Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

27 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

So cute;))) PMY don’t wanna share her snacks with PSJ :lol:

Yep, here he said something like "she's being greedy again" bcs pmy had many snacks on her laps lolll

Me too!  I almost lost my count how many times i rewatched wwwsk. And ffmw too. And she was pretty too (those are my top 3) :lol:Even when the short clips of my favorite scenes from these dramas appear on my youtube's home, i can't help to click and watch it again. Oh my life.... :sweatingbullets:

Oh sure, i would be happy if you want to do it. Just share everything as much as you can sister as long as it doesn't bother you :D There are possibly some interviews that we missed particularly the ones from the past :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yep, here he said something like "she's being greeding again" bcs pmy had many snacks on her laps lolll

Me too!  I almost lost my count how many times i rewatched wwwsk. And ffmw too. And she was pretty too :lol:Even when the short clips of my favorite scenes from these dramas appear on my youtube's home, i can't help to click and watch it again. Oh my life.... :sweatingbullets:

Oh sure, i would be happy if you want to do it. Just share everything as much as you can sister as long as it doesn't bother you :D There are possibly some interviews that we missed particularly the ones from the past :)

Lmfao, I don’t know whom I want to feed more. They’re both skinny xD

Yeah, I’m like re-watch maniac. I dunno why it’s never gets boring :lol: I hope that IC will be as good as PSJ’s pervious dramas)))

Okay then;))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

@Anjalifairy thank you for sharing and translating;))) It’s nice to see, that he didn’t change much as an actor;) Still likes his job a lot and it shows though his acting. His eyes always sparks whenever he is in new character. Truly was born to be an actor. 

I found some translations of his old magazine interviews, should I post them? Are you interested guys?;))

oh sure dear.. you can post as much as u can and I'll be happy to read it all

and i love love love wwwsk.. that's where i discover him (where have I been all this time :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sueeila said:

oh sure dear.. you can post as much as u can and I'll be happy to read it all

and i love love love wwwsk.. that's where i discover him (where have I been all this time :sweatingbullets:)

Okay;)))

Aren’t we all ask the same after we discover him?;))) I stoped watching dramas for 2-3 years and then PSJ and his Go Dong Man/Fight My Way made me comeback and WWWSK was what made me to stay again ^_^ Good actors always have an ability to charm you;)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

tumblr_oq7ez1zWc41scm9d0o4_r1_400.gifv tumblr_oq7ez1zWc41scm9d0o1_400.gifv
tumblr_oq7ez1zWc41scm9d0o3_r1_400.gifv tumblr_oq7ez1zWc41scm9d0o2_r1_400.gifv

Kim Ji Won & Park Seo Joon being super cute during the poster photoshoot for Fight For My Way(´ ▽`).。o♡

credit: https://kimwoobinseyebrows.tumblr.com/post/160857978509/kim-ji-won-park-seo-joon-being-super-cute-during

Spoiler
tumblr_oq7bo2IQj41scm9d0o3_400.pngtumblr_oq7bo2IQj41scm9d0o4_400.png
tumblr_oq7bo2IQj41scm9d0o2_400.pngtumblr_oq7bo2IQj41scm9d0o1_400.png

Kim Ji Won & Park Seo Joon at the press conference for Fight For My Way

https://kimwoobinseyebrows.tumblr.com/post/160837634093/kim-ji-won-park-seo-joon-at-the-press-conference

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Interview] Park Seo-joon Grazia 2014: You are warm

박서준 InterviewPin this image on Pinterest

Park Seo-joon (박서준) is burning the house down with his portrayal of the innocent and delightful Ko Dong-man in Fight For My Way. His acting skills are impressing me to no end. How can he be so heartfelt and genuine and also an absolute buffoon? I should probably throw handsome or sexy in there too, but his character actually hasn’t expressed those attributes. Park Seo-joon himself is, but his character of Dong-man is just lovable, adorable, and awkward. I love him.

ark Seo-joon sat for an interview with Grazia magazine back in 2014 during his drama One Warm Word. This interview is pretty insightful as to his thinking process and his steadfastness. He also gave out little tidbits into the type of woman he likes (the kind he can protect). The full interview is below.

THE INTERVIEW
Grazia Magazine
February 5, 2014
Translated by Bah+Doo

Spoiler

너무나 솔직해서 훈훈한 [따뜻한 말 한마디]의 그 남자.
So honest, therefore, so warm, the man from One Warm Word

따뜻하다 박서준
Park Seo-joon, you are warm

따뜻한 말 한마디]의 수확은 이 남자. 결혼관도 라이벌도 너무 솔직해서 훈훈하다.
This man is what we got from One Warm Word. He is so warm because he is so honest about his outlook on marriage and rivals.

아침 촬영이라 짜증 났죠? 얼굴도 붓고.
전혀요. 시간이 그때만 비니까 할 수 없죠. 요즘엔 전시도 영화도 다 끊었어요. ‘
Are you annoyed because it is a morning shoot? Your face is swollen as well.
Not at all. I only have time in the morning, so I have no other choice. I recently stopped going to exhibits and movies as well.

드라마 찍느라고요?
그렇죠. 예전에는 혼자 전시도 보며 잘 돌아다녔는데, 요즘엔 시간이 생겨도 안 나가요. 귀찮아서 집에만 있어요.
Because of the shooting schedule for One Warm World?
Yes. I use to walk around and do things like go to exhibits, but I don’t do that anymore even if I have time. I just stay at home now because I am so tired.

취미도 없어요?
촬영이 있으면 거기에 매진해야 하니까 다른 부분을 포기하는 거죠. 컨디션 관리가 중요하니까요. 패션에 관심은 많아요.
컬렉션을 챙겨 본다기보단 옷을 사서 코디해 보는 게 재미있어요. 본인 수준에서 적당하게 쇼핑만 한다면 스트레스 푸는 수단으로 좋은 것 같아요.
Do you have a hobby?
When I am in a drama, I have to give up other things to fully focus on it. It is important to pace myself. I am interested in fashion. I am not necessary watching fashion shows, but it is fun to buy clothes and match them. Dependent on your financial situation, if you shop moderately then shopping is a good way to release stress.

요즘 꽂혀 있는 스타일은 뭐예요?
믹스 매치를 추구해요. 슈트에 조던 운동화, 청바지에 구두를 신죠. 패션을 다루는 방송에서는 옷차림 레시피를 얘기하잖아요.
전 별로예요. 대중의 관심을 끌기 위한 구성이지만, 패션에 대한 고정관념만 생기죠. 패션은 정석이 아니라 시도예요.
What style do you like recently?
I like to mix and match styles: Air Jordans with suits or jeans with dress shoes. Fashion shows talk about the recipe for dressing up but I don’t like them that much. They are there to draw attention from the public, but it only creates a stereotype of fashion. Fashion is trial and error, not a standard procedure.

인터뷰 후엔 에 MC 보러 가죠?
가수들의 축제에 괜히 낀 것 같고, 생방송 중 실수도 많아 어려워요. 그래도 적응하기 어렵다기보단 새로운 경험이라 생각해요.
내게 주어진 일이니까 성의를 다해야죠.
After this interview, are you are going to MC for [Music Bank]?
I don’t feel comfortable being at a singer’s party (music bank is all about singers), also it is difficult because the show is aired live and I make a lot of mistakes. However, I take it as a new experience rather than something difficult to adapt to. I do my best because it is my job.

새로운 걸 즐기는 편인가요?
무엇이든 회피하지 않고 즐기려고 해요.
Do you enjoy new things?
I try to enjoy them, not dodge them.

두려운 건 뭔가요?
특별히 없어요. 대신 20대 후반이 되면서 고민이 생겼어요. 연기자나 가수나 매력을 파는 직업인데, 그 매력에도 끝이 있잖아요. 모두 소진되면 어떻게 해야 할까요. 소위 그릇에 비유하잖아요. 내 그릇은 얼마만 한지, 혹시 이미 찼는데 억지로 만들어내는 건 아닌지 고민이에요. 대중은 자극적인 걸 원하니까요. 에서도 보면 아이돌들이 매번 더 센 콘셉트로 나와요.
What are you afraid of?
Nothing in particular. But I do have one concern as I move into my late 20’s. Entertainment is a job that sells your charm, but charm has its end. What should I do when I spend all my charm? People usually compare this to a bowl (in capacity), so I think about the size of my bowl a lot, is it already at it’s maximum, am I artificially making more space.

연기자들도 변신에 대한 강박이 있잖아요. 
그 문제에 대해 생각을 많이 했어요. 갑작스러운 변신은 ‘오버’인 것 같아요. 무리가 오고 소화가 안 되죠. 제 경험치가 이만큼인데 80대 노인 역할을 할 순 없잖아요. 제가 할 수 있는 것들을 선택하면서 필모그래피를 채우고 싶어요. 지금 해야 할 것도 얼마나 많은데요.
Actors have an obsession on transformation, right?
I have thought about this a lot. I think sudden transformation is “unnatural” (he said “over”… in Korea, people say “over” a lot for exaggerated or excess. Perhaps “extra” might be a good term). Then I have to force myself and it becomes artificial. With my current experience, I cannot take the role of an 80-year-old grandpa. I want to fill my filmography with things I can do now. I have a lot of things to do as of now.

계획도 잘 세우던데요. 연기학과에 진학하고, 2010년 5월에 미리 군대를 다녀오고, 그해에 소속사 찾고, 1년 동안 준비해서 데뷔하자고 계획했다죠. 
계획을 짜진 않았고 바란 거죠. 무언가를 하고 싶다, 할 것이다라고 생각하면 몸이 움직이고 있더라고요.
It seems like you make strategic moves. I heard you went to acting school, returned from Army service in May 2010, found an agency in that year, and prepared for a year and debuted.
I didn’t make a strategic plan, I just wanted it. When I want to do something, and I am determined to get it, my body is already making a move.

[금 나와라 뚝딱!] 출연도 잘됐고, 바라는 대로 이뤄졌네요.
계획보다는 동기 덕분이에요. 그만큼 하고 싶었기에 움직인 거고, 그 결과가 온 거죠.
You were cast in Pots of Gold successfully, so you accomplished things as you wished.
It is not because of my planning, but my desire. Because I really wanted it, I made a move, therefore, I got the result.

지금의 가장 큰 목표는 뭐예요?
굉장히 많지만, 저는 연기자이기 전에 사람이잖아요. 좋은 아빠, 좋은 남편이 되고 싶어요.
What is your biggest goal?
I have a lot, but I am a human being first, then an actor. I want to be a good father and a good husband.

아내가 직업 없이 가정을 돌봤으면 한다고요.
그건 변하지 않을 거예요. 제가 그런 환경에서 자랐기 때문에 제 아이도 엄마 손에 자랐으면 좋겠다고 생각해요. 어렸을 때 평생의 관념이 정립된다고 하더라고요. 사랑받지 못한 아이는 성인이 돼서 문제가 생기는 듯해요. 대인관계가 원만하지 못하거나, 극단적으로는 범죄자가 될 수 있죠. 저도 좋은 아빠가 되겠지만, 특히 아이 옆에는 엄마가 있어야 해요. 정답이 아닐 수 있지만 지금 제겐 이게 정답이에요.
You want your future wife to be a house maker.
I don’t think that will change. I grew up in that kind of family, so I want my kids to grow up under their own mother’s care. I heard that the ideas that are formed when kids are young, follows throughout their life. I think that kids who are not loved when they are little, have trouble when they become adults. Something like they won’t have a good relationship with others or in an extreme case, they could become a criminal. Of course, I will be a good dad, but especially, kids should have their mom next to them. Maybe this is not the right answer, but it is the right answer for me for right now.

외모는요?
보호해 주고 싶은 여성이 좋아요. 키가 크면 혼자 알아서 잘 살 것 같아요(웃음). 자꾸 신경 쓰이고 걱정되는 여성이 좋더라고요.
그런 분들 중엔 아무래도 마른 타입이 많아요.
What about their look?
I like someone who I can protect. If she is tall, I think she will be okay without any help (laugh). I like someone who constantly makes me care and worry. They are usually thin.

연애할 때 리드하는 스타일인가요?
연애할 때 다 받아주고, 무조건 잘못했다고 했어요. 그런데 반복이 되니 문제가 생기더라고요. 감정 표현을 하기 싫어서가 아니라 싸우기 싫어서 참는 건데 제가 바본 줄 안다니까요. 참다가 겨우 얘기를 꺼내면 변했다고 해버리니까 어쩌라는 건지.
앞으로는 불만은 바로 얘기하고 서로 맞춰가며 사귈 거예요.
Do you take the lead when you are in a relationship?
When I was in a relationship, I always accepted everything and said I was wrong. But when this situation is repeated, it creates problems. She thought I was an idiot. But I did it all because I didn’t want to argue with her, not because I didn’t want to express my emotions. When I reached my limit, and I talked about it with her, she told me I changed. What can I do? When I date someone in the future, I will tell my frustration to her and we can adjust to each other.

유년 시절은 어땠나요?
오디션을 볼 때 자주 받는 질문이 있어요. “넌 언제 가장 행복했니? 언제 가장 슬펐니?” 막상 안 떠오르죠? 대부분 그럴 거예요. 연기자는 감정을 표현해야 하기에 이런 것들에 예민해야 해요.
조울증까진 아니어도 감각이 살아 있어야 하죠. 그래서 이런 질문들을 하는 거고. 덕분에 기억의 조각들을 하나씩 꺼내 봤어요.
누구나 자라면서 크고 작은 상처를 겪잖아요. 저 역시 남이 볼 땐 별거 아니어도 힘든 일이 있었죠. 불행은 주관적인 거니까요.
중학교 때였는데, 그때마다 라디오를 들었어요. 슬픈 연기를 할 때 이 기억들을 떠올리진 않지만, 제 감성의 바탕이 되어 있죠.
How was your childhood?
When I am at an audition, there is one question they ask frequently: “When were you the happiest? When was your saddest moment?” It is hard to remember those moments, right? I think it is the same for most people. Actors should be sensitive to those things because we have to express our feelings. Not like bipolar-ness, but our emotions should be alive. That is why they ask those questions. Because of that, I had to take out all the pieces of my memory. Everyone experiences some kind of pain. I have also had hard times, even though my hard times may not be a big deal for others. Misfortune is all subjective. I was a middle school student, whenever I was hurt, I listened to the radio. I don’t remember those moments when I act sad, but those are the basis of my emotions.

나를 돌아보는 직업이네요.
멋진 만큼 구설수가 많은 직업이기도 하죠. 하나를 얻으면 하나를 잃는다고 생각해요.
It is an occupation that makes you look back.
It is a cool occupation, but we also experience a lot of gossip. You gain one, you lose one.

어떤 배우가 되고 싶어요?

교수님께서 배우는 죽을 때까지 배우라고 배우래요. 우스갯소리 같지만 맞는 말이죠. 기라성 같은 선배님들도 연기를 모르겠다는데 저는 오죽하겠어요. 그래서 어렵게 생각하지 말고 즐기기로 했어요. 시간이 흐르면 제 연기 철학이 정립되고, 배우라는 타이틀에 어울리게 되겠죠. 더 시간이 지난 후엔 후배들에게 영감을 줬으면 좋겠어요. 제가 누군가를 롤 모델로 삼듯이.
What kind of actor do you want to be?
My professor told me that an actor is an actor (bae-oo, bae-oo-da), because you have to learn until you die. [in Korean, actor and learn has the same pronunciation, bae-oo, bae-oo-da,배우, 배우다, so that is a play on words). It sounds funny, but it is true. All the famous actors say they don’t know what acting is, so how can I know it. So I decided to enjoy it rather than thinking about it too much. With time, I will have my own idea of acting and will be better suited for the “actor” title. I want to be an inspiration to young actors when I get old just as I look up to older actors.

롤 모델이 누군데요?
그때그때 달라요.
Who is your role model?
It depends on the circumstances.

지금은 누군데요?
누군가를 따라 하기보단 나만의 경쟁력을 가져야 해요. 롤 모델보단 자극을 받는 또래들이 있죠. 지드래곤, 유아인 씨도 자기만의 색깔이 있잖아요. 그들처럼 저만의 색을 만들어가고 싶어요.
Who are they now?
Rather than copying others, I should develop my own identity. Instead of role models, I have peers that inspire me. You know how G-dragon and Yu Ah-in have their own color. I want to develop my own color and character.

또래 배우를 언급하다니 놀랍네요.
악성 댓글 보면 남 잘되는 거 못 보는 사람들도 있죠. 전 인정할 건 인정해요. 저보다 한 살 어린 김우빈 씨가 지금 각광을 받고 있잖아요. 제가 봐도 잘해요. 부럽기보단 나도 잘하는 것을 키워야겠다란 자극을 받죠.
It is surprising that you are mentioning your peers.
When you read bad comments, there are people that can’t stand someone who becomes successful. I acknowledge things that deserve acknowledgment. Kim Woo-bin, who is 1 year younger than me, is very popular now. He is very good in my point of view as well. It inspires me to develop my own strength, rather than being envious.

서준 씨가 잘하는 게 뭔데요?
말하기 좀 그렇네요. 매력은 상대방이 느끼는 거지 내가 말할 수 없잖아요. 음…, 사람을 편안하게 해줘요.
What do you do well?
It is hard to say. Charm is not something I can say, it is something others feel about me. Um… I make people feel comfortable.

만난 지 3시간밖에 안 됐지만 편안해요.
예전엔 낯가림도 심하고, 대화를 지속하기도 힘들었어요. 고민하다가 방법을 찾았죠. 제가 하나를 오픈하면 상대도 오픈하더라고요. 장난을 치다가도 진지할 땐 진지하게 다가가면 상대가 저를 편안하게 여기고요.
It has only been 3 hours, but I feel comfortable.
I was shy before, and it was hard to keep up conversations. After thinking about it for a long time, I found a way. When I open up, others open up as well. People feel comfortable when I am playful, but when needed, I become serious.

만나봐야 아는 매력이네요.
브라운관을 통해서는 알 수 없죠. 이런 좋은 면들이 드러나도록 노력해야겠지만, 그렇다고 가식은 싫어요. 보여지는 직업이라 오히려 꾸밀수록 한계가 빨리 드러날 거예요. 그렇게 갑자기 무너지면 혼란이 클 거고요. 처음부터 솔직하게 드러내고, 저만의 좋은 점을 만들어가는 게 중요하죠.
It is a kind of charm that can only be recognized when seeing you in person.
It is hard to be recognized on TV. I will try to reveal this good side of myself, but I don’t want to fake it. My job is showing myself, therefore, if I fake it, it will reveal itself quickly. Also, it will be chaotic once it is revealed. I think it is better to be authentic and build up my own strength.

오늘 만난 서준 씨의 모습을 대중도 알았으면 좋겠어요.
스타는 배우가 될 수 없지만, 배우는 스타가 될 수 있다고 생각해요. 저는 우선 배우가 되고 싶어요. 돈이나 인기 때문이 아니라 정말 좋아서 시작한 일이라 천천히 갈 거예요. 어떤 강박관념 없이 즐기면서. 이른바 스타가 된 뒤에도 저의 마음가짐과 행동들이 사람들에게 긍정적인 영향을 끼치도록 노력할 거예요.
I want the public to recognize you as we recognized you today.
Stars aren’t always actors, but actors can be stars. I want to be an actor first. I will take it easy because I started it because I like it so much, not because of money or fame. I enjoy it without obsessing. When I become a so-called star, I will work hard to be a positive influence to others.

EPILOGUE
모델 출신인 줄 알았다. 185cm의 키, 스타일리스트가 바짓단을 접지 않을 만큼의 다리 길이. 스태프들은 그의 몸매를 ‘대박 사건’이라 불렀다. 그는 연기학과에 진학했지만 데뷔보다 먼저 군대 생활을 겪었다. 홀가분하게, 하지만 조금 늦게 25살에 데뷔했다. 이제 3년 차. 주말 드라마 에서 안정적인 연기와 훈훈한 상의 탈의로 라이징 스타가 됐고, 현재는 에서 낮에는 은행의 청경 반장으로, 밤에는 요리사로 일하는 바른 청년 역할이다. 제복과 앞치마를 하이패션으로 승화시키는 실루엣은 여전하다. 인터뷰를 위해 마주 앉을 때는 다리까지 덮는 긴 패딩에 페도라를 매치했다. 그는 패션을 사랑한다.
그의 말을 빌리자면 ‘눈만 높아져서 지출이 많아지는 게 문제’일 정도로. 그는 말투도 답변도 거침없다. 유년 시절, 결혼관, 또래 배우에 대한 감정을 거르지 않는다. 자신이 솔직하면 상대도 솔직하고 가까워질 수 있다고 믿는다.
오랜만에 꾸미지 않은 담백한 인터뷰. 그와 친구가 되고 싶었다.

I thought he used to be a model. 185 cm tall, long legs where stylist don’t even need to fold his pants. Staff members called his body a “Big hit.” He went to an acting school, but he went to the Army first. He debuted at 25 without any strings. Now it is his 3rd year. With the weekend drama Pots of Gold he became a rising star with his top undressing scene, and now in One Warm Word he is a decent young man who is a bank security guard by day, and a chef at night. He even makes a uniform and apron highly fashionable. He matched a long padded jacket and fedora for the interview. He loves fashion. In his terms, “It is a problem that he spends a lot of money on clothes because his standard became higher, but not his income.” The way he talks and his responses are trouble-free. He didn’t filter when he talked about his youth, his outlook on marriage, or his ideas of his peers. He believes when he is honest with others, they will also be honest with him. It was a clean and plain interview without any acting out. I wanted to be his friend.

CLOTHES: (in no particular order)
[1] 슈트, 셔츠 모두 뮈글러 by 무이 . 안경 O&×뉴욕 by DK.
Suits and shirts are from Mugler by MU. Glasses O & × New York by DK
[2] 터틀넥 우영미(Wooyoungmi).
Turtleneck Wooyoungmi
[3] 카디건 크리스토퍼케인 by 톰그레이하운드(Christopher Kane by Tom Greyhound). 팬츠 PT01 by 분더샵 클래식 (PT01 by Boon The Shop Classic). 비니 스놉(Snob). 사슴 장식과 빗자루 모두 솝(SOP).
The cardigan is by Christopher Kane by Tom Greyhound; The pants are by PT01 by Boon The Shop Classic; The beanie is by Snob; The deer decoration and the broom are both by SOP.
[4] 니트 라프시몬스×프레드페리 by 톰그레이하운드(Raf Simons× Fred Perry by Tom Greyhound). 팬츠 사일런트 by 블러쉬(Silent by Blush). 슈즈 로크(Loake). 양말 안쿠(An-cu). 페도라 스타일리스트소장품.
The Knitwear is by Raf Simons × Fred Perry by Tom Greyhound, the pants are by Silent by Blush, the shoes are by Loake, the socks are by An-cu. The Fedora is from the stylist’s own collection.

EDITOR: 김나랑 Kim Na-rang
PHOTO: 김영훈 Kim Yong-hoon

Translated by Bah+Doo
FIN

credit: dramamilk

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Seo-joon Interview Elle Magazine: Under My Rules

박서준 엘르 스타 인터뷰 2016Pin this image on Pinterest

카키 컬러 니트 슬리브리스 톱과 블랙 팬츠는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Khaki color knit sleeveless top and black pants are both by Louis Vuitton.

Spoiler

갖고 싶은 남자, 박서준
The man everyone wants, Park Seo-joon

박서준은 자신의 것이 아닌 길을 걸은 적 없다. 오로지 자신의 선택과 리듬에 맞춰 보폭을 넓혀왔다. 드라마 촬영을 끝낸 그가 LA 길 위에 섰다. 거리낌 없는 이곳에서 지금까지 만나본 적 없는 박서준의 한 페이지가 완성됐다.
Park Seo-joon always did things in his own way. He expanded his stride using his own choice and rhythm. He is standing on a street in LA after the drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. A chapter of his life that no one has ever seen before was completed here.

드라마  촬영이 끝나자마자 LA에 왔어요. 지금 마음 상태는 작품이 끝난 후에는 빨리 털어내려는 편이에요. 이 사전제작 드라마이기에 포스터 촬영도 해야 하고 후반작업도 남아 있지만 일단 촬영이 끝나 후련해요. 한적한 분위기에서 복잡한 생각 없이 지낼 수 있어 좋기도 하고요. 여기에 온 뒤로 휴대폰을 거의 보지 않다시피 하고 있어요.
You came to LA right after the drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior filming ended. How do you feel?After a drama ends, I try to forget about it as quickly as possible. Because Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth is a pre-produced drama, I feel relieved since the filming of the drama ended, even though I still need to shoot posters and do post production work. I am really enjoying all the quiet moments without having to think too much. I have hardly looked at my cell phone since I came here.

노랗게 염색한 머리 이야기를 안 할 수 없어요 이번 화보를 위해 해봤어요. 궁금했거든요. 예전부터 이 스타일로 화보를 찍어보고 싶었는데 실제로 하면 어떨지. 저도 제 모습을 알아가는 중이에요. 머리 때문에 말이 많다는 건 알아요. 사람들이 저를 떠올렸을 때 어떤 이미지가 연상되는지 모르겠지만 이를 의식하며 뭔가를 한 적은 없어요. 하지만 저를 작품과 캐릭터로 기억하는 사람들은 파격적이라고 느끼거나 왜 했냐고 할 수 있겠죠. 이런 반응을 걱정하는 것보다 제가 보고 싶은 모습을 남기는 게 더 중요하다고 생각해요.
I can’t just not mention your blond hair. I did it for this photo shoot. I was just curious. I always wanted to have a photo shoot with this hair style, but would I really do it. I am figuring myself out as well. I know people talk a lot about my hair. I don’t exactly know what kind of image they have of me, but I never decide to do anything because of other people’s opinion of me. However, for someone who remembers me from TV or the characters I have played before, they think it is shocking or may ask me why I did it. For me, it is more important to leave the image I want to see rather than caring about other people’s reaction.

네이비 트렌치코트와 버튼업 셔츠, 네이비 팬츠, 블랙 더비 슈즈는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Navy trench coat, button-up shirt, navy pants and black derby shoes are all from Louis Vuitton.

화보를 촬영하면서 컷마다 꼼꼼히 확인한 이유를 알겠어요 원래 화보든 드라마든 초반에만 모니터링을 해요. 결과물이 어떨지 대략 보이거든요. 그런데 이번에는 저도 모르는 모습이라 정말 궁금했어요. 화보에 대한 반응과 상관없이 저로서는 재미있는 작업이었어요. 내년이면 서른이 되기도 하고, 앞으로 이런 시도를 하기 어려울 것 같아요.
Now I understand why you were so particular about each cut while shooting the pictorial. Actually, for either pictorials or dramas, I only monitor the beginning of the work. I can kind of guess what the outcome will be. But this time, I was really curious because I also couldn’t predict what the outcome would be. It was a fun project for me regardless of the public’s reaction to the pictorial. I will be thirty next year, so I think it will be difficult to try something like this in the future.

일과 개인의 삶을 철저히 분리하려는 태도가 느껴지는데요 사람들은 할리우드 파파라치 사진을 보면서 ‘출연료 입금 전후’란 우스갯소리를 하잖아요. 그런데 어떻게 365일 내내 완벽한 상태를 유지해요? 작품을 하는 동안 배우는 엄청난 긴장 속에 살기 때문에 그 외의 시간에는 자신을 놓아줘야 해요. 새 작품을 할 땐 캐릭터에 맞게 잘 준비하면 되고요. 하지만 사람들은 스스로 그린 이미지에서 벗어난 모습을 보고 싶지 않아 해요. 인정하고 싶지 않지만 저도 이미지로 먹고사는 사람이에요. 대중이 봤을 땐 그렇단 말이죠. 그러다 보니 자제하고 조심해야 하는 부분들이 생길 수밖에 없고, 함께 일하는 이들에게 피해를 주지 않기 위해 적정선을 지키게 돼요. 제 성격을 아는 사람들은 “마음 편하게 해”라고 말하지만 그러기가 쉽지 않아요. 하나를 얻으면 하나를 잃을 수도 있어요.
I feel that you are trying to completely separate work and private life. People are joking about the difference before and after getting paid (before getting paid: plain, after getting paid: sexy) when they see pictures of Hollywood stars by the paparazzi. How can I maintain perfect conditioning 365 days of the year? When actors are working, we are in a high-tension environment, so we should let things go between projects. When we start a new project, we just need to be prepared for the new character. However, people don’t want to see an image that deviates from the image they created in their mind. I don’t want to accept it, but I make a living with my image. At least, the view of the general public is like that. Therefore, there are some things that I have to control myself and be careful of, also I draw a line in order to not hurt the people I work with. The people who know my personality tell me, “Try to be relaxed” but it is not easy for me. When you gain one, you might lose one (there are trade-offs).

그런 어른스러운 면은 이 일을 하면서 더해졌나요 원래 성격이 그래요. 혼자 상처받는 건 괜찮은데 저 때문에 다른 누군가가 힘들어 하는 건 못 견뎌요. 그래서 독단적으로 행동하지 않고 주위 의견을 들으려는 편이에요.
Did you become more mature like this after working in this industry? I was always like this. It is okay to get hurt, but I can’t stand someone suffering because of me. That is why I don’t do things dogmatically, rather, I try to listen to others.

스트라이프 셔츠는 Munn, 24개국 수도의 타임존이 표기된 헤리티지 네비게이터 워치는 Tissot, 네이비 터틀넥은 스타일리스트 소장품.
Stripe shirts are from Munn, the heritage navigator watch with time zones of 24 capital cities is from Tissot, the navy turtleneck is from the stylist’s private collection.

대중이 바라보는 본인에 대한 이미지는 뭐라고 생각하나요 아마도 지금까지 로맨스와 멜로물을 주로 했으니 그런 데서 연유한 모습이겠죠. 제가 소년미가 두드러지는 타입은 아니라고 생각해요. 보호해 주고 싶은 느낌이 들진 않잖아요. 그보다 성숙한 남자의 매력이 아닐까 해요.
What do you think the general public’s view of your image is? I guess the image is based on my roles in romantic dramas or melodramas. I don’t think I have much of a handsome boy image. I am not the kind of person that needs to be protected, right? Rather, I think I have a mature man’s charm.

박서준이라는 사람이 어필할 수 있는 또 다른 매력은 호불호가 갈릴 수도 있지만 가식적으로 행동하지 않으려 해요. 겉으로만 친하게 지내고, 마음에 없는 이야기를 하고 싶지 않아요. 그래야 할 이유도 없고요. 그래서 직접 만나거나 겪어보기 전까지 그 사람에 대한 선입견을 갖지 않아요. 가끔 실수를 하기도 하지만 이런 솔직한 태도가 매력이 될 수 있다고 봐요.
What is your other charm that can appeal to people as, human-being Park Seo-joon? Maybe some people like or dislike this, but I try not to be fake. I don’t want to be friendly only on the surface, I don’t want to talk about something I don’t mean. I have no reason to do that as well. So, I try not to have preconceptions of someone until I meet them in person or experience them. Sometimes I make mistakes, but I think my honest attitude can be charming.

사람에 대한 촉은 좋은가요 많은 사람들이 그렇겠지만 몇 마디만 나눠도 나와 맞는 사람이구나 할 때가 있어요. 반면 온종일 시간을 보내도 불편한 사람이 있기도 하고요. 그런 경우에는 기본적인 예의만 갖춰요. 그 이상은 유난인 것 같아요. 지인들에게 자주 하는 말은 “괜찮아?” “밥 먹었어?” 별 말 아닌 것 같지만 이 또한 애정 어린 표현이에요. 누가 관심도 없는데 괜찮은지 안부를 묻겠어요. 친한 사이에는 장황하게 말을 늘어놓지 않아도 다 통해요.
Do you have a good sense toward people? I guess it is the same for a lot of people, I have those moments that immediately feel like I can get along with them well just with a short conversation. On the other hand, some people make me unconformable even if I spend all day with them. In that case, I just maintain my basic attitude. If I do more than that then I think it is an exaggeration. I often say to my friends “How are you doing? Is everything fine?” or “Did you eat yet?”. It doesn’t sound like much, but it is my expression of kinship. Who would ask how someone’s doing if they don’t care about knowing? When you are close to each other then you don’t have to say much.

카키 컬러 터틀넥 풀오버는 Louis Vuitton.
The khaki color turtleneck pullover is from Louis Vuitton.

그렇다면 20대를 마무리하고 있는 박서준의 2016년은 안녕한가요 올 한 해는 이 전부였다고 이야기할 수 있어요. 연초부터 시작해서 최근까지 촬영하느라 정말 바빴어요. 하지만 사전제작 드라마라 방송 노출이 적었어요. 어떤 사람들은 제가 아무것도 안 하는 줄 알더라고요. “박서준 확 죽었네”라는 이야기도 들었어요. 죽긴 왜 죽어요. 열심히 드라마를 찍었는데. 연말에 방송될 예정이라 이 작품으로 1년을 꽉 채우게 될 것 같아요.
Then how is your 2016, the last year of your 20’s? I can say [Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth] was everything this year. I was really busy with it since the beginning of the year. But it was all pre-produced, so I didn’t have much drama exposure. Some people thought I didn’t do anything this year. I even heard “Park Seo-joon is almost dead” (ie. his career is going downhill). Who is dead? I was working hard shooting this drama [Hwarang]. I think I will spend all of 2016 with this drama since it is scheduled to air at the end of the year.

한 번 사는 인생, 자유롭게 살고 싶은 화랑을 연기했다면서요. 이 정도만 들어도 전작들과 분명 다른 느낌이 들어요 첫 사극 작품이란 의미가 커요. 굳게 마음먹고 시작한 도전이었죠. 사극 분장이 어색하지 않을까 걱정했고, 촬영하면서는 현대물에서 접하지 못한 감정들을 많이 느꼈어요. 나름대로 잘 표현하려고 노력했는데 과연 제가 느낀 대로 고스란히 전달될지 궁금해요.
I heard you acted in Hwarang with the concept of “You live once, live freely.” Just hearing that, it feels really different from your previous projects. It is meaningful for me because it is my first historical drama. I firmly made up my mind and to the challenge. I was worried, what if I look weird in a historical drama, and while filming I felt a lot of different emotions that I never felt in modern dramas. I tried hard to express them in my own way, but I am wondering if my feelings were expressed well.

화랑의 이야기라면 액션 신도 많았을 텐데 몸을 쓰는 연기는 어땠나요 데뷔 전, 그러니까 작품을 하고 싶다는 열망으로 펄펄 들끓었을 때 나중에 도움이 될 것 같아 승마도 하고 검도, 합기도, 복싱을 배웠어요. 놀랍게도 몸이 그것들을 기억하더라고요.
The Hwarang story should involve a lot of action scenes, how was it? Before my debut, when I was super enthusiastic about work, I learned horseback riding, Kendo, Hapkido, and boxing. Surprisingly, my body remembered the moves.

밀리터리 스타일의 베스트와 네이비 팬츠, 블랙 워커는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Military-style best, navy pants, Black boots are all Louis Vuitton.

경험이 많아야 연기도 잘한다는 말에 동의하나요 어느 정도는요. 20대 초반, 군대를 다녀와서 세상을 너무 모르고 산 게 아닌가 하는 생각이 들었어요. 아버지가 엄해서 온실 속 화초처럼 평범하게 자랐거든요. 하지만 세상에 나를 던지고 부딪히면서 깨달은 게 있어요. 느끼고 경험하는 건 시간과 비례하지 않다는 거죠. 1시간을 놀아도 한 달만큼 느낄 수 있는 게 중요해요. 감각이 발달돼 있으면 작은 것도 크게 받아들일 수 있어요. 배우란 직업이 특히 그래요. 감각의 날을 세우고 있어야 받아들이는 폭이 크고, 표현하는 것들이 공감을 살 수 있어요. 저도 평소 예민함을 유지하려고 해요. 가끔 남들은 대수롭지 않게 여기는 일을 힘들어할 때도 있지만요.
Do you agree that you can act better with more experiences? To a certain extent, yes. In my early 20’s, after my military service, I realized that I didn’t know the world much. I grow up normally and strictly because my father was very strict. But I realized one thing when I was experiencing the world. Feeling and experiencing don’t always have a linear relationship with time. It is important to feel like you spent the entire month even though you only played for an hour. When your senses are well developed, you can perceive a tiny thing as if it is big. This is especially true for actors. When your senses are sharp, you can perceive more and what you are expressing can be accepted from the audiences. I try to stay sharp. Even though sometimes I suffer from something that is not important for others.

순조롭게 커리어를 이어나가고 있어요. 20대 초반에 막연히 그려본 모습과 얼마나 닮아 있나요 누군가는 더 잘됐어야 한다고 하거나, 또 다른 누군가는 너치고는 엄청 잘됐다고 할지도 몰라요. 어느 쪽이 됐든 나중에 돌아봤을 때 후회하지 말자는 마음으로 최선을 다했고, 결국 여기까지 오게 됐어요. 결과는 제가 어떻게 할 수 있는 부분이 아니라고 봐요. 결과가 좋으면 좋은 거고, 아무리 노력했어도 원하는 게 나타나지 않기도 해요. 그렇지만 최선을 다하면 담담히 받아들이게 돼요.
Your career is progressing smoothly. How similar are you now to the future image you vaguely imagined for yourself in your early 20’s? I guess some people think that my career should be further along than it is now, or some people may say that I am a lot more successful than I deserve. Whatever the case, I try my best not to regret anything for the future, now I finally ended up here. I don’t think I can control the result. If the result is good, it is good. Sometimes you don’t get what you want to even though you put a lot of effort into it. If I did my best then I just accept the result.

반대로 전혀 예상하지 못했던 의외의 고민은 드라마든 영화든 작품을 할 수 있길 바랐지, 지금처럼 어떤 작품으로 어떤 연기를 해야 하는지 고민할 줄은 전혀 몰랐어요. 또 제게 팬이란 존재가 생기리라곤 상상도 못했어요. 연기는 오랫동안 해 왔기 때문에 작품을 할 때마다 어떻게 해야 할지 계산이 서지만 팬들은 어떻게 대해야 할지 고민이 많아요. 누가 정답을 알려줬으면 좋겠어요.
Did you have any unexpected worries that are opposite of your expectations? Back then, I only wished to do anything, drama or movies, I never expected to worry about what kind of work I was in or what kind of parts I will perform. Acting styles are rather easy to choose because I have been acting for a while, but it is difficult for me to know how to treat my fans. I wish someone would tell me the correct answer.

엘로 컬러 터틀넥 풀오버는 Munn, 모터 스포츠의 헤리티지를 재현한 PRS 516 워치는 Tissot.
The yellow color turtleneck pullover is from Munn, the PRS 516 watch that reproduced the heritage of motorsports is from Tissot.

29세의 남자 박서준은 자신의 삶에서 어떤 역할을 찾고 있나요 여러 가지가 있겠죠. 가족을 이야기하면 좀 더 살가운 아들이 되고 싶어요. 밖에서는 안 그런데 집에만 들어오면 무뚝뚝해요. 아무래도 누구보다 가까운 가족은 나를 잘 이해해 주겠지 하는 마음이 들잖아요. 나름 살갑게 대하려 노력하는데 잘 안 돼요. 친구들에게는 예전만큼 자주 보지 못하더라도 언제나 편하고 거리낌 없는 친구로 남고 싶고, 사회적으로는 사람들에게 받은 사랑을 돌려주고 싶기도 해요. 어려운 상황에 처한 사람들, 특히 아동들을 돕고 싶다는 막연한 생각을 갖고 있어요. 그러고 보니 제 인생 자체가 이런 막연함으로 굴러가는 것 같아요.
What kind of role is 29-year-old man Park Seo-joon searching for in his life? There are many. As a member of a family, I want to be a more affectionate son. I am not like that outside, but at home, I am pretty brusque (or blunt). I think my family will understand me well because we are the closest. I try to be more affectionate to them but it is not easy. For my friends, I want to remain comfortable and close, even though we don’t see each other as often as we did before, and as a member of society, I want to return all the love the fans give me. I have vague ideas of helping people of need, especially little kids. Come to think of it, my life goes on with these uncertainties.

삶의 행보가 멋져 보이는 사람은 글쎄요. 연기적인 고민을 하느라 인생의 롤모델에 대해 깊게 고민한 적 없었어요. 이건 나중에 생각해 봐야 할 문제인 것 같아요. 만약 그럴 만한 가치가 있는 사람을 찾는다 해도 제가 그런 인생을 살 수 있는 건 아닐 거예요. 그러니 저만의 것을 만들어 나가는 게 더 중요하다고 봐요.
Who is your role model? Well, I haven’t spent too much time thinking about role models because I am busy thinking about acting. I will think about it later. Even if I find someone to look up to, I don’t think I can live the same life. Therefore, I think it is more important to live my own way.

남은 20대의 시간 동안 해보고 싶은 건 그 시간도 결국 작품 하느라 고생하지 않을까 해요. 곧 새 영화 촬영에 들어가는데 매번 그랬듯 잘해 내고 싶어요. 그리고 연말에는 을 보고 있겠죠. ‘그때 왜 저렇게 했지?’ 하고 자책하면서.
What do you want to do for the rest of your 20’s? I think I will spend my time working hard. I am going to be in a new movie soon and I want to do it well. And I will watch Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth at the end of year while blaming myself, “Why did I do that before?”

크로스 패턴의 블루종과 팬츠는 Louis Vuitton.
Cross patterned blouson and pants are from Louis Vuitton.

블루종과 그레이 팬츠, 블랙 더비 슈즈는 모두 Louis Vuitton. Blouson, gray pants, and black derby shoes are all from Louis Vuitton.

카키 컬러의 벨티드 코트와 실버 네크리스는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
The khaki color belted coat and silver necklace are both from Louis Vuitton.

스웨이드 블루종은 Louis Vuitton.
The suede blouson is from Louis Vuitton.

CLOTHING
[1] 카키 컬러 니트 슬리브리스 톱과 블랙 팬츠는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Khaki color knit sleeveless top and black pants are both by Louis Vuitton
[2] 네이비 트렌치코트와 버튼업 셔츠, 네이비 팬츠, 블랙 더비 슈즈는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Navy trench coat, button-up shirt, navy pants and black derby shoes are all from Louis Vuitton
[3] 스트라이프 셔츠는 Munn, 24개국 수도의 타임존이 표기된 헤리티지 네비게이터 워치는 Tissot, 네이비 터틀넥은 스타일리스트 소장품.
Stripe shirts are from Munn, the heritage navigator watch with time zones of 24 capital cities is from Tissot, the navy turtleneck is from the stylist’s private collection.
[4] 카키 컬러 터틀넥 풀오버는 Louis Vuitton.
The khaki color turtleneck pullover is from Louis Vuitton
[5] 밀리터리 스타일의 베스트와 네이비 팬츠, 블랙 워커는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Military-style best, navy pants, Black boots are all Louis Vuitton
[6] 엘로 컬러 터틀넥 풀오버는 Munn, 모터 스포츠의 헤리티지를 재현한 PRS 516 워치는 Tissot.
The yellow color turtleneck pullover is from Munn, the PRS 516 watch that reproduced the heritage of motorsports is from Tissot.
[7] 크로스 패턴의 블루종과 팬츠는 Louis Vuitton.
Cross patterned blouson and pants are from Louis Vuitton
[8] 블루종과 그레이 팬츠, 블랙 더비 슈즈는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
Blouson, gray pants, and black derby shoes are all from Louis Vuitton.
[9] 카키 컬러의 벨티드 코트와 실버 네크리스는 모두 Louis Vuitton.
The khaki color belted coat and silver necklace are both from Louis Vuitton
[10] 스웨이드 블루종은 Louis Vuitton.
The suede blouson is from Louis Vuitton
[11] No information given

credit: dramamilk

• Like 3