiqiiq...

Our SoGong will be very busy with filming this year. SJS start filming in february and GHJ in March. 

@lovedaisy13

Thanks for the info, chingu! Yep, somehow they will always be connected to each other indirectly. I think joynara is sjs makeup artist for grazia too hence the omv doll post and that minion toy. It'll be so cute it that minion is actually one of his collections. And yes to tablo for his next collab haha... 

@liddi

Ah yes, the minion rush game! TMS2 will be great but it's very unlikely to happen. But one can still hope, yes?

Lets spazz here when their movies are released!

The next question: will they invite each other to their respective movie premiere? 

No no no.... wrong drama partner! PD Jin Hyuk, Hong Sisters, where is TMS Season 2? :crazy: But seriously, always good to see her on screen... and I am still holding out for a reunion with Jang Hyuk too... a sequel to Thank You perhaps? 

Jo Jung Suk and Gong Hyo Jin in Talks to Star in New Drama Together

Actors Jo Jung Suk and Gong Hyo Jin are in talks of making a drama comeback together.

On February 2, Jo Jung Suk’s agency and Gong Hyo Jin’s agency revealed, “The two are thinking about starring in the new drama ‘Incarnation of Envy (tentative title).’”

If Jo Jung Suk decides to star in this drama, he will be playing the role of Lee Hwa Shin, a smart, witty, and handsome news anchor. He’s a veteran reporter who is great at getting information. In short, he is the “perfect man.”

If Gong Hyo Jin decides to do this drama, she will be playing the role of Pyo Na Ri, a part-time weather forecaster who is poor and lacks connections with others. She is an innocent and bright girl who can’t say no to anyone. She’s a love seeker who desperately wants to be in a relationship, even if it’s a bad one.

This drama promises to make the audience laugh with its realistic and comedic plot line.

Both Jo Jung Suk and Gong Hyo Jin may be making a comeback to the small screen after appearing on “Oh My Ghost” and “Producer,” respectively, last year.

It will air some time in July.

cr. Soompi

@euleuh   .... Yes..let's spazz here happily. Stay low for a while.Now time to be happy 

The storms for our ship have gone away...Prepare for one sunny day. Tae yang will always shine for our master as she is his Venus, right? Delulu? It's Okay, that's love...Love for SoGong.:D

Updates about them together or individually will be awesome.... Never get tired. Already proven for years.... The loyal  SoGonger dedicated for SoGong.. :wub:Thanks to @liddi 'bout this.

6 hours ago, liddi said:

No no no.... wrong drama partner! PD Jin Hyuk, Hong Sisters, where is TMS Season 2? 

If Gong Hyo Jin decides to do this drama, she will be playing the role of Pyo Na Ri, a part-time weather forecaster who is poor and lacks connections with others. She is an innocent and bright girl who can’t say no to anyone. She’s a love seeker who desperately wants to be in a relationship, even if it’s a bad one.

It will air some time in july.

cr. Soompi

LOL at this...The character...lack connections with others,  A love seeker who desperetely wants to be in relationship? Whatttt ????..qiqiqii... 

Minions, minions everywhere! Now where is the mistress of Minion Rush to complete the picture?

So Ji Sub Loves Him Some Minions in Grazia Magazine

So Ji Sub Loves Him Some Minions in Grazia Magazine

Actor So Ji Sub covers the men’s special edition for Grazia magazine.

Rather than just looking handsome for the pictorial, the “Oh My Venus” actor explicitly requested doing something different for the feature.

Spoiler alert: he still looks handsome, but he did pose with some quirky props. In each cut, he poses with random things he likes, including snow globes, hats, and minions… lots of them!

So Ji Sub2

In the corresponding interview, So Ji Sub is unapologetic about his tastes. “If I like something, I like it — that’s it. I don’t go out of my way to figure out why I like it. I just so happened to watch the movie ‘Minions’ and enjoyed it, so I started collecting them [minions],” he says.

He emphasizes, though, that he’s not the type to get addicted to something, other than acting of course. “I have a lot of things I like, but other than acting I never like something so much that I can’t let go of it. It’s because I don’t want to end up getting stressed about something that gives me pleasure,” So Ji Sub says.

So Ji Sub3

Meanwhile, the full pictorial and interview will be available on February 5.

cr. Soompi

It is yet another Lunar New Year... 

To our beautiful SoGong:
May this Seollal usher in a time of reunion, bonding, love, rest and fulfilment, for yourselves as well as the ones you love. And may this coming year bring with it untold happiness and blessings for you individually as well as together.

And to my fellow SoGongers who are celebrating the Lunar New Year:
Thank you once again for the gift of your friendship, which is definitely one of the greatest blessings in boarding our SoGong ship. May the Year of the Monkey bring you and your loved ones joy, good health and blessings always!

Hello everyone.... I'm posting again after a couple of yrs I left this thread but still drop by to see everyone's posts. Glad that some old n new members still active in this thread, really missed the good ol' times. Btw, keep on sailing guys! Have a good year ahead.:grin:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/11/so-ji-sub-simmers-in-his-latest-photo-shoot-for-marmot/

From minions to sportswear... :) Please don your rainbow coloured coats for TMS Season 2 next!

So Ji Sub Simmers in His Latest Photo Shoot for Marmot

So Ji Sub Simmers in His Latest Photo Shoot for Marmot

When does So Ji Sub NOT look good?

On February 11, Marmot released three shots of the actor in their latest photo shoot. Marmot is an outdoor clothing and sporting goods company that has stores all over the world, from Australia, Singapore, Canada, and even Norway.

In the photo shoot, even though he is just wearing exercise clothes, So Ji Sub exudes a strong charm of manliness that seems to have no end. It does not seem to matter whether he is suited up in a fancy tux or in work out clothes.  So Ji Sub is known for having a clear sense of fashion and enjoys finding his own individual style.

so ji sub1

so ji sub3

Meanwhile, So Ji Sub, along with Hwang Jung Min and Song Joong Ki, areconfirmed to star in a new historical film “Battleship” (tentative title) that will come to theaters in 2017.

cr. Soompi

Archived