Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest seoxxoxo

Sentimental or Materialistic Gifts? [Guys opinions; girls welcome too!]

Guest seoxxoxo

<p>So long story short; I wanna give my bf a present & I don't know what to get him. Guys, do you guys prefer sentimental or materialistic gifts?</p><p> And this is a 'out of the blue/coming  back from China' and 100 days gift so nothing pricey. What would you guys like to receive?</p><p>I want to do those paper star things but I feel like they're overdone now-a-days. Any suggestions? Girls, what have you done for your boyfriends or exes for 100 days? </p>

If you where my gf and I havent seen you for 100days I just want you in my arms for a day. Gift only has so much meaning for a guy.

Guest rawritzcynthia

Considering its 100 days, I would go with sentimental. Usually by 100 days you are well into the honeymoon phase where you have inside jokes left and right, some intimate details about their life and family or something you share together. Use that memory, detail or inside joke and turn it into a gift of some sort. Chocolate helps too if they like chocolate (universal gift!) :) Good luck!

Guest Hinouchi

It's the thoughts that count. 

Guest hearthealer

Learn HIS language of love and speak it.
My SO loves sentimental gifts more than materialistic stuff...he likes both :P So he gets all the handmade stuff along with the store-bought presents...
I prefer materialistic stuff...yes yes I have my box of his handwritten cards stored in the same case as my designer gear, it's not like I don't appreciate heartfelt gifts at all. BUT I prefer materialistic stuff cause it saves me money and I am, if nothing else....practical.
So, I get him expensive gifts and alternate that with handmade candy and cups and other stuff. He just gets me storebought presents and a card.
Learn which gets to him more, and give him that one.

raymondc27 said: If you where my gf and I havent seen you for 100days I just want you in my arms for a day. Gift only has so much meaning for a guy.

For our 100 days, we got engraved couple rings, and I also bought this mini korean pill bottle (where it has blank pieces of paper inside each pill) and wrote some heartfelt messages on each paper. It's like a little of both - sentimental and materialistic.

Guest rinnyrules

I've always been a fan of making sentimental gifts, such as paper/straw stars, origami, buy quriky gifts as peace_up mentioned and things like that. It's probably just my thing, as i am a guy, i just find that creativity side of me gets the better of me :P, there's nothing wrong with either one of them, just get to know your partner more and find out what they like, maybe you just need to be with them, at the end, hino said, its the thought that counts.

Guest Mentor

I think that every gift has some sentimentality attached to it. That's why it's a gift. This is the materialistic society that we live in so materialism is the method by which we express sentimentality.
  The phrase "It's the thought that counts " really is true and it doesn't really matter what the three wise men brought to the infant Jesus that would have changed that mindset.

Guest rjkgr

just to be with you is the best gift! and just hang out and talk

Guest rogerboyd

Why not a pair of cufflinks? You can't go wrong with a pair of cufflinks. I found this website that sells cool cuffs. Check these out 
User banned. Carry on~

for me personally, if my girlfriend was returning after being away for 100 days, we would not leave the bed room for at least a day.
gift or no gift, it doesn't really bother me.

Guest xorisa

I'd go with sentimental over materialistic. Although materialistic may be expensive or somewhat more superior, I feel that people would appreciate it more if the gift is coming from the bottom of your heart. I once made paper stars for my boyfriend, and he treasured it more than anything :)

Sentimental.

Especially if it's something just between the two of us.
It could build on a memory you two share together, or an inside joke.

Guest kath (^___^)

personally , i would really love a sentimental gift .like , from a guy , i would really appreciate and love a gift that he spent time on and is personalized . it shows that he has the time just for you and that is really touching .