Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

@ivanovie25 :omg: so handsome!
Must be nice for Indonesians to hear him speaking their native language;) Why they made him speak korean only :tears:

@The.Lannister Nice to see you here, welcome;)) Stay with us? :D
P.S. I’m kinda like an annoying parrot with this rule, but we have 20 characters rule on soompi;)))) Your replay is a bit short :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@ivanovie25 :omg: so handsome!
Must be nice for Indonesians to hear him speaking their native language;) Why they made him speak korean only :tears:

@The.Lannister Nice to see you here, welcome;)) Stay with us? :D
P.S. I’m kinda like an annoying parrot with this rule, but we have 20 characters rule on soompi;)))) Your replay is a bit short :P

Probably in the the full version he'd say a bit? He did say indonesian/malay in SK magic ads :)

@The.Lannister hi..welcome :blush:

• Like 7

@ivanovie25 Thanks for the welcome!

@serenilmauve haha oops sorry I wasn't aware of that rule :sweat_smile: usually I am a silent reader roaming across various threads but PSJ can make anyone drool over him more actively :heart: 

Can someone tell me where can I watch the 10th year anniversary video of his with eng subs?? Or is there at least some translation of it available for reading?

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

@ivanovie25 Thanks for the welcome!

@serenilmauve haha oops sorry I wasn't aware of that rule :sweat_smile: usually I am a silent reader roaming across various threads but PSJ can make anyone drool over him more actively :heart: 

Can someone tell me where can I watch the 10th year anniversary video of his with eng subs?? Or is there at least some translation of it available for reading?

Sadly, they didn’t provide us Eng.Subs and every attempt to put them on resulted in blocking of the video;( Probably because it’s copyrighted by KakaoTV

@Anjalifairy very kindly provided us translation for Seo Jun in his 20 vs 30’s segment of his fan meeting;)

You can read it here;))

Awww, we would love to see your drool with us over him more frequently:D:P:happydance:

• Like 7

@serenilmauveThanks for the link to the translation.

@Anjalifairy Thank you so much for translating the IV. 

He has such a great sense of humour. I couldnt stop grinning ear to ear while reading through :D He sure has put in a lot of effort what with learning so many things in his 20s and here I am half dead after office :P As a fan I feel so happy seeing his journey and all that he has accomplished:wub: 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

@Dreamtocome Here’s the machine translated of that MR promotion time article, please note translations may contain some inaccuracies.

Spoiler

Park Seo-joon's unique bright feeling goes well with romantic comedies or works about youth . Is that the reason why you chose < Youth Police > ?

Of course, there are some parts of that. But the main reason was the feeling that it could be really fun to shoot. There really aren't many works like this. The screenplay itself was interesting, and I thought it might be the best role for young actors to play. It's also one of the most unscripted works I've ever done. In the field, I think there were more times when I moved according to my instincts than I thought.

There seemed to be a lot of physically demanding and dangerous gods . Did you say that it was more difficult because it was filming in the middle of winter ?

Most of the action was done by myself and actor Kang Ha-neul without a double, but the more you do it, the more you get used to it, and you get used to it quickly. There is also the virtue that we are not physically fit. (Laughs) I think it is better for the actors to do the action themselves if possible. I tend to do it with greed because if I use a double, only the bust will appear on the screen. There were minor injuries, but fortunately there were no major injuries.

It must have been a really fun filming with actor Kang Ha-neul . That breath seems to be fully revealed in the movie .

Although I am one year older than actor Kang Ha-neul, I have to act as a friend on set anyway, so I don't think that's important. Of course, if the other person behaves outside of common sense, I will not be able to deal with them comfortably. However, Haneul was a good conversationalist. The code was fine. There are a lot of funny situations in the movie, so I think we often had to giggle. I laughed a lot while filming.

In which scene did you laugh a lot ?

I'll ask the other way around. In what scene did you laugh? (laughs)

In almost every scene where the two of them are together .

Ok. In scenes that are funny to the audience, you can say that we all laughed too. There were a lot of ad-libs, but it was funny and there were a lot of NGs. There were many times when I burst out laughing after I finished filming. A staff member who was holding the boom mic sometimes shook his arm from laughing?

From reading the script, did you have a foreboding that such an interesting situation would be produced ?

When I first read the screenplay, I thought it was not written by a Korean. It's kind of like a foreigner's gag wearing a Korean mask. I thought it was very fresh, but in fact, director Kim Joo-hwan lived abroad for a long time. I think that sentiment was fully reflected in the film.

Recently drama  < retort  My Way > of (KBS2)  Dongguan and  < Youth Police > standard  the two characters I liked both playful and you write the body What is the difference ?

Dongman is a friend who has experienced failure once. So, I thought about how I felt when I was preparing for a new leap forward and how I could give Ae-ra (Kim Ji-won) a friend or lover. Ki-joon is a character who is just facing difficulties. Of course, he has a similar personality to Dong-man, and since they are all characters I play, they may seem overlapping. However, the situation itself is completely different, so I thought that if I focused on that setting, I would get a different performance. Rather than deliberately trying to show a certain singularity, I think it helps acting to focus on the situation itself.

I think there are a lot of points of contact between Park Seo-joon's real appearance and his character, whether it's because of his delicious acting in the two works . Are there any obvious similarities with Dong Man or Ki Ki Won ?

I'm also emotional. As an actor, I sometimes think that I have to be sensitive, and I tend to take small things seriously when others see them. However, Ki-joon and Dong-man are frankly fictitious characters, and since I live in reality, there are many moments when reason has to take precedence over emotion. Too many eyes are watching you to show your emotions. There are times when I am afraid to express everything honestly.

@serenilmauve

@ivanovie25 @Gisell Gisell if you haven’t read it already @Anjalifairy please feel free to correct any translation inaccuracies.

Spoiler

At what moment do you feel that fear ?

I felt that even if I spoke with good intentions, the intention could be bad depending on how the other person took it. So, you have to be careful with your choice of words. Or, even when we first met, there are people who see me in a movie or a drama and anticipate the reaction of ‘Park Seo-joon will be like this’. Maybe it's because I remember it as an image in the work, so sometimes I'm rude to the point of thinking, 'Why are you doing this?' on the road.

If this happens repeatedly, there may be more moments when you treat people defensively .

But not everyone is like that. Sometimes I hate myself for being defensive to people who aren't. Nevertheless, the moments that remain strong in my memory are shocking things, so I am not that kind of person, so it is very difficult to act. If I take a shy and defensive posture, I will hear bad noises from behind again. But just as I can't like everyone, so can other people. Instead of trying to understand everyone, I want to work harder to satisfy those who understand me.

I guess it's something I didn't think about when I first entered the acting career .

I thought that an actor should act well and show it as a character. I'm a little afraid to appear on variety shows because I'm afraid that if I show a lot of my true self, more people will not be able to empathize with the character. I thought that celebrities and actors are very different. Celebrities are people who have a lot of exposure to the public, and I thought it was natural for actors to be evaluated for their performances. But gradually I started to think that that might not be the case.

As you become famous, have you become more and more conscious of others, and  withdrawn from acting ?

That doesn't mean I want to act consciously. I think that acting to look like a good person on purpose or showing me wrapped up is something that will come off someday. If you live like that, you will feel like you are on a tightrope and you will be in danger. It's better to show me the way I am. I want to show my sincerity at an interview like this or a fan meeting where I can reveal myself. If you see me and feel that I am a good person, I will support you. Of course, I have no intention of causing any legal trouble. If you drink alcohol, surrogate driving is essential. (Laughs)

Spoiler

Park Seo-joon nickname of the actress ' Rocco Artisan ' s . It was especially popular in the romantic comedy genre . Why is the public so enthusiastic about Park Seo-joon's melodramatic acting ?

I think melodrama, like any other acting, is breathing. No matter how much I look into my eyes, it's of no use if it doesn't match with the other person. Actors have to trust each other and tell the real story. That way we can breathe, the scene lives, and the work lives. Recently, <Fight for My Way> ended, but when you go home, your parents still watch the reruns. Then, as soon as I think of it, I go back to the clip, and it makes me laugh and my heart aches because I remember the time I was filming. That's probably because I valued those times. If the actors don't get along so well, the melody will never survive.

It's acting, but the process is probably similar to actually dating .

Actually, my ideal type is someone I can communicate well with. To be honest, when I was young, I had standards for my appearance, but as I get older, I think more about it. Before, I expressed my feelings right away when I saw someone I liked, but now I want to leave it for a long time. The more you watch and talk, the better you will get to know the other person. I think it's because I don't want to be in an instant romance. Oh, I have a wish that it would be nice to have a pretty smile. (Laughs)

< Youth Police > in the press premiere of " likely to be tried without undue image transformation as an actor ," and I impressed it said . Aren't you afraid to be trapped in one image ?

So far, when choosing a work, I picked characters who live in the same time period as the one I was living in. So, I was worried that everyone would feel the same from the point of view of the viewer. It meant that I was able to shake off the personal acting burden that came from that, and I think a change in roles must be unconditional. It's a bit odd to have an image that comes to mind when you think of 'Park Seo-joon'. An actor has to express a lot of situations, but I feel like I'm stuck in one place. I am always open to any role as long as the story is good.

Would it be okay if it was a small role ?

It is often said that 'there are no small roles', but in fact, the more weights, the better. Because the more you shoot, the more fun it is. However, if there is a work that is really meaningful, I am willing to appear as much as I want, even if the proportion is small. I don't want to get hung up on the size of the role.

I think you have a talent for choosing works that fit you well . Do you take a lot of advice from people around you ?

It was all luck. It is the agency's job to recommend works, but the selection is unconditionally mine. If you appear on a recommendation and the results are not good, you may end up blaming others for nothing. If it is my choice, regardless of the result, I will be satisfied as much as I did my best. Also, it's not a style that I can do just because someone told me to do it. You have to think a lot about whether you can handle it yourself.

What do you think is the most important thing for actor Park Seo-joon to act ?

So far, I haven't started any work because I thought it would go well. I did it because I thought I could do well, and I thought it would be fun to participate. Of course, there is stress that comes from the process, but I think that it is also a positive stress and accept it. I do what I want to do, and above all else, it should be fun. (Laughs)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@The.Lannister :heythere:Welcome.. Please stay with us longer :D

It's a bit weird for me that here is a bit quieter today compared to our other place :joy:

Thanks for showing up today Seojun. Your present really brightens up my day today. And you look stunning as usual even in that simple outfit :heart:

Btw @serenilmauve i just tracked backward a few pages, are we still deciding which pic should be eliminated? :lol:

• Like 5