Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Park Seo-joon is making his Hollywood debut by way of MCU’s “Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels,” starring Brie Larson. What are your thoughts about Korean actors getting more chances to act in Hollywood productions?

Korean films, K-dramas and K-pop are really expanding their reach all around the world, and I’m really happy to witness this phenomenon. I wish there’ll be more chances given to many talented Koreans who deserve to be seen, like actor Park Seo-joon and filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (“Parasite”).

Read more: https://entertainment.inquirer.net/427970/don-lee-on-his-chemistry-with-angelina-jolie-in-marvels-eternals#ixzz7Ddhl4Sk3
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

• Like 8

12 hours ago, tashjeomju said:

Park Seo-joon is making his Hollywood debut by way of MCU’s “Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels,” starring Brie Larson. What are your thoughts about Korean actors getting more chances to act in Hollywood productions?

Korean films, K-dramas and K-pop are really expanding their reach all around the world, and I’m really happy to witness this phenomenon. I wish there’ll be more chances given to many talented Koreans who deserve to be seen, like actor Park Seo-joon and filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (“Parasite”).

Read more: https://entertainment.inquirer.net/427970/don-lee-on-his-chemistry-with-angelina-jolie-in-marvels-eternals#ixzz7Ddhl4Sk3
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

@tashjeomju thanks for sharing the link. For me, it's right time for more Korean talent to cross over to Hollywood. Hallyu influence is one, which is making Korean actors more desirable in Hollywood. It has recruited Korean talents for a while such the likes of Bae Doona, Lee Byung-hun, RAIN, and now PSJ. I hope that Korean crossover actors will continue to find better roles. There are challenges involved in crossing over and language is definitely one of them. The language barrier is indeed an obvious challenge, but many Korean stars with crossover potential these days are already bi-lingual or speak fluent accented English. Still, it's common for them to negotiate for a dialect coach and/or translator to be provided on set to increase the comfort level and preparation of the actor when working overseas. Also, the U.S. entertainment industry operates very differently from Korea on both a cultural and corporate level when it comes to deal structures, how talent is cared for, and what is expected on set, and Korean stars have to adjust very quickly to these new environments. Production schedules for films and TV series in Korea can feel more harsh for foreigners, especially when it comes to Korean dramas where pre-production periods are more collapsed, and many still practice the system of writing drama scripts concurrently as the show is on the air. But these days, more shows, especially on the cable networks, are being pre-produced, with shooting standards and guidelines, along with budgets, starting to align more closely with the standards and practices of Hollywood. For Korean actors, the biggest advantage of appearing in a Hollywood film or TV project is the international exposure and prestige, which can also positively impact the level of pay for subsequent work anywhere in the world. It is also a chance to collaborate with great filmmakers and talent. :sweet:

• Like 8

On 11/28/2021 at 6:25 PM, serenilmauve said:

I would actually like to have Disney+, but it’s not available in my country yet… and I’m not sure if I actully want  to spend money on it, ‘cause I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime :joy:

LOL, you’re right Netflix and Prime have plenty of content already to cover. When Seo Jun’s works come to Disney+ I’ll think about it :joy:

On 11/28/2021 at 8:26 PM, Gisell Gisell said:

Thanks for the articles. Ziozia's sales grow every year and they should be happy with Seo Jun. :love: I hope they will work together for long time as I still want to see the overseas pictorials. :please:

I am waiting the Marvels to subscribe Disney+ too. Lol.

Currently I am still on Netflix and waiting for Seo Jun's next recommendation. Hahahahaha. I am surprised as well when he said he watched Lupin as I watched it as soon as it came out. Waiting for Season 3 now. :blush:

My pleasure :blush: it’s all Seo Jun’s doing, he’s the CF king after all :piggydance:I’m looking forward to Lupin 3 as well…

On 11/29/2021 at 4:34 AM, Anjalifairy said:

I thought we could rest a bit longer from our Sherlock job, but now the guy already in other part of the world :joy:

There’s no rest ever, Seo Jun keeps us on our toes…. Even he’s relaxing our Sherlock mode is fully on… there’s no end since he’s always on the move - our globetrotter  :joy:

• Like 6

Skechers CF longer version

A blogger posted her memories in 2019. One of them is when she attended TDF stage greeting

IMG-20211201-080448.jpg

She writes :

No kidding. It was quite far away but their looks were literally amazing. Park Seo Jun's body proportion was insane, Mr. Ahn Sung Ki was totally cool, Woo Do Hwan was sexy. I saw so many celebs in Seoul, but that day was the happiest moment in my life.

Source : Naver Blog

D-15 to his birthday :hooray:

• Like 9

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Keeping Cosy

As the weather turns colder, it’s never too early to dig out your favourite Christmas jumper and wrap up warm. This week, we’ve pulled together an array of shoots styling winter woollens, from matching threads to statement coats.

20211129_seoulbeats_Park-Seo-Joon-838x10

(skipped unrelated.....

source : seoulbeats

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Korean food's status rises due to 'Hallyu Wave'

Thanks to the Hallyu craze, Korean food is also looking for its own name. In particular, the foods eaten by the main characters of the Hallyu wave or the foods that appeared in dramas and movies are immediately rising to the top of the bestseller list. 

CJ CheilJedang recently changed the name of its dumpling products sold in Japan from 'Gyoza' to 'Mandu'. The original name of 'Bibigo Wang Gyoza' was changed to 'Bibigo Wang Mandu', and 'Bibigo Mul Gyoza' was renamed 'Bibigo Mul Mandu'. The purpose is to promote Korean dumplings widely in the 650 billion won Japanese gyoza market. The local advertisement video featured Bibigo model and actor Park Seo Jun, the lead character of the drama 'Itaewon Class'. With a Japanese narration, "Do you know the king dumplings?" and 'Mandu' is pronounced in Korean.

It is not an exaggeration to say that the popularity of Korean food abroad is called a 'syndrome' thanks to the recent Korean Wave craze. Not only K-pop, but also dramas such as Netflix's biggest box office hit Squid Game, Kingdom, CLOY, and Itaewon Class have been doing well overseas, and Korean culture has also been in the spotlight. 

Skipped the rest…

4 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Skechers CF longer version

So cool, can’t stop looking at him :coolshades:getting ready to splurge on the Stamina Airy sneakers…:piggie:

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

As the weather turns colder, it’s never too early to dig out your favourite Christmas jumper and wrap up warm. This week, we’ve pulled together an array of shoots styling winter woollens, from matching threads to statement coats.

Exquisitely handsome, his eyebrows :fullofhearts:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

@serenilmauve They legit made him pop each ballon for the Pop Quiz? :joy:

Thanks for sharing the translations from ellie PSJ Twitter account. He sounds like he thoroughly enjoyed his London filming experience, love watching him talk and those golden stars slowly landing on his black suit what a beautiful sight to watch:issohappy:

Not surprised his favorite perfume these days is Blue de Chanel, it smells soooo good :transforms:

9-D367917-3-CAD-467-A-A166-0-D39-C1-D051

• Like 3
  • Blob 4