[Chinese Drama 2013] Loved in the Purple 紫钗奇缘

sugarplum892

7e68e6b6gw1e79n2bkgk8j20m80faacy.jpg
Details:Title:  紫钗奇缘 / Zǐ chāi qí yuán
English title: Loved in the Purple
Genre: Romance, DramaProducer:  Michelle YeEpisodes: 35
Broadcast Date: September 4, 2013 - October 22, 2013
Cast:Raymond Lam (林峯) as Nalan DongMichelle Ye (葉璇) as Huo XiaoyuZheng Yitong (郑亦桐) as Lu JinglanElaine Jin (金燕玲)Chen Yi Rong (Tammy) (陈怡蓉)Bao Wen Jing (包文婧)Yuen King Dan (苑瓊丹) as Ning GuogongZhang Tianqi (张天其)
Synopsis:Legend of the Purple Hairpin takes place in the Tang dynasty, a time when Chinese art, fashion, music, dance, and novel inventions were at their highest peak. Raymond Lam portrays the heroic Nalan Dong, known as the “Yellow-Clothed One”, who falls in love with beautiful dancer Huo Xiaoyu, played by Michelle Ye. However, Dong’s best friend Li Yi, played by Cheng Cheng, is also deeply in love with Xiaoyu. Choosing brotherhood over love, Dong decides to step down in his pursuit of love.
This drama is a loose adaptation of the classic Ming dynasty opera, The Purple Hairpin and from Tang’s classic novel “The Purple Hairpin” about Huo Xiaoyu,Source
Raw Trailer:

Theme song:
Raymond Lam - Bu Fu Ru Lai Bu Fu Qing (不负如来不负卿)

Sub theme song:
Raymond Lam & Wang Zheng - Xiang Si Nian (相思念)

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Michelle Ye Collaborates with Raymond Lam for an Expensive "Friendship Price"Monday September 2, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Raymond Lam and Michelle Ye collaborate once again after ten years in the new Mainland drama The Purple Hairpin. Yesterday Raymond and Michelle appeared at the TVB promotional event for the drama, which is scheduled to air on TVB Jade HD soon. On stage, it was seen Raymond and Michelle were still good buddies and chatted nonstop. Michelle expressed she personally made the call to Raymond inviting him to participate in this drama. She said: "Collaborating with him again is one of my hidden wishes for many years. We are partners with chemistry. (Friendship price?) Yes, our friendship is very valuable. We're good friends, but he was still very expensive."

Raymond now has a girlfriend Karena BB, asked about Michelle's love life? She said: "My BB? I'm not as lucky as him. (Current status?) He's so busy, but still has some time for dating. My status is that I am even busier, I don't even have that little time for dating. Nobody will like such a busy person like me. (No rush?) No rush. I'm happy to see Raymond doing so well. We grew up together. He had a smooth development over the years, he's personal and love life are very good, I feel peace and happiness for him. He invited me to watch his concert before, the dream he had 10 years ago finally came true. I'm happy for him." When speaking of their past rumors, Michelle said in a serious tone: "We did have a rumor, and still kept in touch while there were rumors, but we haven't seen each other in 10 years. We're still good partners with chemistry."

Raymond directly expressed he had not been in touch with Michelle for over 10 years since she left TVB, but greatly praised that she's a very successful business owner now. Raymond expressed he had already completed three dramas in Mainland and feels "relieved" coming back to HK. Asked if he's going to go on vacation with Karena BB? He said: "Normal lifestyle. (Any plans?) No, finish up the work I have now." Asked if he's bringing his girlfriend home on Mid-Autumn Festival? He said: "Its personal."

A reader disclosed to the media, that Raymond was spotted with a ring on his finger at the Miss Hong Kong 2013 final last night, it was said he's already married. Also, Raymond was a judge at the Miss HK final, some questioned on whether he was biased towards Miss HK winner Grace Chan and Second runner-up Sisley Choi because they physically resembled Karena BB. Raymond said: "The ring was sponsored by the company endorse for. It is just a normal accessory. Thank you all for the concern." 

• 3 months later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Michelle Ye Fled TVB: I Wanted to be a Level 9 ArtistSunday December 29, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: nandu.com, KuangaiTVB
Translated by: aZnangel 

The Tang dynasty musical legendary TV drama The Purple Hairpin starring Michelle Ye and Raymond Lam will be broadcasting on Guangdong TV with the leads' original Cantonese voices dubbed beginning on January 21st. Yesterday the promotional event was held in Guangzhou. The two talked about continuing their fate ten years later. Former TVB FaDan Michelle Ye and current TVB Siu Sang Raymond Lam collaborated in two series in the past Eternal Happiness and Lofty Waters Verdant Bow, but even before Michelle warmed up her TVB FaDan seat, she firmly left the company to develop her movie career and then in Mainland. Ten years later, Michelle and Raymond meet again. Michelle laughed: "Raymond is even more handsome and charming now! Our chemistry remains and our breathing is identical!" Raymond sighed: "Will I go down Michelle's path (work behind-the-scenes) in the future? Its too tiring! I don't think I can do it, I'll just stick to on-screen work."

In 2003 after Triumph in the Skies, Michelle was a young FaDan promoted by TVB, but she left the company and switched to the movie scene. Ultimately she won herself the Best Supporting Actress award at the HK Film Awards, then she moved up north to start developing her work studio and her own productions. From then on, she turned into a chairwoman and have worked as a producer in several Mainland dramas. Michelle told the media: "I debuted at TVB when I was 19, I didn't initially plan to leave TVB, but Wong Jing said to me: 'There are 9 levels in the entertainment circle. If you stay with TVB, your influential level and success as an artist could only get you up to level 6 at most. If you go out and work elsewhere, you could be like Carina Lau or Maggie Cheung, reach level 9.' At the time I was still young, but Wong Jing said I had hidden potential to develop outside of TVB. He has never been wrong! I listened to Wong Jing, he is definitely my talent scout."

So in Mainland, Michelle wasn't just an actress, she was also a producer from Looking for You to the End of the World to The Purple Hairpin. Michelle participated from the pre-production, finding an investor, casting, costume design and creating the script to post-production, the editing and promotion. She said: "I'm not that type of celebrity that just holds a 'producer' title, I do everything myself. One of the reasons is because to really produce great work, the actor is just the painter's brush, the actual painting is painted by the producer. You just have to ask yourself, do you want to be the painter's brush or the actual painter? The Purple Hairpin, I branded every part of it, it is my child!"

In the drama, Michelle and Raymond portray the ancient version of Endless Love, their romance is always a brief encounter with a lot of tears. Raymond said to the media: "Its just so heart-tormenting. I don't understand why I'm always the one being tormented?! But out of all the FaDans I have collaborated with, Michelle gives me the feeling that even if I haven't seen her in 10 years, we are still very familiar. We have so much chemistry in our crying scenes, there is no need to rehearse beforehand, we can just do it in one take. Her passion and perseverance for the drama, there is no doubt or surprise to me that she's the producer!"

It was rumored Raymond intends to retire from the industry in the coming year? He said: "For now, I will keep working hard on my career, but my schedule won't be as tight as before. You have to grasp life yourself, there must be a balance in life. My Mainland dramas in the coming year, TVB arranged those for me. (Concentrate more on love life?) Love is a part of life, if you can enjoy life, then you can be a better actor." 

Archived