Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

I found an IG account @/seowontranslate that translated Park Seojun and Kim Jiwon interviews during FFMW days. I try to compile some of them that's interesting to me. Most of them are KJW interviews mentioning PSJ or Ko Dongman (just bcs i like it hearing other people praising him :P), Fantastic 4 and the drama itself. Bcs honestly i don't know much about the story behind this drama. We can hardly find the bts videos, even the script reading video is nowhere to be seen while it still remains on my toplist of PSJ's dramas. And KJW spilled pretty much interesting story behind it. Idk if you guys might have read it all, but if not, here they are.. 

All the credit goes to seowontranslate IG account, i only copy paste stuffs related to PSJ, Fantastic 4, behind their reward vacation to Jeju and the drama as a whole. 

KJW interview

Spoiler

(interviewer talked about their successfully portrayed romance in the drama; asked if she has 'something' with Park Seojoon) "Ah, really? Hahaha. I also saw these comments. I think it's a big relief. Because it makes me feel like we did well. I think the viewers liked the process where we switch from friends to lovers and looked upon it favorably so I think it's a relief." (The question used the term 썸 which is the interest phase before officially dating, same term used in the drama) .

Q.What do you think of Park Seojoon as a lover in real life? "the only Seojoon Oppa I have seen is when he's portraying Dongman, so I'm not quite sure but I guess it'd be nice? (Laughs). He treats (us/me) to coffee, ice cream, and even cuts the meat when we're having meals together... he takes good care of me through trivial things. He's delicate and considerate."

(interviewer told her about the viewers comments saying they can't sleep after watching the couple's heart-fluttering romance) "I was heart-fluttered too. Dongman and Aera created a new fantasy about guy-girl friends."
(interviewer tells her about how viewers like her chemistry with PSJ a lot and wish they date in real life) "I had great harmony with Seojoon Oppa. It kept getting better the more we worked together. I think viewers looked favorably upon Dongman and Aera. Seojoon oppa gave so many ideas on set, so the heart-fluttering scenes where even more heart-fluttering and the fun scenes where even more fun. Seojoon Oppa was very considerate towards me. He loves joking around but is also serious when it comes to acting. I have come to know why so many people like Park Seojoon Oppa." (She picked the scene where Dongman and Aera were hanging out at Namil Bar and then he pulls her closer to him as the most heart-fluttering scene to her. She was heart-fluttered before and during the filming.)

(About the reward vacation) “After only seeing the cast during filming, it was my first time seeing them in a free mood so I was surprised. We played like college students. We had so much fun, it was to the point where the staff asked us why are we not acting like celebrities. I left home a day earlier due to schedule, but we hanged around for almost 3 days with no sleep. We also enjoyed drinks together. (The trip) was half chatting half drinking."

(Asked about her harmony with PSJ) "I'm the type to be shy with strangers too, but it's not to the point of not being able to start a conversation. We only felt a little awkward at first but then became much closer with time. We had many scenes with Ahn Jaehong and Song Hayoon too, so from mid-episodes onwards we started having so much fun with filming, just like friends. We had so many NGs due to laughing as well. At Namil Bar, we filmed so many scenes with soju, it was so the point where we forgot about the camera and acted (naturally)."

(Asked about ad-libs) “The writer gave us permission to act as we like. We filmed freely. Park Seojoon and Ahn Jaehong has so much ad-libs. I think that's why the scenes came out fun. The most remarkable ad-lib for me was the scene where Aera hits Dongman's shoulder and then he goes '심쿵(ah, my heart)'"

(Asked about the fantastic 4's harmony) “I have so much praises for everyone. Park Seojoon was the best partner. A partner I'm grateful for. Park Seojoon did his best to create Dongman, and that's why Aera's character came out nicely too. On top of acting, he had to do martial arts too so it must have been tiring for him but never once did he show a frowning face. He was the mood-maker. He was also very considerate. In the emotional scenes where I had to cry, Park Seojoon looked at me silently which helped me tear up easily. He's an actor with so many ideas, there were so many scenes that came out well thanks to his ideas." (her praises about the other cast are in the other post!)

(about her character in the drama) "In FFMW, I learned how melodrama is properly done. I don't have much experiences for romance scenes so I was nervous, but (the drama) received lots of interests thanks to the melo-bulldozer Park Seojoon. He's truly a melo-buldozer. My friends sent me messages saying 'Park Seojoon is so cool'. I reply them with 'Yep, he's cool.' (laughs). Dongman and Aera's relationship wasn't simply friendship. The genuine guy-girl friendship was Aera and Jooman. But one of the reasons our drama was loved by people is that Dongman and Aera didn't know they love each other and only the viewers knew. Their lovey-dovey bickering relationship was fun."

Original source :

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=119&aid=0002200885&sid1=001

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=079&aid=0002994431

Another KJW interview

Spoiler

Kim Jiwon interview today~(2)
All credits to @lovelovehm ☺️
"I had really good working harmony with with Park Seojoon. I was his fan as I enjoyed watching lots of his previous works. I liked our arguing scenes. Park Seojoon is very good at melodrama so I followed his lead." (About her kissing scenes) "The melodrama-bulldozer (PSJ) did a great job."

(Comparing PSJ with Jingoo) "In Jingoo's case, we have a 12 years age gap in real life. He's a lot older than me so I trusted him as a sunbae, I relied on and seeked advice from him. But this time, I'm working with someone around my age so we had fun creating (the drama) together. Park Seojoon is very tall so our height chemistry was good. Leaving the drama on a side, the atmosphere on set was even more comfortable. (Thanks to that) we were able to give off comfortable oppa vibes during filming. My favorite scene is the one where Aera gives Dongman kisses so he doesn't get hurt before his MMA match, although it's a sad scene. Even when knowing he'd get hurt, she smiled and wished him a safe match, that was a beautiful scene so it's my favorite."

"Dongman getting hurt was the most heartbreaking. In the scene where his ear gets hurt and he loses his hearing, Paek Seojoon's acting was very good. It was to the point where we wondered if he really lost his hearing in real life. I was very shocked and heartbroken."

(About the cast chemistry) "since it's a very bright and fun drama, I think that played a part in this. The script had so many fun scenes. There are many people who started watching the drama after checking out video clips online. The combination of us 4 was really good. We were awkward until about 2 weeks into filming but then we grew closer very quickly after that. Everyone has a good personality so we were able to get along quickly. We talked about wanting to visit Namil bar again and hang out there while having some beer. We had a lot to chat about even when when meet at midnight. We had fun chatting so we didn't feel ourselves staying up all night (during filming). Since our filming was in Busan, we went around exploring restaurants there. Jaehong oppa is very interested in food so he visited lots of restaurants."
"whenever the 4 of us are together, we always had lots of NGs due to laughing." "Song Hayoon, unlike her shy and quiet image, she's very talkative and likes taking care of people. Ahn Jaehong is quiet and composed but turns the entire set into laughter with just one witty word. Park Seojoon might be playful but also careful. If he thinks you're feeling uncomfortable he'd take care of you and if he feels you'd get hurt he'll clean the way for you, he's very considerate."

(About working with PSJ) "had a good impression of him since the first script reading, and after acting with him my impression of him was even better. He does lots of thinking as an actor. He makes up lots of ideas on set and makes the scenes richer and more vibrant. It was fun thanks to him." "Park Seojoon's stares are very good. He gives me lovely looks during the filming so I was very satisfied on behalf (of Aera). (Laughs). I think the reason viewers loves Aera is because of the way Dongman loves her."

(about starting DetectiveK filming right after finishing SsamMyWay) "I feel empty. Since we spent a long time together but then the drama ended, I feel empty. That's why I play the OST at home sometimes. We talked a lot during our reward vacation. Park Seojoon told us that we must come to his movie premiere. He said it's be good if all 4 of us appeared together. He said he'll cut ties with us if we don't come. I'll definitely go. (Laughs)"

KJW talked about the kiss scene in the last epilogue on episode 16

Spoiler

KJW interview with News Outlet (Park Seojun related only) 

Spoiler

170728 Jiwon's full interview for News1 (this media outlet listed all of her answers in an organized way so I just decided to translate the full thing -again, some answers might be similar to previous interviews-)

Q. Amongst the scenes you had with Park Seojoon, which scene was fun and memorable to you?
"The epilogue scene in which we're eating ramyeon and he says go bring Kimchi. It was really funny. Also the scene in which Park Seojoon pats my head and then smells his hands afterwards and says that it smells like meat, it was an ad-lib. We laughed a lot while monitoring the scene."
Q. Were you allowed to do ad-libs freely on set?
“The writer and director allowed the cast to act freely as long as it doesn't get out of the script context. That's why it was even more comfortable. In the past scene where we were playing the '007빵' game, it was us actors who decided on the game. It was fun creating situation together.

Q. In real life, you're the youngest amongst the Namil Bar quartet, you must have received so much affection from everyone.
“Although I'm the youngest, we all were just like friends. Unnies and Oppas showed me lots of consideration and respect. That's why I'm very thankful to them, Rather than treating me like "Aww cute," they instead were very considerate. I got very close with Song Hayoon, we were like friends. Park Seojoon was sometimes like an Oppa and sometimes like a friend. He cuts meats and opens the lunchbox lid for me, such manners were engraved in him. Um..Oppa charm? Haha. He's a friend when filming and an Oppa when we're on a break."
Q. You had a reward vacation after the drama ended.
“I releived all the tiredness piled up from the drama filming, I also went on a Bali photoshoot."
Q.We heard you left a day earlier than the other actors due to schedule.
"Yes. I stayed 1 night and 2 days and everyone else stayed 2 nights 3 days, I heard that they spent all 3 days with no sleep. (Laughs)"
Q.Is Park Seojoon the type to lead the set in real life too?
"When the four of us are together, each one had a quarter share (of lead). Since we're very talkative and like having fun. (Laughs). Park Seojoon has leadership and also comes up with lots of fun ideas. That's why we called him '사기캐('over-balanced character' -someone who's good at everything-). He has leadership, is friendly, good at sports, etc he's good at everything. (Laughs)." .

Source: 
http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002865241
http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002865242
http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002865243

Spoiler

170331 Some more interview quotes of Kim Jiwon (some answers might be repeated but with more details) .
(she was asked what does she think of PSJ as a person) "Actually, I'm not quite sure. 4 months (of filming) was a long period of time, but it's not enough to get to know someone well. I was able to witness Go Dongman but for PSJ as a person, I don't know him well. He likes joking around but is also a serious person, so as an actor he worries a lot about the scenes. I received lots of positive influence from him. Beside acting, many people like PSJ as a person, I was able to find out why many people love him. (Laughs)." .
(Asked about the romance scenes) "Park Seojoon looked at me with a truly loving stare, so I was able to immerse easily into the scene." "His nickname is melo-bulldozer. I just had to follow his lead. I felt really happy when I saw responses saying "The two look like they're really dating". Because it means we had good harmony. I'm hoping to win best couple award at the year-end award ceremonies. (Laughs)." .
(Asked about her chemistry with Sulhee -I just thought this part was cute haha-) "(Our harmony) was really good. Song Hayoon is older than me but she approached me comfortably so she felt like a friend. She really takes care of me like a mother. She brought me medicine when I caught a cold. She still brings me medicine. (Laughs). I really received so much care from her. Even during filming, she was really like Sulhee so she was able to empathize with her, we really had fun filming. (Laughs). "
(Talking about ad-libs) "The writer and director left it open for us. They allowed us to change things as long as it doesn't get out of context. They allowed us to go along with the situation on set, so we were able to add more fun to the scenes that don't don't bring harm to the script. They told us to play freely. We had fun filming. During the 007Bang game in the drama, it was us who decided on which game to play and how. I had my hair tied in two braids since it was a flashback scene, but they got me the nickname "Chucky". So when I lost in the game Ahn Jaehong oppa said "Let's hit Chucky," I believe that was an ad-lib too." .

Spoiler

170801 New interview articles of Kim Jiwon (Quoted the interesting parts from each article)
(Asked what meaning does FFMW has to her) "'A new start', that's how it felt like. I used to tell myself to not place too much importance on the lead role, but still since it's my first lead role ever. That's why it felt like starting anew. We had so much filming in Busan, so amongst us actors we said 'let's go to Busan again when we're 83 years old'. Not sure why 83 years old exactly (laughs)"
(Asked about her ideal type) "With every new project, I end up picking my co-star as my ideal type. Through this project, I realized why viewers love Park Seojoon. He has a good sense of humor, and is sweet."
(Asked about the synchronization between Go Dongman's character and the real Park Seojoon) "I think it's more than 50%. Not only Park Seojoon, but also Ahn Jaehong and Song Hayoon. Ahn Jaehong has lots of interest in food in real life and loves restaurants, he has a warm personality. Everyone had high synchronization with their characters."
(Asked about Park Seojoon's romantic stares) "It was really good. (Laughs). When he looks at me with a loving stare, I was satisfied enough on behalf of Aera. I think the reason viewers loved FFMW is because of how much Go Dongman loved Aera."
(Asked about the kiss scenes and PSJ's red ears) "When filming the kiss scenes we discussed about how to make the scene more beautiful. As I remember, the red ears during the skinship scenes was all makeup. It was makeup too when his ears gets rubbed during the match."
(Asked about the frequent kiss scenes and if they had instructions during filming) "A huge part of it was left to Park Seojoon to handle. For the rest, the staff around us helped. We discussed a lot about the movements while filming like 'it'd be better if you move like this', 'if you move like that it'd be more heart-fluttering', and so on. I learned a lot. Our goal was to make the viewers feel the heart-fluttering moments."

170801 New interview articles of Kim Jiwon (Quoted the interesting parts from each article) [Part.2]
(Asked about her harmony with PSJ) "I didn't have much experiences with romance scenes. Seojoon taught me well so I was able to follow his lead. For example, in the scene where Dongman grabs Aera's arms and makes her turn towards him, Seojoon taught me how to turn in a beautiful way. He had consideration for the female lead to make her look the prettiest."
(Asked if she wants to work with FFMW'S writer Im Sang Choon and director Lee Najung again) "We jokinly asked to make 'FFMW 2'. 16 episodes can be considered long, but it also feels short. I'd be grateful if we get the chance to work together again."

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=469&aid=0000222551

Kim Gunwoo (Kim Taksu) mentioning PSJ

Spoiler

Song Hayoon interview mentioning Fantastic 4

Spoiler

You can check this IG out for other interviews including PSJ interview you might haven't seen :)

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1

@Anjalifairy woah, thank you so much for sharing! It was interesting to read. A lot of praises, huh :wub: As PSJ's fan it makes me happy to see how consistent his co-stars describe him. They all say he is considerate, helps his juniors/seniors, leads scenes, jokes around to create good mood, always smiles and gives good advices for those, who asks or needs them ^_^ 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

5 Actors Who Proved That One Doesn't Need Double Eyelids to Win Hearts

Here are 5 actors with their single eyelid charms. 

It's always the 'standard' among people that those whose big eyes and double eyelids are considered the handsome or the pretty ones with 'visuals' as their titles. However, it doesn't mean that one would lose out on having the 'visual' title just because they have single eyelids and these 5 actors are here to prove. 

Park Seojoon

1563823585795-Screen-Shot-2019-07-23-at-04.18.28.jpg

Image Source: Instagram 'bn_sj2013'

credit: kstarlive

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Park Seo Joon + Kim Da Mi Share Unforgettable 1st Meeting In “Itaewon Class”

JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” has revealed a sneak peek of Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi’s memorable first encounter!

The latest episode of the drama, which is based on the popular webtoon of the same name, ended with the revelation that the passionate and high-minded Park Sae Roy (played by Park Seo Joon) had taken his first steps toward achieving his dream of opening his own gastropub in Itaewon.

On February 6, “Itaewon Class” unveiled a glimpse of the entertaining dynamic between Park Sae Roy and leading lady Jo Yi Seo (played by Kim Da Mi), who will meet for the first time in the drama’s upcoming third episode. The first photo captures a tense moment between the pair, with Park Sae Roy grabbing the “genius sociopath” by the wrist to stop her as she attempts to get into a taxi.

Their second encounter proves even more unforgettable, with Jo Yi Seo dramatically falling backwards onto Park Sae Roy as he sports a cumbersome mascot costume. After their epic spill, Park Sae Roy appears to recognize Jo Yi Seo from their first meeting, pointing a finger at her accusingly while wearing a surprised expression.

Itaewon-Class.jpg

The producers of “Itaewon Class” commented, “Park Sae Roy and Ji Yo Seo’s first meeting is entertaining from the get-go. You’ll be able to see Jo Yi Seo’s unique charms right away.”

They went on to add, “Please keep an eye on Park Sae Roy’s eventful arrival at Itaewon, as well as the start of his passionate revolt.”

The next episode of “Itaewon Class” will air on February 7 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source : Soompi

• Like 4

14 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@Anjalifairy woah, thank you so much for sharing! It was interesting to read. A lot of praises, huh :wub: As PSJ's fan it makes me happy to see how consistent his co-stars describe him. They all say he is considerate, helps his juniors/seniors, leads scenes, jokes around to create good mood, always smiles and gives good advices for those, who asks or needs them ^_^ 

Ikr? Seeing everyone said the same things, that means it's his natural behavior being such a good leader and mood maker, not something fake or posed moments :wub:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2