Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Lol! That PCT is hillarious! :D Thank you for clarifying @Anjalifairy :) when i read the sub, i googled it and was surprised lol! I knew there must have been some lost in translation there..like no way he would say something ehm not common so casually..:lol:

Yeayy! Episode 12! Besides his birthday, I wanna know what happened to yumi's finger..well, when did it happen to be exact..

He looks really thin in that wwf campaign..talking about wwf, his favorite actor, Leonardo Dicaprio is also an active supporter for wwf right? I guess he's following his step :)

I hope K2 brings Suzy out too with Seo Jun :)

• Like 7

Park Seo Joon joins the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in encouraging everyone to take part in Earth Hour!

The WWF and its partners launched Earth Hour in Sydney in 2007 as a symbolic lights-out event to draw attention to the severity of the climate crisis. Earth Hour is held every year on the last Saturday of March, and it encourages people all around the globe to switch off their lights for an hour to show support for the planet. It’s now the largest nature conservation campaign in the world, with over 18,000 landmarks in 7,000 cities in 190 countries taking part.

WWF has now shared a new video starring Park Seo Joon, titled “Time Off for Me and the Earth.” In the clip, Park Seo Joon practices sustainable living, doing things like carrying groceries home in a reusable bag and drinking from a mug instead of a single-use cup. When the clock hits 8:30, he joins millions around the world by turning off the lights to take part in Earth Hour.

“The future of the Earth is in our hands,” Park Seo Joon says. “An hour for the Earth, an hour for you.”

Earth Hour takes place this year on March 27 at 8:30 p.m local time.

Park Seo Joon was appointed an honorary ambassador for the WWF in 2017. As part of his work with the organization, he also took part in the Re:Textile campaign last year by lending his voice to videos promoting sustainable fashion.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@Gisell Gisell Oops my bad.. I have edited it by putting up the correct link. Thanks for pointing that out :kiss_wink:

@Gisell Gisell @Jeomju1216 @ivanovie25 In fact, that's not completely wrong. Slang wise, the PCT is the actual meaning of the word. However it's a non-sexual context that Seojun said and he didn't say it in vulgar manner as well, so i think the translator should've done a safer wording. Instead of PCT, they can use something like "moment of clarity" or "moment of guilt", maybe? :D

I think it's in 2019 when i saw Seojun attending the Earth Hour countdown event, i started paying attention to this campaign (sorry for my lack of awareness about it the previous years). I mean i knew but i didn't participate :crazy:

On a friendly note, let's not miss out this year's Earth Our too, my fellow jeomju :blush:

• Like 7

@Anjalifairy You’re absolutely right, the translator could have gone with a better choice of words. In modern conversation there are so many words or phrases that have multi-purpose... the context is more important than the true translation. In general, the translation quality was not that great on track#35...for e.g. there are places where  SJ said tteokgalbi but the translation says tteokboki. Given that his videos have a wide reach, they should be more careful and accurate with the translations. I’m sure they don’t want unnecessary controversies from things PSJ didn’t even intend in the first place.

Awesome ent - please recruit a professional translator!

Earth hour is a great initiative, it will be amazing if all of us can participate and contribute towards the conservation of our planet. 

@aulialanniputri Handsome for sure :blush: I really like the one in the back of the truck, he looks super cool.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jeomju1216 said:

@Anjalifairy You’re absolutely right, the translator could have gone with a better choice of words. In modern conversation there are so many words or phrases that have multi-purpose... the context is more important than the true translation. In general, the translation quality was not that great on track#35...for e.g. there are places where  SJ said tteokgalbi but the translation says tteokboki. Given that his videos have a wide reach, they should be more careful and accurate with the translations. I’m sure they don’t want unnecessary controversies from things PSJ didn’t even intend in the first place.

Awesome ent - please recruit a professional translator!

Earth hour is a great initiative, it will be amazing if all of us can participate and contribute towards the conservation of our planet. 

@aulialanniputri Handsome for sure :blush: I really like the one in the back of the truck, he looks super cool.

You get the point. I hope people will not judge our Seo Jun because of that. It is the translator problem and not him.

@Anjalifairy Ah..thanks for the post. I miss to see Wooga Squad photos. When they will post it as PHS is back already. And I never pay attention to Earth Hour at all but I will from now on because of Seo Jun. 

@aulialanniputri Our super duper handsome man. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:heart2beat:<-- this emoji is me right now seeing Seojun breathtaking visual in Dazed. Kuddos to CK, photographer, styling team, and green Jeju grass for the perfection 

download-1.gif

@Jeomju1216 Really? Again i didn't notice about the tteokgalbi - teokpokki mistranslations lol. We seriously have some issues with Record Park's production team, huh?

@Gisell Gisell Lol we stan a good influencer indeed :lol:

@serenilmauve From what i read, it's like a writing contest about Essa and they prepare Essa fabric premium sofa for the winners. Ah.. I wish it's another live streaming event too :Fist1:

• Like 4