[Movie 2014] SEA FOG 해무 ♥ KimYunSeok ♥ ParkYuChun (First trailer on p18)

vzmeiin

Iris said:

After “Missing You” ended January of this year and after going through a long wait, the good news of a new work has finally arrived and Park Yuchun’s big screen debut movie is finally settled.

It was confirmed that Sim Sung-Bo will be the director and Bong Joon Ho will be the producer of the film “Sea Fog”. In this film, he will be acting with South Korean’s veteran actor Kim Yoon Seok. It’s Yuchun’s first time into the big screen and he’s working with a powerful team in a huge production. 

To start off in that manner is the dream of many actors. I believe our Yuchun will surely benefit from this.

Sorry to cut off this awesome post...@iris, we met at Kim JaeJoong's thread and here we are wonderfully sharing in this thread...so excited about this movie. 2014 cannot come fast enough. I wanna know everything about this story/ movie...very heartbreaking and interesting story...Yes, Yoochun is in great hands with these wonderful film people and YC will sure deliver. Park YooChun is perfect for this role and he will do the character and story justice...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New News:
The cinematographer Hong Kyungpyo from Snowpiercer (2013) and TaeGukGi:The brotherhood of war (2004) will be joining the Movie "Hae Moo" aka Sea Fogplus:

Out of all these under production movies that will begin shooting later this year, most anticipated movie is Hae Moo! http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000125855 

cr:믹모닝와이드 mmwide for 유천 ‏@mm_wide

Guest noniee

Nate news articles reported on how special Yoochun's big screen debut is among all http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000125855 

Seafog is reported to have dream team combination from producer, director, to casts and crews in other aspects.

Yoochun's potential, talent and determination persuade producer and PD to cast him among all the talented actors in 20s and 30s.

As an actor who is original idol, choosing a debut movie with heavy story life is very unexpected, and a brutal challenge for Yoochun.

Yoochun is aspired by the scenario n decided to challenge himself for a movie. Being able to work w this dream team is a great opportunity.

Hong Kyung Pyo, cinematographer of Wonbin's Mother, has joined Seafog's moviemaking team.

cr : 6002sky

Guest noniee

class="postitle" 130824 As a member of an idol group, it is a striking entrance to the movie field August 24, 2013 by kisschunnie

Park Yuchun from JYJ will make debut as a movie actor in ‘Sea Fog’ (director Shim Sung Bo). He will meet with audience through big screen 3 years after he started his professional acting career with Sungkyunkwan Scandal, a KBS2 TV drama in 2010.

Park Yuchun’s debut to the movie field holds our attention in many aspects. The most marked point is that he selected a ‘frontal attack’ totally different from the way many idol stars have chosen as a start of their movies up to now.

The screen debut of idol stars have mostly limited to a certain genre such as romantic comedy which makes their ticket power work effectively. Or, their appearance have been for ‘the movies with special purposes’ which have aimed at international market including Japan where they have high popularity at most of the times.

However, Park Yuchun selected a heavy work in which many big shots of the movie field gathered.

‘Sea Fog’ is considered as a work with great expectation among Korean movies of which the filming are scheduled to start during the 2nd half of 2013.

First of all, it draws hot attentions because it is the 1st movie produced by Director Bong Jun Ho of ‘Snowpiercer.’

It will be directed by Shim Sung Bo who wrote the screenplay of ‘Memories of Murder’ with Director Bong in 2003.

The rest of the staffs are glamorous, too. Camera Director, Hong Kyung Pyo who previously filmed ‘Snowpiercer’ and ‘Tae Guk Gi: Brotherhood Of War’ is also participating in the work. This is indeed a ‘combination work of the dream team.’

Park Yuchun’s joining to ‘Sea Fog’ is accepted as an exception to the movie field.

Above all, it holds our attention that he as an actor singer without any experience with movies decided to join a typical thriller genre.

Moreover, the counterpart whom will meet is Kim Yun Seok, one of the representative actors of Chungmuro. This is the reason why the new synergy is expected in the movie made by the encounter of a rookie actor and a veteran.

Park Yuchun has careful thought to make a decision since he was offered by the production firm of ‘Sea Fog’ in July.

He got interested by the fact that it would be produced by Bong Jun Ho and starred by Kim Yun Seok. But, he had to hesitate because it would be a speculation for him to challenge to be in a dark story including a bit of brutal contents.

Besides, there have been many actors in their 20s who wanted the role in ‘Sea Fog’ which Park Yuchun will play. A member from a popular group showed his desire for getting this role and it was known that another Hallyu star in his 30s also wanted to participate in ‘Sea Fog.’

In such a situation, Park Yuchun’s joining to ‘Sea Fog’ is interpreted as the result that his potentiality got good credits.

He has acted in various genres including historical drama, romantic comedy and melo while he has gone through his dramas from his debut work of ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ to ‘Miss Ripley,’ ‘Rooftop Prince,’ and to his most recent work ‘I Miss You.’ He also succeeded in viewing rates.

It was known that Park Yuchun who has great desire for his acting skills and was so fascinated by the scenario and the quality of the work that he finished reading it right away.

Park Yuchun is scheduled to start the filming of ‘Sea Fog’ from October. Now, he is focusing on preparation of the filming with the advices from Sul Kyung Ku and Lee Jung Jae who recently joined his agency.

Lee Hae Ree reporter  gofl1024@donga.com twitter@madeinharry

Credit: Naver

Translated by: start_aug

Shared by: 6002sky

jjer said: New News:
The cinematographer Hong Kyungpyo from Snowpiercer (2013) and TaeGukGi:The brotherhood of war (2004) will be joining the Movie "Hae Moo" aka Sea Fogplus:

Out of all these under production movies that will begin shooting later this year, most anticipated movie is Hae Moo! http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000125855 

@tealeeI havent seen the movie too but looking the trailer, I kinda liked it, not my type of movie, also the cinematographer work is not these two, I just named the two cuz many people could know these movie, the cinematographer is also in won bin's "mother" its one of my favorites ,"the good the bad and the weird". and also 2000s movie "Il mare"I also watched TaeGukGi in 2009 after JJ told in an interview that he was one of the Chinese soldier, hehe.
:)

@jjer

I know right...JJ as an extra in this huge movie and I was trying to find him amongst the sea of soldiers...haha...saw YouTube footage before of a scene in TaeGukKi where we can see JJ briefly in a scene inside with less chaos so able to see him better...but still, I look for him during those epic battles...lol

Park YooChun, my favorite actor, will be surrounded by awesome film makers...Snowpiercer is currently the most expensive film by South Korea...There's a lot of anticipation for Sea Fog because of the amazing heartbreaking storyline and wonderful actors and great film makers...PYC is an amazing actor and extremely hardworking. I have no doubt that Sea Fog and PYC in it will be fabulous. ^:)^ =D> And btw: Mother is also one of my favorites...

jjer said: New News:

@tealee, of  course I remember.. and thank you for your kind words and warm welcome.... I also loved "Mother".. Incredible film, and so well done... TaeGukGi is pure cinematic poetry to me... Absolutely everything about it is perfect...

I am thinking that there is a good chance that this film will be invited to some world film festivals... I know that Snowpiercer  was invited, but was not completed in time to participate... It would be so awesome if this film will.....

I hope this film will have a music score as haunting and beautiful as TaeGukGi...

class="entry-title"5August2013[NEWS] Park Yuchun – TOP, is it the choice of God? August 25, 2013
2tct.jpg

Park Yuchun will make his movie debut through ‘Sea Fog’ which is produced by first timer Bong Jun Ho who directed “Snow Piercer”.

Planning to have an acting collaboration with big sunbae Kim Yun Seok and acting a charming character which will leave a deep impression on people.

Using the same title as the stage play for this movie, it describes about boarding on an illegal smuggling ship, sailing to the open sea with the struggling for survival and love of the crew members. It is chosen as an anticipated work of Chungmuro.

Park Yuchun who acted as Dong Shik in ‘Sea Fog’, is a crew member of the smuggling ship which the captain is acted by Kim Yun Seok.

To protect his love and oppose the daring captain, Dong Shik is a strong and charismatic character.

Just like during this period through few dramas, Park Yuchun has proved his acting skills and rating potential, leading people related hold strong faith in his movie debut this time.

One of Chungmuro related person stated, “Park Yuchun and Choi Seung Hyun are the rare examples among the acting-singing idols who in reality their acting skills are very precise.

Besides their fan base and celebrity power, they have high appraisal for their acting skills as the same level as full time actor.

This is also the reason a lot of producers are paying attention to these 2 idols.”

Source: NATE

Chinese translated by 暖日呀呀

English translated & Shared by ParkYoochunSGFC

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Soo Hyun To Take Up Narrator Role in Bong Joon Ho Documentary Special

Screen-Shot-2013-08-24-at-11.46.28-PM-74

Actor Kim Soo Hyun took up the role of narrator for MBC‘s documentary special on director Bong Joon Ho

Bong Joon Ho is a renown director, whose work has captivated all audiences and critics. The documentary itself delves into the world of Bong Joong Ho to explore his directing style, tenacious personality, and tireless devotion behind some of the most recognized works of film like “Mother,” ”Snow Piercer,” and “The Host.”

The film “Mother” especially took audiences for a ride with its suspenseful, gritty and mind-blowing plot of a mother in desperate search of the killer that framed her son for the murder of an innocent girl. 

On taking up the part, Kim Soo Hyun said, “It was just an honor for me to be able to narrate a documentary dedicated to celebrate Bong Joon Ho and his work. Even before I became an actor, I have been a huge fan of Bong Joon Ho and his work. I will be doing my best to give viewers an up-close and personal look at the director’s life and work.”

Screen-Shot-2013-08-25-at-12.09.50-AM.pn
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Screen-Shot-2013-08-25-at-12.10.41-AM.pn
Screen-Shot-2013-08-25-at-12.11.29-AM.pn
Source: Soompi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too bad the article did not mention when that documentary will air.. I hope we get to see it...
But even the fact, they are making this documentary now, will help bring out "Sea Fog" even more, I think.
I wish Kim Jaejoong was narrating this documentary... that would have been perfect...
Sigh.. a girl can only dream....  :x

Archived