Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/06/15/park-seo-joon-reported-to-join-marvel-universe-but-nothing-confirmed/?sh=6b7241b44f22

Park Seo-Joon Reported To Join Marvel Universe But Nothing Confirmed

Several international news outlets have reported that popular Korean actor Park Seo-Joon may soon be joining the Marvel Universe, but there has been no confirmation from his agency or Marvel representatives. Nor has the mainstream Korean media reported as much. 

According to the stories currently circulating, Park is up for a role in the Captain Marvel sequel titled, The Marvels, which is set to be released on November 11, 2022. The film will be directed by Nia DeCosta and star Brie Larson as Carol Danvers. 

Park’s agency, Awesome ENT, has not confirmed the rumors or even that the actor was considered for a part in the film. If Park does join the cast, he will be the third Korean actor to appear in Marvel Universe films. The other Korean actors were Claudia Kim, who appeared in Avengers: Age Of Ultronand Ma Dong-seok aka Don Lee, who appeared in The Eternals.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/the-marvels-park-seo-joon-cast-captain-marvel-2/

The Marvels Reportedly Adding Park Seo Joon to Cast

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is packed at the moment as it is preparing to unleash a flood of content. Right now, Loki has taken to the small screen with his Disney+ series, and Black Widow will come after him soon with her solo film. From Eternals to Spider-Man: No Way Home, there is a lot happening with Marvel Studios right now, and it seems Park Seo-joon is about to join the fun. 

Recently, a popular South Korean media outlet broke a story regarding the A-list actor regarding the MCU. Star News says it has learned Park will be part of The Marvels, the sequel to Captain Marvel led by Brie Larson. The publication says Park was given an offer to star in The Marvels and will travel to the United States "later this year" for work.

This update is an exciting one for fans of Korean dramas as Park is one of South Korea's most popular actors. The star is currently finishing work on Concrete Utopia but has starred in a slew of hits to date. Some of his most notable work includes She Was Pretty, Fight for My Way, Itaewon Class, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, and more. 

As for The Marvels, fans know little about the MCU entry at this point save for its release date. The movie is slated to debut in November 2022, so the clock is ticking on filming to begin. Fans know Larson will return to lead the movie, and Marvel Studios' head Kevin Feige has promised to bring Ms. Marvel to the big screen as well. The sequel will likely involve Iman Vellani as the actress will play Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel TV series. There is no word on who Park will. play in this film, but fans are simply happy to hear he is involved with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He joins other South Korean talents who've joined the franchise like Ma Dong-seok (Eterrnals) and Kim Soo-hyun (Avengers: Age of Ultron).

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Jeomju1216 said:

Seo Jun got beaten a lot in his early dramas… I can’t :joy: I was randomly watching ‘Pots of gold’ clips and my my it’s a lot of trashings to take from his drama mom, dad, brothers…the beatings don’t seem to stop, poor thing… 

OMOO i really love Park Hyun Tae.. ♥ 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/park-seo-joon-the-marvels-brie-larson-b1866120.html

Korean actor Park Seo Joon to join Brie Larson in Captain Marvel 2 leaving fans overjoyed

Seo Joon will be the third Korean actor to star in an MCU movie

Korean actor Park Seo Joon has been offered a role alongside Brie Larson in the forthcoming Captain Marvel sequel.

According to Korean news outlet Soompi, the 32-year-old actor’s casting was first reported by industry agents. However, the actor’s agency is yet to confirm the news.

If it is confirmed, the What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim actor will be the third Korean actor to star in an MCU movie following Claudia Kim in Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ma Dong Seok in Eternals.

The report also states that the actor will head to the US in the second half of 2021 to start shooting the film, which is titled The Marvels.

Seo Joon’s fans are overjoyed by the news. One person wrote on Twitter: “#ParkSeoJoon’s Hollywood debut in Marvel project gosh this is not a drill, this is insane! YOU GO, MAN.”

“Please I’m crying, park seo joon is gonna be in the mcu, IM NOT READY,” wrote another fan.

Another excited fan wrote: “PARK SEO JOON IS GETTING CASTED IN THE MARVELS/ CAPTAIN MARVEL 2!!!! HE’S JOINING THE MCU!!! OH MY GOD!! I’M SO PROUD!!”

Other actors confirmed to star in the film are Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau, and Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan. It will be directed by Nia DaCosta.

Parris first joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the adult Monica Rambeau in the Disney+ series WandaVision, and Vellani portrays Ms Marvel in the forthcoming TV show of the same name.

The film is currently scheduled for release on 11 November 2022. It will be part of the MCU’s Phase Four, after the Infinity Saga (which included Phases One, Two, and Three), concluded in 2019.

Seo Joon is best known for his roles in OscarAward-winning film Parasiteand Korean dramas like Hwarang, Itaewon Class, Fight For My Way andShe Was Pretty.

He is currently filming for a Korean disaster movie called Concrete Utopia.

• Like 4

More American and international news outlets breaking news on PSJ’s MCU induction as the day begins in those time zones… :glasses: :grin: He’s getting so much international press :ilike:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/rumor-south-korean-actor-park-seo-joon-joins-cast-of-the-marvels/

RUMOR: SOUTH KOREAN ACTOR PARK SEO-JOON JOINS CAST OF ‘THE MARVELS’

It looks like Marvel is adding another talented Korean actor to its ranks. According to reports from Korean outlets, dramatic actor Park Seo-Joon will film a role in Nia DiCosta’s The Marvels later this year. The report specifies that Seo-Joon will depart for the United States during the second half of 2021, following the completion of filming for his webtoon adaptation Concrete Utopia. Supposing the rumor is true, Seo-Joon will become the second South Korean star to join the MCU. Ma Dong Seok will appear as Gilgamesh in Chloe Zhao’s Eternals.

When asked to comment on the report, the actor’s agency Awesome ENT gave a short, simple, and suspicious response: “NO COMMENT”

The Seoul actor is known for his roles in dramas and thrillers. He found initial success with appearances in 2015’s Kill Me, Heal Me, and The Chronicles of Evil, before rising to stardom with leading roles in 2017’s Midnight Runners and tvN’s romantic comedy series What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim. It’s unknown what role he could be taking in The Marvels, but he joins a cast that includes Zawe Ashton, Iman Vellani, Teyonah Parris, and Brie Larson.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

All, definitely all… I had like 9 stages of PSJ emotions today;))

Same here :joy: I’m yet to calm down…

Social media and news outlets are on fire with his MCU casting, oh my this is incredible !!:yay: Of course he’s a big deal…peeps who are new to PSJ’s world stoked that he has more followers than Brie Larson and Chris Evans combined  :joy:

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/park-seo-joon-to-star-in-captain-marvel-2/

Park Seo Joon To Star In Captain Marvel 2?

It’s being reported that the South Korean actor, Park Seo Joon is due to film scenes for the upcoming Captain Marvel 2 (The Marvels).

This report comes to us via Entertain Naver – a South Korean website.

There’s no news on which Marvel character Park Seo Joon is set to play in the MCU.

However, the up-and-coming actor has already shown how talented he is in movies such as Chronicles of Evil (2015), Midnight Runners (2017), and The Divine Fury (2019).

It’s safe to say that the actor is a pretty big deal in Asia and is all set to break into Hollywood with a role in the upcoming Marvel movie.

Park Seo Joon’s representatives declined to comment on this story.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@Jeomju1216 I think sometimes people  forget how big is Asia and how many people enjoy Asian entertainment content lol 

Also I noticed Wiki page for The Marvels says “it was expected to begin on May 31”, not that it began May 31. Correct me, since I’m not(!) fluent English speaker, but does it mean, that it didn’t yet start, because they missed the date? Or it’s something I misinterpreted grammatically?

• Like 5

@serenilmauve So true, Asian entertainment market size is huge… it’s also home to the most young people population in the world…their major target audience is right there… ignorance is bliss in their minds, what else can I say :lol:

From what I’ve read the filming has not yet started, to begin soon is my understanding…

• Like 5

This is not marvel related..but it's so funny. I don't know if it has been posted here. He's literally everywhere......in the supermarket lol!

And i just came from reading the comments on some international news accounts, glad that they're discussing the possibility of his role instead of throwing rejection :kiss_wink:

@serenilmauve @backstreetboysfan me too..all 9 of them lol! And i haven't done with this wave of emotions..:sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

8 minutes ago, ivanovie25 said:

And i just came from reading the comments on some international news accounts, glad that they're discussing the possibility of his role instead of throwing rejection :kiss_wink:

Awww, that’s sweet and a relief :heart:

What was the little girl calling him every time she spotted him in the supermarket ? I didn’t quite get that..but so adorable :love:

What show is it? Does anyone know?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

She is calling him “prince” :lol:

Awww, so cute… I kept hearing something wang wang but I wasn’t sure what she was trying to say… it’s really adorable :love:

That WWWSK gif though :joy: he knows how awesome he is, the cutest pretentious VP :wow1:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yes, as long as you have kakao talk. If you want to join, feel free to reach me. I'll try my best to assist if you need help ^_^

@Anjalifairy i've tried once to join using my kakao talk account. and then, they ask me to verification my celular number. there are only some local providers to choose. so i'm stuck and give up easily. lol.. :sweatingbullets:

and yeah, i just ordered W Korea. i choose cover A..:gangnamstyle:

• Like 5

Marvel finds Park Seo Jun

As for whether or not it’s legit, since it hasn’t been reported by any of the Hollywood trades yet, when Korean outlets asked his agency, the response was “No comment”. In my experience, this is unusual where Korean media is concerned. Typically, when actor’s representatives in South Korean are asked about casting reports, their agencies give more detail than what usually happens in North America and they more often than not confirm that “X has received an offer and is considering it”. The fact that they’re not commenting at all says to me that the Marvel Secrecy Enforcers are all over it and will announce in their own time. 

Source: https://www.laineygossip.com/south-korean-actor-park-seo-jun-cast-in-captain-marvel-sequel-the-marvels/68820/amp 

@serenilmauve this one is for you - principal photography not yet started as per this article.

While we’re still a ways off from The Marvels beginning principal photography, the casting process is well underway, and the project’s second new star has reportedly been found.

Source: https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/2569021/looks-like-the-marvels-found-second-new-star-park-seo-joon-brie-larson 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aulialanniputri said:

i've tried once to join using my kakao talk account. and then, they ask me to verification my celular number. there are only some local providers to choose.

Same here, encountered the same issue..:flushed:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1