[Official Couple thread] So Ji Sub x Gong Hyo Jin from the Master's Sun

marie67

Its been so long my fellow shippers... i miss this thread...ill b honest i lost my spunk when there was a relationship announcement but i've long been back on board and decided to come back ot this thread and gain some steam..again  >:D< I miss SJS so much that ive been hoping for a reuniting or at least a worthy drama..but sadly only GHJ has done that. I really love her and SO Ji Sub so im hoping for a movie together. Am i way off here?? ANyways hello all that are still here  :-h

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ji Sub Just Gets Better with Age in New Campaign for Archimedes

ehk38 April 16, 2015So-Ji-Sub3.jpg

Like a fine wine, actor So Ji Sub seems to just get better with age.

In a new S/S 2015 campaign for watch brand Archimedes, So Ji Sub is an homme fatal in sleek business casual numbers that are paired with the company’s new Deka Protector line.

So-Ji-Sub5.jpg

So Ji Sub, who has been the spokesmodel for Archimedes since last year, fully embodies the debonair and charismatic gentleman.

The actor will be returning to the big screen with a special appearance in historical flick “The Throne” (also known as “Sado”) which is slated for release later this year. He will have a relatively small role alongside lead actors Yoo Ah InSong Kang Ho, and Moon Geun Young.

More on the article here.

cr. Soompi

Gong Hyo Jin Transforms Into a Fierce Lady For Drama “Producer”

ck525 April 16, 2015
gong-hyo-jin-producer.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin has yet again perfectly transformed herself for her character. For the upcoming drama “Producer,” she became the fierce lady of the variety department. Her charms ranged from blazing concentration to awkward smiles, perfectly depicting what a typical variety producer would be like.

On April 17, the first still cut of Gong Hyo Jin in KBS 2TV’s “Producer” was revealed, as she acted the part of “Music Bank” producer Tak Ye Jin.

As the director of “Music Bank,” she has learned to be fierce to secure her place in the variety department after 10 years of experience.

In the revealed image, she can be seen with a stubborn expression on her face along with blazing eyes. Viewers cannot help but wonder who her piercing glance is aimed toward.

Gong Hyo Jin’s character is also quite the fashion star, since she is the producer of a trendy music program. Her white T-shirt, studded choker, and rider jacket merge together to form the perfect punk look that backs up her fiery personality.

Meanwhile, Gong Hyo Jin is said to have perfectly transformed into her character, displaying several different facial expressions accordingly for various situations. She definitely enjoyed her part, since she constantly laughed at how fun the filming was.

“Gong Hyo Jin has done her homework on examining her character because she accurately displays her sporadic temperament. She has especially highlighted Tak Ye Jin’s ability to look both clumsy yet lovely at the same time,” producers of “Producer” said. “I hope you keep having interest in both Gong Hyo Jin’s exceptional acting skills and the drama ‘Producer,’ which will air in May.”

More on the article here.

cr. Soompi

Just saw this video from SJS' 2014 fanmeeting... which was subbed based on dandelion606's previously posted translation of "A Story I've Told No One" on SJS' thread.
A poignant, insightful look into this introspective man... stark... lonely... pensive... grounded... hopeful... consistently forging on. Watching this has me alternating between aching and rooting for him. His rhetorical question "Maybe shouldn't I be a good husband as well as a good father too" sounds like a wistful hope, while his answer to "Are you happy now?" saddens me... that he is making effort to be happy. Whatever the future holds, I truly hope that one day, he will find meaning and true happiness in his life...

foodhp said: NO OTHER DRAMA CAN COMPARE TO THE MASTER'S SUN BECAUSE THE MASTER'S SUN IS HONESTLY THE MOST PERFECT MOST AMAZING DRAMA OUT THERE, most original too. The chemistry is fricken amazing and so ji sub and gong hyo jin need to marry. RIGHT. NOW. I'm still happy because the ending was so perfect. 
everything down to thecastingchemistrysoundtrackcinematography
timing of musicsequence of eventsEVERYTHING WAS SO PERFECT I JUST CANT WRAP MY FINGER AROUND HOW THIS DRAMA WAS A FLAWLESS PIECE OF ART
I rewatched this drama again and I'd like to say, gong hyo jin and so ji sub have to do another drama together, THEY HAVE TO. They simply cannot, they're both amazing talented actors/actresses and they'd make another hit together easily.
disclaimer: pictures are not my own

Gong Hyo Jin Welcomes Spring in Refreshing Photo Shoot for Singles Magazine

ilmare42

April 20, 2015

gong-hyo-jin.jpg
Actress Gong Hyo Jin looks like she’s ready to enjoy the spring weather in a flowy white dress and open-toed heels on the cover of Singles magazine. In a second photo from the shoot, she also shows off a refreshing minimalist look in a bright blue top.gong-hyo-jin-2.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin is best known for her roles in the popular dramas “Sang-doo! Let’s Go to School,” “Pasta,” “The Greatest Love,” and many more.

She is currently filming the much-anticipated KBS drama “Producer” opposite fellow big names Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Tae Hyun, and IU. Her character is a rough-around-the-edges and ambitious producer of the show “Music Bank.”

Check out more photos from the shoot in May’s issue of Singles magazine.

cr. Soompi

@Hanyeoun

Watching their interviews and BTSes after all this time, their interactions still scream chemistry chemistry chemistry. Really miss them both and longing to see them together once more, whatever the medium. And definitely, still holding out hope that one day they will give us happy happy news indeed.

KBS’ “Producer” Cast Members Show Off Their Chemistry in New Posters

The official posters for the upcoming KBS drama “Producer,” featuring its star-studded lineup, have finally been revealed!

These character posters of actors Kim Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Cha Tae Hyun, as well as singer-actress IU, which were unveiled on April 29, show off the cast members’ amazing chemistry.

In four of the ‘couple’ posters, the actors pair off with one another, as they pose playfully and flash bright smiles for the camera. Viewers that are anticipating the drama’s premiere are expressing their curiosity as to what kind of connection these four stars will have with each other in the storyline.

“Producer” is said to be a real variety drama by the writer of “My Love from the Star.” It is expected to begin airing on May 15 at 9:15 p.m. (KST).

More pictures here.

cr. Soompi

She looks absolutely amazing in these photos. Can I then hope that with all the cameos that are being bandied around, we will also see him make a cameo appearance too? 

• 2 weeks later...

So Ji Sub to Make Cameo Appearance in Warm and Cozy

Posted on May 7, 2015 by ockoala
[snipped]

On a more promising note, in a move that is certainly aimed at drawing in more viewers when the drama premieres next week, the production has revealed thatSo Ji Sub will be making a cameo appearance in the first two episodes of W&C.

The Hong sisters are famous for bringing back past leads to cameos, other notable returns include You’re Beautiful‘s Park Shin Hye showing up in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, MGIAG’sLee Seung Gi playing himself in Best Love, and Delightful Girl Choon Hyang‘s Han Chae Young making a last scene appearance in My Girl. The Hong sister’s last drama The Master’s Sun is considered a hit and recharged So Ji Sub’s career with a new generation of drama fans so it’s no surprise he’s willing to lend his famous face to the sisters for a bit of ratings boost. I’m all for a bit of harmless eye candy treat. The drama holds the obligatory press conference this Friday and I can’t wait to see how the cast looks together.

It’s not just the So Ji Sub cameo that brings back The Master’s Sun feels, the new stills of Kang Sora in a yellow raincoat in the rain is straight Gong Hyo Jin in the first episode of TMS. I’m sure the context is 100% different but the sisters do know how to sample their own stuff.

cr. koalasplayground.com
More here.

Another cameo from SJS! In a Hong Sisters' production no less! Truly excited and looking forward to seeing him grace the small screen once more. The stills of Sora in the yellow raincoat brings back very fond memories of TMS. Dare I hope that this time round, we will see a cameo from GHJ as well, hand in hand with him? Hong sisters, PD-nim.... are you listening?

Stills of So Ji Sub’s Cameo in “Agreeably Warm” Released

SoJiSub-720x450.jpg
Stills of So Ji Sub‘s cameo on the first episode of MBC‘s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Agreeably Warm” have been released. His role involves being a cafe owner in Jeju Island. His cameo was possible because of his close relationship with the Hong Sisters who are the writers for “Agreeably Warm” as well as the 2013 drama “Master’s Sun” in which So Ji Sub was the male lead.

SoJiSub4.jpg
Filming took place at a coffee shop in Jeju Island on May 7. Apparently, his filming started at 1 p.m. and took around an hour to complete. The filming atmosphere was purportedly very friendly due to the actor’s closeness with the Hong Sisters and other staff members he worked with in his 2010 drama “Road No. 1.”
SojiSub1.jpg
A representative from the production company states, “We’re very thankful for So Ji Sub readily accepting the cameo request and coming all the way to Jeju Island. Please look forward to his short but impactful presence that will make the drama even more fun.”
SoJiSub3.jpg
cr. Soompi
More here.

It is truly good to see him again on the small screen... in Jeju Island no less... a little reminiscent of that idyllic One Sunny Day. He is looking absolutely gorgeous... and I keep peering and peering at the interior of the café, hoping to see some sign of her in a cameo here too.

Just watched his cameo on Agreeably Warm... gosh... brings back so much feels even without really understanding what was said... "Touch Love" playing in the café... the signature Kyeojjo complete with hand waving... and him mentioning "taeyang". Sighh... dare I hope that we will to see more of him in Ep2 tomorrow... and can I just add an extra wish for her to be a part of that cameo too? Time to revisit TMS yet again... 

Just watched his cameo on Agreeably Warm... gosh... brings back so much feels even without really understanding what was said... "Touch Love" playing in the café... the signature Kyeojjo complete with hand waving... and him mentioning "taeyang". Sighh... dare I hope that we will to see more of him in Ep2 tomorrow... and can I just add an extra wish for her to be a part of that cameo too? Time to revisit TMS yet again... 

​yaaaa. when i heard that music... i was automatically looking for his taeyang, is she gonna come out ? lol..... 

I wish they would have also asked Gong Hyo Jin to make a cameo with So Ji Sub, that would be super awesome. I also with So Ji Sub would make a cameo in Producers looking for his sun, since Jang Hyuk will be making a cameo in Producers, might as well include Ji Sub ;) 

I watched Warm and Cozy for So Ji Sub's cameo, and man am I in love with him. His cameo is totally a tribute to Master's Sun, from Yoon Mirae's Touch Love to Joo Joong Won's hand gestures to "The sun is nice today." So sweeeeet he references to his sun. I totally miss SoGong: Joo Joong Won and Tae Gong Sil. I seriously need a reunion of these asap!!!! :wub::D

Archived