Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

13 Actors And Actresses Who Always Pick Good Roles

15f6c1e8e3754c74aed3f04522cf1f48.jpeg?s=

Don’t you just hate it when you have high expectations for a K-drama and then it ends up not being as exciting as you thought it would be? We’ve all been there, and it can be so disappointing. But then there are certain actors and actresses who pick and choose to be in amazing K-dramas that we can almost guarantee will be good. It’s definitely not the case with all of them, but the ones who are on this list have definitely proven to us time and time again that their dramas are worth the wait and the watch.

(In no particular order)

1. Park Seo Joon

Notable K-dramas: “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” “Fight My Way,” “Hwarang,” “She Was Pretty,” “Kill Me Heal Me.”

Park-Seo-Joon1.jpg

It really didn’t take much time for Park Seo Joon to shoot to stardom. His ability to draw viewers into his charm and charisma was caught early on, and it’s safe to say that almost every role that he stars in is guaranteed to be good. There was his most recent role as the arrogant CEO Lee Young Joon in “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” that really made us a believer of his acting skills, especially because it was so hard to hate his character despite his cockiness! What was even more impressive was that his previous role as the aloof and tough MMA fighter Go Dong Man in “Fight My Way” was so different. He’s been able to prove his versatility as a top actor time and time again, which makes his K-dramas a sure success.

park-seo-joon-secretary-kim.gif

Watch Park Seo Joon in “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** Park Seo Joon will be one of the  judges for the 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival.  Park Seo Joon will attend the film festival’s official press conference on September 25 to open up about his duties as one of the special judges. The 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival will take place from October 31 to November 5. :P This has been running for many years now. This is the one and only international competitive short film festival in Korea.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

September 4, 2019

Asiana film fest names special jury

04140938.jpg

Actors Park Seo-jun and Joo Bo-young have been named to the special jury for the Face In Shorts Award at the 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival, event organizers announced on Tuesday.

The Face In Shorts Award is given to the best actor in a film in competition at the film fest. Out of the two jury members, one is the last year’s winner of the award, while the other jury is usually an experienced actor who has been active in the past year. Park was praised for his role as an exorcist priest in “The Divine Fury,” which was released this July.

Joo, the winner of last year’s award, was praised last year by actors Jin Sun-kyu and Yoon Hye-ri for his role in the film “Soh.” They said that the actor “left [a] notable impression by showing off diverse aspects of the character in a short amount of time.”

The annual film festival will be held from Oct. 31 to Nov. 5 at Cine Cube and Emu Artspace in central Seoul.

By Lee Jae-lim

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 2

Kakao M To Hold Large-Scale Acting Audition With 6 Entertainment Agencies

9724a5e5f3c440b0af82aaebed138be4.jpeg?s=

Kakao M will be teaming up with various agencies to find the next Hallyu star!

On September 5, it was revealed that Kakao M will be holding the “Kakao M Actors Audition” with six management companies:

Management SOOP, BH Entertainment, Awesome ENT, E&T Story Entertainment, J,Wide-Company, and King Kong by Starship, the acting division of Starship Entertainment. This will be the first time for large management companies housing the nation’s top actors to hold a combined audition to discover new actors.

Kakao M, which is actively carrying out its original video contents business, including TV dramas and digital short-form contents, expects to establish a “strong group of actors” along with its original lineup of 130 actors by discovering potential Hallyu stars with tremendous talent through the audition. In addition, the company is planning to secure original IPs for content and continue making investments to strengthen production capabilities. Kakao M will also create synergy with its prominent actors and actresses and secure a competitive edge in its unique video content.

A source from Kakao M stated, “In addition to original super-IPs and imaginative creators, actors who breathe life into the content are also very important factors that determine the competitiveness of original content. While fully supporting our existing actors’ challenges and growth, we are actively engaged in exploring new actors with potential and continuously expanding the influence of the group of actors.”

201909050929343811.jpg

The auditions will be conducted through four rounds with both an online application and offline acting screening, and experts from the six management companies will participate as judges.

The winner will have the chance to sign an exclusive contract with one of the respective management companies and appear in dramas and various videos produced by Kakao M.

Anyone born between 1984 and 2003 is eligible for the audition, and they will be able to apply through Kakao M’s homepage, Kakao M Actors’ social media account, and casting platform MUSE’s mobile application from September 9 until October 6. The first round of successful applicants will be notified individually starting from mid-October.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** Kim Dong Hee from “Sky Castle" has confirmed for the upcoming JTBC drama “Itaewon Class” . He has taken on the role of Jang Geun Soo, the second son of Jang Dae Hee (played by Yoo Jae Myung). :P

6 K-Drama Tropes We’re So Done With Already

5c3893f968924ede9521bbaeae7f40e6.jpeg?s=

Every good K-drama deserves a few tropes. Y’know, those familiar moments and plot twists that show up time and again in different dramas. It’s fun, rewarding, and even comforting to see certain tropes play out. We know they will push our buttons in a certain way, and it’s enjoyable seeing new actors put their own spin on old tropes. Yeah, you’ve seen Lee Jong Suk with amnesia, but have you ever seen Hyun Bin with amnesia? Whole different story!

Not all tropes are created equal, though. Some tropes may have worked in the past, but in late 2019, they’re outdated and tired, exemplifying old-fashioned cultural values people don’t believe in anymore. Other tropes have shown up so often that there’s just no way to make them seem fresh, and they just come off as lazy writing.

Which tropes do we need to kill off? Here are six of the worst offenders!

Warning: spoilers ahead!

1. The Jerk Male Lead

Park-Seo-Joon-She-Was-Pretty.gif

Park Seo Joon shows himself out in “She Was Pretty” 

A truly good guy would be able to work out his issues without taking them out on other people. He would treat everyone with respect, whether he was attracted to them or not. In real life, jerks pretend to be nice guys so they can lure you in. Guys who don’t hide their jerkiness just end up alone or dating other jerks.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** PSJ's FM in Manila is nearing, which is slated for September 29 in SM Mall of Asia Arena. The Park Seo Jun Fan Meet is presented by Bench. Fans can redeem tickets to the fan meeting from September 18-20 only at specified Bench outlets by purchasing from the Bench stores. Here are the guidelines on how to score a ticket to see him. Check their social media pages for more updates.

70697704_10157261185171251_3311683668006

69950742_10157251471616251_4685907129226

70427091_10157251471651251_2285979773312

70013351_10157251471681251_7897893138730

Spoiler

70509787_10157251471711251_6159351752391

69889786_10157251471886251_2262427577115

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

September 26, 2019

Actor Park Seo-joon Named Special Juror for Asiana Int'l Short Film Fest

Actor Park Seo-joon has been appointed as a special juror for the annual Asiana International Short Film Festival.

Park was offered the role by veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki, his co-star in this summer's action flick "The Divine Fury," who heads the festival's organizing committee.

The two stars attended a press conference for the festival in Seoul on Wednesday.

"I was doing a promotional tour for 'The Divine Fury' with Park this summer and I told him [about the festival] near the end [of the tour]," said Ahn. "I haven't seen him since then, so I'm really glad to work with him again on something like this." 

2019092601030_0.jpg

"I think this is a great opportunity, because I can learn more about short films through the festival," Park said. "I can watch a lot of short films, and I thought it'd be a chance for me to gain a new perspective. I will try to be as objective as I can when watching and judging the films."

Park, who rose to fame starring in hit rom-coms, said he wanted to support struggling actors looking for their big break.

"There are a lot of actors who, as I was in the past, are working desperately hard," he added. "I want to do my part to help them gain recognition and move forward."

The festival, in its 17th year, will screen 54 foreign short films from 35 countries in the international competition category, which were selected from a total of 5,752 films from 118 countries. For the Korean competition, 15 out of 974 films were chosen as finalists.

Notably, this year's festival features many movies with a focus on women.

The AISFF will be held for six days from Oct. 31 at Cine Cube in Gwanghwamun, Seoul.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

© This is copyrighted material owned by Digital Chosun Inc. No part of it may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission.

• Like 2

Korean actor Park Seo Joon arrives in Manila

MANILA – Park Seo Joon arrived in Manila on Friday, days ahead of his meet and greet event.

The homegrown clothing brand Bench has organized a “fun meet” featuring Park, with the event scheduled on September 29 at the Mall of Asia Arena.

The Korean actor is one of Bench’s celebrity endorsers.

Park is popular for his roles in the television series “What's Wrong with Secretary Kim” and “Fight for my Way.” 

He also starred in the films “Midnight Runners” and “Divine Fury.”

LINK to watch the video here : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/09/27/19/korean-actor-park-seo-joon-arrives-in-manila

• Like 2

6 Actors Who Used To Be Thin But Are Now Muscular AF

Is it getting hot in here?

2. Park Seojoon

parkseojoon

Park Seojoon used to have a slimmer body, but he worked out for the movie “Midnight Runners” where he played a police cadet.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

*** The same thing with his upcoming drama, I'm also looking forward to this movie. I really don't mind if he's the 2nd choice - The storyline sounds great. A drama & a movie to look forward soon -  :P

Park Seo Joon Confirmed To Star In New Movie

f523a6b4e32042659034e6f58c97c0b3.jpeg?s=

Park Seo Joon will soon be returning to the silver screen!

On October 3, the producers of the upcoming film “Dream” (working title) officially announced, “Park Seo Joon has confirmed that he will be appearing in ‘Extreme Job’ director Lee Byung Hun’s next project.”

Park Seo Joon will be starring in “Dream” as Yoon Hong Dae, a professional soccer player who is put on disciplinary probation after being caught up in an unexpected incident. With his entire career at risk, Yoon Hong Dae winds up becoming the coach of an unusual soccer team consisting of a motley crew of inexperienced players.

The upcoming movie will be helmed by Lee Byung Hun, the director of the record-breaking hit film “Extreme Job” and the recent JTBC drama “Melo Is My Nature.” The film has been in the works for years, with both Lee Jong Suk and Seo Kang Joon mentioned as candidates for the leading role in 2016 and 2017 respectively.

“Dream” is currently scheduled to begin filming in 2020.

Are you excited to see Park Seo Joon in this new movie? Share your thoughts below!

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2

Park Seo Joon confirmed as male lead of new soccer film by director of 'Extreme Jobs'

1570061136-parkseojoon.jpg

On October 3, the production company in charge of director Lee Byung Hun's new film 'Dream' confirmed that actor Park Seo Joon has been cast in the male lead role of Hong Dae

'Dream' tells the story of a professional soccer play who is tasked with the unlikely challenge of leading a unique, national team, made up of individuals who have never played soccer before. The film will be directed by Lee Byung Hun, known for his comedy hits such as 'Twenty', 'Extreme Jobs', as well as his most recently ended drama 'Melo Is My Nature'. 

Meanwhile, Park Seo Joon will also be greeting viewers on the small screen soon through his upcoming JTBC drama, 'Itaewon Class'. His next big screen project 'Dream' is expected to kick off filming in early 2020. 

source : allkpop

• Like 3

*** There's the news article  that says that KakaoM, a Kakao affiliate and general content producer, made a public announcement (on Thursday 30 September) that it has decided to add a total of 68.8 billion to the paid-in capital for third party agencies to raise the operating funds of these agencies. Accordingly, 560,871 new shares will be issued. In addition, a total of two companies and 17 individuals will participate in the capital increase, KakaoM explained. Among them, Nonghyup Bank will be allocated the largest number of 275,347 shares. Also, movie director Yoon Jong-bin will be assigned 65,202 shares, stylist Han Hye-yeon 40,751 shares and Awesome CEO Yang Geun-hwan 32,601 shares, respectively. Actors Hyun Bin (Kim Tae-pyeong), Lee Min-ho and Park Seo-joon (Park Yong-kyu) will also each receive 24,451 shares, 16,301 shares and 12,225 shares, respectively, in return.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003280351

• Like 1

'Dream': Park Seo-joon trains homeless footballers in new movie

optimize

By Dong Sun-hwa

Actor Park Seo-joon will star in a film by Lee Byung-hun, who directed Korea's second-highest grossing film "Extreme Job" (2019).

Park will play Yoon Hong-dae, a football player-turned-coach, in the movie tentatively titled "Dream." Yoon "accidently" takes the helm of the national football team of 11 homeless people, which wishes to become a champion in the "Homeless World Cup," according to the movie's distributor Megabox Plus M.

The Homeless World Cup is a real annual international football tournament launched by the Homeless World Cup Foundation in 2001 to help homeless people stand on their own feet through the sport.

The film will begin shooting next year.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1