[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

14 hours ago, kookiemongg said:

. KJK's mom clearly stated KJK was there with them.

I thought she described leaving a note for JK which would imply that he wasn't there. It's been a while since that episode, my memory is kinda blurry now.

13 hours ago, linzer03 said:

for some reason they feel the need to downplay it

This. If anything that whole episode felt that way. We KNOW that SA are at least very close as friends. But the way that episode turned out, it almost felt like they weren't that close, which we know isn't true.

• Like 1

Hey! I'm a new member here. I've been following SA since a while now and I love love SJH. I had a few things in mind and I wanted to know if they were actually correct.

The way KJK acts wary when SJH suddenly comes near him when the cameras are on. Is it because he doesn't want everyone to know how close they are? Because as far as I've noticed, whenever SJH comes to hug him or anything, he glanced at the cameras as if warning her not to come too close.

Also, since SJH is so reserved and generally not so open to new people, don't you think her relationship with Yang Se Chan is because he is so close to KJK before he even joined RM. 

And I have this hunch that they are not showing too many of SA moments because SA wants to keep it private until they are ready to get married.

I'm sorry for the long post but I'm so frustrated that I don't have answers. Usually I don't like not knowing and this one has been soo long that it's testing my patience now. I didn't know where to discuss this because I don't have a lot of friends following RM or SA and then I found this forum

This is gold btw. It's amazing how you've kept it up for so long 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks for all the clarification above! I have not followed SA so closely to know much about them except for watching some snippets from RM and that particular episode of MUD. Thinking out loud again:

1. If my reading of the subs is correct, I had ths impression that they were all on the plane together and JH was the only one undisturbed by the turbulence, and slept through it. I cannot remember who made this statement. Was it the host? How did he know? Probably scripted where there are some facts they pre-planned to raise on the show? Nonetheless, KJK's mom clearly indicated they were in the same flight!

2. I think JH surprised reaction was not so much about seeing or knowing KJK moved out on his own. But it was her reactions to his chicken smoothie, his workout etc that makes me feel kinda uneasy or pardon me, a little disgusted. Even if SA is not a couple, but as friends for 9 years on the same variety show, please dont tell us she doesn't know at all how he works out or what healthy food he eats?? 

3. It seems to me MUD is a show aiming at showcasing these mothers with bachelor sons whom they wish they can marry off. BUT, KJK's mom must have such good sense and acting face to literally really show her desperation to see him date and marry. I mean, if he is truly dating already, she can tone down those desperate remarks, etc. And every female guest is a good candidate, it seems.

4. If it makes everyone uncomfortable to have JH guest MUD and had to pretend they are mere colleagues, why bother inviting her to MUD? And she accepted!

5. Another observation I have that confused me is the fact that these celebrities (in our case, the SA couple), on one hand, they are so secretive on the whole dating topic, never tell us who they are dating, seemingly dating is a secret, so on and so forth. But on the other hand, they also mention their dating experiences openly every now and then on RM. JH would say what her bf has done, and KJK also would join conversations about his gf. Yet, we never knew or heard who they are/were dating. What was more fixated in my memory was the episode in RM where JH talk about her bf was only interested in looking at her in the cinema (and KJK was quiet); and then he said he also likes to only look at his gf and takes pictures of his gf all the time (and JH put on a poker face when he was telling this). Even if they were not referring to each other, why the need to be so openly talking about their bf/gf? The rest also did not openly reveal their dating scenes.

In any case, they are an interesting couple to watch and I hope we will see the fruits of our labour (labour of watching, scrutinizing their actions, analysing sequence of events, etc)!

• Like 1

@apk02 Welcome! It can be frustrating to ship spartace, but it's also good fun if you let yourself relax and just enjoy the ride. And I think most of your observations are correct. Most of the time we see SJH and KJK interact is in front of cameras. It's not surprising that a couple trying to keep their relationship secret would be very wary of the cameras whenever they interact on RM. I don't know if SJH is close with YSC because of KJK, even if she's slow to befriend people, she is capable of forming friendships on her own. But there are definitely other instances where we know one of SA is close to the guests but we see the other half of SA treating the guest like a good friend as well even though there's no prior known interaction between them.

Just some thoughts:

SJH and KJK are trying to do their jobs on RM and MUD first and foremost. They're both SBS shows, so the decision for SJH to go on MUD may be a higher-up decision that she doesn't have much say in. Most celebs can't really afford to richard simmons off a big broadcasting station, so the decision about which shows to go on may be out of their hands. It also means that RM and MUD are more likely to be on the same page because they're both under SBS.

KJK's mom has been appearing on variety shows with him since his Turbo days. She's more experienced that we give her credit for, I think. She's also playing a role on MUD, and I'm sure she gets prompting by the producers to act in a certain way. 

RM and MUD want to bring up topics that are going to attract audiences - if SA are a hot topic, then MUD will definitely want SJH to guest. Which SA was a sort-of loveline at the time, so having SJH guest was relevant to attracting audiences. It was the same with HJY. She and KJK became a popular loveline and attracted audiences' attention, so of course RM and MUD is going to want HJY on the show. Another thing that audiences can find interesting is celeb dating stories. So RM and MUD are going to ask their casts to talk about past dating experiences. There's also a big difference between telling a dating story and telling the public who you're dating/have dated. Telling dating stories is vague and leaves the audience (like us) guessing who KJK's girlfriends have been. There's no guessing when actual relationships are revealed. The other RM members talk about their relationships too when RM calls for it. Dating anecdotes are fun and are, imo, very different from revealing to the public your relationship. 

• Like 4

Hi all!

So happy to see the forum getting a bit more active lately. My new shipper self needs daily Spartace dose lol.

Thank you @linzer03 @dydrawer @Adora Dark for the elaborations on MUD. For new shippers such as myself, and I’m sure the others as well, watching MUD that was way back in 2018, with everything else that had happened after that can be a bit confusing, so your posts really help a lot. 

Now that I’ve read about HYJ and her clarifications on their dating rumour after they won the 2018 SBS award, as well as YJS and KJK himself addressing it became clearer that they were indeed a business couple, one that arose for the sake of the rating. 
That being said, if SJH and KJK have already been dating when KJK was promoted as this hot, single bachelor, I can only imagine how it was like when the cameras were off. It was a bit weird that he was on MUD to find a prospect when he already has one by his side. I guess that’s how SK showbiz works?

I have a somewhat unrelated (to MUD) question if anyone could help me out; KJK was posting pics of shows for a while back then. It won’t take a genius to put two and two together and relate that the shoes in between his legs belong to SJH. My Q is, do you all think he was aware of what people could theorise with that bit of info, or was he just oblivious to the whole thing?

2 hours ago, fgtoev1 said:

It was a bit weird that he was on MUD to find a prospect when he already has one by his side. I guess that’s how SK showbiz works?

That is exactly my own sentiments. I am new to Spartace and therefore watching MUD now together with all the fans' snippets of the couple in RM certainly added more curiosity and questions. 

2 hours ago, fgtoev1 said:

My Q is, do you all think he was aware of what people could theorise with that bit of info, or was he just oblivious to the whole thing?

As a seasoned celebrity posting on IG, I should think KJK knows how his posts would be perceived, especially posts that involved his rumoured girlfriend. Right? Perhaps he just can't be bothered too much anymore. 

What I am really wondering is, if he has been portraying as a bachelor who is keen to find a girl to settle down with, how long are they intending to keep up with this pretense (assuming it is all necessary for a topic in the showbiz)? It must be so hard to be pretending he is single and if his gf is really SJH, this whole denial scene is kinda tiring, isn't it? I guess only the celebrities will know. We are not living their lives to understand everything.

Hi! @fgtoev1, @apk02@AquariusMY

Welcome to the ship and please enjoy the ride :)

Well, it's always interesting to witness JH or JK facial expression at the mentioned of the other while being guested at another TV shows. Big Pictures, Knowing Bros (JH episode back in 2018), and Pajama's Friends might be the top three that I recommend. As MUD and RM being under the same label, the production team in MUD would follow what RM shows to us. But, it's still interesting too to watch how JH being stressed out when being asked if she ever consider JK as a nice man. She touched her hairs a lot at that question, and scratched her head to answer that, lol. Later, she even drank the water to much too, I guess, when she said I emptied half of the bottle already. JK's mom also teased JH a lot, making a "reduction to absurdity" theory worked by saying "It's never work, they've been together for 8 years but nothing happened," and... she answered her directly by saying... "No, it's not like that. We can't get the feeling mixed when we're working together,"

What is JH trying to prove here? IMO, she proved the earlier statement wrong, like she's saying, actually it could work out.

Same like when Kim Hee Chul making the statement in Knowing Bros to JH, "Relax, no one here really think you two are dating,"

I've repeated JH's reaction to this absurd statement for numerous times, her eyes trembled like she finally realized, her effort of denying was so obvious. It's another example of "reduction to absurdity" worked when JH snapped. Why she had to be so sensitive at the mention of him, when no one really think they're together? Then her epic rebuttal was made. What happened if we're truly dating? Oh, my mind just think this is her another indirect way to prove the previous statement wrong.

I don't think JK has ever met this condition tho, when he had to prove his relationship with JH to the absurd statement, please let me know if there's one. Because, I've never remembered JK being opposed to the statement like, "You must be really awkward to JH, right?" or "You have nothing between you and SJH," so he had to prove otherwise like JH did. He always face the statements like "You aren't jealous are you?" or "They're a kind of couple so I call her Mrs. Kim," which he can easily managed it by simply saying "No,"

It's true that no one knows about this two real score, since they kept their relationship so private. But, with so many hidden hints, hidden moments, I don't think what we have for these years is completely wrong. In my eyes their relationship is clearly blossoming from acquaintance --> work colleague --> friend  --> best friend --> sibling --> young lover and became matured couple. They barely knew each other at the beginning and now they felt a slightest change of each other like he knew the tone of her voice when she lied, or she knew his annoyance by just looking from a far, lol... 

Ah, I ramble my thought too much again, hope that it didn't make any of you confuse. Please forgive me if it does, and feel free to disagree about my opinion.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, fgtoev1 said:

I have a somewhat unrelated (to MUD) question if anyone could help me out; KJK was posting pics of shows for a while back then. It won’t take a genius to put two and two together and relate that the shoes in between his legs belong to SJH. My Q is, do you all think he was aware of what people could theorise with that bit of info, or was he just oblivious to the whole thing?

To answer this, I might be wrong, but I've seen him doing this for a while, not recently, but please do confirm it to the expert (since I didn't really remember it well).

On 5/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, AquariusMY said:

What I am really wondering is, if he has been portraying as a bachelor who is keen to find a girl to settle down with, how long are they intending to keep up with this pretense (assuming it is all necessary for a topic in the showbiz)? It must be so hard to be pretending he is single and if his gf is really SJH, this whole denial scene is kinda tiring, isn't it? I guess only the celebrities will know. We are not living their lives to understand everything.

Yeah, true, it's worth an explanation what you've pointed out here... I also don't know what hindered them to say everything, but that's their choice. So many theories in my mind, but perhaps the leading one is because of the show. They will jeopardize the entire show if they announce their relationship. Sadly, that's how k-biz worked.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, elzy said:

Yeah, true, it's worth an explanation what you've pointed out here... I also don't know what hindered them to say everything, but that's their choice. So many theories in my mind, but perhaps the leading one is because of the show. They will jeopardize the entire show if they announce their relationship. Sadly, that's how k-biz worked.

As long as both of them still in RM, I don't think they can really reveal their relationship, if they are. I mean the consequences of that is too big for RM as a whole...

On another view, let's assume they are couple now. Both of them sure not rushed to marriage yet as both are comfortable on being together in secret. I mean they sure meet each other once per week anyway because of RM shooting, and God knows what they are doing during the shooting, and other time they can focus on their work/career and also their own life...

You know, so close yet have some personal space for both of them?

Like I said before, we as shippers sure having dilemmas...If they reveal, then RM is over. If don't want RM to end prematurely, they can't really reveal their relationship early.

Thank you!

Did anyone watch the new episode? Did it seem like SJH was leaning down towards KJK after he got pissed with JSJ at around 1hr10mins.

And KJK never fails to mention SJH in the opening♥️

Hi, I’m a Spartace shipper as well and I follow this forum pretty often. All these moments really give me the feeling that they are together. I am aware that both are close to James T1ny too but did anybody notice how ji Hyo sometimes wears hats with T1ny customised on them at the side in running man? It’s the brand called blackblond but the  T1ny is not part of the original design. :(

this is one of the instances where she wears it:

https://m.facebook.com/bkblond/photos/pcb.1982065098582177/1982064605248893/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

What do you’ll think about this?

Edited by Sindhuja Naidu

On 5/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, apk02 said:

Did it seem like SJH was leaning down towards KJK after he got pissed with JSJ at around 1hr10mins.

I read this somewhere! But frankly I didn’t see it, not the first time nor the hundredth time I watched the scene haha. But I don’t have sharp eyes so maybe some shippers here actually did notice this?

32 minutes ago, Sindhuja Naidu said:

I am aware that both are close to James T1ny too but did anybody notice how ji Hyo sometimes wears hats with T1ny customised on them at the side in running man

I read in this forum (while I was back reading) that Tiny designed the caps that JH wore? And I think she has worn quite a number of caps with Tiny written on it. Tiny oppa is honestly one of the main reasons I feel I’m not delusional about these two. He needs to go to Korea and feed us more SA crumbs! This has been a long drought. Hehe. 

Does anyone think that JH and KJK do travel together, but without no one knowing? It’s weird if they HAVE been together for as long as we thought they have, but not going on trips together. Their RM jobs really serve the best dating ground for them if you think about it though. Been watching the earlier episodes and it makes me giddy seeing KJK and SJH basically flirting with each other on screen. I wonder when they started ‘ignoring’ each other on screen..like we’ve been seeing lately, like when exactly did it start? Cos in the earlier 4++ episodes, KJK was still actively seeking for her but now he makes it a point not have big reactions so much (but of course he’s got to tease her once or twice lol).

8 hours ago, fgtoev1 said:

Does anyone think that JH and KJK do travel together, but without no one knowing? It’s weird if they HAVE been together for as long as we thought they have, but not going on trips together. Their RM jobs really serve the best dating ground for them if you think about it though.

I'm sure they date a lot in their cars (as much k celebs do). So, RM ep 251 where the RM members and guests talked about dating is an interesting ep. Now, if you look at the married men (HH, YJS, JSJ, etc.) they always talked about dated they went on with their wives. It was never about anyone before that. So, if KJK and SJH were together at that point, likely they would only write down dates with each other or partners that we back when they were in high school (e.g. KJK's nightclub date, which was so long ago and so young). Anyway, KJK wrote down both the USA and Thailand on his bingo card. SJH and KJK also both had home, car, river, restaurant, and mountain on their cards. Interestingly, SJH has a lot of scribbled out stuff on her card - which suggests she had a difficult time deciding where to place things or perhaps she was worried about giving too much away. 

김종국 ♡ 송지효 on Twitter: "Ep251 #spartace bingo board ...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

On 5/10/2020 at 12:48 AM, rizky abd said:

what song that kjk sing in min 5.18 ? is there video I can watch where he sing the song ?

hi. it's Paul Kim (폴킴) - 'Every day, Every Moment' (모든 날, 모든 순간) . ( i'll try to find the KJK's version and will post it here once i found it)

and both KMY and SJH chose this song (30:27) on KYC's radio show 

• Like 3

On 5/20/2020 at 2:35 AM, linzer03 said:

SJH and KJK also both had home, car, river, restaurant, and mountain on their cards

Did they not think anyone would put two and two together?

I hope this is OK cos I want to talk about SA but I’ll put it under spoiler just in case

Spoiler

Watch this video of JY and JK talking to a random stranger. Notice how JK was teaching the guy how to say ILY and asking him to say it to JY. The same JK who basically flipped out when Haha (HAHA! Who is almost like an actual brother to JH) ended a phone call with JH with ILY LOL. 

Although we haven’t been getting an on-screen assurance that they’re still together and it’s easy to think negatively,   one thing that personally keeps me afloat as a shipper is that it has been maintained that they are both loyal people, so I think we can be rest assured that even though they don’t show they’re close on camera, doesn’t mean they aren’t off camera. 

50 minutes ago, fgtoev1 said:

Although we haven’t been getting an on-screen assurance that they’re still together and it’s easy to think negatively,   one thing that personally keeps me afloat as a shipper is that it has been maintained that they are both loyal people, so I think we can be rest assured that even though they don’t show they’re close on camera, doesn’t mean they aren’t off camera. 

It's just so disheartening to see this tbh. I love their interactions when the camera is not focussing on them and it's so natural. But of late, they are pretending that the other one doesn't exist. And as far as I understand the Korean culture and the obsession of fans with their idols, I understand why one would want to keep their relationship a secret.

But it's just so so sad to watch this.

The things like SJH standing near KJK in his story and as you said the loyalty they have towards each other are the only things that are keeping my SA heart afloat.

I'm sorry for this being a negative post but I'm just so heartbroken.

2 hours ago, apk02 said:

It's just so disheartening to see this tbh. I love their interactions when the camera is not focussing on them and it's so natural. But of late, they are pretending that the other one doesn't exist. And as far as I understand the Korean culture and the obsession of fans with their idols, I understand why one would want to keep their relationship a secret.

But it's just so so sad to watch this.

The things like SJH standing near KJK in his story and as you said the loyalty they have towards each other are the only things that are keeping my SA heart afloat.

I'm sorry for this being a negative post but I'm just so heartbroken.

I miss seeing their dynamic on RM too. I also think the love line pushed things to far, so they made the decision to back off their interactions on RM. There are, of course, other possible explanations, but based on things we've seen, I think this is the most likely. It's sad for us shippers who like to see their interactions, but what can we do? I'd rather they make decisions they feel comfortable with, rather than force them to have interactions on RM for my sake. RM is RM, and their real lives are their real lives. While the two may bleed over from time to time, we should remember that just because they don't interact much in front of the cameras nowadays, it doesn't mean they aren't still close or dating in real life. Perhaps when they're ready we'll see more of the background SA interactions.

Everyone, please remember that shipping should be fun! If you feel it's bringing you down too much, don't feel bad if you need to take a break. We'll still be here when you come back.

• Like 5

Quick throwback time for those who, like me, never noticed these before. All credits go to the Chinese fandom and @snal as indicated on the pics.

Ep 365. We have all watched and revelled in the intimacy SA exhibited during this particular episode. But how many of you caught KJK's reaction to SJH's finger hearts? It's so brief that you may blink and miss it, but it's there. Considering how fast he closes his finger, is this one of those times the body responded before the mind?

v2-7aa3664b362246732e55b81d129c7643_hd.w

v2-45c1d42efc954f200ad25ac4d2013734_720w

Ep 366. They are flipping their hands in lieu of rock-paper-scissors and those who win after every round touch/pile them up. Apart from KJK, who opts for hand-holding with one specific person. We've discussed before about his instinctive yet unnecessary and a bit possessive gestures, it's an interesting topic.

v2-89af545ae3601c29a29729070b6b1f94_hd.w

When the rest win:

v2-ff134275b5317d006549c7397c18248c_720w

When SA:

v2-8c28b14e4781f4a7d975a5882aa338d7_720w

Also, I've read all the latest posts (interesting points everyone!) and here are my two cents regarding certain topics:

~ Additionally to following PDs' directions, often celebrities have to promote sister/same network shows, there may be such conditions in their contracts. Wondering whether SJH's (and other RM members') guesting on MUD is an indication they are dating or, vice versa, proof they aren't, as they should be avoiding uncomfortable situations, is really just scratching the surface of the matter.

~ The format of MUD requires a set of people - the mothers, the guest and the hosts - to watch scripted segments of certain celebrities' personal lives, emotionally react and comment on them. Imagine if SJH , during her appearance, was like "Yeah, I've seen him exercising while touring with RM" or "Ah, that green drink, yeah it's nasty" or "Sure he has abs, he shows them off in every RM concert and did you forget LKS stripped him once?" etc....Not exactly the entertaining response you expect from a guest now, is it? Even KJK's own mother occasionally feigns surprise despite knowing where her son is at the time of the shooting and which family members he is meeting.

~ KJK has been playing the eligible bachelor for many years, before even RM started, let alone MUD. Ever since he embarked on variety TV, he has always been portrayed as a guy looking for a girlfriend, a notion that intensified the more he aged. His charm even spread overseas in shows like Ding Ge Long Dong Qiang, where he was partnered up with Lynn Hung. Throughout his career he has embraced or just been tossed into love lines, and he always had to maintain the balance between this aspect of his work and his actual romantic relationships. This has been his reality before SJH (or whoever is his current lover anyway) entered his life. Thus, without underestimating the sacrifices and struggles that come with it, I don't think that the impact of the restrictions imposed by MUD has the intensity which fans imagine. If anything, both KJK and SJH appear content with prioritising their jobs.

• Like 6
  • Love 1