[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest lancome25

My first post here! I've been a silent reader all this while. Hope secret will win lots of award. Congrats to HJE on making a cut of top 10 Korea's brightest stars. She should placed higher right? At least higher than KTH. But yeah KTH is so popular in Korea, so we can't do anything about that.

@lancome25, welcome and great to hear you speak up. :)  Keeping my fingers crossed about the KBS Drama Awards .. meanwhile, I've enjoyed reading reviews about Secret such as the following:
http://obsessionsofline.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/2013-drama-rating-reviews/
The above reviewer rates the dramas using the "obsession level"  criteria and for Secret, her rating is "strong" - please scroll down the above link to read her excellent thoughts about Secret.
http://dailykdrama.tumblr.com/ - short and sweet review, the first line is, I believe, what quite a number of Secret fans would say: " Secret is one of those dramas that I didn’t think I would love."

Hello, I've been lurking on this thread. I started watching this drama late, so I did not get to join in the discussion. I hope the cast win big at the KBS Drama Awards! Especially Bae Soobin and Hwang Jungeum.
I created a MV for this drama. Hope you all like it :)

@cynkdf  All i can say is thank you for all you do for us Secreters. How great my love for this serie is the fact that i read this entire thread. How i enjoyed!
 That is why I have added a few thoughts. Have you noticed how all the important scenes related to car. The first meeting, accidents, conflicts, first kiss and many others. I think that she realize how hi feel when hi find her in episode 9. Gays, lets faced, she may be a naive and pure, but she is a woman who was with a man. And  every woman has what is called intuition.   When someone look in you whit burning eyes and forbidden you  to  laugh at other men, that men sees you like women he wants.
Kiss and kisses, what's driving it was ... I'm sorry I not became a member sooner and share my thoughts with you. I personally think that the kiss in the car caused its ultimate rejection of her sentence :"You two match each other". Like she told him, you like brain games to play with people, to play with me. I will not and I not accepting that. I'm not a woman, but someone who is looking for revenge. Her anger coincided with his. True to its character, first kiss is forced to realize that she is woman for him. And second, ahh.. Says a lot about forgiveness, promise, desire and most importantly about love.

@daegorr, thanks for posting the link to your wonderful MV! I enjoyed reading your review of Secret and agree that it would make a great topic for discussion in a film or theatre class. Though I am somewhat obsessed about the show, I admit it has its imperfections.  For instance IMHO the first episode is the weakest, and so one lesson Secret has taught me is never to judge a drama by its first few episodes. Far better that a show gets better as it progresses rather than starting out promisingly and then getting derailed.
@anagard, excellent post about important scenes taking place in a car. Please post more often :)
Thank you for your kind words, but I really should be thanking all the contributors here for their wonderful posts (I only started watching Secret because of my love for Bae Soo Bin :))   Are you Bosnian? (I clicked on your other posts and used Google Translate to do a little bit of detective work :))  In the Bae Soo Bin thread here on Soompi, there's a fan from Bosnia and Herzegovina who's a big fan of BSB and Soo Ae. Her name is @annieice.
Using Google Translate, I got the gist of what this blogger wrote about Secret (she loves it) - I believe she is in Brazil and wrote in Portuguese (see how crazy I am? )
http://hallyudramas.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/secret-k-drama.html

Another blog in Portuguese - she warmed up to Secret after Episode 6
http://divaneandoo.blogspot.sg/2013/11/secret-k-drama.html

Now for English-language reviews of Secret :)
http://thedramaaddiction.wordpress.com/2013/12/19/secret-love-drama-review/

http://picadrama.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/secret-%EB%B9%84%EB%B0%80/

http://fishy2love.blogspot.sg/2013/12/secret-secret-love.html

@daegorr  Thank you for the beautiful video, but I already watched it on JT. How I envy your skills, you really are an artist. Ok, this is just a suggestion, but what do you think about the idea to make a video for each of their contact. Auch, it sounds like pervert, but in each of them is so much  meaning, that should be recorded. But I guess that's a bloody job, so I'm grateful to you and in this MV.

@cynkdf I forgot to tell you, i hope that your favorite actor, wich is crystal clear from your avatar, win the award because hi masterfully acted a villain in Secret. His perfomans is even more ingenious because it showed a men of weak character who may each of us knows, and who discovers true nature only when is diffilcult. Exactly that's the brilliance of his acting, hi showed as real man who is going to collapse before our eyes.

@Asianatic First, thank you for your recommendation. Second, please wher i can wach this with english subs? Last night i spend  haurs looking for it. In JT is only with viet subs, can wach in Viki. Ok, this is my first lankorn so i want to look properly. It look like story is good.

Guest jennloct

So.... KBS drama award and SBS drama award are clashing together same as last year....
i hope the actors and actresses dun have to be hectic running up n down to both stations to receive awards..
especially HJE, Jisung, Dahee ....i do both secret can win a lot.....win both best excellence male and female awards... keep my fingers cross..

@cynkdf wow, you actually figured out I'm the same person who wrote that review! hahaha. Yes, I didn't like the first few episodes. Glad I was patient enough to continue watching till the good parts came. I think most kdramas start off really nice, then they go downhill, with many even concluding with a silly ending. Secret is the rare drama that went against the norm, and wasn't afraid to deal with the controversial issue about stalking (although I still think it is something that shouldn't be glorified in a show). I guess the writers trust that viewers are intelligent enough to discern fiction and reality, and right from wrong. Hahaa hope your Bae Soobin wins big at next week's award ceremony! I like Ji Sung, but I'll be rooting for Bae Soobin too ;)
@anagard thank you! That's too much of a compliment. I actually wanted to include several other scenes in the MV but the song wasn't long enough haha. I doubt I'll be doing another video anytime soon though. It took me several days just to do this MV, I don't feel like spending so much time on another one. Yes, I'm lazy muahahaha

New articles, again about another KHS-HJE-JW competition analysis for upcoming KBS Drama Award's Daesang winner , this time from Starnews: 

Kim Hye Soo vs Hwang Jung Eum vs Joo Won, Who Will Take the Cake?

본문이미지
(왼쪽부터) 황정음, 김혜수, 주원/사진=스타뉴스

Source:  http://news.nate.com/view/20131226n08891

================================================================

2013 KBS Drama Award: Veteran Performers vs Young Bloods in Their 20's, The Winner of Daesang will be? 

기사 이미지

Left: Kim Hye Soo-Kim Hae Sook (Team Veterans),  Right: Joo Won-Hwang Jung Eum (Team Young 20's).

N.B.: Kim Hae Sook is from KBS2 weekend drama "The Wang Family".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131226n15605

Hi secret society !!! How are you all doing ? I hope you're doing great and passing great holidays. The KBS drama award are next Tuesday, and I can't wait to see who of my favorite actors will get awarded this year, there are quite some actors I love who'll be attending this year, I will wish the best for The cast of secret and my other favorite dramas. I think I'm here to say that my favorite melodrama of the year is without any hesitation is Secret, anyone who is having doubts about its quality, take my advise and watch it, it's definetly worth the ride.

@anagard, love what you wrote about BSB. However, there's nothing mentioned about his attendance at the KBS Drama Awards and until that happens, I will feel somewhat uneasy.
@daegorr, fingers crossed for BSB ... 
@Pavlichenko - thanks for the update, who are the actual nominees who can be considered for the Daesang?
@jennloct and @yuhotarubi - all Secreters must be anxiously waiting for the awards ceremony on 31 December. I just hope we don't get any unpleasant surprises. I was just reading a few other threads and was shocked that Gong Hyo Jin was not nominated for the Audience Popularity Awards - thought she'd definitely be nominated. 
Thanks to one of the posters in the Master's Sun thread who posted the link to this article on Naver mentioning the Dramabeans poll; at the moment Secret is leading in the Best Melodrama category, but only just ...
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=008&aid=0003177468

Guest jennloct

why dun haf BSB and Jisung for daesung??  :((
but i wish HJE get it.... finger cross... i wan to see all the casts hugged together when their drama get  the awards,,,
especially HJE with Jisung,  and also hope that Kwang soo is there... n sandara park ahjumma....
i miss all of themm....

@cynkdf i also shocked that Gong Hyo jin dint nominate... i luv her since the drama with rain one(4get the name already)...

Update News:

The First Batch of Stars Who Already Officially Announced by KBS to Attend 2013 KBS Drama Award:

Kim Hye Soo
Hwang Jung Eum
Joo Won
Ji Sung
Moon Chae Won
IU
Jung Woo
Jo Jung Suk

N.B.: List is By the Order of Announcement.

The MCs will be: Lee Mi Sook, Joo Sang Wook, Shin Hyun Joon, Yoona.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131227n33376

@cynkdf: Daesang nominees are all performers who win Top Excellence, therefore we'll only knows later near the end of award ceremony. But there always media, critics, and netizens opinions about who the strongest candidates since some time before the show. And for KBS this year, as all of us already know, are Kim Hye Soo, Hwang Jung Eum, Joo Won.