[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

More casting news - some fine actors added ie Lee Deok Hwa, Kang Nam Gil, Yang Hee Kyung and Kang Shin Il.
http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/k-drama-hub/4/

Excellent write up by girlfriday on the casting of BSB and LDH:
http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/bae-soo-bin-and-lee-da-hee-join-secret/

Bae Soo-bin and Lee Da-hee join Secretby girlfriday | August 7, 2013 | 53 Comments

LeeDaHee_BaeSooBin1.jpg

Now that leads Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum are confirmed for KBS’s new melodramaSecret, it’s time to get our second leads squared away. They got some pretty great ones, I have to say — Bae Soo-bin (49 Days) and Lee Da-hee (I Hear Your Voice) — though I suppose when your plot hinges on a love square, you can’t be flimsy with your second leads.

The melodrama is about a “fatal romance” between a man who loses his girlfriend in an accident (Ji Sung), and falls in love with the woman responsible for her death (Hwang Jung-eum). The twist is that Hwang Jung-eum only went down for the crime because she loved her boyfriend so much she was willing to go to prison for him, and he abandons her while she’s doing time.

Bae Soo-bin plays a brilliant and righteous prosecutor, who one day does a complete turnaround and becomes an ambitious man, hungry for power. The kicker? He’s the boyfriend Hwang Jung-eum goes to jail for. Gasp. (But now it’s starting to make sense — she did it for his career as a prosecutor.) So he’ll be the one with the most power, but also the most to lose in this game. His character promises to show the height of heartlessness and desperation. He sounds a lot like his 49 Days character, with a few tweaks. Or Nice Guy’s Park Shi-yeon, take your pick.

Lee Da-hee’s character has less backstory to go on, but she’ll be the one with an unrequited love (I’m guessing for Ji Sung, though they don’t specify). She’s described as “thirsty for love,” and she’ll be a character in pain because she can’t have the one person she wants. I just find it funny that she’s going from Lee Bo-young’s frenemy-turned-friend in I Hear Your Voice to having a one-sided crush on her hubby-to-be. She was cast late in the game due to her standout performance in Voice, which is great for her. I can’t say that her character sounds anywhere near as awesome, but this is a conventional melo, so there won’t be any heartwarming reluctant friendships to be found here. Bring on the tears.

Secret follows Sword and Flower and premieres in September.

Via Joy News

Ji-sung and Jung-eum is the latest “couple face” for HI MART. So Korean public are enthusiast as their pairing is still quite fresh in their memory. I remember there had been some TV commercials and many printed ad with them in late 2012. 

JS and HJE both love to juggle comedic and serious actings. While for HJE I love both, for JS, though he’s also great at silly and light characters, I like him better when he did serious conflicted emo type of guys. He looks smexy and macho that way LOL, Also for HJE, as much as I love her comedic acts, after FH 2 and IoM, I think it’s time for her to get back into more heavy-weight role again. So I think it was a good decision she recently turned down weekend family drama “The Wang Family”, as “Secret” seems like a meatier drama and role for her.

"Secret" Script Reading: 

1376263399_554399.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20130812n04171

Top: Hwang Jung Eum = Yoo Jung
        Bae Soo Bin = Do Hoon.

Bottom: Ji Sung = Min Hyuk
             Lee Da Hee = Se Yeon
             Lee Deok Hwa = Min Hyuk's dad, a proud and tough billionaire chairman.
             Yang Hee Kyung = Do Hoon's mom, full of vanity and often give her son unnecessary pressure.
             Kang Shin Il = Do Hoon's dad.
             Kang Nam Gil = Yoo Jung's dad, single parent, a baker.

Guest NEWMARIO

Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum Attend Their First Script Reading for ′Secret′

intresting
  •   
  • Facebookweiborenren
  • 0Rating

2013.08.12 17:11  CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi  Translation Credit : Erika Kim

KBS2′s upcoming drama Secret held its first script reading and got everyone caught up in high hopes for the drama.

The reading session was held on August 6 with producer Lee Eung Bok, screenwriters Yoo Bo Ra and Choi Ho Chul and actors Ji Sung, Hwang Jung Eum, Bae Soo Bin, Lee Da Hee, Lee Duk Hwa, Kang Nam Gil, Yang Hee Kyung and Kang Shin Il.

88558144.jpg

Before the session started, Ji Sung commented, "I told producer Lee Eung Bok during our first meeting that I would work hard, and he said I don′t need to work hard; I just need to be good. I′ll try hard so that we can all be laughing when the drama comes to a close."

Hwang Jung Eum said, "I′m honored I′ll be working with such great seniors, juniors and director. I′ll work hard so I won′t be a nuisance."

The actors then all delved into their characters, so deep in their roles that it felt like an actual shoot. Lee Duk Hwa and Yang Hee Kyung didn′t hold back on the advice, and their juniors listened to them with passion.

Ji Sung kept consulting with the producer regarding his character, and exploded with emotion when needed.

Hwang Jung Eum was even moved to tears while she was acting in her role.

Chief Director Lee Kang Hyun of KBS said after dropping by, "I feel I can trust these actors after seeing their script reading, and I′m looking forward to Secret."

A rep from the drama′s production company said, "The actors perfectly fit into their roles even at the script reading. Everyone is feeling really encouraged after the reading, and you can look forward to seeing the love story of these four men and women this fall."

Secret is about how a man falls in love with the woman who killed his lover. It will air in Blade and Petal′s time slot in September.

Photo credit: Dramatic Talk

@cynkdf : You're welcome  ;)  Should be soon before KBS open the official website and then we can get their official looks for Secret with their character descriptions too. Based on @NEWMARIO pic, the script for eps 2 is ready. I realized some people compared BSB's role here with 49 D, but I'll like it more if he'll be more inclined toward Angel's Temptation. His character was more in grey area there, antihero with understandable reasons, while in 49 D he almost straight-out evil.

@cahya: Thanks for those CF videos of JS - HJE. I still have some more but I forget where I had put it so sometime later I'll try to find them. Meanwhile I post some of their pics instead for now. I agree with your thought about JS - HJE. Both have same habit of take turn alternately between light and heavy roles, balancing their filmography. I love that.

Ji Sung - Hwang Jung Eum for HI MART (print ads):

1035.jpg

1056.jpg

image.jpg

0684.jpg

20120514_6.jpg

201201_info.jpg

Credit:  Jungeum DC, Jisung DC

To Be Continued later   :))

Thank you Pavlichenko for cute pictures. Not pressuring you, please take ur time, but I hope you will find the rest of their CF and bring it here. And also the rest of printed ad (to be continued, right? hehehe...)

Btw, some of above videos I posted turns out been erased (sorry did not know before) so here the new links

Ji-sung Hwang Jung-eum TV commercials

PC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUSLnGF6DbM

Refrigerator

Electronic Fan

First Greeting

Guest NEWMARIO

FIRST STILLS FROM JI SUNG AND HWANG JUNG EUM’S “SECRET”

Posted by Clockwatcher on Monday, August 19, 2013 · Leave a Comment 

5rcd.jpg

The last time I saw Ji Sung, he was writing songs about panties (My P.S. Partner) so this is quite a departure for him. As his character, Min Hyuk, is seen choking Hwang Jung Eum’s character, Yoo Jung, I think it’s fair to say that this will not be a rom-com.

Secret is the story of a rich guy, Min Hyuk, who loses his lover in a hit-and-run accident. He eventually falls for her killer, Yoo Jung. Yoo Jung is the extremely smart woman whose boyfriend kills a woman in a hit-and-run accident and for some reason, decides to take the fall for him, thinking he’d wait for her. But as these things happen, the guy knows a dummy when he sees one and leaves her as she languishes in jail for him. I’m sure the writer will try to make it seem like Yoo Jung is this innocent, wonderful person but going to jail for a guy?

Bae Soo Bin is the boyfriend, Do Hoon, a brilliant prosecutor who apparently can’t drive. So she goes to jail to save his career? And she really thought that an ambitious prosecutor would marry a convict? Regardless, there goes my theory that she did it because he’s the only man able to give her “The Big O.” Oh well.

This scene was shot at a police station where the victim’s lover and suspect meet.

Secret will take over Blade and Petal‘s Wed/Thur time slot on KBS2. The first episode is scheduled for September 11. Let’s hope the blessings soon-to-be-wed actors, Bae Soo Bin and Ji Sung bring with them will help the drama exceed the ratings of its predecessor.

Source:  Sports Seoul

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/08/19/first-stills-from-ji-sung-and-hwang-jung-eums-secret/

Guest NEWMARIO

class="title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 12px 15px 12px 20px; font-weight: normal; font-family: ProcionoRegular, Georgia, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 2.1em; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border: 1px solid rgb(205, 205, 205); background-image: url(http://dramabucks.com/wp-content/themes/made/images/single-header-bg.png); background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; "“Secret”Ji Sung & Hwang Jung Eum’s Violent Physical Contact From First Shot 21663_202088903286216_140755383_n

0Posted August 19, 2013 by DramaBucks
 FULL ARTICLE 

KBS2 new drama “Secret” unveiled photo stills from first shooting showing intense atmosphere between Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung.

B20130819101123797

First filming was taken from a police station in Gyeonggi Province last 11th of August. The two people meet as a victim and a suspect. Filming for the scenes took a long time. Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung receives praises from the staffs for their perseverance in filming. Hwang Jung Eum’s role is a melodramatic heroine which is different from the roles she portrayed in TV dramas before. The upcoming drama’s breathtaking suspense surprised everyone and raised expectations from the viewers.

In the series, Ji Sung’s character, who was a second generation chaebol and has everything but a good personality, falls in love with an innocent but tenacious woman who went to prison for his girlfriend’s death.

On the other hand, Hwang Jung Eum’s role sacrifices her future by going to prison in her boyfriend’s place after he kills a woman in a hit-and-run accident. But in return for her selfless affection, he abandons her. Refusing to give in to despair, she emerges from prison a stronger woman who’s determined to make a fresh start and live differently.

“Secret” is expected to be broadcast beginning September 11 when ‘Swords & Flower’ ends. Cast also includes actor Bae Soo Bin and actress Lee Da Hee.

cr:/dramabucks

Источник:http://dramabucks.com/drama/secretji-sung-hwang-jung-eums-violent-physical-contact-from-first-shot/

Guest NEWMARIO

qkwg1.jpg

AsianWiki
Here's the first still images from upcoming KBS2 drama series SECRET LOVE (literal title "Secret") starring Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-Eum. 

The still images are from the first day of filming, which took place at a police station in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on August 11, 2013. The scene involves Min-Hyuk (Ji Sung) almost losing control of his emotions when he sees Yoo-Jung (Hwang Jung-Eum), who is accused of killing his girlfriend in a hit-and-run incident. Meanwhile, Yoo-Jung now viewed as a murderer ... panics. 

SECRET LOVE airs September 11, 2013 in South Korea.

http://asianwiki.com/Secret_Love

So the scrips won fisrt prize in a contest,does that mean they have the whole story already finished?i only see it normal that it would be completed(like a book tha's won,needs to be completed)...so if that's the case i'm kinda happy and hope they will stick to it till the end without changing a thing like they most do when netizens don't like something...and another plus is that if the script is already completed it was made with time and not pressed by it like many shows out there

Miky88 said: So the scrips won fisrt prize in a contest,does that mean they have the whole story already finished?i only see it normal that it would be completed(like a book tha's won,needs to be completed)...so if that's the case i'm kinda happy and hope they will stick to it till the end without changing a thing like they most do when netizens don't like something...and another plus is that if the script is already completed it was made with time and not pressed by it like many shows out there