[Sitcom 2013] POTATO★STAR 2013QR3 감자별

Ha Yeon-Soo: "I'm Staking My Life On "Potato Star 2013QR3"newsview_photo.php?idxno=776274&seq=120130813090842_334466_378_550.jpg
TVN's drama 'MONSTAR' has proven two things: one, it has opened the doors for music dramas and two, it has secured Ha Yeon-Soo's future acting career. Ha Yeon soo has a youthful yet mysterious charm that has made her into a memorable actress in a short amount of time. Ha YeonSoo's small face and refreshing smile that seems to capture the attention of the audience.
Recently, she uploaded a picture on her Me2day of her leg in a cast. She wrote that she broke her leg while on the stairs. This is huge issue for someone who now has to begin shooting after being cast in Kim Byung Ok PD's 'Potato Star'.
"I'm worried because there isn't much time before the first shoot. Fortunately, the PD accommodated this inconvenience and changed the schedules around. Until my leg gets better, we're going to start shooting the scenes where my leg won't bother me too much. 
After shooting 'Monstar', Ha Yeon-Soo is prepped and ready. Her role is of a real-life girl who has dozens of part-time jobs. Ha Yeon-Soo, who has been dreaming of doing a sitcom role, will put her all into playing this character.
"When the sitcom ends, I want people to say, 'She can even do those kinds of things?' But most importantly, I think this role of Na Jin-Ah is really suited to me. If 'Monstar' Seyi is 30% similar to me, then Jin-ah is 70%. I think it's mostly because I lived alone in Seoul for five years. For the next 7-8 months I'm going to only focus on this role and do my best."
The movie, "Temperature of Love" was my debut role but 'Monstar' was my first time playing a lead character in a drama. For that, I did my very best and thus, I have lingering feelings for it.
I'm the type that speaks slowly, and Seyi's personality was a bit opposite of mine, so it has difficult to grasp her character at first. But towards the middle, it became easier. To play the guitar I had to take daily lessons for two weeks."
Although the star of a music drama, Ha Yeon Soo is a guitar beginner. She doesn't even consider herself a good singer. Despite this she received praise for her role as an excellent singer and experienced guitar player.
"I've been trying to write songs by myself for a while now. I took a few music lessons when I was 21. I like catchy songs. Rather than learn professionally, I just played around on toy instruments and used water bottles to create rhythms. I learned it from an  indie band called "Came". 
Born in 1990, Ha Yeon Soo is turning 24 this year. But she is happy with her youthful image that still looks fitting/good in high school uniforms. However her biggest weapon is not her beauty but her mysterious mask.
"I often hear that I look really young. I even used to hear that I look like a middle-schooler. I guess it's because I have a small face and look like my dad. My dad's nickname used to be 'cutie.'"
Now she is a confident actress who can spread her wings, but how did she first enter the acting business?
"Coincidentally, my agency had some contacts in the acting business.. At first I didn't really have any interest in acting. Acting didn't seem like something anybody could do. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start acting or not, so I watched a lot of dramas and movies. I did that for 4 months and slowly I warmed up to this idea of becoming an actor. While watching Mathilda in "Lemon" and Kim Min Hee in "Hwa Cha" I thought, "What would it be like if I did that?"
She began her acting career like that, but now she a star with many fans. Male fans, especially, have been naming her as their ideal type. Of course, Ha Yeon Soo has her own ideal as well.
"I've like Jet-Li since middle school. I've watched all his movies. I beginning highschool when "The Dog" came out; and while watching I felt like he was man while training to fight and a cute guy when wearing a hoodie. I cried after watching that movie and it might have been because I liked Jet-Li so much. Although he's mostly known as an action star, his gaze and expressions show that he his a great actor."
But Jet-Li is not her role model. As budding actor, Ha Yeon-Soo, her role model is Kim Hyun-Joo. 
"My role model is Kim Hyun-Joo. I admired her tons after watching her role in a drama that aired at the beginning of 2000. Luckily, I've gotten to talk to her as a fan because we go to the same hair salon. Every time I see her, she greets me so well. She told me recently that she watched 'Monstar' and she asked me if my leg was OK too."
'Monstar' has turned passionate actor Ha Yeon Soo into a rising star. Companies keep calling her to do commericals although she's already shot 9. She definitely someone with growing popularity.
"Not a lot of people recognized me before, but now they do. My family? They're from Kyung-San province so they're just apathetic. (laugh)"
SOURCE: http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=776274Translations: dotori

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

Yeo Jin Goo celebrates his Sweet 16 with the crew of his upcoming sitcom 'Potato Star 2013QR3'

yeo-jin-goo_1376529668_af_org.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo celebrated his Sweet 16 (17 in Korean age) on August 13 on the set of his upcoming tvN sitcom 'Potato Star 2013QR3'! 

SEE ALSO: Yeo Jin Goo to take on his first sitcom through 'A Potato Star That Looks Like A Sweet Potato 2013QR3'

The staff of the sitcom released the photos today, showing a bit of the party that went on. It's been revealed that during their photo shoot for the drama poster, co-star Choi Song Hyun, Kim Jung Min, and more secretly prepared a surprise birthday party including a cake to help the young actor celebrate.

Yeo Jin Goo shared, "I was very touched by my 'Potato Star' family for remembering my birthday even while filming, and it really felt like we became one family. I will work hard to make a good sitcom with a friendly atmosphere. I am really thankful."

'Potato Star 2013QR3' is the work of Kim Byung Wook PD, the mastermind behind the 'High Kick' series, and is set to air this September!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/08/yeo-jin-goo-celebrates-his-sweet-16-with-the-crew-of-his-upcoming-sitcom-potato-star-2013qr3

Guest jjsweeter0211

Ha Yeon soo releases VOGUE girl pictorial

2mytqo8542db7ha9x7mu6nk1iduvubnm.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] Actress Ha Yeon soo once again wowed fans with her doll-like face as releasing new pictorial with VOGUE girl magazine.
Ha Yeon soo perfectly managed the pictorial concept, ‘A girl in a strange city,’ fully expressing her signature ‘mysterious image.’ In the pictorial, she shows various funky styles, which is the trend of this season, and flaunts her pretty face and mature, feminine charm. 
The pictorial was shot on Soho Street of Hong Kong on a rainy day. Despite of 8-hour-long shooting schedule and gloomy weather, Ha kept her professional attitude and showed various poses and facial expressions for each photo, impressing every staff at the shooting location. 
Meanwhile, Ha Yeon soo, who became one of the hottest stars in 2013 with her recent TV series ‘Monstar,’ will come back to TV screen with new sitcom ‘Potato Star 2013QR3.’ (photo by VOGUE girl)

Guest jjsweeter0211

YEO JIN GOO FOR GQ KOREA

Posted by goodange on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 · 

Yeo Jin Goo is 17, but he’s already a big star. And yes, he’s still young, but he also has a face that’s becoming more mature and manly that noonas and ajummas are likely secretly crushing on him. LOL. His pictorial for GQ’s September issue isn’t going to switch off those guilty feelings, too. ;)

1_zps94ee1729.jpg~original3_zps1f6b539f.jpg~original2_zps3874c501.jpg~original

Source  |  Newsen

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/08/21/yeo-jin-goo-for-gq-korea/

Go Kyungpo's Stolen Bicycle!

218291_36247_2152.jpg
Actor Go Kyungpo's stolen bicycle has recently become a topic online.

On the 21st, he posted on his personal SNS, “Hello, I've been well. And to the person who stole my bike, I wish you curses and hope that you take care of my bike. All these bad things happening at once makes life hard.”

Netizens wrote back, “That must be annoying. *pat pat*”, “Once somebody starts stealing, there's no end. Even banks are broken into”, “Oppa, I hope better things begin happening”.

Go Kyungpo has recently finished filming the movie 'Battle of Myeongryang, Whirlwind Sea' with actor Choi Minshik. He'll be undergoing shooting for the movie 'High Heels' as well. Not to mention he's a part of the cast of Kim Byung Ok PD's 'Potato Star'; it seems like he has a full schedule for the rest of the year!  

Guest jjsweeter0211

BTS SHOTS OF YEO JIN GOO’S GQ PICTORIAL

Posted by goodange on Monday, August 26, 2013 · 

Go here for Yeo Jin Goo‘s spreads in GQ Korea’s September 2013 issue.

02_zpscdff65b2.jpg~original03_zps0045b3e0.jpg~original04_zps9c0f16ac.jpg~original01_zps835b024f.jpg~original

Source  |  Newsen

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/08/26/bts-shots-of-yeo-jin-goos-gq-pictorial/

Anddd, just because, here's a video of Lee Soonjae petting his sweet yorkshire terrier doll on the set of his photoshoot. He's actually been getting some coverage lately for his love of animals, as seen on the hit variety show 'Grandpas Over Flowers'. In the video, he doesn't do anything but pet the dog for a minute, but it's kinda really sweet. It seems there'll be a dog in the show as well, so we'll be seeing more of animal-lover Lee SoonJae!

Guest Jenny Matthews

jjsweeter0211 said:

YEO JIN GOO FOR GQ KOREA

Posted by goodange on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 · 

Yeo Jin Goo is 17, but he’s already a big star. And yes, he’s still young, but he also has a face that’s becoming more mature and manly that noonas and ajummas are likely secretly crushing on him. LOL. His pictorial for GQ’s September issue isn’t going to switch off those guilty feelings, too. ;)

Kim ByungOk PD Interview
201308281617173110_1.jpg
Kim ByungOk PD, the 'King of Sitcom' has returned after 2 years. Not only has he helmed the mega-popular Highkick series, but he also directed older and equally famous 'Soongpoong Clinic', 'Live Right', and 'I Can't Stop Them If I Tried'. While his earlier sitcoms were based off the American format, his later Highkick series gained popularity through character relationships. His past with MBC and SBS is long and successful, but he hopes to create a new challenge by working at tvN. 
He expressed his desire to not only make good, entertaining sitcoms but ones with meaning. "The sitcom genre is difficult to make successful. There's no antagonist like in dramas or a point where the story reaches a climax. Each character has their own story which has be unraveled slowly. That's why there's a lot of production costs in creating a multiple storylines. The probability of such a production to fail is much higher than it is to succeed. But that doesn't mean we should stop making sitcoms completely. I wanted to prove we can make a good sitcom through 'Potato Star'."
"While filming Highkick, I heard a lot of great reviews. Some told me that it was becoming too much like a drama. That's why in 'Potato Star' I want to add and show more comedy. This time, the story will be happy rather than sad. I want the viewers to feel glad and comfortable while watching the show. However, I feel that my speciality is putting a slight sadness into my comedy. I tried to balance out the two for 'Potato Star'; and I hope that [the viewers] will embrace both."
SourceTranslations: dotori

Guest jjsweeter0211

ITCOMS/VARIETY SHOWS
Production in full swing on tvN sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3

by javabeans | September 3, 2013 | 

potato1.jpg

Looks like they’re getting literal with the upcoming sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3, which has fortunately come to (half) its senses by revising its original title, Potato-Shaped Sweet Potato Star 2013QR3. Now if we could do something about that “2013QR3″… (purposely cryptic-sounding to mimic the naming of a new star).

This is the new daily sitcom being produced by producer-director Kim Byung-wook of theHigh Kick franchise, to be broadcast by cable station tvN. Above is the show’s poster, which shows the cast poised atop what appears to be a planet made out of potato. Heh. I knew there were going to be outer-space references in the plot, but I’ll admit, I didn’t expect literal potato planet. The story gets going when a strange asteroid crash-lands on Earth, called the Potato Star.

At the center of the sitcom’s Noh family is frequent High Kick grandpa Lee Soon-jae, looking rather dapper with his suspender and white mustache. Does this mean he’ll be too busy shooting Potato Star to go on many more Grandpas Over Flowers trips?

potato2.jpg

This is also the show starring Yeo Jin-gu, child-star-turned-heartthrob, in his first sitcom role. He’s done precocious child roles and heart-twisting melo, but can he do quirky and funny? (Imma say yes, considering that his Moon That Embraces the Sun and I Miss Youroles gave him plenty of cute, comedic moments—you know, in between the gut-wrenching angst.)

Yeo Jin-gu recently celebrated his birthday while shooting the poster for the show, and get this—he just turned 16 (or 17 in Korea), but his character is 24. WUT. You really are pushing him along the Yoo Seung-ho path to premature drama-hero-dom, aren’t you? (I have no complaints about giving these talented teenagers leading roles, but could we maybe write them awesome age-appropriate leading roles instead of shoehorning them into typical twentysomething characters?)

According to PD Kim, he was a bit concerned with the age difference until he put Yeo Jin-gu side by side with Ha Yeon-soo (Monstar’s sheep girl, three years his senior), and “since one is a baby face and the other has an older face, I stopped worrying.” So that means he gets a loveline with Ha Yeon-soo, hm? Okay, I can get onboard this playing-older thing if we get a romance out of the deal. (Teenage lovelines in sitcoms tend to be one-sided or unrealized, so I’m all for giving him the requited variety.)

potato3.jpg

There are plenty of other characters in the mix, of course. In the middle generation and playing Lee Soon-jae’s eldest son is Noh Joo-hyun, married to Geum Bo-ra.

Grandson Go Kyung-pyo (Flower Boy Next Door) is also playing older than his age (23) as the president of a toy company who wears immaculate suits and shows no interest in the Potato Star’s landing, unlike the rest of the family. Go Kyung-pyo, playing serious? After seeing him play all versions of idiot (always lovable, of course), this’ll be an interesting change.

Other cast members include Choi Song-hyun (I Need Romance, pictured at bottom), singer-actor Kim Jung-minHigh Kick regular Julien Kang, familiar funnyman Kim Kwang-kyu (most recently the bumbling judge in I Hear Your Voice), and Jang Kiha—yep, the indie-folk songwriter sensation, trying his hand at acting.

Potato Star 2013QR3 premieres on September 23 on tvN.

potato4.jpg

potato5.jpg

potato6.jpg

potato7a.jpg

potato9.jpg

potato10.jpg

potato8.jpg

potato11.jpg

Via My DailyNewsen

Archived