Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

On 6/18/2019 at 7:25 PM, snitchdream08 said:

Can't wait for The Divine Fury!

Hi snitchdream can't wait, too! The upcoming film has officially announced its premiere date! “The Divine Fury” will premiere in Korea on July 31. I'm excited. PSJ is back on the screen, only this time it's on the big screen.  I guess this is the best duo -  Park Seo Joon and Woo doo hwan. I will surely watch it to support Park Seo Joon. I have been waiting for so long for this movie to come out...:P

• Like 1

9 K-Drama Male Leads Who Treat Their Leading Lady Right

2022ca76b3b841efabbda3765cd13bce.jpeg?s=

Is there anything worse than binging a drama that’s supposed to light up the romance in our cold, dead hearts, but instead turns out to be a show where the female lead is constantly belittled, bullied, and manipulated into being with a male lead who doesn’t see her value?

While aggressive and domineering male leads can shake up our hearts, it’s never truly fun to watch a drama if the lovely leading lady is undervalued. Instead of constantly waiting for the male lead to wake up and apologize for his bad behavior, and understand that he needs to be better for the girl he loves, I want to see the opposite.

I want never-ending heart-eyes, cringeworthy pick-up lines, shameless flirting, and most of all, a constant sense of respect towards the leading lady from the male lead. Here are nine K-dramas where the male lead treats the female lead with the respect they deserve.

Warning: Minor spoilers for the dramas below.

Lee Young Joon from “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim

While everyone thinks he’s a raging narcissist, including Kim Mi So (Park Min Young), Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) is actually one of the most endearing men in the drama world. The drama begins when Mi So wants to quit being Young Joon’s secretary after several years. Drama certainly ensues as she has become a constant in Young Joon’s life and the thought of losing her breaks his heart (though he may be a little slow to admit that to himself).

With over-the-top proposals and desperate pleas, Young Joon will do just about anything to convince her to stay. However, no matter how many times he seems to overstep, he’s always ready to own up to it. When Mi So confronts him about how he overworks her, or other problems in their relationship, he is quick to remedy his mistakes. He genuinely wants to make things work with her and puts forth his best effort.

whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim1.jpgwhats-wrong-with-secretary-kim2.jpgwhats-wrong-with-secretary-kim3.jpg

Spoiler

whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim4.jpgwhats-wrong-with-secretary-kim5.jpg

Watch “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Love 1

10 hours ago, sky5joyous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing the videos. I thought all along it's their first time to collaborate but, I heard that they met each other for the first time in a drama, "Dream High 2", which I didn't know that PSJ was in it. So, that was some years ago.  I might need to watch this - I've watched the 1st one, though......  :P

11 Fluffy Sageuk K-Dramas That Will Immerse You In Another World

2381c0e5c0894bbda6574cb6ed59763c.jpeg?s=

There’s something irresistibly enchanting about sageuks, or historical K-dramas: the beautiful palace backdrops and luscious hanbok robes; the breezy, old-fashioned romances; and the charm of simpler times before the days of technology. And while political schemes and intense action are key parts of many historical dramas, these plot devices can at times make sageuks convoluted and tedious. We don’t blame you if you find yourself fast-forwarding through the spiteful Queen Dowager’s rants (why is she so shrill?) or yawning while the ministers plot to overthrow the Crown Prince (seriously… again?).

So we’ve pulled together a list of historical dramas that leave all that serious stuff in the background and focus instead on the one thing we can’t get enough of: the fluff! With youthful romance, touching coming-of-age stories, and vibrantly crafted K-drama worlds, these 11 dramas are fluffy, fun, and perfect for binging!

5. “Hwarang

“Hwarang” literally translates to “Flower Knights,” so you know this drama is going to be as fluffy and bright as spring — or as the smiles of its legendarily handsome cast. It follows a group of young noblemen in the Silla Dynasty who have been selected to join the Hwarang, an elite group of warrior-scholars. While the young men initially butt heads (as sons of various noble families, they’re born to mistrust each other!), the fun of “Hwarang” is watching the guys learn to get along and rely on each other, with plenty of funny and cute friendship moments along the way as they study, play, and overcome challenges together. Just look at all the glorious bromance:

Hwarang-e1560684935265.jpg

Watch “Hwarang” on Viki:

(skipped unrelated.....)

*** I will surely watch this. :P

Park Seo Joon And Ahn Sung Ki Join Forces Against Woo Do Hwan In New Photos From “The Divine Fury”

4aadd9151ede4800a94751dae1bfceee.jpeg?s=

Upcoming film “The Divine Fury” has released exciting new stills of its three stars!

“The Divine Fury” is a supernatural action thriller starring Park Seo Joon as Yong Hoo, a champion fighter who acts tough and aloof on the outside, but who secretly harbors deep emotional wounds.

After suddenly developing inexplicable wounds in the palms of his hands, Yong Hoo searches for answers by seeking out Father Ahn, an exorcist from the Vatican (played by veteran actor Ahn Sung Ki). Together, they end up joining forces in a fight against powerful evil forces that wreak havoc on the human world.

Woo Do Hwan will also star in the film as Ji Shin, a mysterious figure with the ability to exploit others’ weaknesses and spread evil.

With Father Ahn on his side and using a mysterious supernatural power hidden in his hands, Yong Hoo will face off against Ji Shin in an exciting battle between good and evil.

On June 27, “The Divine Fury” unveiled suspenseful new photos of its three leads in character, building anticipation for the upcoming film.

Check out the new stills from the movie below!

Park-Seo-Joon.jpg

Ahn-Sung-Ki-Park-Seo-Joon.jpg

Park-Seo-Joon-2.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Seo-Joon-3.jpg

Ahn-Sung-Ki-Park-Seo-Joon-2.jpg

“The Divine Fury” will premiere in Korea on July 31. In the meantime, check out the trailer for the movie here!

Source (1) / soompi news

‘The Divine Fury’ eyes start of occult-themed film universe

By Yoon Min-sik

Director Jason Kim’s upcoming film “The Divine Fury” seeks to break ground in Korean cinema by starting a cinematic universe, though the concept has not arrived here yet.

Even more daring is Kim’s attempt to do so with an occult film -- a genre that has been a hit and miss when it comes to Korean movies.

“During my visit to France, I saw a statue of an angel suppressing the devil. (The statue) embodied an enormous struggle, which got me thinking (about the possibility) of making a (film) universe in Korea like Marvel or the “Conjuring” universe, in which (characters) can fight,” the director said during a press conference for the film in Seoul on Wednesday, explaining how he came up with the idea for the flick.

20190626000680_0.jpg

Woo Do-hwan (left), Park Seo-joon (center) and Ahn Sung-ki pose in this file photo. (Lotte Entertainment)

Kim said he discussed the possibility with Park Seo-joon, the main lead of the film, with whom he had worked on the 2015 hit “Midnight Runners.” They shared the vision of starting a cinematic universe.

Park plays the role of a mixed martial arts fighter, Yong-hu, who has lost faith in the world after losing to his father in his youth.

He discovers a scar of unknown origin on his hand and seeks help from Father Ahn, an exorcist and priest from the Vatican, played by Ahn Sung-ki. They team up to find a “bishop of the evil,” Ji-sin, played by Woo Do-hwan.

Playing his first big screen role in two years, Park, 30, said he put a lot of thought into playing Yong-hu, a character with a dark side.

“I’ve played many characters that are upbeat and positive, but this is a type of character I’ve always wanted to play. ... There were a lot of question marks on how I would appear on screen visually, and in terms of portraying (the character),” he said.

Ahn, whose acting career spans over six decades, joked that this role was one that “only he could play,” perhaps a nod to the role of an exorcist priest he played in the 1998 “The Soul Guardians.”

Coming out of a yearslong hiatus, he said he wanted to meet as many viewers as possible through the new film. “I felt like I could demonstrate a tremendous energy for my age,” he said.

Playing his first big screen role, Woo said his character has a “reason for being evil.”

“The most charming thing (about my character) was that he is quick to figure out what other people are like, because it is his job to dazzle and deceive them,” he said.

Whether the film will go on to build a cinematic universe remains to be seen.

“I think there are plenty of elements in our movie to create a universe. But we still need characters, or heroes. This movie sets up a lot of the necessary characters,” said the director.

One such element could be the presence of Ahn. “Ahn is like Nick Fury (of the MCU),” Kim said, hinting that the veteran actor would continue appearing in his film universe to be built up in upcoming movies.

“The Divine Fury” opens in theaters on July 31.

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

June 27, 2019

‘The Divine Fury’ has major plans ahead

26194915.jpg

From left, actor Woo Do-hwan, director Kim Ju-hwan, and actors Ahn Sung-ki and Park Seo-jun pose for the camera at a press conference held at the Konkuk University Entrance branch of Lotte Cinema, eastern Seoul, on Wednesday. [YONHAP]

Director Kim Ju-hwan has big plans for his upcoming film, “The Divine Fury” - if it succeeds, he wants to create his own cinematic universe of stories that can be told over multiple films.

Kim was first inspired by the topic of exorcism when he saw a large sculpture of an angel pushing down a demon in France. The thought then hit him: How come the local film industry is devoid of its own cinematic universe, like Marvel or “The Conjuring” series? So he decided he would create it himself.

“We have all the state-of-the-art technology we need to create our own cinematic universe,” Kim said at a press conference that he attended with the film’s three stars - Park Seo-jun, Ahn Sung-ki and Woo Do-hwan - on Wednesday. “I wanted to create a universe in Korea where numerous characters can battle their way through, drawing out many sides of the characters that could earn empathy and love from the local audience.”

There have been other films on the topic of exorcism, such as “The Priests” (2015) and “Svaha: The Sixth Finger” (2019), but the director and rest of the cast assured that their work would probe deeper into the world of exorcism and provide more eye-opening visuals and fresh perspectives to entertain moviegoers.

Although Kim did not reveal specific details about the film, he intends to realize his ambitions if “The Divine Fury” is a success at the box office. He also hinted that he has more stories ready to grow the film into a franchise.

As for now, however, Kim explained the film as the story of a battle between good and evil, and the people who fight for their side according to their beliefs. The story starts off as Yong-hoo, a UFC champion played by Park, one day suddenly has a wound on his hand that does not heal. Although he visits various hospitals, the doctors tell him there’s nothing wrong with his body. When he hears from a source that his wound may be more of a spiritual matter, he is advised to visit an exorcist.

“Yong-hoo is a dark character with many scars from his past,” Park explained about his role. “I was worried about how to portray this character because I’ve mostly shown bright and humorous sides [in my previous works]. But I’ve always wanted to show a different side of myself, and I think I’ve managed to achieve that through this role.”

Ahn, a veteran actor, on the other hand, was captivated by his character, an expert exorcist sent from the Vatican City to clear the country of the ultimate evil.

“My character, who also goes by the surname Ahn, has a powerful aurora that remains unwavering despite his old age,” Ahn said. “I wanted to give off that strong energy on screen that only the most experienced exorcist who has seen all sorts of evil would have.”

For Woo, this will be his first lead role on the big screen, but the actor had portrayed various sly or bad roles in drama series and films.

“The character I play is an evil spirit who takes on human form to manipulate others,” he said as he introduced his character. “He is evil, but a different kind of evil from other roles I’ve portrayed because he is very clever. He quickly sees through others’ weaknesses and uses them for his own gains.”

The director emphasized that the last four minutes and 30 seconds of the film are the climax of the story and that the audience should be prepared to be impressed. “We used all the latest CGI technology, special effect makeup and wiring to create the ultimate battle between the two main characters - Yong-hoo [Park] and the evil spirit [Woo],” Kim said.

“The film was definitely a challenge for all of us, and we did our best to create a suspenseful flick that the people can’t bear to take their eyes off.”

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

cast of divine fury meets the press

2019062612361933242_18890256980579017529

Ahn Sung Ki, Park Seo Joon and Woo Do Hwan met the press to promote their movie, Divine Fury. I’m guessing Woo Do Hwan is keeping his hair long for his upcoming sageuk drama, Our Country. He again takes on baddie role as a priest who spreads evil instead of good.

Fighting him will be Park Seo Joon, who plays a champion boxer, and a righteous priest, played hy Ang Sung Ki.

985a3084072eb944bb83e3afffcd83b612410344

art_15615186799591_770e38733901312213477

art_1561516937642_96b9352637052823300959

(skipped unrelated.....)

Photo credits as stated

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/cast-of-divine-fury-meets-the-press/

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:02 AM, sueeila said:

His manner :wub: one of the kind 

Hi sueeila, thanks for sharing this presscon clip.  I heard that Park Seo Joon flew to the U.S. to train and worked with a professional fighter. He has the perfect proportions for action scenes, anyway.  I hope he keeps that toned-body. As far as I know Park Seo Joon will be doing everything from martial arts to wire action scenes in the film. His hands here are scarred but have a special power.  There were scenes where he has LED lights attached to his hands. I highly anticipate this movie. The film is sure to be a must-watch this summer. “The Divine Fury” will premiere on July 31. Park Seo Joon fighting!! Good luck! Can't wait! So excited for this movie. :P

• Like 1

8 K-Drama Couples That Have An Adorable Height Difference

168c253d0b1a420391e2545b6c0a5243.jpeg?s=

Sometimes, having a height difference makes all the difference. Every K-drama couple is attractive (it’s in the job description) and plenty of them have amazing chemistry. But when there’s a big difference in the couple’s heights, it’s a cute visual touch that really *cough* heightens the romance.

Of course, height difference makes for great kiss scenes. Scientific explanation: something to do with tippy-toes and craning necks.

But it can also make for great character moments, like when a pint-sized heroine proves she’s more of a badass than her gangly hero, or when a giant’s giant ego gets brought down to size by his smaller, better half. Here are nine couples who always make us smile when they try to look each other in the eye.

6. Kim Ji Won and Park Seo Joon in “Fight My Way”

park-seo-joon-kim-ji-won-fight-my-way-1.

Park Seo Joon gets a lot of praise around Dramaland for his well-balanced proportions, which are on full display in “Fight My Way,” where he plays an MMA fighter. His 185 centimeters (approximately 6 feet 1 inch) frame is physically imposing, almost fooling you into forgetting he’s a total softie underneath it all. Kim Ji Won looks small by comparison, at 164 centimeters (approximately 5 feet 5 inches), but she’s tougher than she appears, which adds a level of balance to this romance that makes us love it all the more.

park-seo-joon-kim-ji-won-fight-my-way-2.

Check out the first episode of “Fight My Way”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)