[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest kngdrama

I am still waiting for an intelligent review of Secret from major recapping sites. Sigh. Not gonna happen. They all labeled Secret as sick and crazy. 

@kngdrama, since two of the major recapping sites didn't recap Secret, I wasn't expecting a favourable review from them, to be honest. 
I've just started reading this review of Secret by a blogger,  and LOVE what I've read so far - hope you and other Secreteers enjoy reading her long and detailed review.
http://lovebugsobsession.blogspot.sg/2013/12/drama-review-secretsecret-love.html#more

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=117&aid=0002408315
http://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-bo-young-and-ji-sung-are-2013s-power-couple/

Newlyweds Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung came in first and second in a recent poll for ‘The Best Actors of The Year’ conducted by Gallup Korea, proving that they truly are Korea's power couple.

Lee, who pulled in 11 percent of the votes, saw her career skyrocket this year after her back-to-back hits My Daughter Seo Young and I Hear Your Voice. Ji Sung, with 8.1 percent, experienced a similar boost after The Great Seer and Secret.

Unquote

Hwang Jung Eum (Incarnation of Money, Secret)  is 9th :)

:-B Just realized that this thread is still 'fluid' and I can understand why...missing Secret.....there are plenty of dramas, but there are not plenty of Dramas that have kept me from wanting the qualities Secert had: solid plot (thanks writers), acting, producing, directing, cinematography, pacing, ...I could go on and on....what I also found odd like others have mentioned a few of the popular recaps/review sites seem not to have been impressed. I know that much of viewing dramas is all about personal taste, but it seems crazy for me to read positive reviews about dramas that have off-the-wall-ridiculous plots, endless fillers, and over-acting and then read the Luke warm reviews about Secret. Makes me feel like: 'what drama were they watching?' I won't mention titles of the dramas I really thought were mediocre, not necessary, I'll just get me in hot water. I'm Just hoping that there will always be at least ONE drama with the qualities of Secret (doesn't matter the genre) that will peek my interest. About HJE...there is No Dispute, she is a top-notch actress. When it comes to what a person finds attractive ...well, that also is about personal taste..there are very, very few actors/actresses that don't get a touch up here or there. I personally find HJE Really Pretty. She has not gone overboard with PS...I could name plenty of actresses that have gone totally PS 'overboard' to the point that they are hard to watch. Prime example: Seo Woo...besides her, the list is long ...take your pick...it really is not about IF an actor/actress had plastic surgery (this includes Botox) it is more about those that don't know when PS & Botox is enough and should stop. (Truth be told.. I found LDH....hard to watch because she is at the point where she should stop with the PS. I know she was a model, but they say that the camera puts ten lbs on a person and LDH looked wafer thin! Just didn't look healthy. And then again that is my personal opinion. Doesn't take away from her acting. ) HJE is fine just the way she is. As an person: beautiful. As an actress: the Sky is the limit. Or limitless...HJE talents were wasted on FH2 and IOM. I hope to see her again in a new drama worth her acting ability and talent, especially because I know her acting talent won't disappoint. For anyone out there trying to decide whether to watch Secret...you won't be disappointed, no matter some reviews say. :-bd

cynkdf said: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=117&aid=0002408315
Newlyweds Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung came in first and second in a recent poll for ‘The Best Actors of The Year’ conducted by Gallup Korea, proving that they truly are Korea's power couple.

Lee, who pulled in 11 percent of the votes, saw her career skyrocket this year after her back-to-back hits My Daughter Seo Young and I Hear Your Voice. Ji Sung, with 8.1 percent, experienced a similar boost after The Great Seer and Secret.

Hwang Jung Eum  (Incarnation of Money,  Secret)  is 9th   :)

Guest jennloct

hi...came here for visit during my break... anyeong onnie.... wulemanida....  >:D<
i miss here n all of you guys tooo.....  :X

i wan to ask can u guys translate the nominations for kbs drama awards... i wan to see who n who nominated....
besides that.. is there anyone knows when will be holding the kbs drama awards and sbs drama awards n mbc drama awards??
coz i scared that Jisung, Hwang Eum , Da hee will not attend one of the drama awards due to the crash of both tv station.. esp SBS and KBS

@jennloct - Beatus Corner has the list of nominations for Best Couple:
http://beatuscorner.com/2013-kbs-drama-awards-best-couple-nominees/

For Netizens Popularity - all four main leads have been nominated ie JS and BSB for actors, and HJE and LDH for actresses. 
Thanks to auto-translate in Google Chrome :)
Netizens Popularity - actresseshttp://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2013award/vote/netizen_f/index.html

CB8CAgD.jpg

Netizens Popularity - actors
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2013award/vote/netizen_m/index.html

zFk2BEH.jpg

Gallop ver. of 2013 Brightest Stars may consists of many more actors than actresses, BUT for the acting itself, 2013 is the year of actresses. I, for one, am happy. 

Kim Hye Soo - Hwang Jung Eum - Ha Ji Won - Lee Bo Young,  The Only Performers This Year Who Are Clean of Acting Controversies?

기사 이미지

The article is about how most of actors/actresses have pro and contra reviews or opinions about their actings in the projects they do. As people's opinions always differs, a performer usually earn both favorable and unpleasant reviews, no matter how veteran or famous they are.  But every year, there also performers who earns mostly full rave reviews from everyone as well, free from controversy. 
And this year, OSEN journalists decide that these 4 actresses are the ones of it.

Honorable mention in the article: Joo Won, Park Won Suk, Han Ji Hye, Lee Yo Won.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131220n04806

N.B.: HJE is the youngest of 4 actresses, by many years. She and her fans should have been proud. But bec. of this, some media opinions says she's still too young to get Daesang (Korea is one of countries that relies on seniority heavily), therefore makes Kim Hye Soo the strongest candidate for KBS Daesang this year.

@Pavlichenko -  Moon Geun Young was  21 or  22 (Korean age) when she won the Daesang for Painter of the Wind.  So a precedent has been set and HJE won't be the youngest  Daesang winner if hopefully, she wins it :)
Edit:  
Thanks to Electric Ground for the list of past Daesang winners up to 2010:

http://belectricground.com/2010/12/27/drama-awards-past-daesang-winners/
HJE is 28. The following were younger when they won the Daesang:
Kim Hee Ae - 24Han Hyo Joo - 24 (Joint Daesang)Kim Hee Sun - 23

@alex777 - BSB didn't act in Queen of the Game. He's been cast as second lead in a few dramas, usually as the good guy. In real life he appears to be a very nice and sweet person (one of his very loyal Korean fans actually posts here on Soompi and has met him several  times; she says he's a really nice guy)  and therefore in acting as Ahn Do Hoon and Kang Min Ho, BSB is definitely not being himself :)
http://asianwiki.com/Bae_Soo-Bin

@cynkdf: Yes there were younger Daesang winners. But there's almost always an IF: 

1. If the ratings are very high, more than 35-40% like Han Hyo Joo (Dong Yi) or Kim Soo Hyun (Moon Sun).
2. If the TV station is MBC, which usually give Daesang to the stars of their highest rated drama of the year regardless of the actors' ages or performances (Moon Sun, Dong Yi, East of Eden, Horse Doctor, etc). 
3. If there weren't any highly respected veteran (senior), esp. ones who more often acts in heavyweight movies. Which in this case of 2013 KBS Award is Kim Hye Soo. 
4. If for that TV station, that year only had few of good performances. 

Of course it's not that I don't want HJE to win, you know that. It's just that I try to be as factual and unbiased-realistic as possible, look it at every sides. Asian Awards esp. Korea is still pretty chained.

@Pavlichenko, you are just being realistic, I know.  It's difficult to predict the awards results, right? So let's hope for the best.
http://mydramalist.com/article/2013/12/14/mdl-best-of-korean-dramas-2013-vote-inside#.UrQSPdIW2uI

Secret is leading in the Best Melodrama category at the moment, with 42% out of 1,630 votes.  I've enjoyed reading the reviews of Secret on that site - almost all favourable.

I channel surfed to KBSWorld right now and they're showing live the KBS Entertainment Awards.  Is this the BIG ONE we've been looking forward to, or is this another awards show?  SISTA just performed and the couple of winners I saw were a DJ and a musician.  I don't want to waste my time watching this, not understanding Korean, and NOT have any sighting of the Secret cast.   :x
The only person I recognized so far during the camera pan is Kim Jong Kook of Running Man.

@wiscpenn, me too watching the same channel, other than kim joong kok I only recognized seo in guk, n kang ho dong, no sign from secret cast so far, but I see the duration of the awards is quite long, ler's hope its the one we are waiting :-SS

During the commercial break, perky Cheska (whoever that is) summarized what's on KBSWorld for the next couple of weeks and into the new year, and she's confirmed that the KBS Drama Awards will be broadcast live on 31 December at 2030hrs (Seoul time).
C'est la vie.  Starting my channel-surfing again ...

Entertainment Award is different from Drama Awards. Entertainment Awards judging variety shows, talk shows, MCs, comedians, documentary, news & entertainment programs outside drama. For example, HJE won award on MBC Entertainment Award 2009 through We Got Married. 

Here is what HJE will wear on upcoming KBS Award (gown, shoes, clutch bag): 

stylist_to_the_stars_hwang_jung_eum.png

HJE DC

I have no problem with the gown. It's glamorous enough for the occasion hahaha. But b'coz HJE has such great body, I personally want her to wear something more revealing. But from all her Awards attendances & other ceremonies pics that I saw, I know that she already quite often wear something sexy enough. So I guess she wants to try something different this year.  Or maybe this gown has some special details in the back (like YJ's black dress in Secret eps 8).

About Daesang, I'm glad just for JE to be nominated. She's still young, plenty of chances in the future.  One thing for sure is, with her confirmed attendance to KBS Award, that means some award(s) already guaranteed for her.  Well, her & Kim Hye Soo, since their participation was the first one announced by KBS. Already competing? hahaha...

Guest kngdrama

Secret is the most overrated drama of 2013!!! According to dramabeans. Really, it's laughable given that Secret succeeded in winning hearts and minds of so many people when it was competing with Heirs. 

They were upset because they drop secret after watching 1 episode and said it wasn' t good enough and guess what? it turn to be a great drama. Beside of their failure in identifying a good drama, they kept sticking on idea that secret wasn' t good enough hehhh :-L

Thinking about it makes me mad [-X

@kngdrama and @eka1983, it's all about opinions, I guess. Given that DB didn't recap Secret despite so many requests from Secret fans, I wasn't surprised at their choice of Secret as "most overrated drama" . But it was good to see that the reviewer who recapped Secret's first episode actually gave it honorable mention in the "best melodrama" category.