[Official Couple thread] So Ji Sub x Gong Hyo Jin from the Master's Sun

marie67

thatnortongirl said: drmjs said: Again Just Sharing:

I was walking under a cloud today. I read the comments of one of the posters here who is an avid SJS fan and what she said made sense, even though it rankled. I seldom ship kdrama actor couples in RL. In fact, I only shipped one couple and believe me, that ship floundered into the depths of the Pacific. Needless to say, I stay away from couple threads and cafe forums zealously, lol.

Until these two. I believe, part of the success of Master's Sun is the off screen chemistry of SJS & GHJ. They look so comfortable and happy together and it translates into their acting. They are both giving out great personal performances in this project. They're instinctive and they know when to let each other shine. So much so that the lines between reel and real for them are blurring. The alchemy between these two seem to be setting the bar high in terms of chemistry and we are all front and center, lapping it up! Hehehe.

I will take it a little further, let's talk about intuition. I have watched the BTS and interviews with these two, ad nauseum and what I can say is that they're different from the other BTS/interviews I've seen with other actors. Usually, most of them are either reserved and shy. They don't sit together, they usually keep a safe distance away from each other so as to avoid any misunderstanding that might lead to controversy.  Not these two. They just roar away with laughter like long lost buddies, they conspire to answer questions in a certain manner then would break into giggles, doubling up over personal jokes, they seem to have developed a rhythm between them so it's just a joy to watch them together. Also, I do notice their mental checks because they tend to get carried away with their antics...with them it comes off as natural, not forced. Genuine not faked. Therefore, intuitively, one would question the depth of their camaraderie. If they are with their own special someones, wouldn't they be a little more circumspect?

As I said, I felt a bit bummed with the news, especially after witnessing above mentioned. So I asked a friend (who is a respected showbiz denizen in my country, ergo she has reliable Korean counterparts) if SJS is currently in a relationship. I asked her to call them up and get some answers. To her surprise, they immediately replied. I won't get into details now. But the long and short of it is, according to them he doesn't have a steady girlfriend at present. It did raise my spirits up tremendously but of course, I still will take the news with a grain of salt. Err...table salt anyone?

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bluedora - Re: Pasta - Really? The funny thing is, I just finished watching it a week ago...marathon watched it for the first time actually because I wanted to see GHJ's other works. Her only other work I saw was TGL (I loved her in that too.) She's great with subtle acting, I like it best when she doesn't go overboard with histrionics. She's just so real and relatable. So I guess with Pasta, I totally missed out on the spazzing. Hehehe! Lee Sun Gyun's rocket stares huh? Chef! Chef! Chef was ready to swallow the goldfish alive...Iluvet! I did see her ex's cameo (Tagliatelle con Tartufi...heh!) lol.

As for SJS, I only saw Ghost. I didn't actually watch it because of him though, but because of Choi Daniel Haha. During the whole drama he was just so dour, stoic and sad. I said to myself, well on the upside, he looks better when he broods. I followed it though because of how he developed an unlikely friendship with Kwak Do Won's character - Hyuk Joo. So, seeing him crack a smile, laugh out loud and joke around while filming TMS was kinda disorienting, to say the least. Hehehe. I also noticed, while filming Ghost, he interacted well with the male cast members more, not so much with Lee Yeon Hee. So, props to GHJ for making him more relaxed and uninhibited. SJS's shooting star stares at GHJ are a sight to behold hehe.

JulieSean

wrote:

»

Maile Filimoehala said:

As much as i want SJS and GHJ to date in real life because they are just so addicting on TMS

:D

In my opionion, i feel like hyojin isn't just ready yet to jump into a new relationship after her breakup with her ex only last year.

:-?

but they can be a real life couple in my imagination lol

8->8->

We are not in a position to say whether she's ready or not. 

Anyway, they are matured adults in their 30s. It's not child's play to them. I hope they they act on their attraction, cos it's not everyday that you find someone you can connect with.

drmjs said: @bluedora - Re: Pasta - Really? The funny thing is, I just finished watching it a week ago...marathon watched it for the first time actually because I wanted to see GHJ's other works. Her only other work I saw was TGL (I loved her in that too.) She's great with subtle acting, I like it best when she doesn't go overboard with histrionics. She's just so real and relatable. So I guess with Pasta, I totally missed out on the spazzing. Hehehe! Lee Sun Gyun's rocket stares huh? Chef! Chef! Chef was ready to swallow the goldfish alive...Iluvet! I did see her ex's cameo (Tagliatelle con Tartufi...heh!) lol.

As for SJS, I only saw Ghost. I didn't actually watch it because of him though, but because of Choi Daniel Haha. During the whole drama he was just so dour, stoic and sad. I said to myself, well on the upside, he looks better when he broods. I followed it though because of how he developed an unlikely friendship with Kwak Do Won's character - Hyuk Joo. So, seeing him crack a smile, laugh out loud and joke around while filming TMS was kinda disorienting, to say the least. Hehehe. I also noticed, while filming Ghost, he interacted well with the male cast members more, not so much with Lee Yeon Hee. So, props to GHJ for making him more relaxed and uninhibited. SJS's shooting star stares at GHJ are a sight to behold hehe.

Guest kangyoojin

@JulieSean hihihi I asked to be sure because I also ship QIHM while still airing  <:-P I hope SJS and GHJ date for real hahaha I ship them to the moon and back  =))

drmjs said: @bluedora - Re: Pasta - Really? The funny thing is, I just finished watching it a week ago...marathon watched it for the first time actually because I wanted to see GHJ's other works. Her only other work I saw was TGL (I loved her in that too.) She's great with subtle acting, I like it best when she doesn't go overboard with histrionics. She's just so real and relatable. So I guess with Pasta, I totally missed out on the spazzing. Hehehe! Lee Sun Gyun's rocket stares huh? Chef! Chef! Chef was ready to swallow the goldfish alive...Iluvet! I did see her ex's cameo (Tagliatelle con Tartufi...heh!) lol.

Guest popcherrypop

GHJ strikes me as someone who a bit of a prankster and SJS strikes me as someone a prankster would love to play tricks on, as far as I can see from the BTSes. And I like how forward she is as a person, because yunno, I suppose, SJS and many other male actors, are used to initiating the touching/romantic scenes. Her touching his chest and constantly playing pranks on him is fun to watch because she knows he, who is innately a reserved person, will be taken aback - in a good way.

I absolutely love the part where they were doing the scenes for the ep where she touches his face and then he moves her hand to the chest; both of them were taking turns to NG cos' they had to stare into each others' eyes intently and understandably, got a major case of hysterics. SJS moved away in the last NG just a lil from her, I presume to regain composure while allowing GHJ to regain hers, so GHJ "forcefully" grabbed him closer and placed her hand on his face mistakenly and then moved it to the correct position (his chest). I SWORE SJS was like, for a second, swooning.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAyMDEwMDcy.html
What I'm talking about for those who haven't seen it yet - start from 1:39 - 3:30 thereabout

Youku usually blocks IP addresses outside of China but if you are using Chrome, just download the unblock Youku extension, and voila!

JulieSean said: drmjs said: @bluedora - Re: Pasta - Really? The funny thing is, I just finished watching it a week ago...marathon watched it for the first time actually because I wanted to see GHJ's other works. Her only other work I saw was TGL (I loved her in that too.) She's great with subtle acting, I like it best when she doesn't go overboard with histrionics. She's just so real and relatable. So I guess with Pasta, I totally missed out on the spazzing. Hehehe! Lee Sun Gyun's rocket stares huh? Chef! Chef! Chef was ready to swallow the goldfish alive...Iluvet! I did see her ex's cameo (Tagliatelle con Tartufi...heh!) lol.

Guest nalikahibar

@bluedora yep dear! i noticed it. i only knew lee sun gyun from pasta. when i watched it, i keep asking whether they're really dating or not. because lee sun gyun seems enjoying their scenes esp kissing scene. haha..

but when i googling about him, i was surprised that he's actually married.

whoa, this guy is really really profesional or he's in love with this girl. his eyes shows that!

thank God, lee sun gyun never really cheats his wife. haha

btw, i loooove to see gifs posted by @tka_143 in this page :

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2016596/current-drama-2013-the-master-s-sun-%EC%A3%BC%EA%B5%B0%EC%9D%98-%ED%83%9C%EC%96%91/p441

see all SJS reaction.. and u'll know! like he's nervous - bit happy - Dont know what to do - and of course enjoying the touchy2 moments. haha.. good job GHJ!

nalikahibar said: @bluedora yep dear! i noticed it. i only knew lee sun gyun from pasta. when i watched it, i keep asking whether they're really dating or not. because lee sun gyun seems enjoying their scenes esp kissing scene. haha..

whoa, this guy is really really profesional or he's in love with this girl. his eyes shows that!

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2016596/current-drama-2013-the-master-s-sun-주군의-태양/p441

see all SJS reaction.. and u'll know! like he's nervous - bit happy - Dont know what to do - and of course enjoying the touchy2 moments. haha.. good job GHJ!

JulieSean said: nalikahibar said: @bluedora yep dear! i noticed it. i only knew lee sun gyun from pasta. when i watched it, i keep asking whether they're really dating or not. because lee sun gyun seems enjoying their scenes esp kissing scene. haha..

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2016596/current-drama-2013-the-master-s-sun-주군의-태양/p441

Guest nalikahibar

@julieSean ooh.. cincca?

then he must be a great actor!

;)

btw, i want SJS and GHJ in a magazine photoshoot!

someone said this before.. me tooo, i want i want!

with a hawt pose. hahaha.

=P~ =P~

edit :

like the one he did with Han Hyo Joo for "always" movie poster.. :P have u seen that chinggu deul?

Hello @JulieSean fellow QIHM's shipper!

I couldn't resist coming to this thread, as I love watching SJS and GHJ's chemistry off screen, as well as their ad lib acting on screen. However, I am not as convinced (yet) of SJS and GHJ as compared to our QIHM ship, as that couple really had many couple shots off screen for us to analyse over. They had something like a camera man "stalking" them, haha... but not so with SJS and GHJ which is a shame. But hey, never say never, right? Shipping is fun!

Let's see where this ship goes... and meanwhile let's enjoy the journey! :)

Archived