Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** Harper's BAZAAR released chemistry-filled pictures of Park Seo-joon, Ahn Sung-ki and Woo Do-hwan from "The Divine Fury". The pictorial of the three men and their interviews can be seen in the new issue of this magazine on the 25th. The movie comes out on the 31st. :P

photo1083091.jpg

photo1083092.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

“The Hunger Games” Series Director Francis Lawrence Shares Praise For “The Divine Fury”

215ea1b0aa7f4bef9c21bc79eb6f4e4d.jpeg?s=

Hollywood director Francis Lawrence had nothing but compliments for the upcoming film “The Divine Fury” starring Park Seo Joon and Woo Do Hwan!

“The Divine Fury” tells the story of boxing champion Yong Hoo (played by Park Seo Joon) and exorcist priest Father Ahn (played by Ahn Sung Ki) who meet and face a powerful evil that has thrown the world into chaos.

Director Francis Lawrence is known for his films that showcase spectacular fantasy visuals such as “I Am Legend” and “The Hunger Games” series. He recently talked about his impressions of “The Divine Fury” after meeting director Kim Joo Hwan, who has long been a fan of Lawrence and draws inspiration from his works.

Director Lawrence stated, “I was truly mesmerized by ‘The Divine Fury.’ There was a warmth to it that I never expected from watching the trailer, and it was bold and full of brilliant imagination. The experience was so powerful that it deeply lingered with me on my way home afterwards.”

He added, “The acting was excellent, the mise-en-scène was beautiful, and the visuals left a strong impression. I think I witnessed the birth of a very charming hero who makes you anticipate the story to come.”

Finally, he shared his thoughts on his meeting with Director Kim Joo Hwan. “Director Kim Joo Hwan is maturing as a director in his own right, but it makes me very proud that my work has been able to help. I wish the best for the premiere of ‘The Divine Fury.'”

Francis-Lawrence-Kim-Joo-Hwan.jpg

“The Divine Fury” will premiere in theaters in Korea on July 31.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

July 23, 2019

‘The Divine Fury’ hopes to surpass expectations: Director Kim Ju-hwan aims to create his own cinematic universe with his latest film

22201639.jpg

From left, director Kim Ju-hwan and actors Park Seo-jun, Ahn Sung-ki and Woo Do-hwan attend a press conference after the press screening of “The Divine Fury” in eastern Seoul. Kim hopes the film is the first part of his own cinematic universe. The film premieres on July 31. [YONHAP]

At a press conference in June, director Kim Ju-hwan told local media about his ambitious plan to kick off his own cinematic universe with his film “The Divine Fury.”

After a press screening on Monday, it was clear that the film’s exorcist hero Yong-hoo - who was handpicked by God to rid Earth of demons - has plenty more to take care.

Throughout the film, there are various hints that suggest the story may continue beyond one film, resolving the conflict just enough to give the characters room to breathe after fighting off evil.

While local moviegoers may see the movie as another occult film, the director seems to have gone to great lengths to add his own distinct voice to the film, mainly through the unique characters. Making Yong-hoo a boxing champion with a quick temper who transforms into an exorcist throughout the story allows the audience to relate to his conflicts and struggles in a way that may have been difficult to do if he had been an exorcist from the beginning.

By the time Yong-hoo is punching his way through people possessed by evil spirits, audiences will find themselves cheering him along as they’ve embarked on the emotional journey with him.

Actor Park Seo-jun admitted that the character’s strong physical power was one of the reasons why he said yes to the script. “I wanted to star in a hero film like the ones I see in foreign films,” Park said. “Before I got older, I wanted to try out action films, and that was when Kim gave me the script for ‘The Divine Fury.’ It was a new challenge that I was glad to take on.”

Another plus was the chemistry between actor Ahn Sung-ki and Park. “I’ve already worked with Kim, so I know how he shows his humor,” Park said. “I really do love those funny points [suggested by Kim], and although the genre was totally different, I thought the way Ahn and I played our roles so seriously could be comical from a third-person perspective.”

Ahn plays another veteran exorcist that guides Yong-hoo. “The character was full of tension because he needed to be ready at all times to fight off demons, but I am relieved that the audience today seemed to enjoy the relationship between Yong-hoo and [my character],” he said after the press screening.

The director also spoke of his correspondence with Francis Lawrence, the director of “Constantine.” A longtime fan of Lawrence’s films, the film’s distribution company Lotte Entertainment set up a meeting for the directors to discuss Kim’s film. According to Kim, Lawrence was impressed by the quality of the film, especially after learning about the relatively low budget. Above all, however, the director emphasized that the film was focused on the dramatic development of Yong-hoo, who was chosen by supernatural forces to fight off evil.

“Before trying to break the stereotypes [of exorcist films], I tried to think of the basic structure of good and evil, and depict the film as a story based on our own narratives, even though the majority of the concepts originated from the Bible and various myths.”

However, the film faced criticism due to its lack of female characters. His prior film, “Midnight Runners” (2017) also faced similar reviews as the female characters were mostly cast aside by the heroic acts of the two male heroes and were ultimately needed to be rescued. However, Kim saw the issue differently.

“I am still studying to create a good female character,” he said. “However, [for this role], I believed that the character was more suitable for male actors.” The director hastily added that he was thinking of adding more female leads as he develops the series further.

Although a surprise appearance by actor Choi Woo-shik was leaked prior to the screening, Choi’s role turned out to be bigger than the cameo that was expected.

“We really do want to continue the story with Choi if we are able to earn the approval from the audience,” Kim said. “The crew and I will always be ready to create another film in this cinematic universe.”

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

***IDK why I can't post images here coming from this site - ^_^

Park Seo Joon Shows Love For BTS’s V On A Recent Radio Show

He discussed their friendship and revealed his favourite BTS B-side.

Nxb0WKmyzDhKcVUDGNvPs2xqCJSeTVZ0yzF21Bcc

Park Seo Joon‘s love for his friend, BTS’s V, is still going strong!

R6zU9uwd6ghkRZoSh-Be4g3EypC2_jWQcBWJ89rf

In 2016, these stars became close friends while filming the historical K-Drama, Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. Since then, work has kept them busy, but they still hang out and cheer each other on whenever they can.

43gjutGQLxaNpREdh03e3icwuBbbFefEWaBBllx5

On July 19, Park Seo Joon guested on SBS Power FM’s radio show, Park Sun Young’s CineTown to discuss his upcoming film, The Divine Fury. During the show, Park Seo Joon didn’t hesitate to show love for V and BTS. He chose “Jamais Vu”, his favourite BTS B-side, when asked for a song request, and he happily chatted about V.

VnpGI354ThKWDOj2J61UGLboa7AXkAkoO9XEY3FH

Park Seo Joon described V as a global star who is also a close friend, despite their 7-year age gap. He’s able to confide in V and their mutual friends, Park Hyung Sik and Choi Woo Shik. These stars are part of a group chat, and according to Park Seo Joon, this chat is always lively because his friends are chatterboxes!

Spoiler

vcEr9f-WSPy9nfqC3VTjZwmVoJO9KFzU00oXqaR2

V has been traveling the world for the past year, but perhaps he and Park Seo Joon will finally have time to hang out in person, now that BTS is going on a short hiatus.

source : koreaboo

Spoiler

• Awesome 1

[Herald Review] Hopes of cinematic universe may be too ambitious for ‘Divine Fury’

A cinematic universe is not something that has earnestly been tried in the Korean film industry, which makes Jason Kim’s attempt to start one via an occult film border on risky. Occult-themed flicks have rarely been major hits at the box office here.

So how does “The Divine Fury” – the supposed “Iron Man” of the crudely named “Holy Universe” -- measure up? While it has some good elements and can be fun from time to time, the unoriginal plot and concept, flat storyline and uninteresting characters do not really heighten expectations for the upcoming films.

20190723000388_0.jpg

Park Yong-hu (Park Seo-joon) is an MMA champion whose father’s untimely death in his youth has cost him his faith in religion and imbued him with cynicism. But when a scar of unknown origin mysteriously appears on his hand, he seeks advice from a Vatican-sent priest and exorcist, Father Ahn (Ahn Sung-ki).

After learning that the scar comes with a special power for fighting evil, Park and Ahn team up to find disciple of the devil Jisin (Woo Do-hwan), and eradicate the world of the maleficence he spreads.

It seems clear that rather than go the traditional route of occult films -- mysterious and creepy -- director Kim has opted for a more straightforward and easy-to-follow story, almost like a superhero film.

With fighting skills, an unrelenting will and dashing good looks, Park’s Park Yong-hu is basically a superhero.

Instead of elaborating on the lore and world of the occult, the movie simply sets up a good vs. evil structure. While this makes it easy for non-occultists to follow, it may spell trouble for fans of the occult. It’s not scary, not suspenseful and has no moments that put the audience on the edge of their seats.

The characters are hit and miss. Park as the main man appears rather stiff and uninteresting, although he has some good action scenes. It is more a problem of how he was written, rather than his acting choices.

Both Park and Ahn, as the leading duo, play to their strengths in creating believable chemistry and feeding off each other’s energy.

The priest as the father-replacement is a bit on the nose, but it works because it is Ahn. He is like Tom Hanks; he just has such a likeable and trustworthy face.

The villain is utterly unimpressive. Again, Woo’s acting is not terrible, but he simply lacks charisma or any intimidation factor.

Choi Woo-shik’s Father Choi also leaves very little impact, which is a bit shameful considering what the young actor had shown himself capable of in the masterful “Parasite.”

It is a somewhat fun, simple action flick, but it feels too familiar. It’s basically “Constantine” set in Korea, with a much less interesting protagonist. The occult superhero film has been done before, and done much better.

Another problem is that the world does not feel that huge or epic, and neither does the threat.

Overall, it is somewhere between OK and subpar. A cinematic universe could still work, but it would hang on the quality of the next film.

“The Divine Fury” opens in local theaters on July 31.

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

• Sad 1

7 Rom-Com K-Dramas That Surprised Us With Their Emotional Intensity

All hail the fluffy rom-com, the bread and butter of K-drama! For many of us, romantic comedy is what sucked us into Korean TV.

K-dramas excel at giving us butterflies, loading shows with cute and swoon-worthy moments we can’t help but make GIFs out of.

But lightness and fluff are only one part of what makes a rom-com great. Just as important is a deep emotional core – characters have to suffer through hard times for those sweet moments to feel meaningful. Sometimes there’s conflict in a drama from the beginning, but I love it when the angst arrives later to shake things up. In the best dramas, that tonal shift reignites our interest when things might otherwise start feeling slow. Here are seven rom-coms that took us by surprise with their emotional intensity. Prepare your lols, your uwus, and your tissues!

Warning: spoilers ahead!

7. “A Witch’s Romance

uhm-jung-hwa-park-seo-joon.gif

“A Witch’s Romance” opens with Yoon Dong Ha (Park Seo Joon), dressed as Santa, chasing Ban Ji Yeon (Uhm Jung Hwa), dressed as a schoolgirl, as she rides a bike with a giant stuffed teddy bear on her back. If that’s not a setup for a fluffy rom-com, I really don’t know what is. It takes the rest of the first episode for us to figure out exactly what’s going on in that scene, which gives plenty of time to fall in love with charming, decent Dong Ha and fierce queen Ji Yeon. Surely these two, with their love for outlandish costume chases, are a match made in heaven? It looks like it, until a certain “polar bear” ex-boyfriend (Han Jae Suk) arrives on the scene. The unexpected torrent of tears that follows is enough to melt an iceberg.

park-seo-joon-uhm-jung-hwa.gif

Check out the first episode of “A Witch’s Romance”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

hi everyone.. I like park seo joon from the movies beauty's within, and kill me heal me. I think he is very hot, he makes every romance scene looks so hot.

actually there's a guy near my house that looks like him, with the similar hair cut as well. 

1 hour ago, rainy12 said:

hi everyone.. I like park seo joon from the movies beauty's within, and kill me heal me. I think he is very hot, he makes every romance scene looks so hot.

actually there's a guy near my house that looks like him, with the similar hair cut as well. 

Hi @rainy12... lets make some noise in this thread :rolleyes:

*** I hope his upcoming movie will be a box office hit! I'm sure he feels the pressure of being the lead. I'm sure he has to work out regularly because of his role as a professional athlete. “The Divine Fury” hits local theatres on Wednesday, July 31 rated 15 and over. :P

Park Seo Joon Shares His Thoughts On His Influence As An Actor

a4450d9e85584942b88408dc308b6641.jpeg?s=

Park Seo Joon shared his thoughts on his acting career in a recent interview with Hankook Ilbo!

During the interview, Park Seo Joon talked about the love and support he received from fans. He said, “When I first debuted, I wanted to [focus on] acting, and I had great personal ambitions. As I gained fans, I realized there were many people who were influenced by [my acting]. For example, there was someone with postpartum depression who said that they were able to overcome it after seeing [my acting]. I think [my projects] have made a positive impact.”

He continued, “I believe that I should return the love I’ve received. When [someone] is facing difficulties, I think of trying to help them. I think about what would be a good way to return [the love] without any negative feelings. This is one of the reasons why I continue [acting].”

The actor also talked about his upcoming supernatural film “The Divine Fury,” which is about a champion fighter named Yong Hoo (played by Park Seo Joon) who seeks out Father Ahn (Ahn Sung Ki), an exorcist, when he suddenly develops strange wounds on his palms.

Park Seo Joon shared, “It was very difficult. However, I thought that I’d gained a very meaningful and good opportunity. I’m thankful for the director who made this happen. I don’t know what other projects I’ll do in the future, but I think I was lucky to have met this project at this age and timing. I think now is the appropriate time, in my early 30s when my body is less broken and my joints move well, to showcase [a character] whose passion isn’t any less strong but can keep cool to a certain extent and has a personality of not being able to hold back when seeing injustice.”

He continued to explain, “I think it would have been different if I were in my late 20s. I think that I could have said it was a bit difficult.

[Now,] I’ve had many experiences through various projects, and I saw this as the right time to put my experiences into use. I have an obsession with [trying] new things. While I’ve had a refreshing, youthful image until now, this is the perfect timing to show a new side of me.”

“The Divine Fury” will premiere on July 31. Check out a teaser here!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** TODAY is D- DAY! "The Divine Fury" only just came out in South Korea! I heard that this movie is highly anticipated even before the movie was available in theatres.  I read that the movie accrued over one hundred thousand reservations before its official release. This makes it the first domestic South Korean film to lead on reservations. :P

The VIP premiere of the movie was taken place at Lotte Cinema, Lotte Mall, Jamsil, Songpa District, Seoul yesterday, July 30.  V of BTS came to the premiere event to support his bro, PSJ.  I remember last June, Park Seo Joon also sent a snack truck to BTS’s Seoul fan meeting to show his love for V. :D

3 minutes ago, willenette said:

*** TODAY is D- DAY! "The Divine Fury" only just came out in South Korea! I heard that this movie is highly anticipated even before the movie was available in theatres.  I read that the movie accrued over one hundred thousand reservations before its official release. This makes it the first domestic South Korean film to lead on reservations. :P

The VIP premiere of the movie was taken place at Lotte Cinema, Lotte Mall, Jamsil, Songpa District, Seoul yesterday, July 30.  V of BTS came to the premiere event to support his bro, PSJ.  I remember last June, Park Seo Joon also sent a snack truck to BTS’s Seoul fan meeting to show his love for V. :D

How about you.. do you plan to watch it?  or you already watch it? My side of the world will start on 15th August

11 minutes ago, sueeila said:

How about you.. do you plan to watch it?  or you already watch it? My side of the world will start on 15th August

Hi sueeila, ye, I will watch it. In case my schedule won't permit, I will definitely buy my own DVD copy of this movie to support him. :P

12 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi sueeila, ye, I will watch it. In case my schedule won't permit, I will definitely buy my own DVD copy of this movie to support him. :P

Alright... give us some review then after u watch it.. but don't spill the beans until we all watch the movie :rolleyes:

*** I'm happy that his movie made a strong start at the Korean box office! “The Divine Fury,” came in at No. 2 while “E.X.I.T,” took No. 1 at the box office on its first day in theaters. Congratulations! Park Seo Joon, good job! Fighting for your movie!  :P

[HanCinema's News] "Exit - Movie" and "The Divine Fury" Go Head to Head

photo1087438.jpg

It's highly unusual for two major releases to open on the same day in South Korea. It's bad business, as most people will just end up choosing one or the other. Yet that's exactly the current situation with "Exit - Movie" and "The Divine Fury", which elected against each other this weekend, rather than "The King's Letters" and "The Battle: Road to Victory" on either side of the high summer season.

The last time this happened was in 2013 when both "Snowpiercer" and "The Terror Live" opened on August 1st. Interestingly enough, that particular moment does not necessarily advise against the concept. "Snowpiercer" made over nine million admissions and "The Terror Live" over five million. It's difficult to argue that either film would have done significantly better had they been released with more of a widely spaced gap.

And indeed, going by the early box office receipts "Exit - Movie" and "The Divine Fury" are both benefiting from being distinct genre films in a movie marketplace that has been dominated by Disney remakes and sequels. It's been some time since there was a comic disaster movie or a supernatural action film on this kind of a high budget scale.

Whether either movie will have serious staying power is difficult to say. Both will be competing with "The Battle: Road to Victory" next week. That war epic, in addition to being yet another very different drama from the previous three major releases of the summer, is coming at a very culturally charged moment thanks to the ongoing anti-Japan boycott.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

20190801000432_0.jpg

Divine Fury
(Korea)
Opened July 31
Mystery, Action, Fantasy
Directed by Jason Kim

Park Yong-hu (Park Seo-joon) is an MMA champion whose father’s untimely death imbued him with cynicism and shattered his faith in religion. But when a scar mysteriously appears on his hand out of the blue, he seeks advice from Vatican-sent priest and exorcist Father Ahn (Ahn Sung-ki).

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

Kwon Nara Meets Park Seo-joon in "Itaewon Class"

photo1087854.jpg

Actress Kwon Nara is partnering up with Park Seo-joon for his latest drama.

She's starring in "Itaewon Class" as Oh Soo-ah, Park Seo-joon's character's first love and rivaling company employee.

A-MAN Project confirmed that's she's starring in "Itaewon Class" as this honest and attractive career woman.

JTBC drama "Itaewon Class" is based on an original webtoon about a 'hip' revolt by stubborn and courageous youths living in this unfair world. It contains the starting of businesses of those who pursue freedom with their own values on a small street in Itaewon.

Kwon Nara's character of Oh Soo-ah is bold and mesmerizing and she's not only Park Sae-roy's first love, but a competitor that has him on his toes all the time.

"Itaewon Class" is directed by Kim Seong-yoon, written by Kwang Jin, and features Park Seo-joon, Kwon Nara, Kim Da-mi, Yoo Jae-myung, Ryoo Kyung-soo. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/02~Upcoming, Fri, Sat 23:00 on jTBC.

Source : .co.kr/new/view.php?m...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1