♥ The Official Hunnie Couple ♥ MINJUNG ♥ BYUNGHUN ♥

rubie

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! :heart1:

Lee Min Jung for winning Top Excellence Award at the KBS Drama Award (2020.12.31)

1231_kbs3.jpg

1231_kbs2.jpg

Minjung specifically mentioned Lee Joon Hoo "I love you, son" in her acceptance speech last night because her son asked Omma to mention him if she wins. :hwaiting:

Source: Soompi

Winners Of 2020 KBS Drama Awards 

Daesang (Grand Prize): Chun Ho Jin (“Once Again”)

Top Excellence Award: Park In Hwan (“Brilliant Heritage”), Jung Bo Suk (“Homemade Love Story”), Lee Min Jung (“Once Again”)

Excellence Award – Long Drama: Lee Sang Yeob (“Once Again”), Lee Jang Woo (“Homemade Love Story”), Lee Jung Eun (“Once Again”), Jin Ki Joo (“Homemade Love Story”)

Excellence Award – Daily Drama: Kang Eun Tak (“A Man in a Veil”), Kim Yoo Suk (“No Matter What”), Park Ha Na (“Fatal Promise”), Lee Chae Young (“A Man in a Veil”)

Excellence Award – Miniseries: Park Sung Hoon (“Into the Ring”), Lee Jae Wook (“Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”), Nana (“Into the Ring”), Jo Yeo Jeong (“Cheat on Me If You Can”)

Best Writer: Yang Hee Seung (“Once Again”)

Achievement Award: Song Jae Ho

Supporting Actor Award – Miniseries: Ye Ji Won (“Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”), Ahn Kil Kang (“Into the Ring”)

Supporting Actor Award – Long Drama: Oh Dae Hwan (“Once Again”), Oh Yoon Ah (“Once Again”), Kim Sun Young (“Homemade Love Story”)

Best Actor in One Act/Special/Short Drama: Son Sook (“A Jaunt“), Lee Yoo Young (“Traces of Love”), Lee Shin Young (“How to Buy a Friend”), Lee Han Wi (“My Lilac”)

Best Couple Awards: Jin Ki Joo and Lee Jang Woo (“Homemade Love Story”); Lee Jang Woo and Jung Bo Suk (“Homemade Love Story”); Nana and Park Sung Hoon (“Into the Ring”); Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon (“Cheat on Me if You Can”); Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah (“Forest”); Lee Sang Yi and Lee Cho Hee, Chun Ho Jin and Lee Jung Eun, Lee Sang Yeob and Lee Min Jung (“Once Again”)

Popularity Award: Kim Young Dae (“Cheat on Me if You Can”), Lee Sang Yeob (“Once Again”), Jo Bo Ah (“Forest”)

Best New Actor Awards: Seo Ji Hoon (“To All The Guys Who Loved Me”, “Meow, the Secret Boy”), Lee Sang Yi (“Once Again”), WJSN’s Bona (“Homemade Love Story”), Shin Ye Eun (“Meow, the Secret Boy”), Lee Cho Hee (“Once Again”)

Best Child Actor Awards: Moon Woo Jin (“Once Again”), Lee Ga Yeon (“Once Again”)

1231_kbs10.jpg

Spoiler

1231_kbs4.jpg

Spoiler

1231_kbs5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

January 1, 2020.

1231_kbs1.jpg

So happy that Lee Min Jung won the top excellence award and Best Couple award with Lee Sang Yeob in the KBS Drama Awards.  Her role as Song Na Hee, the pediatrician  in "Once Again" is one of her better works.  An award well deserved!   

Her bearded dress is so classy and she is absolutely gorgeous!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@peonie, indeed Minjung's dress is really beautiful, her appearance is always spot-on in any occasion plus matching outfits at BH's movie premieres, too. MJ would have looked so stunning on the red carpet in the usual awards ceremony.

Really great to see 3 of the 'Once Again' pairings winning Best Couple awards, it's especially sweet that Chun Ho Jin and Lee Jung Eun also won.. when they're actually playing siblings in the show. :eats:

More photos shared by MJ on her IG sans face mask.

1231_kbs6.jpg

1231_kbs7.jpg

1231_kbs8.jpg

Spoiler

1231_kbs9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

あけましておめでとう New Year GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Definitely posted a new banner last night. However, it's gone today. Hopefully just a reset.. as long as it's not intentionally deleted.

Let's enjoy more Hunnie Couple instead. :hotinhere2:

bhmj21_02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

January 4, 2021

Korean stars outraged after 16-month-old baby dies of suspected abuse by adoptive parents

by Jonathan Hicap Manila Bulletin

Korean celebrities and the public are expressing their anger after a 16-month-old baby died due to suspected abuse by her adoptive parents in South Korea.

20210103ji.jpg

The hashtag #SorryJungin trended on Twitter and posted by celebrities on Instagram, referring to baby Jungin, born on June 10, 2019, who died last Oct. 13 after being adopted in January 2020.

Jungin was adopted in January 2020 and for this, her adoptive parents received monthly child allowance from the government.

Korean TV channel SBS’ program “Unanswered Questions” aired an episode on Jan. 2 on the death of Jungin. When she was brought to a hospital emergency room last October, it was found out that she had bruises all over her body, her stomach was filled with blood, her major organs were damaged, and her arm and collarbone were fractured.

After the episode aired, the Korea Child Abuse Prevention Association proposed the #SorryJungin challenge to commemorate the death of Jungin and raise awareness about child abuse in South Korea.

Among the celebrities who posted the #SorryJungin hashtag in Korean on social media include BTS’ Jimin, Lee Min-jung, Uhm Jung-hwa, Seo Hyeo-rim, Lee Yoon-ji, Han Chae-ah and Han Hye-jin.

Source: 216jung

20210103a.jpg

Spoiler

20210103.jpg

Handwritten messages by Lee Min Jung and her son, Joon Hoo (from LMJ IG)

A public petition was also filed on the website of the Office of President Moon Jae-in urging authorities to disclose the identities of Jungin’s adoptive parents and charge them with murder. The petition has been signed by 231,440 people and under the rules, when a petition has garnered 200,000 signatures, government authorities are mandated to answer it.

Korean netizens are also criticizing the Yangcheon Police for failing to act immediately to separate the child from her adoptive parents after three incidents of Jungin’s abuse were reported to them since May.

A neighbor of the adoptive parents saw Jungin was left in a car for 30 minutes and reported it to the police. However, the police only visited the site after a month, according to Korean media.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, peonie said:

January 5, 2021

Lee Min Jung is a very good mother.  She taught Joon Hoo to be caring and kind hearted! 

That's true, Barbara and Joon Hoo is especially close to his mom. After her drama, Minjung is obviously getting back the time to spend with her son. It'll be nice to see MJ in another variety show, if not another tv drama.

:cheers:

On the other hand, a family or couple pictorial would be nice as well although we've been wishing this for a long time. In the meantime, it's also quite interesting finding similar images/poses of BHMJ to compile despite the time gap between them. Despite never having worked together before, many of Minjung's magazine/CF images appear similar to Byunghun's past pictorials.

bhmj21_03.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:headbang:It's rather baffling to see that some posts went missing from time to time. It's understandable that posts disappear (plus a few pages decreasing) during the upgrade but seeing it happening again is so disheartening. Seriously.

Posting the recent posted content that went missing *sigh*

bhmj20_44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2021.01.12 Minjung posted pics of the Congratulatory balloon flower bouquet & cake from VIVIEN on her recent Top Excellence Award. :issohappy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

:cutekitty: Previous Byunghun update (source)

Book about veteran actor Lee Byung-hun sells out, second printing begins

spacer.png
Cover of "Actor Lee Byung-hun" written by Beck Una. [UNA LABO ACTOROLOGY]

The first edition of “Actor Lee Byung-hun,” a book that delves deep into Korea’s veteran actor Lee Byung-hun, sold out in less than three weeks, according to its publishing company, Una Labo Actorology, on Wednesday.

Una Labo Actorology said it has already begun printing the second edition. The 288-page book is written by former film journalist Beck Una and was published by her company on Nov. 26.

The book comprehensively traces who actor Lee is with interviews the author carried out not only with Lee but also with his closed friends as well as how Lee developed to become one of the most successful Korean actors to work in Hollywood since his debut in 1991. It also includes detailed analyses of Lee’s personas and performance styles.

It is divided into five sections: Anatomy, collaboration, analysis, interview and "Byunghunology."

The anatomy chapter introduces Lee's filmography, ranging from his earlier works like "Joint Security Area" (2000) to "The Man Standing Next" (2020). 

The book was published to mark the 30th anniversary of Lee’s debut and as the first book of Beck’s “actorology” series.  

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE   [yim.seunghye@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1
  • Love 2

:Pandabulous: 2021.01.17 Byunghun posted a new selfie in front of the poster of THE MAN STANDING NEXT. The highly-acclaimed multiple-award winning movie in 2020 is going through the selection process to be nominated in the 2021 Oscars international feature category.

All the Best to THE MAN STANDING NEXT!

spacer.png

While MJ is slated to act in a new movie this year (yet to be announced), the upcoming BH 2021 movies will be Emergency Declaration (post-production), The Match (currently filming) and Concrete Utopia (pre-production).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

January 17, 2021

Lee Min Jung Shares Thoughts On What Family Means To Her + Why “Once Again” Was So Popular :heart4:
Source: Soompi by E. Cha

spacer.png

In a recent interview and pictorial for Mag and Jina magazine, Lee Min Jung talked about the importance of family and the popularity of her latest drama “Once Again.”

Last year, the actress earned rave reviews and enjoyed sky-high viewership ratings for her hit KBS 2TV drama “Once Again,” in which she starred opposite Lee Sang Yeob as Dr. Song Na Hee.

When asked about the drama’s success, Lee Min Jung humbly remarked, “I was able to put on an acting performance that received good reviews thanks to the good energy I received from my co-stars and colleagues who worked with me [on the drama].”

spacer.png

She added, “Because the story was about things like love of family, marriage, divorce, and maternal love—common things that we often see and that happen around us, to people we know—I had a deep understanding of [the story] I was acting out, and I was able to relate to the character very quickly.”

As for what her family means to her in real life, Lee Min Jung shared, “I think of my family as my reason for living and my source of motivation.”

spacer.png

Finally, the actress revealed her hopes for the year ahead. “Moving past 2020, which was a hard year for everyone,” said Lee Min Jung, “I hope that we can become healthier and happier in 2021.”

“I’m filming my first movie in a long time [this year],” she continued. “I hope that we can successfully wrap up filming without any problems, and I hope we can all see each other at the movie theater!”

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @rubie

Thank you for the mention. I saw this thread being active few months back. I was honestly surprised seeing you active here as I thought you weren’t anymore and sadly left this whole thing. I didn’t mean in a bad way though. But then I was kind of not sure and felt awkward how I should start a conversation all of a sudden like “hey you are back!” or something lol so I just left. I guess part of the reason was me being reluctant when you asked me to join in thread and suddenly being active after you left. I kinda felt bad because of that. But after your mention, I feel at least a bit courageous I would say. Haha. Being mentioned really felt like welcome and I’m glad this thread is up and running great. Hope you are well. Thank you. Please stay safe and take care. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1