Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

From Park Bo Gum to Kim Soo Hyun: 5 cameos in KDramas that are unforgettable

Korean Dramas aren’t entering into the mainstream streaming sites for nothing - they have quite a few things that make them appealing. Like cameos! Check our favourite cameos here.

Imagine this: You’re deeply invested in a KDrama. And suddenly, you see a familiar face as a stranger. No, it’s not the lead actors. Or the supporting cast. It’s your favourite actor from another show! And what you just witnessed was a cameo! Cameos are just a different form of blessing that make KDramas so appealing! 

First things first, the shows we’re going to talk about today are - Record of Youth, Itaewon Class, Crash Landing On You, Kingdom Season 2 and Start Up. So if you haven’t watched them and are planning to, there will be spoilers. From romantic genres to thrillers, whether they have a connection with the cast or the director, even the busiest of actors squeez time in to make a cameo for their friends! Here’s a list of my top favourite cameos! Shall we start? 

Park Seo Joon -  ‘Record Of Youth’ 

park_seo_joon_wm.png?itok=kkmiGFBD

One of the most gorgeous talents to star in the Korean acting industry, Park Seo Joon has been setting hearts aflutter since his very first project. Stepping into the spotlight with ‘Kill Me, Heal Me’ and ‘She Was Pretty’, he has come very far. Since then, apart from several other dramas and movies, he has done two cameos. In the drama ‘Record of Youth’, he played the character of Song Min Soo, a highly-popular celebrity who is friends with our lead Sa Hye Jun (Park Bo Gum). Talk about recreating real life into reel life! Another cameo was not in a drama, but the Oscar-winning movie ‘Parasite’, where he played Min-Hyuk, our lead character’s friend. As for what he did and said during the cameos, we don’t want to spoil the surprise. Viewers are highly recommended to check them out.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/park-bo-gum-kim-soo-hyun-5-cameos-kdramas-are-unforgettable-686702

• Like 5

I feel like he's always there in every list generated..lol! from the acting to the visual related list and even the works he's done...so proud of him :wub: he's the best..at least for me, for jeomju :blush: 

Thanks @willenette for the update :thumbsup:

Guys, suddenly i remember, whatever happened to Korean Actors 200 project? i've never heard of it again..

I wonder if he's already busy with the pre production activities this week..well yesterday the wedding photoshoot for starter..

ps. currently i'm rewatching FFMW..lol! my withdrawal syndrome is starting..

• Like 4

@ivanovie25 Yes, if there's any new updates about Seojun related to the movie, you can post it here and on the movie's thread too :)

The Actor Is Present will release 20 (or 15?) actors' bios every week on monday if i'm not mistaken. It's just not Seojun's turn yet. I'm looking forward to his bio and pic though :eats2:

Strangely, i still don't feel the withdrawal syndrome yet. Maybe bcs i'm quite hectic these days. I guess it will hit me this weekend. I better be prepared for that :joy:

Ey-Rz-Pfo-Vo-AETEAX-jpeg.jpg

Ziozia Summer New Item

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Anjalifairy oh it's still going on? I thought it stopped..lol! Can't wait for his turn :hooray:

Actually i'm quite busy also at work with meetings lol! but maybe because i'm still working from home that i still find time to chill and think of him :selfie2:

@Gisell Gisell i'm sorry i couldn't find Na PD's account :( i forgot the key word..

• Like 3

The director's cut of YS will be broadcast this friday for 5 minutes on TvN at 10.40pm KST. And the full version will be released on Na PD Youtube channel.

Yaassss! :gangnamstyle: I thought it's odd and it's so not Na PD style without director's cut

@ivanovie25 looks like my withdrawal syndrome will be postponed lol

@Gisell Gisell this is Na PD youtube channel

https://youtube.com/c/채널십오야

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

20 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

The director's cut of YS will be broadcast this friday for 5 minutes on TvN at 10.40pm KST. And the full version will be released on Na PD Youtube channel.

Yaassss! :gangnamstyle: I thought it's odd and it's so not Na PD style without director's cut

Thanks a lot for your info. :foryou:Then I will postpone the DM to Na PD. :blush: Actually I did DM Mrs. Yang even though I know it is not related to her. Lol. 

@ivanovie25 Ahh.. I also forget the Actor is Present. So we still have something to look forward. I am starting to watch YK2 now. Gosh.. I think I need Seo Jun everyday. Lol. :sparklyeyes: 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeay!! i knew it, Na PD wouldn't say goodbye without behind the scene..and those 3 probably met up for that lunch/dinner gathering :D

only 5 minutes on TvN?? So stingy TvN :unamused: it's like replacing commercial in between program..booo..

Thank you @Anjalifairy for this wonderful news :approves:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Gisell Gisell lol so wishy washy we are xD Awesome betrayed us by not giving us Record's Park this week. They have Dazed bts, Vogue Man HK bts. No excuse for not releasing anything. So i love Na PD more than Awesome.. for now:joy:

I am waiting next week for Record Park's. If there is nothing for his Jeomju, then I will go for DM again. Lol. No idea Mrs. Yang will notice it but at least she knows how much we love our Seo Jun. :heart:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

If director’s cut don’t have any Seo Jun’s b-day celebration... Na PD should really expect the legal case coming along his way lol 

Agree. Lol. I did mention to Mrs. Yang how can Na PD didnt give us Director's Cut like YK2 but the most important thing is how can they didnt show the small celebration of Seo Jun's birthday. Well, pretty long DM and crying emoticon. Lol. 

I really hope Na PD will show it to us. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

19 hours ago, ivanovie25 said:

Thanks @willenette for the update :thumbsup:

Guys, suddenly i remember, whatever happened to Korean Actors 200 project? i've never heard of it again..

I wonder if he's already busy with the pre production activities this week..well yesterday the wedding photoshoot for starter..

ps. currently i'm rewatching FFMW..lol! my withdrawal syndrome is starting..

@ivanovie25, the last news I know about this is a catalogue featuring all these carefully composed pictures of the (200) actors is scheduled to be published soon under the title THE ACTOR IS PRESENT and will be distributed to representatives of film companies and organizations around the world. So far, no exact date yet when they will publish this. Well, more details on this campaign can be found on the dedicated website accessible through KOFIC website (www.kobiz.or.kr). :popcornjackson:  

Ohhh......FFMW is really worth-watching. I didn't regret watching this. The show is truly about the characters. Seriously, there is so much to love in this drama! :wut: 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fight For My Way, The King: Eternal Monarch & more: 5 Kdramas that depict healthy romantic relationships well

K-Dramas have effectively set the bar for what you should look for in relationships.

Korean romance dramas are often relegated to being unrealistic portrayals of relationships and dating, especially by those who haven't ever really watched one whole K-Drama through to the end. However, a true K-Drama fan would know better than anyone else that K-Dramas are idealistic situations that really aren't that far from reality. The relationships portrayed in K-Dramas are built on the principles of mutual love and respect above anything else and as such, they lead to fulfilling fairy-tale-like love stories. There's nothing fantastical about them except for the fact that two people who claim to love each other, actually do. Perhaps expecting basic decency, honesty, trust and respect might be unrealistic to some but for the rest, it is absolutely rightful. 

Here are 5 K-Dramas that perfectly depict healthy relationships:

Fight For My Way - Ko Dong Man & Choi Ae Ra, Kim Joo Man & Baek Seol Hee

Through the lens of a bright youth drama, Fight For My Way perfectly shows the intricacies and complexities of love and relationships. From a newly formed couple to a mature one, no relationship is quite the same. Ko Dong Man and Choi Ae Ra have a different love language than Kim Joo Man and Baek Seol Hee and yet they're oddly similar in that the people in those relationships have unending respect for each other. They support each others' dreams, even if it takes a little time to get used to it. They care for each other and are protective but never suffocating. If that's not the definition of a healthy relationship, we don't know what it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/5-korean-dramas-depict-healthy-romantic-relationships-better-anything-else-685779

• Like 5

‘Youn’s Kitchen’ Comes Under Fire for Translating Racist Comments as Compliments

20171222104331567661_0_795_1125.jpeg

From a few days ago, Youn’s Kitchen was heavily criticized for its mistranslation. But the production team’s attempt to overlook the issue is making people even angrier than before.

Recently, controversy over the misinterpretation in Youn’s Kitchen 2 went viral online, causing public outrage. During one of the episodes, a customer said, “They look like gays,” referring to Park Seo Joon and Lee Seo Jin. Then, the production mistranslated the comment into “They are hot.”

When the criticism mounted, tvN deleted the clip from its official YouTube channel. However, they did not issue a further explanation or apology.

There was a voice about the misinterpretation three years ago, right after the release. But the production team chose not to respond. Back on March 19th in 2018, an individual posted an article titled “Episode 8 Misinterpretation: Discriminatory Remarks.”

606b9ecb270000b636c85248.jpeg Credit: tvN

Episode 8 Misinterpretation: Discriminatory Remarks

The person wrote, “Hello, I’m a student living in Germany. There were misinterpretations and discriminatory remarks in the 8th episode when the ratings soared up. I am writing this to correct the misinterpretation.”

He pointed out that the comment, “There are two Korean gays here,” was translated as “There are two good-looking Koreans here.” But this wasn’t the only misinterpretation. According to him, “They make good pancakes” was initially, “These people don’t even know how to make hotcakes.”

He then criticized the production staff, saying, “I can only speak Korean, German, and English. So I don’t how accurate Youn’s Stay translations are. But watching so many errors in German translation that barely surface, I can’t trust other translations either. Besides, they translated the discriminatory remarks into positive comments. Therefore, it’s not easy to tell whether the intention is to make all interpretations positive and show only positive aspects to the viewers or whether they have poorly done the translation.

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210406000011098

• Like 2

Mmm..that makes sense..It makes us questioning the rest of the translation for the languages other than english. I still can't believe they gave comments like that knowing that it's all recorded. And they don't like Hotteok, while all this time we thought they all liked it, but that's not a nice way to criticize something that we don't like especially something that is new to us; perhaps that's just how it is..aarrghh..i'm having a trust issue here

So curious, I found the episode and watched it again that part..

• Like 2

Extraordinary You, What's Wrong With Secretary Kim & more: 6 Webtoon based KDramas that stole our hearts!

With webtoon-adapted KDramas on the rise, we take a look at the webtoon-based dramas that walked (quite famously) so that the upcoming KDramas could run. Take a look at our top picks here.

With KDramas exploding over the globe, the influx of new ideas is getting a run for its money.

With so many new shows coming out each year, many follow a set pattern, in a set genre.

However, there are some shows out there that have been adapted from webtoons, and hence feature some new and exciting storylines. While the shows may not be able to cover all the minor scenes and plotlines that the original creator introduced, they have still made some incredible stuff for fans to enjoy.

In this article, we are bringing you a list of shows that do justice to their webtoon origins. With genres spanning romance, comedy, supernatural, experimental, there is something for everyone. After going through these, you will probably wonder the same things that we do. Why aren’t more adaptations being produced? And where can I even find these webtoons? Though you can find the webtoons on the net easily enough, the first question keeps us awake at night.

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim

whats_wrong_with_secretary_kim.jpg?itok=

This show is based on the webtoon created by Kim Myeong Mi, and drew the attention of a global audience. Unfazed by issues plaguing other adaptations, the show has remained true to the beloved webtoon. It has managed to truly capture the essence of the writing, and built upon it in a very pleasing manner. The story of how a billionaire VP falls in love with his overworked secretary of nine years, it sets the heart aflutter. 

Itaewon Class

itaewon_class_0.jpg?itok=sbcBi2sh

It seems like after the show became a hit, some people thought it was because of the story spun by Netflix. And that is so not the case. Based on the webtoon with the same name, the creator Kwang Jin is the genius behind it. Though a couple of minor plot arcs might have been missed here and there, the larger picture has been followed through. The main plot is about a character called Park Sae Ro Yi, who gets jailed for attempted murder and makes a vow to bring down the business tycoon who caused him so much loss. Starring Park Seo Joon as the lead, the show is a must watch for all the fans out there.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/extraordinary-you-whats-wrong-secretary-kim-more-6-webtoon-based-kdramas-stole-our-hearts-688961

• Like 4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNW6PzEBoDT/?igshid=gtomvlea1jo5

Bts of director's cut :heart4:

Why Seojun always has that 5:5 part hairdo in every director's cut?!:joy: Is that his hair back to black again?

According to k-jeomju, the director's cut was filmed just yesterday. So it's different event from the last march gathering..

Edit : they said it based on Yumi's stylist IG update where she posted Yumi in the same exact outfit as in the photo yesterday. So that's the recent look of Seojun. Or Minsung? XD

ABB2-ET1101-LBE.jpg

Ziozia (constant) new update :D

cr. Naver shopping

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Lol! tbh I'm not fond of his 5:5 part hairdo but he keeps sporting it :sweat_smile: I'll have to endure it if Minsung really is having that hairstyle :D

ah..he's so skinny, i hope he gains weight again once ConPia is done..oh he will, because he will switch to Hongdae :getmygrooveon:

I can't wait for Friday..it looks like Na PD is reading a letter?

• Like 4