Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

44 minutes ago, sueeila said:

Not my favourite hairstyle but other than that he is hot :yum:

Lol! Yeah me too...his stares though..aarrggggh:heart2beat:

I'm curious what he would tell us about his newfound hobby in cooking and home decoration? 

• Like 7

Vogue Man Hong Kong Debuts With Park Seo Jun Covers

spacer.png

I quite like this hairstyle, PSJ looks hot as hell! His eyes though, can’t get over those sexy stares :crazymad:I think Vogue magazine is slightly easier to get one’s hands on, will try and get a copy once overseas shipping or digital subscription opens up. 

"VOGUE MAN HONG KONG" inaugural issue | cover interview with South Korean all-round star Park Seo-jun

It has never been easy to gain a foothold in the Korean entertainment industry. Park Seo-jun is the most eye-catching and dazzling entertainer in recent years. Women are fascinated by his charm, and men appreciate his talent. From acting, participating in variety shows, and being a host, no wonder the local media unanimously praised him as "a man who doesn't know how to do nothing." The inaugural issue of "Vogue Man Hong Kong" asked the star, who has an ever-changing identity, to talk about his career and his views on Korean film and television.

From playing the bad boy in his first drama "Dream High 2" to "She Was Beautiful", which really made him a stable lead actor, Park Seo-jun turned into a struggling boxer in "Fight for my way" until the following year in "What’s wrong with Secretary Kim?" playing the overbearing vice-president, both of which set off a TV craze and boom in ratings in South Korea and all over Asia; the latter suddenly re-started the views explosion on YouTube after three years, in which the passionate kiss between him and the heroine Park Min-young was widely featured in the South Korean media. And it was this drama that formally established his position in the show business and performing arts world.

Park Seo-jun, who participated in many film and television works, said about this shooting: "Actually, I have always been interested in fashion, but I dare not say that I am a fashionista or trend-setter. I usually pay attention to fashion trends and dress myself. My own style of dressing is biased towards casual, more casual. I also like to study interior design. For example, a pink sofa is enough to bring a bright spot to the living room, fun/cute and interesting furniture can also add a sense of liveliness to the home. This time I became the cover model for the Hong Kong edition of Vogue, being on the cover of the inaugural issue of Vogue Man is very meaningful and special to me. I feel very honored to be able to shoot the cover of a foreign magazine, and it is also very fresh."

[Edit] More translated interview bits

Spoiler

Park Seo-jun believes that acting is not only his career, but also starts his reflection on life. In "Itaewon Class", he plays the tavern owner who fights against the invasion of the community by the food mega group, and quite David against the giant Goliath’s taste. "I really like a line in the drama: Everyone knows that the way to succeed is to fight to the end. I agree very much. Although the truth is simple, it is true that you can achieve your goal only by persisting. Of course, I also understand that these principles are easy to say and difficult to do. Many people’s lives are not going smoothly and can’t do what they want to do easily, but in any case, I should try my best. I believe that time is fair.  People have the same time, no more, no less. The difference lies in how you use it." Park Seo-jun thinks that he is more active. He continued, "I believe that many things can be viewed from multiple angles, so that we can get out of the situation. I am very grateful to be an actor and realize my dreams that had sprouted in my youth. For me, acting is not just work, but my life, or my destiny. When I was in middle school, my classmates often asked me if I wanted to.  Taking acting as a profession, I already answered that acting is not a profession, but a life. If acting only as a job, it is difficult to appreciate the fun. Before filming "Itaewon Class", I was not keen to pay attention to social issues.  When I started to participate in the role, I also began to think about the situation of the role, and I have a better understanding of social issues, so that I can pay more attention to the disadvantaged groups and people in need. I also hope that my performance can go beyond the level of pure entertainment.  Let the audience reflect and trigger discussions, and even exert an influence on society." 

Spoiler

Learn to reflect on life under the pandemic. When Park Seo-jun was shooting this time, the pandemic in South Korea was still active, but fortunately, his work progress was not affected too much.  He cooperated with veteran actors Youn Yuh-Jung , Lee Seojin, and Jung Yumi on the reality show "Youn Kitchen 2" three years ago, and went to Spain to open a limited-time Korean restaurant together.  This year the crew originally planned to add the original crew and the new member Choi Woo-shik to go abroad to film the reality show "Youn Stay" with the theme of running a homestay, but due to the global pandemic, it was changed to filming at Hanok Homestay in Jeollanam-do, South Korea.  Park Seo-jun continues to shoulder the responsibility of the hotel’s kitchen, carefully preparing traditional Korean dishes for foreign guests who come to stay, making sweet and sour fried chicken, roast beef patties and vegetable fried foods and other different dishes.  "In fact, I usually cook simple and convenient home-cooked dishes at home. Cooking is not unfamiliar to me. I used to cook by myself when I lived by myself. My parents and I often cook during the pandemic.  Staying at home, in addition to cooking, I also had more time to tidy up and clean the home, and did a lot of housework that I don’t usually do.” He frankly said that the pandemic continued, which also made him feel depressed. “I have been staying at home for a long time.  Not being able to meet with friends really made me feel bored. However, I quickly learned to adjust my mentality and began to pursue more different interests, so I gradually fell in love with tidying up the home, looking back the past few years of acting career, Park Seo-jun is grateful for himself.  He has a lot of valuable performance opportunities and collaborations with many senior actors. Many artists will follow their predecessors as their role models. Who is the role model of Park Seo-jun, he immediately replied: "My parents are the role models I follow.  I have always felt that I should regard the seniors who have good acting skills as role models, but to be honest, there are many seniors who have excellent acting skills. After thinking about it, I still feel that my parents are the ones I should learn from. Chatting with them and listening carefully to their sharing of life experiences makes me also understand that they’ve been through a lot and hardworking for life. I live with my parents now and enjoy the moments with them." The man who loves his family has always exuded a different kind of affinity charm, although Park Seo-jun insists that he is not a male god but there is no denying that he has successfully captured fans and became synonymous with female’s ideal boyfriend.  "When I was interviewed before, I also felt that which part of me was most attractive to me. I always find this question difficult to answer. No matter in daily life or acting, I always deal with it with a frank and straightforward attitude. This may be what attracts me.  I also attach great importance to the relationship with my friends. Even if I am familiar, I will be cautious in my words and deeds, reminding myself not to say anything that hurts others." Treating others with sincerity is the motto of Park Seo-jun in life.  Wonderful is the dream he has always pursued and persisted in.  "Back then, I had a strong interest in acting, so I decided to enter the industry. I am very grateful for being able to do what I like for so many years. I cleaned and cooked early. During this period of life, I learned to slow down and reorganize my life.  Re-pace, learning to focus on doing one thing in a day, can be regarded as setting small goals for yourself every day." Park Seo-jun added that the most unaccustomed part is the inability to shoot in other places and communicate with fans.  "I like traveling very much. I have basically never taken a plane this year. I really miss the feeling of traveling. What I hope most now, of course, is that the pandemic will end soon, everyone is in good health, but we are still facing too many unknowns.  I don’t have any specific plans myself, so I learn to grasp the present and try to explore new fields in different careers and life.” Before witnessing the prosperous period of the Korean film industry, I also started filming on the YouTube channel, to some extent in return for the future full of unknowns, Park Seo-jun has learned to look at it with an ordinary heart.  He is currently preparing for the new film "Dream", in which he plays a football player who is facing the most serious career crisis due to fines and is arranged to train a football team composed of homeless people. The process is both inspirational and full of youthful blood.  The film was created by the director of the box office hit "Extreme Job", and Park Seo Jun, as a member of the Korean film industry, has also witnessed the strength of Korean films in recent years.  "In recent years, Korean dramas and films have become more and more influential in the world, and I feel very honored. For example, two years ago, I participated in the "Parasite" directed by Bong Joon Ho. Although I had a very small role, he was already very influential at the time. I highly regard director Bong Joon Ho, so it’s hard not to be able to perform for him. For me, it’s a certainty to take up the role once he invited me to join the film. It doesn’t matter how much the size of the role is. I'm also proud to see Korean movies shine in the world of cinema. Although I am not playing a pivotal role in the Korean film industry, I also hope that I will try my best to be a good artist, continue to improve my acting skills, and be ready at all times.   A lot of people have supported me over the years, and I also hope that I can become a positive influencer.  It doesn’t matter how many people like me, as long as I can exert a positive influence on them.“

South Korean film and television industry is booming, we believe that Park Seo-jun will continue to shine in the performing arts world and become a name engraved in the hearts of the audience.

Mystery pic finally revealed

Spoiler

spacer.png

Credit:

VOGUE MAN HONG KONG / APRIL 2021

https://www.voguehk.com/zh/article/vogue-man/april-cover-2021-park-seo-jun/

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/vogue-man-hong-kong-debut-parasite-star-park-seo-joon-1234789201/

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

@ivanovie25 no worries, enjoy. I tried my best translating the interview, the translator app sometimes was just not making sense. I had to use multiple translator apps to figure out some of the missing context. Apologize in advance if the translations are not accurate. Yeah, the interview is pretty long ...he is the cover star so more coverage I guess, but it’s pretty interesting to read once you get some time. He consistently says the same things when encountered with previously asked questions. He has answered new questions really well esp. ones regarding life during pandemic, his upcoming work and his future plans. Obviously he speaks with a clear heart and a lot of honesty. :heart:

@serenilmauve LOL, some of the poses are pretty acrobatic aren’t they? He pulled off the different outfits and looks amazingly well. I hope the luxury brands he wore, will repost some of these photos on their insta accounts. The clothes will sell out for sure, it will be their loss if they don’t make use of his stunning model looks. All the more important in the wake of Anti-Asian violence that they embrace and display more Asian inclusion in their social media portfolio.

Spoiler

Answering my own question, I just checked the Vogue Korea archives and PSJ/Hyunshik had a special pictorial in the Dec 2016 edition under the aptly named title “It’s raining men” :lol: They were not cover models though, the pictorial looks super hot regardless.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Jeomju1216 Thks a lot for the translation. :highonflowers: 

I love reading it and Seo Jun is very consistent person. His answers never change for some parts. It means he really talks with his heart. This Vogue Man is really masterpiece. :heart3: His poses and the branded outfits. He looks like pro model somehow. It is so artistic. As you said they should take this chance to sell it well, right?

Seo Jun really can pull off all the poses and his eyes... Melted. :heart: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

One of Awesome Ent posts - Vogue Man behind scenes, his sexy eyes :bashful:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Center of the Korean Wave" Park Seo-joon, decorated the cover of the first issue of'Vogue Man Hong Kong'

On the afternoon of the 30th March, the agency Awesome E&T said, "Park Seo-jun decorated the cover of the first issue of fashion magazine'Vogue Man Hong Kong'" and released a sensational pictorial.

Park Seo-joon created a new mood pictorial with the coexistence of unique charm and sophistication. The cover image overwhelms the eye with a classic yet unrivaled aura. In another pictorial released together, he perfectly digested the outfit with a subtle pattern, and his sensuous expressions and gestures emit a strong presence through the black-and-white pictorial. 

Netizens who have seen the pictorial are showing hot reactions such as “There is no concept that does not match”, “The sense overflows in the pictorial”, “Working visual”, and “Park Seo-jun's beauty peak season”. 

Park Seo-joon, who is expanding his influence from domestic to overseas, has been selected as a model for SK Magic Malaysia following the Philippines telecommunications company'SMART' and Indonesian online commerce platform'Blibli', and continues to receive hot love calls from overseas advertising. In addition, it is said that even now, one year after the end of JTBC's'Itaewon Class', various countries such as Japan, Indonesia, and Italy are requesting interviews to express their interest in Park Seo-joon. 

Park Seo-joon is currently meeting with viewers on tvN'Yoon Stay', and has announced the news of appearing in two movies,'Dream’ (tentative title) and'Concrete Utopia’ (tentative title). Expectations are raised in the future of Park Seo-jun, who is active in various fields such as movies, dramas and entertainment. 

Ref: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003415815

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Omo..reading the Naver article, i'm soooo proud of him :criesariver:is it the right emoticon? lol! 

@Jeomju1216 agree he's consistent with his answers thus it shows honesty :wub:

I hope he gets a love call too from hollywood or Director Bong, the one who can bring him to hollywood :)

I don't want to wish him his soulmate yet, he's still young..lol! let him decorate his own room and house with his mom and dad and bro..lol! :tounge_wink:

• Like 6

@Gisell Gisell I don't know chinese xD Thankfully @Jeomju1216 did the effort for us

@Jeomju1216 Thanks for sharing the interview. Regardless of some repetitive questions and answers, i always enjoy reading his insightful interviews to get to know him deeper. 

I think it still makes sense though despite using translator app. Thanks for your effort :)

About Vogue Korea, yeah he's never been their cover model for them. Besides the one with PHS, he featured in Vogue Korea in 2014.

www.vogue.co.kr/2014/03/05/보그가-선정한-2014년의-프레시맨/

A lot of articles regarding the Vogue Man Hongkong on Naver, but the title i like the most is "Park Seojun Youn Stay's Sous Chef --> Pictorial Master". New nickname has been added lol

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Gisell Gisell I don't know chinese xD Thankfully @Jeomju1216 did the effort for us

@Jeomju1216 Thanks for sharing the interview. Regardless of some repetitive questions and answers, i always enjoy reading his insightful interviews to get to know him deeper. 

I think it still makes sense though despite using translator app. Thanks for your effort :)

About Vogue Korea, yeah he's never been their cover model for them. Besides the one with PHS, he featured in Vogue Korea in 2014.

www.vogue.co.kr/2014/03/05/보그가-선정한-2014년의-프레시맨/

A lot of articles regarding the Vogue Man Hongkong on Naver, but the title i like the most is "Park Seojun Youn Stay's Sous Chef --> Pictorial Master". New nickname has been added lol

Ahhh..Can you share the articles then? Just want to read it even though using translation. Lol. 

I think Seo Jun has many nicknames now. :sweet:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

What article do you mean? The ones on naver? 

Yes, dear. :foryou:

And thks for this: www.vogue.co.kr/2014/03/05/보그가-선정한-2014년의-프레시맨/ .  It is my first time reading it. 

Edited by Gisell Gisell
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Gisell Gisell said:

Yes, dear. 

Oh, despite the different article titles from each news outlet, basically they are saying about the exact same thing as @Jeomju1216 has posted above :joy:

But if you're curious, i'll share some ^_^

• Like 4
  • Love 1