[Sitcom 2013] POTATO★STAR 2013QR3 감자별

ahhh, finally found this thread.  does anyone know if this sitcom will be subbed? i'm actually quite interested in watching it...Ha Yeon Soo has won me over in the previews, haha.  So nice to see a different side to her then what i see of her in Monstar!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoon KyeSang Confirmed For Cameo20130914_1379118873_68296300_1.jpg
Actor Yoon Kye Sang shows loyalty to 'Highkick' PD Kim ByungOk.
On the 14th, tvN confirmed that the actor would cameo in the new daily sitcom 'Potato Star 2013QR3'.Yoon Kye Sang had previously starred in the sitcom, 'Highkick! Revenge of the Short-Legged', where he forged a relationship with PD Kim ByungOk. His 'Highkick' character was a surprisingly stubborn doctor. Despite his bright smiles, his straightforward and overly-frank attitude annoyed many of the other characters on the show. 
SOURCE
Hm, I wonder if his character will be continued from the Highkick series or replaced by a new one...I remember he was not only annoying, but his storyline was left open-ended... (which might be wrong since I didn't watch the show too carefully...Highkick 3 was my least favorite). Anyways, I love it when different TV worlds collide so that would be cool if he's character is carried over :)

Guest jjsweeter0211

[Photo] The Cast of ′Potato Star 2013QR3′ Gears Up for Premiere

interesting

32972321.jpg

Kim Kwang Kyu, Lee Soon Jae and Oh Young Shil are veterans in the biz. 

On September 16, the cast of tvN′s upcoming sitcom, ′Potato Star 2013QR3′ appeared at the press conference at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Nonhyeon, Seoul. 

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

37273371.jpg

Whereas Yeo Jin Gu, Ha Yeon Soo and Ko Kyung Pyo are the young′uns! 

On September 16, the cast of tvN′s upcoming sitcom, ′Potato Star 2013QR3′ appeared at the press conference at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Nonhyeon, Seoul. 

83298234.jpg

Julien Kang, Seo Yeaji and Jang Ki Ha send love and greetings. 

35938916.jpg

Geum Bora looks a little austere. 

69780624.jpg

Choi Song Hyun speaks to the press. 

87968631.jpg

Kim Jung Min looks ready for a wedding. 

81715441.jpg

We expect Kim Kwang Kyu to be hilarious as always. 

99192193.jpg

Indie singer Jang Kiha takes a turn at acting

17404860.jpg

Everyone′s favorite halbae, Lee Soon Jae! 

93711136.jpg

Seo Yaeji sports a blinging necklace. 

40766048.jpg

Geum Bora could kill you with one look. 

69591757.jpg

Ko Kyung Pyo looks a little startled. 

45945102.jpg

Yeo Jin Gu does not look his age. At all. 

22023572.jpg

The cast, from super young to super old. 

10524937.jpg

Choi Song Hyun sports a flashy top. 

76116971.jpg

Oh Young Shil in a tartan ensemble. 

53812291.jpg

Kim Kwang Kyu never ceases to make us smile.

83882239.jpg

Lee Soon Jae also has that skill. 

82166452.jpg

Seo Yeaji takes the spotlight in red. 

93772036.jpg

How will Jang Kiha be at acting?

66681379.jpg

PD Kim Byung Wook leads another stellar cast. 

39913740.jpg

Lighten up Ko Kyung Pyo! 

78665619.jpg

Yeo Jin Gu, getting bigger by the day. 

30215735.jpg

Ha Yeon Soo in her second major television role.

58587217.jpg

Ha Yeon Soo looks a little serious for a sitcom!

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/46195

Guest Jenny Matthews

naya said: ahhh, finally found this thread.  does anyone know if this sitcom will be subbed? i'm actually quite interested in watching it...Ha Yeon Soo has won me over in the previews, haha.  So nice to see a different side to her then what i see of her in Monstar!

Finally ..the press conference of Potato star..thank you for all pics and videos..i'm looking forward for this drama because of ha yeon soo, she's really won my heart since monstar..and when i watched the previews..i've got really excitedmy min seyi is really beautiful, her simplicity at it's the best, i can't get bored by looking her face..i think she has a beautiful eyes i ever seen, i love her smile

From jnkm of Soompi News:
class="content-title" Ha Yeon Soo Compares Her Two Kiss Scenes with Yong Jun Hyung and Yeo Jin Goo Ha Yeon Soo Compares Her Two Kiss Scenes with Yong Jun Hyung and Yeo Jin Goo

Ha Yeon Soo recently compared her kiss scenes with Yong Jun Hyung and Yeo Jin Goo.

On September 16, the press conference for “Potato Star 2013QR3” was held at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul. There, Ha Yeon Soo revealed, “I filmed a kiss scene with Yeo Jin Goo recently. We got a lot of mosquito bites but the filming ended successfully.”

When asked to compare her kiss scene with Yong Jun Hyung in “Monstar” with the one she filmed with Yeo Jin Goo, Ha Yeon Soo answered, “Both kiss scenes took similar amounts of time to film. I think the filming for ‘Monstar’ went more smoothly since Yong Jun Hyung oppa is more experienced. Yeo Jin Goo said it was his first kiss scene and felt bad.”

“Potato Star” is the new sitcom series directed by the “High Kick” series PD, Kim Byung Wook. It is about a strange star that falls near the Noh family’s home and the events that occur from it. Ha Yeon Soo plays the role of Na Jin Ah, who is the breadwinner of a poor family. Yeo Jin Goo plays a computer programmer, who gets involved in the house of Noh.

Although Ha Yeon Soo and Yeo Jin Goo play characters who are around the same age, they are actually seven years apart in real life!

Ha Yeon Soo commented, “Yeo Jin Goo and I are seven years apart. I am older,” and “So I was really worried over the love line with him. But fortunately, we look similar in age. Even though I do get wrinkles around my eyes when I laugh, I think it will be okay.”

Then Yeo Jin Goo added, “Since I look old for my age and nuna looks young for her age, it’s okay. I was worried too but after working together and monitoring our scenes, the director and I smiled. Our big worries went away.”

Meanwhile, “Potato Star” stars Lee Soon Jae, No Joo Hyun, Geum Bora, Yeo Jin Goo, Ko Kyung Pyo, Ha Yeon Soo, Seo Ye Ji, Kim Jung Min, Choi Song Hyun, Jang Ki Ha, Oh Young Shil and Kim Kwang Gyu. It will air its pilot episode on September 23.

Guest JAYwalkers

Yeo Jin Gu, Ha Yeon Soo, and Cast of ‘Potato Star’ Wish You Happy Chuseok

2013.09.18 18:00  CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

With the major holiday approaching, the cast of the upcoming tvN sitcom, Potato Star 2013QR3 wished its future viewers happy Chuseok.

34997819.jpg

From Yeo Jin Gu to Geum Bora, the cast of Potato Star 2013QR3 sent their well-wished greetings for Chuseok and hoped everyone would spend a good time with family and lots of food. 

Meanwhile, Potato Star 2013QR3 begins on September 23. 

Photo credit: tvN

Just in case anybody isn't aware, I've been continuously updating the title/first post of the thread with all the updates so far. So check it out if you're looking for an organized list!
PRESS CONFERENCE INTERVIEW VIDS TRANSLATED

HA YEON SOOQ: Your character on the show is 'temp king' (holding various small jobs). Any real-life experience?A: I worked continuously for five years since my freshman year in high school, so I have a lot of experience. I've lived on my own for a while as well, so I'm very interested in house-keeping and am rather sensitive about how I arrange my stuff. After living independently, I think it's natural to become a bit like an ajumma (a korean housewife). 
Q: Who brightens the mood on set?A: (Kyung-Po answering) I actually said this before in the other interview, but Yeon-soo has an important role with lots of lines. So her schedule is always busy, she films around 4-5 days out of the week. But she's always smiling and full of energy despite probably being more tired than anyone else. Yeon-soo is definitely the brightest on set; and when she's with Kim Kwangkyu, their synergy is explosive. 
Q: What is it like filming with Lee Soonjae?A: During the first script-reading, it was like I was seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time. Because he is such an amazing actor, I learned a lot by just watching him. I had another reading with him recently, and it was very good.
Q: What kind of actor do you want to be?A: I originally didn't want to be an actor, it was something that came to me slowly. Actors develop their own acting-style through time, and so, I would really like to have my own color/style. Fortunately, the director gave me the opportunity to play such a great character, so I hope that I can develop my style through this project. I'll work hard ~:)

GO KYUNGPOHello, I'm Go Kyungpo. I'll be playing Harvard-graduate, Noh MinHyuk.
Q: How did you prepare for your role as a CEO?A: I'm actually bad at english, but because I need to be able to speak like a native, I've been paying more attention to my pronunciations. Rrrrreally? Rrrrrevolution? Rrrradio? I've been practicing things like this a bit. *laugh* Now that I look back at the scenes we shot, I think I was more nervous because I had to say my english lines in front of Julien. For more english scenes in the future, I''ll be preparing and practicing even more.
Q: Any interesting stories from the set?A: I'm actually a bit slouchy. But because my character is a CEO, I have to walk with my chest out, speak more confidently in front of others, and give strong eye-contact. So on set, people have been saying that I've let the stardom get to my head, even though that's not the case.
Q: Any future roles you have in mind?A: I'll work hard and be grateful for any roles. A lot of people support the image I have now, and I don't think it's a bad idea to continue my current image. I'm always open to comedic roles. And if the opportunity for my image to change comes, I'll work hard at that too. 
Q: Any hope/promises for high ratings?A: More than ratings, I hope that the actors will get a lot of CF (commerical) deals. I think that will be the best. I really want to film a CF... please consider me, thank you.. *Yeo Jingoo and Ha Yeonsoo clap enthusiastically* 

YEO JINGOOHello, I'm Yeo Jingoo. I'll be playing Hong Yesung, a guy who dreams to be the Korean Mark Zuckerberg (creator of facebook). I live next door to Jinah (played by Ha YeonSoo).
Q: Your kiss scene with Ha YeonSoo...?A: In my previous dramas, there were scenes where it was a light peck on the cheek/lips, but this time I had to film a kiss scene, so I was a bit worried. But after the filming, I was glad and grateful to see that it came out well. During the filming, it felt a bit like Nuna (referring to Yeonsoo) felt bad about it. I don't think she needed to feel that bad about it... *laugh* (looks at Yeonsoo) It's OK, Nuna.
Q: Playing an adult role despite being a child-actor age?A: In terms of looks, I wasn't that worried at all because my face looks older and my partner's face looks so young. 'I hope I don't look too young,' I didn't think these thoughts at all. Rather, I wanted my acting be more mature so I discussed it a lot with the director.
Q: The reasoning behind choosing a comedic role after so many serious ones?A: I actually am a big fan of the sitcom genre; and I really enjoy watching Kim ByungOk PD's sitcoms. So I've been thinking about doing a sitcom role for a while. Luckily, I get a chance to work with not only a great PD, but with so many great actors. 
Q: Isn't it difficult to be a student and to act at the same time?A: I'm trying, but it's actually very hard. In middle-school, it felt OK to skip school at times, but now in highschool, I'm finding that I'm falling behind when i miss too many days. Even if I study hard the day before the test, it's difficult to get good grades. It makes me sad and wonder if I should work harder, but to hold onto two things at once... I'm trying, but I'm not sure how things will turn out.
Q: How are you preparing for the future?A: I think through 'Potato Star', I'll be able to show everyone different sides of myself. We're working very hard, so please watch!

Archived