Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

The Guardian named Itaewon Class as one of the K-drama to binge-watch: 

After being wrongfully sent to prison for three years, Park Sae-ro-yi (Park Seo-joon) has a dream to realise: That dream? To open a restaurant and ensure it becomes the biggest food chain in Korea, which – along with his loyal friends – he slowly turns into reality.

Set in Itaewon, a neighbourhood known as Seoul’s most diverse area and often referred to as “foreigners district”, this is a story about how the rich abuse their power, and how it’s possible to rise above injustice. And it wouldn’t be a classic K-drama without a love triangle. In fact, it has everything you need – including none other than V of BTS on the official soundtrack.
Available to stream on Netflix

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/oct/25/hooked-on-squid-game-here-are-10-of-the-best-k-dramas-to-watch-next

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

7 Romance K-Dramas To Keep You Warm This Winter

4. “She Was Pretty

Along the lines of “Oh My Venus,” “She Was Pretty” is another drama which focuses on the slow transformation of its leading lady into a woman of unsurpassed beauty. But it’s not the physical transformation that makes this drama so great. No, just like in the previous drama, it’s the chemistry between the leads that keeps you coming back for more. Once a rich and beautiful girl, Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) had the world at her feet, but a reversal of her family’s fortune, along with the loss of her outward beauty, has made life since then rather difficult. On the other hand, her once plain and poor childhood friend, Ji Sung Joon (Park Seo Joon), has grown into a rich and handsome fashion magazine editor. Separated as children, the two agree to meet again as adults, but their complete role reversal has Hye Jin doing everything she can to get out of her promise. With this storyline alone, you’ve got more than enough for a delightfully warm and fuzzy drama, but when you add a number of colorful side characters, namely Super Junior’s Choi Siwon‘s loveably goofy Kim Shin Hyuk, you’ve got yourself a real winner  which is probably why this drama has inspired such a large number of remakes.

credit: https://www.soompi.com/article/1498585wpp/7-romance-k-dramas-to-keep-you-warm-this-winter

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

On the other hand, her once plain and poor childhood friend, Ji Sung Joon (Park Seo Joon), has grown into a rich and handsome fashion magazine editor.

I don’t recall him being poor as child, he was a bit chubby and socially awkward, but the fact that he was neighbors with HyeJin means he was living in a rich neighborhood, right? 

• Like 5

@Jeomju1216 You definitely right, he wasn’t lol His family was well-off in SK, and I don’t think they ever showed them struggling even when they then moved to USA. He was never bullied for being poor, but rather only for his appearance and shy, timid character. It’s Kim Hye Jin’s family, who went bankrupt and was forced to move out from wealthy neighborhood. But per usual Soompi writers always get Ji Sung Joon and his background or character wrong lol

• Like 6

PARK SEO JUN X CHANEL BEAUTY FOR MARIE CLAIRE DECEMBER 2021 ISSUE

mck-619744d596e55-scaled.jpg

Q. You've had a new experience recently, right? In a past interview, you said, "All the works I starred in have always made me develop or experience different things". What did you learn and feel new as an actor these days?
A. I feel that there are still a lot of areas that I need to challenge. A little step away from familiar people or environments will give me a new stimulus. Of course, it's hard sometimes, but I believe that these things build up and make me stronger, so I think I will continue to live like this. I will not hesitate to learn new things or challenge myself.

Q. Looking back, you've been acting at least one piece every year without a break. What makes you so productive? Have you ever thought about the driving force behind being an actor?
A. I've been doing the best I can, keeping this thought in mind that I would like to live to do what I want, and as I move forward by setting goals and breaking the walls one by one, I've get to where I am now. I always try not to forget that feeling when I first started acting.

Q. There's news about new movies which will be released within two years such as 'Dream' and 'Concrete Utopia'. What is the most important thing in making new choices and challenges?
A. I want to try something new, and I try to choose characters and works that I can express well every time. I want to do all the roles that I can do well at my age. I'm looking forward to participating in many more works in the future.

Q. Living as an actor now, what are the things you want to fill and empty if there is any?
A. Like the characters I played, I think I'm living my youth, and I try to do my best every moment. I try to fill myself with memories and emotions of every moment. And I focus on what I'm doing while working, but outside of it, I try to think less about work and try to clear my mind.

Q. In an interview in the past, you talked about the attitude and relationship that you maintained on the set, and the responsibility you felt as an actor. What is the most important attitude when you treat others?
A. I think it's important to communicate with people who work together with me. As the communication goes smoothly, good acting and good atmosphere on set naturally come out and create synergy. Of course, I have to be responsible for the character I play, but in order to produce good results, I should enjoy the time I go to the set and create a comfortable working environment with the people who gathered for the work, the people who worked with me for several months.

Q. Do you have any values you want to hold on to while you are living as an actor and getting familiar with the world of actors?
A. I think I should do my best without disappointing people who cheer me on. When I hear that someone is empowered by the work I starred in, I feel proud and I realize that I can have a good influence on someone, and I feel greater sense of responsibility. I always think about whether I'm on the right track and I always want to be a better person for those who supporting me.

Q. What do you expect more from yourself in 10 years?
A. I don't plan in detail until that far, but I shouldn't cause any trouble in the next 10 years (laughs). I want to be an actor who keeps learning and working as hard as I do now.

Q. This interview is for the December issue of Marie Claire. What kind of year was 2021 for actor Park Seo Jun?
A. Like what do you want this year to be remembered as? This year, I haven't met my fans with my work, but I think I've worked harder than ever while filming many works. This year is also the 10th anniversary of my debut. The experience in the new environment, Marvel Studios, made me realize that there was no end to the challenges and experiences. It would be nice to specify this year with something, but I'm satisfied with the fact that I didn't get lazy and worked hard this year. 

*English Translation by Anjalifairy.
*Translation may contain inaccuracies.
*Repost with full credit.
Source :
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

*** KBS’ Entertainment Weekly recently released the top 8 list of stars who have made a fortune by starring in commercials. Third place went to Park Seo Joon, who even starred in Philippine and Indonesian ads, making about 9.8 billion KRW (about $8.25 million) in total by featuring in commercials.  :sweet:

20211120084427238uyaq.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211120084426940

• Like 6