[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

how are people reading the stepmom character? usually, in dramas, they are usually up to no good but here, she seems actually concerned for MH and even tries to protect him though he is mean and gruff with her. is it an act to please the dad or does she genuinely care about MH? what do you all think? too early to tell?

it is kind of silly but I was seriously distracted by Ji Hee (MH's ex) haircut and kept thinking why does she have that haircut? why doesn't she have longer hair? is it because YJ has short hair and is also going to have a similar haircut --- the director's way of making all of MH women have similar hair?

@Lmangla, @oyeleyeolusina - another vote for gold-digger. MH is at heart a decent guy (hence his falling for JH who seems like such a lovely girl) so after living with stepmom for how many years?  he must be aware of her true character, which I believe is that of a clever, conniving person (all  conjecture, of course - she may turn out to be a fairy godmother).

I have to, I need to, I want to watch the episodes again!

I canceled my home internet not too long ago and I was watching it on my iPhone using data internet! It was buffering and blurry at the same time but I managed to finish both episodes!

I can't wait to watch it again! And yet I'm already here in the thread stating my thoughts like crazy!

@Lmangla, if you are silly, I am sillier - I absolutely hate BSB's hairstyle here and wonder if it's deliberate (he looks much better with a different hairstyle). I think JH's hairstyle suits her.
@ymiss, please keep up with your interesting analysis! 

@oyeleyeolusina --- if the people you love end up dying' date=' would you be willing to open up to love again? or would you push love away when it comes?[/quote']With Yoo Jung, I hope Min Hyuk may open up to her while misunderstanding, hating, punishing, loving and protecting her all in one! And at the end, he hold onto, fight for and conquer his love for her, their love!

how are people reading the stepmom character? usually' date=' in dramas, they are usually up to no good but here, she seems actually concerned for MH and even tries to protect him though he is mean and gruff with her. is it an act to please the dad or does she genuinely care about MH? what do you all think? too early to tell?[/quote']Even though Min Hyuk's useless, childish, slacking and lacking, his father pretty much have his eyes set on him, maybe because he's the son, only son, control and support him regardless!

In that case, the step mother have to pretend being good and suck up to Min Hyuk no matter what because sooner or later, the father's assets, belongings, possessions, business, power and money, everything may be pass down, given to him! If not all, I'm sure she may want some of it!

On the other hand, it may be too early to tell and what she's showing so far is fair enough but I doubt it! Her perception seem pretentious and tacky!

oyeleyeolusina said:

Lmangla

wrote:

»

how are people reading the stepmom character? usually, in dramas, they are usually up to no good but here, she seems actually concerned for MH and even tries to protect him though he is mean and gruff with her. is it an act to please the dad or does she genuinely care about MH? what do you all think? too early to tell?

Hi guys, our JS is no longer single. He married to Lee Bo Young. Cutely embarrassed JS doesn't know how to spend his wedding night apparently. :-)

MH is not that bad. He might have psychological traumas for being a playbody. He needs unrequited love seriously due to lack of true love in his chaebol family. As the chaebol upbringing, it is so hard for him to believe in true love and I think it is too early to say the tantrums of his stepmom. Once he finds his true love, he will be ready to see others' love in him.

Do Hoon never told Yoo Jung that he hit  someone with the car she believes that he he did not see the girl after he went out to check because if he did he will be doing the right thing she took the blame so he wont lose his future i dont think she will do that if he told her that he did see the girl dying and he did noting to help

Jo Min Hyuk i find him crazy the way he dealt with the death of his girlfriend things i didnt understand about him its like he whent into the stages of grief all in very weird way
 If he loved her for real why did not he stand up to his father for her he is ready to die after her but not to give up his father money.
I find his attempt commit suicide was fake or why go to Shin Se Yeon house just stay in yor girlfriend home and die there its like he is asking her help as a friend.
I did not understand how could he play around at the beginning of the episode instead of looking for a way to be with the girl he loves

i find him selfish coward
did he leave his daddy house or not

and the accident is there away for us to know how it really happend what was she doing in the middle of the street or did i see wrong there was noting in the other side

i am confused

but waiting for the rest maybe it will be clear then

i know that SY didn't know the gravity of the situation but I think and reading her character. she would still take the fall even if she knew. but there is something that bugs me, i said before that the camera did not really showed us the car hit JH. we just assume or rather the story told that it did coz she was there lying right at the moment the accident happened when DH saw her. But the supposed alibi, the big drum/container wasn't there anymore. two things only1.either the car hit JH2.she was already lying there even before the accident happened.
I am with @cynkdf when he said my guess is that he did not hit  Min Hyuk's girlfriend Ji Heebut then the drama tells it was DH/YJ who did it.I did see JH running away after seeing Kwang Soo... so why was she afraid of him? looking forward to next Wednesday. interesting what will MH do now that he knew YJ is also pregnant. will he get the child? make her suffer that way? so many possibilities. 

Wasn't there blood or such on the car, windshield, wipers or something!? After he dropped Yoo Jung off at her house, didn't Do Hoon wiped it off or something then washed his hands!? I seriously need to watch the episodes again!

As for Min Hyuk, I do agree, @howa that he's weird and crazy! He's also very childish, foolish and corny! That's why I could understand how his father lectured, compared him, his situations to the dying of his dog and so forth! I said it before and I'm going to say it again, he need to stand on his very two own feet for and against anything, everything whether he stay or leave his family!

Wasn't there blood or such on the car' date=' windshield, wipers or something!? After he dropped Yoo Jung off at her house, didn't Do Hoon wiped it off or something then washed his hands!? I seriously need to watch the episodes again![/quote']Ok! Never mind! I just watched episode 2 again and he checked the under of the car with a flashlight then fixed the wipers on the front of the car and washed his hands after! There's no sign of blood or such on the car or on his hands!

about the accident why the police didn't take the black box of the car to see how the accident happen and to know they just want to try to save them self ?and about DH I don't think that he will love SY he will just use her to get power but maybe SY will love DH you can see her from the trailer the she sit alone waiting for someone to love her but the two men will love YH I think SY will be another pathetic character I think DH will want power and money because of MH he will see how can power and money doing cause I am sure MH will be the reason for DH and YH to break up for his revenge so DH will want to have the same power like him so he will start first to steal his fiancesI sure these two men will hate each other from the start and will be more when MH start to love YHand for MH role I think it's the most difficult role in this drama he has many emotion to Expresses first the hate then the love and revenge at the same time I am sure there will be time in the drama that MH will stuck between his revenge and love and also the feeling that he betray his ex lover for loving the person who kills her and also the jealous I sure that YH will still somehow love DH after get out from jail that what will make MH jealous and don't forget the pain he will feel everytime  he will hurt her and finally the guilt he has to feel at the end so the success of this drama will be mostly depend in MH acting