Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Since you guys have been talking about how you became a fan I'm gonna share mine as well. 

I remember the first time I saw him was on twitter (or probably in Dream High 2 but i didn't know because i didn't care). I actually saw him on a meme tweet from She Was Pretty. He didn't seemed like a typical korean actor to me. I thought he was Korean-American because I've never seen a lead actor rock such looks the way he did. 

Past forward lol I decided to binge watch She Was Pretty after seeing my mom and my brother laughing hard from watching. And I enjoyed it. The plot was typical but the storytelling was good. It felt like time went fast. I didn't get Second Lead syndrome because I never cared about Siwon (lol sorry). Although I understand why some didn't like PSJ's character. 

I didnt became a fan immediately, but I was interested so I had to look back to his past characters and they were so different from each other. I realized he's one of the actors who can do different characters which anyone can distinguished from each other. He transforms into a new person every time he acts and he makes it believable that it's fascinating to watch.

That's why I'm not really worried of those who say he might get typecast. He might have been doing romcoms in a while but if you look at his characters, they are all different. Also. there are movies that could prove he can do well in other genres. 

Plus, he's good in variety shows as well. He never comes off as try hard but he always have something new to show which makes him even 10x charming. 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:35 AM, Cecentre said:

I find his acting in She Was Pretty or Fight For My Way great as well, but for some reason he was kinda stiff in Hwarang, especially in soft and romantic moments (I'm thinking of that kiss in the hall with PHS watching). Other than those scenes he was great though. His chemistry with Lee Kwang Soo is off the roof and the grieving process made me cry my heart out :tears:

ugh.. Hwarang for me is a huge waste. I could never get past through it despite the pretty cast. I guess i'm really disappointed knowing the director did Gaksital/Bridal Mask. also PSJ and Go Ara's chemistry is nowhere to be found lol. The title is Hwarang but we didn't get any of it. Instead we got love triangle, the focus on the throne and many other things that ain't about hwarang. 

Anyway, what's done is done lol. Still, I hope he can participate in a good sageuk one day. Maybe he can play a noble one? Or a villain? (SPOILER ALERT) He played a character out for revenge in Chronicles of Evil but I want moreee. 

Ugh I've been wanting to post since yesterday. I kept trying to post but I guess Soompi was down for awhile eh?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shhai said:

That's why I'm not really worried of those who say he might get typecast. He might have been doing romcoms in a while but if you look at his characters, they are all different. Also. there are movies that could prove he can do well in other genres. 

When you said this, I thought back and yea you were right: his characters are very much different from one another, and even if he acted as a rich guy twice (WWWSK and She was pretty-- I'm sure being an editor in chief means he has money), they are very different characters with different personalities and auras, and he nails them perfectly! He is very much capable of doing both the rom and the com parts of rom-com, which is probably why he was called "King of Rom-com" :P

I find it interesting that while he played mainly in rom-com dramas, his movies have been action and thriller. I'm hoping that he will play in an action drama! Can't wait to see all that action moves and also to see him branch out from rom-com.

15 hours ago, shhai said:

Anyway, what's done is done lol. Still, I hope he can participate in a good sageuk one day. Maybe he can play a noble one? Or a villain? (SPOILER ALERT) He played a character out for revenge in Chronicles of Evil but I want moreee. 

Oh lmaooo I haven't watched Chronicles of Evil but oh well :D Hwarang makes me lose trust in the fact that he will still look sparkly and pretty in saeguk, especially when he won't get to keep the short hair like in modern dramas, but we have to wait and see! 

Speaking of She Was Pretty, I haven't finished it yet (I'm at ep 15) but he definitely has the most chemistry with Hwang Jung Eum out of at least 4 dramas that I've watched from him. Is it because they have acted together shortly before that so they're more comfortable with one another or is it just me rooting for Oh Ri On of KMHM finally getting the girl? Idk idk :P Who do you all think PSJ has the best chemistry with?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cecentre said:

Oh lmaooo I haven't watched Chronicles of Evil but oh well :D Hwarang makes me lose trust in the fact that he will still look sparkly and pretty in saeguk, especially when he won't get to keep the short hair like in modern dramas, but we have to wait and see! 

Oh my god loool I feel you. That makeup everyone got in that drama was awful. Even Go Ara didn't look as flashy with those eyebrows. Out of all hairstyles, I think he looked the best with those headbands. It looks clean and he looks good without the mane distracting the focus on his face. I prefer less hair on him as well. Maybe a Joseon Era sageuk is more suitable for him? That's also why I said a noble character might be good visual wise. :lol:

His character in Chronicles of Evil is actually complex. The film was good. I guess I'm just inkling for more because I think there could be more to explore to his story. But the focus wasn't him and it's more plot driven so...

11 hours ago, Cecentre said:

Speaking of She Was Pretty, I haven't finished it yet (I'm at ep 15) but he definitely has the most chemistry with Hwang Jung Eum out of at least 4 dramas that I've watched from him. Is it because they have acted together shortly before that so they're more comfortable with one another or is it just me rooting for Oh Ri On of KMHM finally getting the girl? Idk idk :P Who do you all think PSJ has the best chemistry with?

oh interesting. Most people thought him and HJE didn't have that much chemistry in SWP until around ep. 10? And people prefer their twin sibling chemistry. I think both did a good job showing different characters and relationship from two dramas. I remember how shocked I was watching this since I watched SWP first. :joy:

Ahhh I felt so bad for Oh Ri On. I'm so glad PSJ didn't get stuck in second lead character because I couldn't stand seeing his sad and longing face. :tears: Boy, couldn't do anything and was brother-zoned lol.   

I'm not really sure which chemistry I like the most. I'm probably more on how effective they showed the relationship in the drama. Because if you look at it, he had different chemistry with HJE in KMHM and SWP. FFMW was about friends to lovers. WSK was also different. 

I forgot he also had good chemistry with Baek Jin Hee, Han Groo and Uhm Jung Hwa. oh my god, this is amazing. I guess I would say, they're all good so I don't know. I never felt distracted with chemistry in each show i've seen, except Hwarang:lol: 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 8:22 AM, shhai said:
Spoiler

I cant believe he's being sneaky like this. 

Lmaoo I'm on vacation right now so I can't write a detail response to your post earlier (I will when I get back) but I just got so curious so I have to ask: what do you mean by this? I feel you may know something I don't ;)

Spoiler

Well, it's just I've been following both him and PMY on IG. Last few days PMY posted a picture of her on the bridge in Paris. Next few days, he posted that which looked very similar to hers. I just had a feeling he's being playful and throwing more 'coincidences' to the shippers and media but this time there is actual evidence. :lol:

I think this his next post is another one of those. (Idk, if you've read the speculations about his jersey number lol) Anyway, I dont wanna get too detailed because I'm probably just assuming things. 

@Cecentre I've put a spoiler because these are just speculations. I'm probably looking too much into it. :D Btw, have fun on your vacation. 

180810 Instagram Update

PSJ with Son Heung Min.

He's been a fan for a long time. :lol:

180811 Updates for Upcoming Movie 'Saja'

DkUKh3hUcAAZr90.jpg

DkULsX8UUAAQNcX.jpg

cr: @seungroksong; @awesome_ent_ on Instagram

Interesting...

It's Gothic themed. Apparently, Woo Do Hwan will play a devil.

I've never watched a drama of him before. I only knew him since I kinda follow Red Velvet and he was with Joy in Seducer lol. 

Lotte Entertainment and Content K will produce it.

• Like 4

IT'S HIS 7TH ANNIVERSARY!!! 

It's been 7 years since his debut. That means a throwback post to this music video he starred in, which also marks his very first official appearance.  

He was so young here but you can already see how talented he is. :heart:

Now he's become one of the top stars in Hallyu; is dubbed RomCom King and Melo Bulldozer (lmao thanks Kim Ji Won). :lol:

I only hope the best for him. Also, good luck to his upcoming movie. I'm really excited for it.

With that, I hope this thread would be more active in the future and more people would join lol. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, shhai said:

180811 Updates for Upcoming Movie 'Saja'

cr: @seungroksong; @awesome_ent_ on Instagram

Interesting...

It's Gothic themed. Apparently, Woo Do Hwan will play a devil.

I've never watched a drama of him before. I only knew him since I kinda follow Red Velvet and he was with Joy in Seducer lol. 

Lotte Entertainment and Content K will produce it.

Wow! thanks :) So looking forward to seeing PSJ in a completely new genre :) 

Also, about the being sneaky part... do you mean his dating rumor??? :wub:

16 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

Wow! thanks :) So looking forward to seeing PSJ in a completely new genre :) 

Also, about the being sneaky part... do you mean his dating rumor??? :wub:

yah. I feel like he's kinda playing around this time. But i don't want to dig too much into it, since he got into trouble already because of some shippers on ig who don't know when to draw the line. I'm pretty sad about it. 

If he's dating or not, that shouldn't be anyone's business. :mellow:

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I'm a semi-new fan of PSJ! First of all, HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY to him!! First noticed him in FMW then Youn's Kitchen...and then while WWWSK was airing I binge-watched SWP, Hwarang, and Midnight Runners.

Honestly I didn't notice him at first, but he grows on you. He is not the typical "flower beauty" but I do like that he has that rough, masculine side of him. I actually didn't think he played "similar" roles if there hadn't been such notions from other people. Yes, he has been in a couple rom-coms but I never felt that the characters he played were "the same". 

Watching him in Youn's Kitchen and variety shows made me realize he really has a great personality, and his honesty/bluntness is so refreshing compared to other actors (who debuted at an earlier age). Love love that he's done with his military service too, hehe.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing info with fellow PSJ fans here! Can't wait for his upcoming movie, but in the meantime I still have some of his other past works to watch :sweatingbullets::D 

I haven't backread but I'd just like to share this vid..his colleagues have such nice things to say about him :)

• Like 4

@szne09 Hi! Welcome! Thank you for joining the thread. it's always nice to have someone here.

I don't think you have that much to back read since we just started making this active and updated recently. :sweatingbullets: It was so behind despite him being a busy bee nowadays. I kinda wish I've done this since FMW days. I remember lurking here last year and even making an account but for some reason I didn't do anything. lmao well better late than never.

Ah..  I haven't finished Youn's Kitchen. But he's such a well rounded person, a definite sagittarius trait. (we're the same btw :lol:). I also love how honest and unassuming he is. Although sometimes his honesty can make Lee Seo Jin scratch his head lmao. One of my favorite parts of him in YK2 was when he came up with an integrated sheet system to make the ordering more efficient. We love a smart man. 

He also have surprisingly good sense of humor that can catch up to any variety entertainers' antics. I remember how Cha Tae Hyun want him so bad to be a cast member of 1N2D because he's so fun during their episodes. He received a good amount of screen time thanks to it. 

Thanks for sharing the vid btw. :heart: Kang Haneul is such a cutie and PSJ sometimes calls him "Kang Sky." :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks @shhai!! Yes I loved the "integrated order sheet" too! Didn't LSJ say he admired PSJ and would listen to him a lot during YK2 because of his experience in doing some part-time work in the past. I really admire that about him.

And yeah I've never seen CTH be so excited about casting someone at 1N2D..PSJ would've fitted so well there but he's just too busy now so it wouldn't be possible even if we wanted him to :D

Heard he's going to Phuket today for the WWWSK reward trip. Hope the weather treats them well! :)

• Like 2

Yes. But he looks so tired. goodness. I hope they'll at least have a good time with their vacation.

No offense, but I just want the whole dating rumor fiasco to be done. :mellow:

He got another coverage again. And I knew it. that NB just wouldn't pass the chance to translate his articles again. He can't win. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm thinking too much of this. Hoping they get the privacy they needed. 

I'm sorry for being a downer omg.

Anyway just I saw this pics of PSJ and Ma Dong Seok when they're were promoting Chronicles of Evil. Cute :wub:

DdRSC-dX0AAz3ts.jpg

Spoiler

DdRSFaEXUAAY3jO.jpg

DdRSGkSX4AEjbiH.jpg

• Like 1

Hi guys. I've visited this thread few weeks ago but it was quiet before. So glad this thread is alive again. I've watched some of PSJ's dramas (except Hwarang) and I have always like him but not the point that I would be crazy fangirling him. Watching WWWSK made me falling in love with him again and now I'm rewatching again his old dramas and his variety shows, Youn's Kitchen and 2d1n. Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because I'm sad and dissppointed with all the hate and insults he's getting from k-netizens. I'm supposed to sleep now but couldn't fall asleep as I keep thinking about his problem. Lol

So I want to ask your opinion, do you guys think PSJ can recover his image again? I feel bad for him. He's finally getting fame and recognition by his hard work but it was all buried down due to the dating rumor. 

• Like 4