Quantcast
rubie

♥ The Official Hunnie Couple ♥ MINJUNG ♥ BYUNGHUN ♥

December 3, 2018

Lee Min Jung Talks About Why She’s Glad She Married Lee Byung Hun + Their Son's Talents

Source: Soompi by K. Lew

Lee Min Jung Talks About Why Sheâs Glad She Married Lee Byung Hun + Their Sonâs Talents

Lee Min Jung and Lee Byung Hun have quite the talented son.

The actress guested on the December 2 episode of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” where she talked about her husband Lee Byung Hun and their four-year-old son.

When Shin Dong Yup asked her, “When do you feel you did a good job getting married the most?” she answered, “Since I’m an actress, in terms of work, it’s nice that I can talk about work with the person that’s closest to me. I like talking about those kinds of things when we’re eating or drinking.”

Lee Min Jung said that she had also talked about her upcoming drama “Fates and Furies” with him and explained, “I’ve done a lot of romantic comedies, or works that had a lovable or cute feel. [I decided to do ‘Fates and Furies’] because I wanted to show a different image. Even the title for this drama, there’s the feel of grandeur, revenge, and greed.”

Shin Dong Yup also asked her about whether it was difficult to raise her son. She replied, “A lot of the hard parts have passed. He’s four years old, but he’s on the bigger side. He’s really big. He’s always in the 99th percentile. He’s really heavy and big, around 21 kilograms (approximately 46 pounds). They said that that’s the weight of a girl in the first grade. But he’s still four years old, so he still says, ‘Carry me.’ I carry around 21 kilograms.”

The other hosts asked her to brag about her son more, and she obliged. Lee Min Jung shared, “He started speaking early. He’s quick with languages. They said that people wouldn’t believe me.” She added, “My friend told me to submit this to the Guinness Book of World Records. Before he was 100 days old, I would sit him down to feed him his baby food, and he would say, ‘Water! Water!’ asking for water. He also said things like, ‘Soup! Soup!’ He was able to say one character words. When I told people that, they said that before they’re 100 days old, kids can’t say things other than ‘Mom’ or ‘Dad.’ I have a video of it.”

When Shin Dong Yup brought up the fact that many parents considered their children geniuses and made similar claims about their abilities, Lee Min Jung made everyone laugh by saying, “I’ll have to go check the video again.”

“My Ugly Duckling” airs every Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 2

mjbh18_26.jpg

November 2, 2018

"My Ugly Duckling" Lee Min-jung Wants to Get Lee Byung-hun on the Show

Source: 10Asia via HanCinema.net

Actress Lee Min-jung suggested that Lee Byung-hun star on "My Ugly Duckling".

Lee Min-jung was the special MC for the SBS TV show on the 2nd.

She said she knows she married the right person when she can talk about her work to him and ask him for advice as they have the same job.

She claims she confided in him before she starred in the SBS drama "Fates and Furies". She said, "I've always been in romantic comedies as a lovely and cute character, but this drama was different. The drama was about revenge, passion, and desire".

The mothers of the show said they would like to see Lee Byung-hun as the MC one day. Shin Dong-yup said Lee Byung-hun was really humorous and Lee Min-jung said he tells good jokes.

She said, "I'll tell him to come out here if the drama makes it past 15%. That's almost as much as "Mr. Sunshine" and he's not doing anything at home".

mjbh18_25.jpg

• Like 2

December 4, 2018

"TV News At Night" Lee Min-jung Shares That Lee Byung-hun Cares for Their Child When He's Not Working

Source: TV Report via HanCinema.net

photo1021448.jpg

Lee Min-jung mentioned her husband Lee Byung-hun in "TV News At Night".

"TV News At Night" interviewed the cast of "Fates and Furies" on the 4th.

The reporter met with Joo Sang-wook, Lee Min-jung, So Yi-hyun, and Lee Ki-woo.

Of course, they talked about Lee Min-jung and her husband Lee Byung-hun.

Lee Byung-hun had mentioned his wife Lee Min-jung while making a speech at an awards show and said, "I thank my wife and son so much. Please watch "Fates and Furies"".

Lee Min-jung said, "Dramas have a tight schedule, so I don't get much time off. My husband is in a movie so when he has time off, he takes care of the child so I don't have to worry as much".

• Like 1

Found some snippets with Indonesian subs, for those who can't read or understand the Korean/Chinese clips. My translation may be a bit (or a lot ) off.. but I think the gist is all there. It's really nice to see MJ talking about BH and their son. Chatting freely, she's indeed genuinely happy and proud of her two boys.

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing the clips ~

MC 2 (SDY): I've been to their son's first birthday celebration. He's still a baby but already so handsome.. unbelievable. Usually little children are cute and sweet, we don't say they're handsome. But their little boy is handsome, I found it interesting. Do you think he's more handsome now? 

MJ: Beams and laughs happily.

Guests: (Of course) Because his parents are good-looking. Exactly.

MC 1: Who does he take after?

MJ: From the eyes and above, he takes after me. On the whole, he takes after his father.

Guest: He takes after both.

MJ: Yes.

Guest: He's four now?

MJ: Yes. 

Guest: That the funniest age. The best time.

MJ: He makes me laugh all the time.

Guests: How sweet.

• Like 2

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing the clip, my English translation & perception may be a little different from the original dialogue ~

MC 1: Does he know his Appa or Omma on television?

MJ: He's beginning to sense something, when his Appa's name is mentioned. People know his Appa and he realized that.

Guest: Children these days are so smart.

MJ: When he's outside, people said to him "you're so handsome & good looking. Who's your father? You're very handsome"

MJ: My son replied, "My father? Eugene Choi". (laughs)

Guest: Is that so?

MJ: (Person asking) doesn't think of 'Mr.Sunshine' or Lee Byung Hun. So, your father is a foreigner? JH thinks that's the reason for his big eyes(?) and left.

MC 1: Does he know his father plays Eugene Choi?

MJ: His grandma told him. His grandma showed (EC) is his father. Because the drama has some rough scenes, we didn't show him everything. But we told him, that's what your father do.. his name is Eugene Choi. I think he remembers that.

Guests: Amazing.

• Like 2

dduck7.gif BH101 by MJ 

If we follow Minjung's IG, we'd know that she is a foodie.. she has been posting and sharing a lot about food & meals shared with her friends. This explains why MJ often goes out with her BFFs for meals.. but when at home or on trips with BH, the couple shared their meals their way. MJ might be eating slower at the beginning of the marriage, she's eating a bit faster now. And as indicated in the related articles, BH had also slowed down as well, to match with his wife's pace. That's a good compromise, eventually.

LBH is very professional at work, he usually is the first lead in the project but he doesn't want the other cast / crew to wait on him. He always came prepared before filming and doesn't waste time unnecessarily. This is why movie directors / PDs / writers wanted to work with him. A lot of people tend to think the worst of LBH but they could not be more wrong and they'd be surprised if they knew which actor(s) are really the ones being 'divas' at the set.

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing this precious clip. Again, my English translation & perception may be a little different from the original dialogue ~

MJ: I'm a slow eater. I eat very slowly as I wanted to enjoy my meal. We only have three meals a day, so I wanted to eat leisurely.
But now my pace is much faster. When first getting married, I eat very slowly.

MJ: I would take out the dishes, slowly. But he couldn't wait for me. BH eats less than 5 minutes. He really eat his meal so fast. Because of the busy and tight schedule at the filming set, eating fast becomes a habit for him.

Guest: Is that so.

MJ: He also has a bigger mouth. He could eat a large 'wrap' easily. (MJ showing with her hand :P) I was just bringing out the soup and he already finished eating. I was so surprised.

• Like 2

December 11, 2018

Lee Byung Hun presents lunch treat to 'Fates & Furies', actor visits wife at filming set

Source: Sports Donga (Google-translate)

93241833.2.jpg

An official of the SBS weekend drama 'Fates & Furies' starring Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook revealed that actor Lee Byung Hun had visited the set and gifted them with a lunchtime treat. The Mr.Sunshine actor came to the filming set to cheer and support his wife's new drama, currently airing on the weekend prime time.

This is the second time BH visited MJ at the set. He had previously visited the filming of 'Come Back Mister' in 2016, also with a refreshment and meal treat.

On December 1. 'Fates & Furies' debuted at 4.8% rating and achieved it's highest 9.3% on Saturday, 12/8. Minjung promised that Byunghun will appear on the variety talk show 'My Ugly Duckling' if the drama rating exceeds 15%.

• Like 2

December 13, 2018

Lee Min-jung praises Son Ye-jin's cooking

By Yim Hyun-su

Lee Min-jung praised fellow actress Son Ye-jin’s cooking in a new Instagram post.

On Wednesday, Lee uploaded a picture of a number of dishes Son prepared which she described as “Ye-jin’s homemade meal.”

Lee went on to say that it was a full course Italian meal and that Son’s potato soup was delicious, before humorously asking Son, “What can’t you do?”

(Lee Min-Jung's Instagram)

The post has been liked over 13,000 times as of Thursday, drawing comments praising Son’s cooking and plating as well as the two’s friendship.

“Like best friends forever,” one user wrote while another said, “I want to be there too, unni.”

Both Lee and Son are at MSTeam Entertainment. Lee is currently starring in SBS’s Saturday drama series “Fate and Fury.”

Son also recently appeared on the channel’s program “Master in the House” where she showed viewers around her house for the first time since her debut.

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

This cute message from LMJ's son, obviously with the help of his Appa :lol: thanks to mistymorning for the translation ~

SBS drama 'Fate and Fury'

To the director and staff, thank you for working so hard in the cold weather, please take care of my mom!

From Joonhoo

• Like 2

December 14, 2018

Lee Min Jung receives a food truck with a sweet message from her 3-year-old son

Source: Allkpop

Lee Min Jung received a sweet treat from her son. 

On December 13, Lee Min Jung revealed her family has sent a food truck to the filming set of her SBS drama 'Fates & Furies.' The banner to the truck reads, "Director and staff members! Power up in the cold weather and please take good care of my mom! From Joon Hoo."

Lee Min Jung captioned, "Son, you know how to write well? lol I appreciate the warm food truck by my family ^^ But the drama will not be airing this week due to Vietnam soccer game... It's unfortunate but we will meet next week. Good luck to coach Park Hyang Seo this week!"

Back in 2015, Lee Min Jung and actor Lee Byung Hun welcomed their first baby boy. It's assumed Lee Byung Hun sent the food truck to the drama sets in their son's name.  

MJBHJH: Nothing is sweeter than family love & support 

mjbh18_24.jpg

• Like 2

December 14, 2018

Lee Min Jung’s Son Sends Lovely Gift To Support His Mom’s Drama “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by sala12

Lee Min Jungâs Son Sends Lovely Gift To Support His Momâs Drama âFates And Furiesâ

Lee Min Jung shared a present she received from her son on Instagram!

Along with a picture of a banner from her son, she posted, “You write so well, son. I’m thankful for the warm food truck from my family. However, this week’s broadcast is canceled due to Vietnam’s soccer game… Although it’s a shame, let’s meet ‘Fates and Furies‘ next week, and this week, coach Park Hang Seo, fighting!”

In the picture, the banner reads, “SBS Drama ‘Fates and Furies’ director and staff! Please have strength despite the cold, and please take good care of my mother! From Joon Hoo.”

Lee Min Jung’s husband Lee Byung Hun also sent a food truck to the filming set on December 11. Not only did he send the food truck, but it was reported that Lee Byung Hun also visited the set to support Lee Min Jung.

Currently, Lee Min Jung is playing the role of Goo Hae Ra, a woman who approaches Tae In Joon (played by Joo Sang Wook) with ulterior motives, only to fall in love with him.

Source (1)

• Like 2

December 14, 2018

Lee Min-Jung’s family sends gifts and support to cast and crew of her K-Drama Fates And Furies

by War Omega Monsters & Critics

Lee Min-jung is playing the female lead in weekend K-drama Fates and Furies.

Lee Min-jung, the popular Korean actress known for her role in Rain’s K-drama Please Come Back Mister, is currently playing the lead role in Fates and Furies.

The K-drama just started but it seems she and her cast and crew are already getting plenty of love. Her family recently sent gifts and support to her and the workers on set.

Lee Min-jung’s family’s supporting deed was made known on Min-jung’s official Instagram account. She posted a picture of a banner her son “made” which reads, “SBS Drama ‘Fates and Furies’ director and staff! Please have strength despite the cold, and please take good care of my mother! From Joon-hoo.”

The gesture was cute. The uplifting words were definitely from Lee Min-jung’s son, but he probably got help with the professional banner from his dad, Lee Byung-hun.

Speaking of the father, Byung-hun also gave his love and support sending a food truck to the filming set on Tuesday, December 11, 2018. There are even reports of Byung-hun visiting the set to support his wife too.

How is Fates and Furies going?

Fates and Furies is doing well during its weekend time slot. It is right behind Memories of Alhambra in viewership ratings but it is still hitting double-digits. Not to mention it has time to either go head-to-head or even surpass its competition.

2018121401001048000075311.jpg

• Like 2

Didn't realize they existed! bricks.gifFound the full English-subbed videos of SBS' My Little Old Boy Variety Show ~ Mom's Diary: My Ugly Duckling that Lee Min Jung guested on recently. She appeared in two episodes (114 &115) that were aired on two consecutive Sundays on SBS. It's a rather interesting show although it's not all talk Q&As with MJ, just parts  featuring her in between other segments. (My Ugly Duckling info on wikipedia)

momd_1.jpg

So, it's really nice not to miss the show and see Mrs.Sunshine (the show dubbed MJ as that), she was indeed very bright and cheerful guest to have. A lovely actress who dotes on her son so much, and talks about her hubby lovingly. It's really heartwarming seeing a casual and happy feeling between the hosts, the celebrity Ommas and MJ interacting.

We can watch the video on streaming or download from these links: 

Episode 114 / Episode 115 th_movie1.gif

• Like 1

December 20, 2018

Lee Byung-hun performs dance moves backstage

Actor Lee Byung-hun on Wednesday revealed a short dance performance backstage of the 2018 Melon Music Awards held Dec. 1. 

The actor shared a video on his Instagram account with the caption, “My way of trying to chill.” In the clip, Lee performs comical dance moves while holding cue cards, backstage of the event, for which he was a presenter. 

(Instagram)

The actor previously showcased his talent for dancing in the music video for singer Psy’s song “I Love It,” released last year. 

His wife, Lee Min-jung, laughed at her husband’s antics in a comment. There were also comments by viewers, such as, “From now I’ll chill out by dancing those moves.”

20181220mjbh.jpg
(Instagram)

Lee Byung-hun has won multiple awards for his recent role in the tvN drama series “Mister Sunshine.” He will return to the big screen next year with “Chiefs of Namsan” (literal translation).

By Kim Hye-soo (clairek@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1