Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Talking about the making of LYJ from the master himself :glasses: It amazed me that he's gone through detailed preparations to bring LYJ alive with the specific mannerism and gestures that are uniquely his and his only..

Don't forget to turn on CC

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Who gets to talk the most to Young Junnie? Of course - it’s Lee Young Joon :joy:

LYJ loves talking to LYJ, he’s too good to have convos with other people :dontwanna:

18 minutes ago, ivanovie25 said:

Talking about the making of LYJ from the master himself :glasses: It amazed me that he's gone through detailed preparations to bring LYJ alive with the specific mannerism and gestures that are uniquely his and his only..

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jeomju1216 said:

Who gets to talk the most to Young Junnie? Of course - it’s Lee Young Joon :joy:

LYJ loves talking to LYJ, he’s too good to have convos with other people :dontwanna:

Young Joonie's  even talking to his sexy brain and never disappointing stomach  :joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, ivanovie25 said:

Don't forget to turn on CC

Wow never watched the whole interview before...thanks for sharing. 

It is amazed me that how much works he's prepared for his character and even it is a Rom-Com. 

He had created a lovable and yet sex-charming funny vice president.  

When people said he was not handsome enough to play LYJ, he proofed that his acting skill can transform him to be anyone. I am so happy he took this role but also sad that this is his last Rom-Com. 

I hope he will change his mind to play in rom-com again in the future. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, yaya1241 said:

It is amazed me that how much works he's prepared for his character and even it is a Rom-Com. 

When people said he was not handsome enough to play LYJ, he proofed that his acting skill can transform him to be anyone. I am so happy he took this role but also sad that this is his last Rom-Com. 

I hope so too..Maybe he will, because he once said that now his criteria in choosing a role is added with what the fans want to see :blush:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, yaya1241 said:

This interview was an eye opener for me :crazymad: I was just as amazed as you were - the amount of detailing that went to creating LYJ was amazing :wow1:

I read the webtoon after the fact, Seo Jun created a nuanced version of LYJ and made it completely his own. I dare say LYJ from the drama is way more tolerable because of the comedic elements Seo Jun brought to life, not once did he come across as annoying despite playing a narcissistic character.

Proud Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

For me, the best part about Seo Jun in rom-coms is that you can feel his raw emotions while performing love scenes, he does them like he means it :dontwanna: 

Dearly miss him on-screen :dissapointed_relieved: - I hope we get to see some Seo Jun light up on the big screen soon :piggydance:

6 hours ago, ivanovie25 said:

I hope so too..Maybe he will, because he once said that now his criteria in choosing a role is added with what the fans want to see :blush:

I hope so too :cutekitty:

Korean Drama Love GIF by The Swoon

6 hours ago, Gisell Gisell said:

My aura man. I really miss him much :heart:

Me too, when will we get to see Seo Jun next? Waiting for his movie premiere wave, he’s so fine :heart2:

I will rush to the cinemas when Conpia and Dream release :eats:

Korean Drama Smile GIF by The Swoon

Spoiler
  • Like 7

*** Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Sik’s clip kiss scene, which is a funny scene suddenly went viral again. They shared an intimate moment as if they were a real couple. hahaha - We know that these scenes come from the KBS sitcom called Shut Up Family. This is one of their works when they were just starting their careers. After this show, they became close friends.   :Megalol:

park-seo-joon-and-choi-woo-siks-kiss-103

• Like 8

Have a safe trip & stay healthy ! Fighting !!! 

[Exclusive] 'Isolation Release' Park Seo-joon joins 'Dream' team in Hungary today (3rd)

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/230/NB12049230.html

Actor Park Seo-joon (35) departed for Hungary for overseas filming.

According to industry sources on the 3rd, Park Seo-joon boarded a plane for Hungary this morning to film the movie 'Dream (Director Byung-hun Lee)' overseas.

It is said that Park Seo-joon, who was worried as he was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19/COVID-19) recently, has been working hard to prevent safety and has left the country in good health. Park Seo-joon was diagnosed with COVID-19 on the 19th of last month and entered self-isolation, and was released on the 25th.

As a result, I wanted the red light to come on even for the early filming of 'Dream' in Hungary, but the 'Dream' team decided that some staff and actors departed sequentially from the end of February according to the schedule, and Park Seo-joon was the last to join.

'Dream', which received attention as director Lee Byung-hun's new work on 'Extreme Job', tells the story of soccer player Hong Dae (Park Seo-joon), who is in crisis of his career, challenging the homeless World Cup with the homeless. It cranked in in May 2020, but filming is continuing for a long time in the aftermath of Corona 19.

In particular, as important overseas filming was essential for the story, even in a situation where some domestic films gave up filming abroad and devised other measures, they waited for the possibility of filming abroad until the end. And after 2 years of cranking, Hungarian filming became a reality.

The 'Dream' team will be filming for a month in March and then return to Korea within the month. Most of the actors, including the main actors such as Park Seo-joon and IU, are expected to leave the country to complete a large-scale scene. It is said that safety will be the top priority for filming in the local area.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, yaya1241 said:

Have a safe trip & stay healthy ! Fighting !!! 

[Exclusive] 'Isolation Release' Park Seo-joon joins 'Dream' team in Hungary today (3rd)

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/230/NB12049230.html

Actor Park Seo-joon (35) departed for Hungary for overseas filming.

According to industry sources on the 3rd, Park Seo-joon boarded a plane for Hungary this morning to film the movie 'Dream (Director Byung-hun Lee)' overseas.

It is said that Park Seo-joon, who was worried as he was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19/COVID-19) recently, has been working hard to prevent safety and has left the country in good health. Park Seo-joon was diagnosed with COVID-19 on the 19th of last month and entered self-isolation, and was released on the 25th.

As a result, I wanted the red light to come on even for the early filming of 'Dream' in Hungary, but the 'Dream' team decided that some staff and actors departed sequentially from the end of February according to the schedule, and Park Seo-joon was the last to join.

'Dream', which received attention as director Lee Byung-hun's new work on 'Extreme Job', tells the story of soccer player Hong Dae (Park Seo-joon), who is in crisis of his career, challenging the homeless World Cup with the homeless. It cranked in in May 2020, but filming is continuing for a long time in the aftermath of Corona 19.

In particular, as important overseas filming was essential for the story, even in a situation where some domestic films gave up filming abroad and devised other measures, they waited for the possibility of filming abroad until the end. And after 2 years of cranking, Hungarian filming became a reality.

The 'Dream' team will be filming for a month in March and then return to Korea within the month. Most of the actors, including the main actors such as Park Seo-joon and IU, are expected to leave the country to complete a large-scale scene. It is said that safety will be the top priority for filming in the local area.

@yaya1241  thanks for sharing this. Good news! I'm glad that he's well now.  'Dream' has been delayed for a long time due to the global pandemic. Finally...............after two years, the 'Dream' team finally succeeded in scheduling the difficult overseas filming in Hungary.  TODAY March 3, his agency Awesome ENT said that he left for Hungary this

morning. wish all the very best for the cast and staff members!   :popcornjackson:

• Like 8

PARK SEO JUN INTERVIEW WITH THE GUARDIAN 

In an early scene of Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite, a brief conversation between rich student Min-hyuk and his friend Ki-woo proves a crucial moment in the multi-Oscar winning film. “Tutor a rich kid. It pays well,” the scooter-riding Min-hyuk tells the impoverished Ki-woo, who lives in a semi-basement home with his family. And when Min-hyuk offers Ki-woo the opportunity to take over his job as a tutor for the rich Park family, he acts as a bridge between the two worlds, and sets the plot of the film in motion.

Min-hyuk is played by Park Seo-joon, and despite the brevity of Park’s appearance in Parasite, it will have been the first time most international audiences will have got a good look at him. Park is a big name in South Korea however, thanks to a string of successful domestic TV series – mostly romantic comedies such as She Was Pretty and Fight for My Way – and the Netflix hit Itaewon Class. Now his international profile is about to be raised, after it was confirmed he will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe for Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels, appearing alongside Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Zawe Ashton, making him the third South Korean actor to join the MCU.

“When I first heard that the Marvel Cinematic Universe wanted to speak with me, I couldn’t believe it. I actually couldn’t believe it,” Park says. He remains tight-lipped over the actual details, however. “I’m just trying to be careful with Marvel-related questions,” he laughs, looking a bit stressed. It’s no surprise, MCU actors are sworn to secrecy. “I’m not someone who has a fear of challenges, but whether I am filming in South Korea or abroad, everything is a challenge for me. So, I did feel some nerves at first. But everyone was so helpful and welcoming that I was able to find my feet really quickly.”

On the day we speak, Park is in Seoul, having just got back from filming in London. He looks lively in a green bomber jacket and denim shirt, and is happy to start talking before his LA-based management joins the call to monitor any sensitive Marvel information. “I didn’t come from a wealthy family and we had to move around a lot as a result, but I was able to meet a lot of different people at school and that made me more mature.” He pauses. “Some of my earliest memories from childhood are of me just trying to find my way, instead of memories of being happy all the time.”

Spoiler

The themes of Korean social inequality and financial difficulties that Parasite so brilliantly exposed have also found their way into Park’s other work. In the 2017 series Fight for My Way, Park played a taekwondo athlete, Ko Dong-man, who is forced to cancel his dreams of going to the Olympics after being burdened by his family debts and his sister’s life-changing surgery. Dong-man quits his dream and becomes a pest exterminator. “People in their 20s in South Korea are actually having a lot of difficulties, when it comes to just living in general,” Park says. “During my early days of acting, it was very difficult for me. In your 20s you have to work really hard but also be careful with everything. Life, love, career, passion – everything. Fight for My Way was one of the best dramas that could possibly portray these feelings. I could connect with Dong-man. At times, he failed and got frustrated with himself but he endured and showed up for himself. Among all the young people who were struggling, I got to express one young person’s hardships.”

In Itaewon Class, Park plays an ex-convict. On the surface it’s a story about revenge and retribution but it also features strong social commentary about how the rich abuse power. It was an instant success. “Itaewon Class appeared in the midst of the Korean movies and drama boom, and I got to make a lot of international fans,” says Park. It was only a matter of time before the world woke up to the world of Korean film and TV, the actor believes. Netflix and other streaming platforms gave international audiences access to these projects, and he says the Korean entertainment industry offered something new. “I personally feel that South Korea has been making a lot of effort and spending a lot of time creating good quality films and series, but it’s always been a bit of a hidden gem. There are a lot of good films and dramas and I want them to be recognised. I feel proud that I am able to contribute to this Korean boom.”

Park is also part of Wooga Squad (“I don’t know why we named it that; it just happened”), a friendship group with actor Choi Woo-Shik (who starred as Ki-woo in Parasite), BTS member V, actor Park Hyung-sik and artist Peakboy. “They are really good friends to me and very comforting,” Park says. It appears they help him deal with the intense pressure on Korean actors and “idols”. “Not only do we share the same values, thoughts and perspectives on things but we are in similar industries, and so we are able to share advice. We try to comfort each other as human beings, because what I am going through could be something that the others might go through in the future.”

I ask him what he does to relax. “I haven’t found the solution to that one yet!” he says. I tell him I picked up crocheting to help cope during the early days of the pandemic. A little puzzled at what I am attempting to act out, he turns to the interpreter. “Crocheting?” But once he realises what I am recommending, he laughs. “OK, I’ll try it!”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/mar/03/park-seo-joon-marvel-bts-netflix-itaewon-class

• Like 5
  • Love 3

@Anjalifairy thanks for sharing. Good to hear he talked about The Marvels and glade that he seems adapted well with UK crews. Just hope his scenes will be more than ma dong seok in Eternals. 

By the way, i really love Seo Jun in short hair. Looks so sharp ,fresh and extremely handsome. 

I know I probably mentioned this before ... that he looks somehow a little bit different after return from UK . 

Maybe more mature and manly ?! ... in all good way :)  

• Like 5