Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

David Lee Explains How Park Seo Joon Helped Him During “Itaewon Class” + Why He Was Concerned About His Character

David Lee Explains How Park Seo Joon Helped Him During “Itaewon Class” + Why He Was Concerned About His Character

Mar 24, 2020
by S. Park

David Lee shared his thoughts on his character in “Itaewon Class.”

“I like manhwas (Korean comic) like ‘One Piece,’ so I enjoyed the original ‘Itaewon Class’ [webtoon],” he began. “But I was really worried and had doubts about whether I could do a good job. I have never played a character that wore a suit and had the vibes of an elite person. More than anything, I was worried about appearing as Park Seo Joon’s friend.”

David Lee and Park Seo Joon’s teamwork shined the most in the scene where Lee Ho Jin went to visit Park Sae Ro Yi in jail. Park Sae Ro Yi said, “Lee Ho Jin, do you want to be on my side?” and extended a fist on his side of the glass panel. Lee Ho Jin replied, “That’s why I’m here,” and put his fist up to Park Sae Ro Yi’s.

Itaewon-Class_1.jpg

The actor revealed, “I contemplated it a lot, but didn’t know how to express this scene. On the day of filming, Seo Joon calmly expressed this scene with a thoughtful smile. I felt as if it had been solved after seeing how he did it.”

He added, “I thought a lot about each scene in order to not appear over-the-top. Lee Ho Jin is usually with Park Sae Ro Yi, and Seo Joon’s acting helped me a lot every time I filmed.”

David Lee then further explained the difficulties of portraying Park Seo Joon’s friend onscreen, who is older than him in real life. “Just like how it felt awkward acting while wearing a suit, I kept worrying how I could appear as Seo Joon’s friend because I didn’t want to be an interruption to the story,” he said. “He joked around with me a lot and approached me comfortably. Seeing him like this put me at ease. Because he acted like a friend towards me, I could get a sense of how to react.”

The actor chose as one of his favorite scenes the one where Park Sae Ro Yi comforted Ma Hyun Yi (played by Lee Joo Young) after she was outed as transgender. “There’s a scene in the drama where Sae Ro Yi tells Ma Hyun Yi, ‘You don’t need to make other people understand who you are.’ The line was good, but I really liked Seo Joon’s facial expression when saying ‘It’s okay’ and Joo Young’s face when she burst into tears. I can’t forget that scene.”

Itaewon-Class_3.jpg

full article: soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Ahn Bo Hyun Talks About Working With Park Seo Joon, His Family’s Reaction To “Itaewon Class,” And More

Ahn Bo Hyun Talks About Working With Park Seo Joon, His Family’s Reaction To “Itaewon Class,” And More

Regarding the drama, he shared what it was like to work with Park Seo Joon. He explained, “Since we are the same age, it was comfortable, and our conversations flowed well. Whenever we had scenes together, we would discuss how to portray it, and he would accept all my suggestions.” He added with a laugh, “Although there were only a few scenes with Sae Roy and Geun Won, the impact of their meeting was strong. That’s why I think it was like that.”

He continued to praise Park Seo Joon, saying, “He is a friend with an impressive filmography and a wide spectrum. That’s why we were able to communicate and accommodate one another well. He was helpful to me, and I was able to gain confidence.

credit: soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2