Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

@Deepakmahajan 

I think I only watched Signal from this writer. It was a massive hit and I liked it, but drama had plenty of plot holes;) Still think her suspense writing style excites many. And if PSJ agrees it would be his first time working with a well-known writer;) 

He was big since FFMW, Youn’s Kitchen and WWWSK success, but I guess IC solidified his status as one of the strongest and most bankable actors of his generation;) 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I think it will be more a human story about park rangers and their hardships. But who knows, still very little information. 

But he would look good with JJH, with or without romance. Because the writer usually is not into romance stories;)

Yeah, i heard most of her works are thriller. So i assume it might be another one :D

Tbh, reading the synopsis, i don't expect romance at all, even though i would love to if there really is :phew:

To me, PSJ and JJH is already a combo whatever the genre is. But i'll like it even more if it's really thriller or mystery. I love him in this kind of work :wub:

Well, hopefully we won't wait too long for the good news! ^_^

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

@Deepakmahajan 

I think I only watched Signal from this writer. It was a massive hit and I liked it, but drama had plenty of plot holes;) Still think her suspense writing style excites many. And if PSJ agrees it would be his first time working with a well-known writer;) 

He was big since FFMW, Youn’s Kitchen and WWWSK success, but I guess IC solidified his status as one of the strongest and most bankable actor of his generation;) 

Yes her writing has some plot holes but she is still a good writer and she gave us kingdom which is such an amazing show and we will find some strong action thriller drama!  Better than romantic dramas imo..

Yes ofcourse he was successful and among A listers but i mean he is now among the top of absolute A list. The top most chain of selective actors where you get big budget dramas and top most writers and an co star on level of jun ji hyun who will be his most high profile co star till to this day. You can't get bigger female lead than her opposite you , the top most actress of this century and it shows how industry views his status and success. He was successful but itaewon class has taken his stardom to another level. . That means he has reached the pinnacle of success. I am happy for him. I am just excited as a fan of both.

His success is impressive because he didn't start with lead roles but build his way up and has earned this position. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

21 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeah, i heard most of her works are thriller. So i assume it might be another one :D

Tbh, reading the synopsis, i don't expect romance at all, even though i would love to if there really is :phew:

To me, PSJ and JJH is already a combo whatever the genre is. But i'll like it even more if it's really thriller or mystery. I love him in this kind of work :wub:

Well, hopefully we won't wait too long for the good news! ^_^

I think playing on strong sunbae/hoobae relationship between woman/man without any romance could be potentially really interesting and unique way to approach the story. But I do think it will be a dark story;)

Hopefully we will be able to hear some good news later I need PSJ in uniform xD

Although potential date premiere date is 2021 and they didn't start filming Dream yet(?)... Hope no scheduling conflict occur due to coronavirus if it's a true news and he agrees...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

In an interview with Joy News 24, which took place at a cafe in Sangsudong, Mapogu, Seoul on Monday, Ryu Kyung Soo expressed his thoughts on leaving the JTBC drama "Itaewon Class," which ended on Monday, as well as the preparation process of his character, chemistry with actors and future aspirations.

Ryu Kyung Soo was a former gangster in "Itaewon Class," but he met Park Sae Roy (Park Seo Jun) and played the role of Choi Seung kwon, an employee of "Danbam" Hall who changed his life. Choi Seung Kwon was fascinated by Park Sae Roy's belief, who lives a confident life, ended his gangster life and began working at Danbam. He is a warm, loving man who is not active but can do what he is told to do. He cares and think of his Danbam family more than anyone else. 

The filming period is almost 7 months. Ryu Kyung Soo said, "This is the longest filming i've ever done. I didn't realize that it was over, but now i don't see them. So i feel a little bit empty and sad". He revelead his testimony. 

Itaewon Class is the second drama of Ryu Kyung Soo. The first drama was tvN's Confession, which aired last year. Ryu Kyung Soo played a role of suspected murder, Han Jong Ku and impressed with his intense acting as a rookie actor. It's not only gave him a nickname "rookie monster",  but it also gave him the opportunity to be cast in Itaewon Class.

He said, "Director Kim Sung Yoon saw 'Confession' and suggested a meeting. I met him, read the script, showed him my acting, and then i was cast," he says, "and Director makes acting really fun and comfortable. It was a scene where he asked honestly and answered honestly. Always say, 'Do what you want to do.' I'm grateful because i think i met good people". 

Ryu Kyung Soo, who was also a fan of the original webtoon, said, "The director and writer told me not to be trapped in the original character. So i tried many new things," he said. "In the original work, Choi Seung Kwon is portrayed as cool and manly, and i wanted it to be more three-dimensional. When i saw the character as a whole, I thought it would be nice to give him a smile through his simple personality, behavior and words rather than being outright funny," he revealed, adding that he tried to make Choi Seung kwon his own character.

In particular, he focused more on the character of the last episode, which gave off a powerful presence and charisma especially for Park Sae Roy, who was in crisis. "I thought a lot about what Choi Seung Kwon was thinking at that time, but i thought he would have given up his life for Park Sae Roy. I met Park Sae Roy and my new life started, and I was happy at Danbam. So i would have thought that i was grateful for many things, and it was a life of living as a bonus. I think i would have done it with the thought of paying back the favor," he explained.

Just as Choi Seung Kwon loves Park Sae Roy's 'Danbam', Ryu Kyung Soo also has deep trust in "Itaewon Class" and actors. "Everyone respected each other's opinions. Communicated their thoughts and received them well. Such consideration and chemistry really worked well together. It was a place without compulsion," he said. "I think Pocha is a place where you should enjoy, but i also enjoyed the filming site of Itaewon Class. We were able to act in an emotionally relaxed state, and that's why it was better," he said.

In the meantime, "Park Seo Jun said a lot of funny things to brighten up the atmosphere on the set, and Kim Da Mi has a really good reaction that makes me want to keep making a joke of. Kim Dong Hee is so cute. He is a puppy style. I'm a halfway there. We played a lot of pranks together and we also did gag," he explained. Then, "I think we'll see each other for a long time. Even if it's not often, but i think i'll keep in touch because i miss them. I was very attached to them". He said with a lot of affection. 

So what does the drama "Itaewon Class" mean to Ryu Kyung Soo? He said, "I talked about it after the last shoot, it felt like a playground. It was a set where i could perform while playing. I had the experience of communicating with a comfortable atmosphere, and i think it would be a good asset". He confessed. 

Original article :

m.joynews24.com/v/1253273

*sorry if there are mistranslations.

Is it okay if i just post the full interview? Not only PSJ part? Bcs i just love reading all about IC :D

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

54 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

ikr, spoils all the fun xD 

Also I do hope rumors are true, because I like character description. Knowing, that he likes to challenge himself, I expect something new from him this time too and playing an ex-soldier with mysterious past sounds cool ^_^

just heard the news and came to share my opinion.i think people generally excited about idea of them working together.seojoon is a strong actor.and he proved,that he looks good in  serious roles as well as comedy.same with jun ji hyun.and both exceptional in action.

the site that broke the news had an information about characters and details about the theme of drama,so i don’t think it’s fake news,but they probably still in negations.so let’s hope everything sticks together.

i’m glad,that park seojoon one of those actors,that don’t hide after successful project,because he likes acting and he is hungry for roles and work.i think he is one of those people,who is genuinely in love with his craft and what he is doing.

@Anjalifairy why they make us work more from home?:tears:

i love how random he can be:lol:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

So true @emollienime. I mean both psj and jjh can do action which makes it is very inetersting if this comes out true

Second  most top stars shoot cfs after they have a blockbuster dramas and takes rest for couple of years. Because real money is in endorsements and a hit drama guarantee 3 or 4 years worth of regular supply of endorsements lol. He could do it. Like laying down for 2 years and just shoot cfs, but he loves his work. If this drama is confirmed,  this shows how he is building up his resume with so many different roles and challenge himself.

• Like 4

Just read the news that PSJ might be joining JJH in 'Mount Jiri' and I almost jumped from excitement. This is HUGE considering how big she is and all her past co-stars from Lee Minho to Kim Soo Hyun who are known to be on the top amongst all Hallyu actors. If the news is confirmed then this will open so many more doors for him in the future, he's already working with a successful director in 'Dream' and now him working with the writer of 'Signal' and director of 'Goblin' and 'Mr. Sunshine' will make him even more sought after by other writers/directors who are as equally or even more successful. IC for him was definitely a turning point for him, it helped show a more serious side to his acting that probably some, including myself hadn't seen before from him. Thanks to that, I'm officially a fan of his acting + hearing all the nice things his co-stars have said about him has made admire him as person. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

16 hours ago, solaire said:

Just read the news that PSJ might be joining JJH in 'Mount Jiri' and I almost jumped from excitement. This is HUGE considering how big she is and all her past co-stars from Lee Minho to Kim Soo Hyun who are known to be on the top amongst all Hallyu actors. If the news is confirmed then this will open so many more doors for him in the future, he's already working with a successful director in 'Dream' and now him working with the writer of 'Signal' and director of 'Goblin' and 'Mr. Sunshine' will make him even more sought after by other writers/directors who are as equally or even more successful. IC for him was definitely a turning point for him, it helped show a more serious side to his acting that probably some, including myself hadn't seen before from him. Thanks to that, I'm officially a fan of his acting + hearing all the nice things his co-stars have said about him has made admire him as person. 

The thing about PSJ he is not choosing dramas based on big names, but rather what excites him as an actor. If you read any of his interviews before or after the drama he almost always talks about how he wanted to play/try/challenge himself with N-character. 

And IC was considerably big-budget drama though, since they had no overseas shooting, sci-fi theme or complex fights. It was a drama from movie production company Showbox and they promoted it like jtbc’s golden drama, because everyone had a high hopes, since webtoon was also a big success. 

I will turn into fangirl mode, but his co-stars have been saying nice things about him from the start;)) And while it can brushed off as just usual compliments, I think the fact that PSJ consistently have been called “the mood maker”   from his Kill me, heal me/She was pretty success days I think it makes this one an absolute true;)))

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

11 hours ago, sueeila said:

@serenilmauve i'm dying to know what this journalists talk about psj :D

Not an expert in korean, but in my understanding, they first talked about his biography, then about his appearance being universal for any type of characters, talked about his nicknames (rom-com king/master/bulldozer), then Saeroy and how his hairstyle was popular and ended with some words about being excited to see his new movie Dream and what kind of charms he will show next.

So, I understood some context, but not exact words XD

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1