[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks to Secret Baidu Bar and Ji Sung Baidu Bar for information about the forthcoming release of Secret DVD in Japan! Let's hope the DVDs sell well (they are rather pricey):
http://himitsu-t.jp/
Video clip about the DVD release - thanks to uploader:

Pic from the Japanese DVD site:(me bad BSB fan, I didn't notice the tear running down ADH's face until I saw the picture on the Japanese site):
y6MC5JQ.jpg

Thanks to Hwang Jung Eum Baidu and DC for this:

ysTB2Rd.jpg

Secret will be airing in the Philippines via GMA Network this July replacing SBS' The Master's Sun which they're currently airing right now
TRANSLATION: "Every one of us has a hidden secret"

• 2 weeks later...

The Philippine Trailer for Secret Love is out:

as well as the official Philippine english names of the 3 characters for them (they changed the names so, they're easy to remember):
Kang Yoo-jung - Elise Kang
Jo Min-hyuk - Dominic Jo
Ahn Do-hoon - Howard Ahn
Shin Se-yeon - TBA

Here's the official poster and the link to it's facebook fanpage2ntx0g7.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/GMASecretLove

@JG NM
 many thanks. So how was the response to the pilot episode aired yesterday (14 July)?  The show will be screened Mondays to Thursdays, right?
@mslee wrote about Secret Love being aired in the Philippines in her blog. I also saw a tweet from her to GMA yesterday which I agree with fully - ie not to cut any scenes from Secret Love. So were there scene cuts?
http://mslee1107wanderingthoughts.blogspot.sg/2014/06/korean-drama-ji-sung-and-hwang-jung.html

Lovely theme song sung by Ken Alfonso for the drama aired in the Philippines, thanks to uploader:

Another lovely MV with the theme song, thanks to uploader (has Howard Ahn :))
http://youtu.be/kOQS1OUNjbw

:D @cynkdf annyeong chingu! thanks for the mention here at the thread. yes, I have been waiting for this drama to air locally, dubbed in our language. just a bit disappointed that some scenes were cut. ugh! but reading tweets, I am satisfied with the reactions especially those who has never seen the drama before. I plan on supporting the drama all through out again. I am also gonna wait for interesting comments about the awesome acting of the characters, especially the three main leads, oooppppssss, sorry LDH, but she was good but BSB, JS and HJE really stood out.
i really hope that Secret Love will be a success locally.
thanks again for the mention..and hey, BSB has a new project with Park Si Yeon...waiting for that, too.

@mslee, lovely to see you here again! Am disappointed about the cut scenes but if not mistaken, I read that the same thing happened to the previous K-drama aired on that station (ie TMS) so I guess we can't complain too much.
Great to hear of your support for Secret Love again!
Naturally, I am waiting anxiously for The Greatest Marriage :)  So funny to see evil second leads from two successful KBS revenge dramas acting as leads in a new drama :)

Hi @libertynow, since you are asking in the Secret thread, I think most of the people here would tell you "Yes, the drama is good, watch it" :)  However, it depends on your taste - there are people out there who hate this drama, just as there are many people  who love the drama (eg me but then I am biased because I am a big fan of Bae Soo Bin). May I suggest that you watch the first few episodes bearing in mind that IMHO Secret gets better and better, and what stands out for me is that it really engages the viewer.  However, I have watched very very few K-dramas so you might have to take my opinion with a pinch (more than a pinch) of salt :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EvelynT

Well, Secret love is currently aired on HTV2 - the cable channel in Vietnam and definitely it attracts lots of attention from viewers here. It is around ep 10 now. The chemistry and the performances between the 4 characters are undeniably wonderful. Kdrama Vietnamese lovers really enjoy it. And this is the third time i re-watch it. Still have the same great feelings :D

• 3 months later...

I've just accidentally put my "Secret" drama folder in the trash bin and my laptop decided to delete it without further notice and of course I'm on the verge of tears.

As d-addicts in now closed could someone suggest me were to find the raw torrents for the whole series??

:(

EDIT: Solved. (I hope..) :)

• 1 month later...
Guest kyung-jin

yoo jung shouldn't sacrifice herself and her future for her boyfriend, do hoon.. she shouldn't go to prison in do hoon's place..

I like se yeon, she is better than min hyuk.. she can think logically and she even try to lead min hyuk to think and act rationally..

se yeon is my favorite character in this drama..

• 4 weeks later...

I decided start Secret this week. It was by far one of the best decisions I made this year. This drama is so ajdkashdkl !!!
I watched all 16 episodes in two days. And I feel I'll have to go back to watch all the drama again because the 16 episodes passed in a blink of eyes.
I cried and cursed so many times and cried a couple of times more. Practically, I was walking in the street of bitterness throughout the drama but worth all the suffering because it's a happy ending... And Oh God, I'm so grateful for it.
My favorite Song: Incurable Disease 

My favorite Quote:
"From now on, don't kneel down anymore. If someone has to do it, it will be me " -  Min Hyuk
Ji Sung's performance was brilliant as Min Hyuk because I went from "Damn bastard, you must die. Just die please" to "Honey, I need you in my life"
I hated him as much as I loved him
And YJ's evolution from the noble idiot to becomes in a brave/selfless woman.. Well I always thought she was the strongest in the story but in the end it exceeded all expectations.
Kudos for the writer but Kudos for the entire cast too.
Now I understand because this drama have the first spots in all the polls as the best drama of 2013. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm watching this now. Someone recommended it in the Mask thread, and I have to say I'm so glad I looked it up. As I understand, it's the same writers and by god is this a good drama.

Love love love Ji Sung. Never heard of him before this but what a great actor. I'm up to episode 8 now. He's just beginning to realise she may have been innocent. Omo, I can't wait for their kiss scene. If you haven't seen this you really need to especially if your watching Mask right now. It has many themes and characters in common. Right, I'm off to marathon the rest. Saturdays are the best. ballerina-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif