♡ JoU Couple ♡ :: Jo Jung Suk ♥ IU [Official Thread]

akinahana89

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah... I think this ship is taking a long, long detour - slowly drifting at sea, lost but unable to admit it - so we'll just drift, drift, drift and hope, one day, we can make it home. Haha.

But honestly, I think I'm okay... JJS is happy with Gummy. IU is happy with JKH. They are both happy and I think that's the most important. Even if JoU isn't real in the aspect that they are in love with each other and want to be in a relationship, there is no doubt that they are very close friends who keep in contact with each other and support each other. That, too, is a very special bond.

And let's not forget that JoU is also the reason why we became so united as a family. If not for JoU, we wouldn't be here today - all together. ^^

• 2 months later...

@akinahana89 @babyviolets @dekka @edensor 

Annyeong chingu!! Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. It feels like a very long time since our last exchange. I just want to confess something to you and feel this is the most appropriate place for it since it involves our OTP. Okay, perhaps not together per se but relating to both nonetheless.

Have been extremely happy for the successes both JJS and IU have experienced. And I am sincere when I say that if both are happy with the people they are with, than I am happy for them. I think there might be something wrong with me, however, because despite the time that's past since we learned of their relationships, I'm just not feeling it...the connections. That's not to say I don't accept them. Rather, I feel like the timing for both might just be a little off, and schedules may prove to be more of an obstacle for both couples. I admit that I just read that Soompi article about notable celebrity breakups. :P  Regardless, that doesn't change how I feel -- that our ship is far from ready for dry dock. Do you think this might be a case of delulu or just plain denial?!?! :blink:

Hi @meahri66! It's good to hear from you!

I'm not sure if it's denial or the land of delulu, but I kind of feel the same way. I just can't wrap my head around the thought that there was nothing but friendship for JoU. (But even if that's all there was and we were really just insane the whole time, I'd still be happy that the two are so close with each other.)

But despite that, I'm still incredibly happy for JJS with Gummy and IU with JKH. I've wondered if I was disrespecting their relationships by leaving my signature up this way, but I can't bear to take it down just yet...

@akinahana89

IMHO, I don't think it's disrespectful that you still haven't changed your signature. Especially since all your actions and words convey admiration and support for their accomplishments and their choices. It anything, I think your signature can be interpreted as your way of honoring the drama and its characters and how the actors brought them to life...so much so, that they became very real to us. I think that's a testament to their talent and combined chemistry.

If we say negative things about Gummy and JKH, or we actually came right out and indicated we don't like them together with JJS or IU, it would be a different story. But since we truly want them to be happy, I'd like to think our delulu thoughts would not be deemed offensive.  LOL. Hoping I'm not trying too hard to validate my reasoning.  :lol: 

@meahri66

Haha. I guess you have a point, which also means I shouldn't feel guilty about continuing my YTBLSS fanfics, which are long overdue. I was preparing to restart them when the dating news broke out, first for one and then for the other, and I had to question myself on whether or not I should continue, since, I think, the biggest part of our fanfic writing days was because we wanted so badly to see IU and JJS together. :D

But since I don't want to stop being delulu quite yet... Let's continue down our journey as always, even if we're quite limited in number now. ^^

• 1 year later...

JoU reunion at the 2016 SBS Drama Awards. JJS was there for his drama, Jealousy Incarnate, and IU was there for her drama, Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. Practically sitting on opposite sides of the room, they were still able to greet each other, even if it was just a short few seconds. ^^

Archived