Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** The production team for tvN’s new variety show Jinny’s Kitchen held a production presentation this morning. The event was attended by producer Na Young Seok, Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yumi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik and Go Min Si. During the presscon, Producer Na Young Seok revealed why he asked Go Min Si to join the new season. He explained, “There was one intern position available. We thought a lot about who to fill it with and searched among rising young actors. Min Si is a great actress who is building her career thoughtfully. We found out that she had done various jobs before acting, including working in a company. Although the restaurant may not seem like much to others, it has a very tight organization. We wanted someone who could adapt and show their abilities, so we decided to invite Min Si to join us. She happily agreed, and we started working together.” Go Min Si shared her thoughts, saying, “At first, I wondered, ‘Why me?’ I was so surprised. After a meeting and some discussion, I said, ‘Thank you so much. I’d love to do it.’ I’m really nervous and excited. I’m honored to have this precious experience. I worked with sincerity, wanting to help as the youngest intern and be a good assistant. From the first meeting with the producer to learning how to cook to going to Iceland, there were so many amazing moments that it still feels unreal. I also saw the video message that V left for me, and I hope he will watch over me. I also look forward to meeting him soon.” Lee Seo Jin praised Go Min Si, saying, “Min Si has excelled as the best intern. I think she could easily run a food truck on her own and even do well running her own restaurant with Woo Shik.” 

Park Seo Joon is back for another season of Jinny’s Kitchen and is ready to take on any cooking challenge that comes his way. When asked about his competitors, Park Seo Joon jokingly said, “We’re all complete amateurs. But if we’re talking about competitors, I think it’s my younger self from the previous season.” Park Seo Joon explained that the physical demands of the show were much tougher this time around, making him realize that he’s not as young as he used to be. “The next season will be in 1-2 years,” he said, “and this time I definitely felt the physical grind. I used to be fine the next day, but this time I wondered why it was so hard. So I think my younger self is my competitor.”  Jinny’s Kitchen 2 will premiere on June 28th at 8:40 PM. KST.   :Fist1:

AKR20240628067900005_04_i_P4.jpg

2024062801002183300299971.jpg

source : https://m.sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2024-06-28/202406280100218330029997

7 must-watch Korean action comedy movies that are simply irresistible for your adrenaline fix: Seoul Vibe, Midnight Runners and more

If you are looking for some Korean action comedy movies that will give you an adrenaline rush with perfect humor, then check out the top 7 list here!

1569312111_seoul-vibe-midnight-runners.j

For years, Korean cinema has enjoyed a global following, particularly in genres like action, thriller, rom-com, and horror.

Amidst these thriving genres, South Korea arguably excels in one: action comedy.

South Korean action comedy movies consistently deliver entertainment gold, offering hilarious and thrilling gems over the past two decades. They cater to diverse tastes, blending tasteful comedy with gripping action or presenting slapstick humor disguised as action-packed films. 

2. Midnight Runners

• Cast: Park Seo Joon, Kang Ha Neul, Park Ha Sun and more
  • IMDB Rating: 7.3
  • Release year: 2017
  • Genre: Action Comedy

Midnight Runners has quickly become a modern classic for its unique comedic style. Starring Park Seo Joon and Kang Ha Neul, the film follows two police recruits who stumble upon a kidnapping during a night out. Despite their awkward innocence, the duo embarks on an investigation that uncovers larger conspiracies.

The film engages with its compelling plot, enriched by well-developed characters and their dynamic chemistry, blending humor with emotional points. Midnight Runners also offers intense action alongside heartfelt moments, showcasing its brilliance in seamlessly integrating these varied genre elements into a coherent and captivating story.

source : Pinkvilla

TvN 'Jinny's Kitchen 2' returns with ambitious intern Go Min-si replacing V

66fda373-d628-42bd-b806-1bf200d141b4.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

TvN’s reality show “Jinny’s Kitchen” is back for a second season, welcoming new cast member Go Min-si to replace the vacant intern position that V left after starting his mandatory military service.

2472adb2-a5d1-4ca4-8eb7-e03d568bff66.jpg

Star producer Na Young-seok's reality show "Jinny's Kitchen," a spin-off from his 2017 show, "Youn's Kitchen” starring Oscar-winning actress Youn Yuh-jung, follows a group of celebrities running a Korean restaurant abroad.

Led by actor Lee Seo-jin as the owner of the restaurant, the first season showed actors Jung Yu-mi, as the executive, Park Seo-joon, as the kitchen’s head, and two interns Choi Woo-shik and V running a Korean street food shop in a small town of Bacalar in Mexico.

The second season, which premieres Friday, will invite the members, except for V, and the new intern, Go, to Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland, to open the city’s first Korean restaurant, specializing in "gomtang" (beef bone broth soup).

The producer said he eyed Go as the newest cast member after learning about her previous work experience before becoming an actor.

“Since there’s an opening for an intern, I wanted to hire an up-and-coming young talent. Go is a great actor, but I learned she also worked as a wedding planner before making her debut. I heard she was the fastest to get a promotion, so I thought she would be a great addition to our company,” Na said during an online press conference for the show, on Friday.

“If V brought fun, wit, and showed things young professionals struggle with as they start their careers to our show, Go has shown different qualities as an intern. She showed a desire to be recognized and to achieve success in the company … We hope you enjoy the natural chemistry that arises from this dynamic.”

Go said working on the show has been a surreal experience.

“When I got the offer, I asked, ‘Why me?’ It was truly an honor to have the opportunity for such a rare experience,” she said.

“I approached it with complete sincerity. As the youngest intern, I wanted to provide a lot of support, so I did my best. From working in Iceland to returning to Korea, there were so many amazing moments. It was an unbelievable experience.”

214f9a27-9ae6-46b0-a6db-934ff81cc135.jpg

Na, who has worked with Lee on several shows, including “Three Meals a Day” (2014), said this season’s menu holds special meaning for him.

“Last season, selling street food in tropical Mexico, the crew and I talked about selling Korean-style soup in a cold country … So we searched colder countries and learned there’s no restaurant run by Koreans in Iceland. As our intention is to promote Korean cuisine abroad, we decided to open the first Korean restaurant in the capital of Iceland to serve hot soups,” he said.

“Since ‘Three Meals a Day,’ Lee liked (making) soup. You just need to boil them so it’s not hard to cook … He has a strong love for gomtang. Given that ‘Jinny’s Kitchen’ is a show named after him, we decided to choose this dish on the menu to help make his dream come true.”

Lee explained the new season will have a new system that will decide the chef each day.

“There will be other Korean dishes too. We’ve implemented a ‘Chef of the Day" system, so the members take turns running the kitchen. Since each person has their own special dish, the menu changes daily,” he said, adding he became more ambitious as he ran the restaurant.

“Initially, I didn't expect much profit and just aimed to focus on hosting the few customers well. But as so many customers came, and we reached all-time high earnings, I started to get a bit greedy. Eventually, all I could focus on was how much revenue we were making.”

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” airs Fridays at 8:40 p.m. and is available for streaming on Tving.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/06/688_377681.html

*** On June 28 during "Jinny's Kitchen 2" presscon, Park Seo Joon was seen flaunting ‘bibimbob umbrella’ while donning a head chef hat on the variety show in the new season. He also shared a video of him playing with the umbrella, which he captioned, ‘For those who crave bibimbap every Friday, ‘bibimbob umbrella’’. Jinny’s Kitchen 2 has premiered on June 28 at 8:40 PM KST on tvN  and will be available for streaming on Prime Video internationally.  

:hypehype:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8v_kiRyLhb/?hl=en&img_index=8

50645521_park-seo-joon-jinnys-kitchen-2.

• Love 1

*** tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has dropped new individual posters. “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” airs every Friday at 8:40 p.m. KST.   :heartxoxo:

jinnys-kitchen-2-03.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, And Go Min Si Are All In For "Jinny's Kitchen 2" In New Posters

20240701085158_jinnys-kitchen-2-cast.jpg

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has dropped new individual posters featuring the charms of each cast member!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that explores the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees. This time around, the second branch of the restaurant has opened its doors in cold and windy Iceland with the aim of not only warming the cold but also melting the hearts of their customers.

The newly released posters capture the confident smiles of each of the five cast members including boss Lee Seo Jin, managing directors Jung Yu Mi and Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, who recently got promoted to assistant manager, as well as new intern Go Min Si.

jinnys-kitchen-2-05.jpg

Spoiler

jinnys-kitchen-2-04.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-03.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-02.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-01.jpg

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” airs every Friday at 8:40 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

*** On June 29, Japanese media outlet Model Press announced the top 10 Korean dramas that were most loved in Japan in the first half of this year. The survey was conducted from May 17 to May 29, with a total of 7,826 responses, 89.5% of which were from women.  The Netflix original series “Gyeongseong Creature” ranked 8th.  :happyshakes:

source : https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024070111111919939&MTIS

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between May 27 and June 27.        :kaching1:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Byeon Woo Seok
  2. Chun Woo Hee
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Song Seung Heon
  5. Lee Jung Jae
  6. Kim Hye Yoon
  7. Song Geon Hee
  8. Roh Jeong Eui
  9. Son Suk Ku
  10. Wi Ha Joon
  11. Kang Dong Won
  12. Kim Hee Sun
  13. Kim Moo Yeol
  14. Ji Sung
  15. Jang Ki Yong
  16. Tang Wei
  17. Park Ji Hwan
  18. Go Youn Jung
  19. Park So Yi
  20. Jung Ryeo Won
  21. Claudia Kim
  22. Park Sang Won
  23. Lee Chae Min
  24. Gong Yoo
  25. Lee Hye Young
  26. Ryu Jun Yeol
  27. Lee Byung Hun
  28. Song Joong Ki
  29. Park Seo Joon
  30. Ha Jung Woo

source : https://www.yeongnam.com/web/view.php?key=20240628001539358

*** Hwarang is the first time I started adoring V.   :ohboy2:

6 Epic Male Leads That Made These Period K-Dramas Worth The Watch

From lovelorn princes to knights in shining armor who are ready to sacrifice themselves in the line of duty and love, period K-dramas have some epic male leads. You also have young boys on the cusp of manhood, who are skilled warriors excelling in arts and literature, but also contributing in changing the socio-cultural fabric of society. Here are the some of the most epic male leads in period K-dramas to check out.

The cast of “Hwarang

Hwarang.jpg

Imagine traveling back in time and getting to meet the awesome six flower knights of “Hwarang.” The star-studded ensemble features Park Hyung Sik as Crown Prince Sam Maek Jong, who is weighed down by the burden of royalty. He encounters the free-spirited Moo Myung (Park Seo Joon), the flirty Kim Soo Ho (SHINee’s Minho), the carefree Seok Han Sung (BTS’s V), and Park Ban Ryu (Do Ji Han) as well as Kim Yoo Weol (Jo Yoon Woo). These six young soldiers band together to form a new Silla kingdom. From boys to men, “Hwarang” is a coming-of-age story of these flower knights as they set sail on a journey of self-discovery. On the way, as they form bonds of friendships, they also discover love and learn to surmount the many challenges life throws their way. The brotherhood of these flower knights has been romanticized in popular culture as well.

“Hwarang” remains an all-time favorite amongst many fans, and there are no points for guessing why. The kinship amongst the boys is the true star of the show.

Start watching “Hwarang”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the July 5 broadcast of Jinny's Kitchen 2' recorded an average nationwide rating of 8.1%, as well as an average citywide rating of 8.4%. This is a 1.2% increase from last week's episode, which recorded an average rating of 6.9%. On this episode, the 'Jinny's Kitchen 2' became flooded with a total of 55 customers (16 teams) on their opening day. After lunch, Park Seo Joon and Go Min Si went shopping to replenish their ingredients, encountering the snow capped mountains of Iceland for the first time. Struck by the scenic view, Go Min Si remarked, "It finally feels like I'm in Iceland." During the dinner rush, Choi Woo Sik and Go Min Si worked in unison to ensure that dishes ordered by one table would be served together, rather than separately like during lunch. Seeing Choi Woo Sik struggling is so funny. Later, after serving all meals for the evening, Choi Woo Sik spotted Go Min Si prepping more kkakdugi for the next day, and commented, "Min Si, did you even drink a sip of water today?". Hearing this, Go Min Si replied, "I didn't drink any because I was afraid it might make me go to the restroom."  - hahaha - Chef Jung Yoo Mi will be taking over as the main chef of the day on next week's episode. This season is off to a great start!    :heart3:

1720242581-02.jpg

photos source : allkpop

New Drama news! :) *Maybe*

ParkSeoJoon reportedly to lead a new romance drama WaitingForKyeongdo which will be directed by KingTheLand's Lim Hyun-woo and written by Encounter's Yoo Young-ah. It's expected to broadcast on JTBC.

*** I'm happy that according to TV Daily on July 8th, Park Seo-joon is planning to make a comeback on the small screen with a new romance drama called “Waiting For Gyeongdo”.  Wahhh..... the genre is romance. After all, Park Seo-joon emerged as a “romcom king”. I hope he will once again create a sensation with this new romance drama.   :Ohboy3:

Netflix’s series “Gyeongseong Creature 2”, which he's also in the lineup, will premiere in the second half of this year. I hope by this time, we could get to know the exact schedule of release.   :kitty:

20240708094608733nzrg.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240708094606949

Park Seo Joon In Talks For New Romance Drama By

Park Seo Joon In Talks For New Romance Drama By "King The Land" Director

Park Seo Joon may be returning to the small screen soon with a new romance drama!

On July 8, TV Daily reported that Park Seo Joon is set to star in the upcoming drama “Waiting for Gyeongdo” (literal title). Reportedly, he has been offered the role of the titular male lead Gyeongdo.

In response to the report, Park Seo Joon’s agency Awesome ENT commented, “It is true that he has received an offer for the new drama ‘Waiting for Gyeongdo.’ However, it is just one of the [many] dramas he has been offered, nothing has been finalized yet.”

“Waiting for Gyeongdo” is a new romance drama directed by Lim Hyun Wook, known for his work in “King the Land,” “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency,” and “Life.” The script is written by Yoo Young Ah, who has previously penned “Thirty-Nine,” “Divorce Attorney Shin,” and more.

The drama is currently in discussions to air on JTBC.

Park Seo Joon is currently appearing on the tvN variety show “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” and is gearing up for the release of Netflix’s original series “Gyeongseong Creature 2” later this year.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1673339wpp/park-seo-joon-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama-by-king-the-land-director

*** Park Seo Joon is slated to appear as the main protagonist in "Waiting for Kyeong Do" , his character is yet to be announced. This drama will also be penned by the genius behind "Encounter."    :blush:

Park Seo Joon to Return to Small Screen With New Romantic Drama

171371_235816_1720003914.jpg

1720399439_19113734-6.jpg

Park Seo Joon is set to make his small-screen return with a romantic drama.

TV Daily reported today that Park Seo Joon will star in a new drama titled Waiting for Gyungdo (literal translation).

Waiting for Gyungdo is directed by King the Land director Im Hyun Wook, who also helmed Life and Reflection of You.

The writer is Yoo Young Ah, known for Thirty-Nine, Divorce Attorney Shin and Encounter. The drama is a romance and is currently in talks to air on JTBC.

Park Seo Joon will play the role of the male protagonist in Waiting for Gyungdo.

The star, who has risen to stardom through dramas such as She Was Pretty, Fight for My Way, and What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, is expected to create another romance syndrome with Waiting for Gyungdo.

Meanwhile, Park Seo Joon is currently appearing on the tvN variety show Jinny’s Kitchen 2 and will be starring in the second season of the Netflix original series Gyeongsung Creature in the second half of the year.

source : https://www.tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=17203994391717303002

*** Park Seo Joon has not done a romance drama in (6) years not since What's Wrong with Secretary Kim so, I highly anticipate this drama to see if he still has his romantic leading man charms. Park Seo Joon's acting in romcom is natural. I miss him in this genre. Finally, he's doing what he does best. I'm curious who will be his leading lady here.   :Ohboy3:

*** Previously, Jennie (BLACKPINK) and Park Seo Joon often had close interactions at events. They are both Chanel ambassadors and have accompanied each other to many of the company’s events. Jennie and Park Seo Joon had many close interactions. However, most recently, Jennie and Park Seo Joon seem to be avoiding each other at the Chanel event on July 3 as what was reported.  When she saw Park Seo Joon appeared, Jennie quickly stood up, turned her back on him and joined another group of friends. Park Seo Joon also did not approach Jennie. So why did the two go from being close to becoming strangers? I guess this may originate from their love stories. Over the past years, Jennie revealed a lot of evidence of dating V (BTS) – Park Seo Joon’s close friend. Meanwhile, he was dating Xooos – Jennie’s best friend before.   :winkx:

10+ Best Sexy Kiss Scenes In K-Dramas

Who said K-Drama love scenes are cringeworthy, and the leads kiss like fish? That’s a thing of the past!

K-Drama fan account @kdramasdiary on X (formerly Twitter) asked netizens what their favorite kissing scenes are. The post went viral with 2.8M views at the time of writing, as netizens shared some of the most romantic and hot kiss scenes in K-Dramas.

7. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-k-drama-kissing-scenes-netizens/