Quantcast
firstnadya007

SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Am I the only one who's frustrated whenever someone mentions that Spartace is such a forced "loveline"?

First of all, SA was never meant to be a loveline and was never a loveline. KJK clearly doesn't want to be in a loveline, and neither does SJH. She'd joke about SA, but then stopped the more the ship gets noticeable. I think that SJH was a little more laid back about SA than KJK was. Maybe if they were actually in a relationship, KJK might've told SJH to tone it down so that they won't get exposed.

And I'm implying a lot towards Kookmin. Since we're in the topic of this (though I don't want to continue the topic, I can't help but talk about it) I might as well. I don't know why, but KM shippers always seem to absolutely HATE SA shippers, and the ship it self. I don't know why they're so ticked off with SA. Maybe this is just me, I only skimmed over the KM community, but in a lot of YouTube compilation comments, I see some KM shippers bashing on SA. Again, probably just me.

SA was never meant to be a loveline in the show. It's only for fandoms to ship. 

I also want to mention some KM shippers saying that KJK ships JSM and YSC because he's jealous. My question is: Why would he? Why would anyone with the right mind, do that? No one gets jealous and ships them with other people. It just doesn't make sense. And also like I mentioned, KJK doesn't like being in a loveline. He got a chance to get rid of it. He most likely will. He doesn't want to be shipped with JSM as much as he doesn't want it with SJH. He's just not that type of guy who would like being shipped with many girls. He clearly get uncomfortable with the too many ships. He's rather not be exposed with ships.

I want to mention that I'm new here, I've been a silent reader for maybe a few weeks, but I've shipped SA for quite a while now. I don't want anyone to get offended of what I say. I'm sorry if anyone did. I'm just trying to point out the fact that KJK never liked being shipped, and that him shipping YSC and JSM is NOT his jealousy, but rather a way to escape. With why said, I'm once again sorry if anyone is offended of what I said. Thanks.

And I'm also sorry for bringing KM up. This is the last time I will talk about this. Or maybe at everything, I just like being a neutral silent reader, but sometimes I can't help but comment.

• Like 6

Silent lurker here for a few years! I love coming onto this forum after the show airs and hearing everyone's thoughts. I love spartace and they are my first ever ship! I don't ever ship anyone and I didn't even know what shipping was until I started getting into spartace. I hated, like really hated Monday Couple. It was so awkward and I could tell a lot of times how uncomfortable Ji Hyo was with it. I never understood why people loved that loveline so much. There was a point I stopped watching Running Man because I just didn't want to see that loveline on the show. I liked Gary as a character and person on the show and it gave SJH screen time but the chemistry wasn't there and just made me cringe. 

I was always looking forward to interactions between SJH and KJK and them teaming up. There use never be any screen time with them together and they rarely teamed up. One I understood because they are both powerful players but it was always disappointing and bit strange to me. Little tells between KJK and SJH tell so much and how anyone thinks their actions are like just siblings is beyond me. KJK is so conservative and old fashion and I've watched him since Xman days. He's so careful with female celebrities and he isn't all that careful with SJH and how he touches her. He's gotten closer to So Min but I think he's really more older brotherly to her than anything else. She's just the type of character he wouldn't want in  a romantic partner. I actually think a loveline between So Min and Gary if he was still on the show would be so entertaining!

I do get frustrated with other fans calling spartace shippers delusional but I try to ignore them. I've been looking forward to some kind of announcement from them for years and really do hope they are together! 

• Like 4

It seems that the Holiday Season allowed a bit of free time for our forum sunbaenims to post. I miss all of your thoughts guys. :D

I was reading this week's post and something clicked in my head.

Someone may have posted about this before but I'm not sure. It's always been SpartAce Couple not as Spartace Siblings. RM PD's even considered them as the strongest couple but why not as the strongest siblings if family is how they considered themselves to be?! B)

And yes, they may have denied the rumors between them but (cmiiw) NO official news from their agencies. In an entertainment culture where agencies always have to say a word to any rumors, there was nothing of that sort. They can just simply leave a statement saying, "No, they're just friends". Not that we believe agencies statements 100% but is it too difficult to do so? I'd like to rest my case. :crazy:

Now, I'll put this in a spoiler tag as this can be a lil' bit depressing for some.

Spoiler

With all the SA moments throughout this year, it is sad knowing that people assume that all SA shippers are JSM's haters. Comments on IGs are getting toxic and I just wish it to stop. Two RM angels left us because of cyber bullying and I hope this should serve as a yellow card for EVERYONE. I've seen a couple of JSM and SJH hater fan groups and it's VILE and CRUEL. I've reported and all but IG is too rich to assign a customer service representative to check it out instead of sending automatic response that it doesn't violate community guidelines. Ugh. 

If you're a realist like me, lock some of your doubts away and once an official announcement has been made from both of them, decide on what to do with them. Until then, just enjoy because that's what life should be all about. ;)

Happy shipping and a Happy Holidays everyone! Be safe and healthy! :wub:

Here's a clip of a Perfect (pun intended) song for our Perfect couple. One of my favourite, IG compilations. Kudos owner! 

**If you haven't, please watch this week's episode. Ryan Reynolds is the bomb. LOLS. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

once.. its a harmless coincidence. Twice, probably human mistakes. But keep repeating it its like admitting. Dont forget  SJH also admitting on KB she loves Optimus Prime and Haha on another show says KJK is OP. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Here's an mv (CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU) I recently made dedicated to these two. Gosh I got quite emotional creating this hehe.Hope you guys enjoy watching it. Merry Christmas and wishing you all a happy new year. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@tasg I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are indeed a new fan who's just wary and worried about things, and that you're not a troll.  I went through the same thing a few months ago, worried about this and that.  I've learned some helpful things along the way, and I hope these will be helpful to you too:

--- Try to scan through the old posts here, because I think anything and probably everything about Spartace has been discussed. If you encounter something from the past, try to get the date, and then go the posts after that date.  Yes, you will miss some posts because there are a lot already, but it will still be very helpful.

--- Remember that what's important is the overall arc of the Spartace story.  Try not to be stuck in specific moments - look at the big picture and overall story, which the moments contribute to.  If you do that, it's really hard not to conclude that they are/have been together.

--- Not all moments are created equal.  Sure we always look for them but some can be replicated with other members (because they all care about each other).  Some though are indeed bigger and more important than others.  We decide which is which in our head, but that will be helpful when you also see the moments mentioned in other ships.  And then go back to the second point - what is the overall story.  

As for the 'drought', if you look at latest episodes, there are still some small ones.  Some huge ones during the bio terrorist and the producers/ghosts episodes.  You also need to look outside of RM - like Five Cranky Brothers.  Tiny Oppa tweeted about the prettiest Angry Bird some weeks back.  The biggest, and most telling, is the Vietnam fanmeet.  I guess Spartace and fanmeets just really go together well.  :)  They can't (or choose not to) hide AND there's no editing involved.  

It's a wild ride, but a fun one!  I hope it's one that you can enjoy!  

Spoiler

With the possibility of veiled insults thrown this way, I still want to post that if we came from a place of compassion, we can give the newbies, who are not outright rude, the benefit of the doubt.  They could indeed be newbies who are unsure of Spartace because they haven't seen all the videos, discussed all the important moments, etc.  While I understand how it can be annoying that things are repeated, more often than not, it's the the fault of the poster.  We can be at least compassionate if we get annoyed.  On the other hand, I understand it's also the choice of the poster whatever tone they want to use.  

• Like 3

Wondering who KJK was talking to and why Tiny was interested in posting this if  not that he was talking to his girlfriend. Look like his friends now know who that girl is. Should we hope?

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, Tanya said:

Wondering who KJK was talking to and why Tiny was interested in posting this if  not that he was talking to his girlfriend. Look like his friends now know who that girl is. Should we hope?

I think it might be some one close to him because if it's work related stuffs then it's normally his manager Gap Jin who deals with it right? But again there's nothing sure cause' he might be discussing work with a very close friend on his own =))) from my POV the person he's talking to could not be his girlfriend since he kept such a poker face. 

IMO, in the context of shipping, concerning about one's attitude towards another person outside our ship is normal, yet unnecessary, especially if that ruin the fun of shipping. Honestly, I enjoy seeing JK or JH interacts with others too. And that leads me to weigh those interactions. It's funny that our SA always top the rest in the category of intimacy and chemistry. No, JK had never laid his hand on some girl's waist mindlessly, numerous times even, other than towards JH, or ever rested his head in someone's head, or even continuously over protective towards someone (if there's someone who receive these treatments other than JH might be his mom). So, do I had to give a damn concern about other ship? No, I will not. JK might be friends with everyone, but he never highlighted his friendship/relationship towards JH. In fact, JK knows JH too well, if we can believe the portray of her as a quiet person who doesn't go outside and interact with others, JK knew when JH learned Twice TT's dance at home and JH knew JK outfit at home. Oh, well, they're just family, like they've said to us. Who bought that story anymore when everything that they say always contradict? I remember ever watched some clip about YJS' love story in his early year dating with his wife. It is said that YJS also hid it from everyone around him, but turned out everyone knew it. I can sense it in our SA case. How JK got angry to HH, that he spilled everything, and HH replied it, everyone knew about him, even there's no article about it yet. Only time will tell, tho, the real score between them.

Well, in recent RM episode, when everyone guessed JH as the ghost, it's interesting that LKS asked her to look at JK's eyes. Okay, to be fair, JK is known as a fiercest one to digging a liar's hole, but the point is how they both only laugh and cannot even stare at each other's eyes.

Hence, SBS Awards will be held tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to it. Idk if JK could be there or not, because of his second day at Real Kook Concert in Seoul. I hope he will join the SBS Awards too, and I hope our SA would have a great time there.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrated it here. May the joy be with everyone. Happy shipping!

• Like 1

Spartace isn't about individual moments, but a long collection of moments made up over the span of years. Trust me when I say at no point this year has there been a spartace drought to the degree we used to get back in 2015-2016. You could see KJK and SJH start to approach each other and then the camera would immediately cut away. 

If y'all have any specific spartace moments that you'd like us to discuss, please share them. I'm more than happy to analyze and share my thoughts, and I'm sure others are as well. 

Anyways (this is a bit late as I've been sick), happy holidays to everyone! 

• Like 2

I'd like to momentarily rewind the discussion to...Rewind (yeah, bad pun) and @kookiemongg's post. Blame the length of my previous post for not including this part. So, when I first saw KJK (twice) mentioning SJH's name out of the blue on Rewind (aka in a show unrelated to RM), I wanted to make sure our fandom wasn't viewing the whole moment out of context. Therefore, I had to ask if the game they were playing was related to guessing names based on given descriptions. It was very pleasant to hear that the purpose of the game (three teams solving three cases) was irrelevant and that neither KJK, nor anyone else spelt other names, additionally to SJH's. So, basically, KJK softly mentioned her name just because a random description reminded him of her, no one asked him about her, no game rules prompted him to do so, none of the rest cast members followed him and he didn't really mention any others either. If this isn't an adorable little moment, I don't know what it is.

Also, tonight it was brought to my attention (thanks kookiemongg) that SA had danced to "Bboom Bboom" not only in Hong Kong last winter, but also in Taipei in 2018. For anyone who, like me, had never watched that performance and was only aware of the spicy backhug in Hong Kong, here's a video from a not-so-favourable-for-SA angle, uploaded by TING JEN. If anyone of you has a better source for the Taipei fanmeet performance, please do share it here.

Regarding the episode with Ryan Reynolds, you may have seen others remarking how SA were standing close to each other for a good portion of the episode. Contrary to other episodes, I think it's particularly worth noting their casual proximity this time because the Hollywood celebrities had fully taken the spotlight. With the exception of their probably pre-arranged seats upon introducing the actors, I believe in every other moment it's just SA naturally/subconsciously standing side by side. They don't follow any line up, apart from KJK occasionally standing out as the head of his team (and you will notice him in one of those moments walking away from his spot next to SJH to take the lead), they are pretty mixed up. And it makes sense, as their entire focus is on their special and very famous guests whose reactions they must follow/highlight, all the RM members are more free to mingle and behave without a strict order in mind. Proof that even Hwang Bo-ra stands in the background at points even though she is also a guest, or that JSM doesn't interact too much with YSC, despite their being on the same team and in a loveline. This results in SA more comfortably standing side by side, without anything game-related inciting them to be together. They just naturally are.

8 hours ago, elzy said:

Well, in recent RM episode, when everyone guessed JH as the ghost, it's interesting that LKS asked her to look at JK's eyes. Okay, to be fair, JK is known as a fiercest one to digging a liar's hole, but the point is how they both only laugh and cannot even stare at each other's eyes.

Additionally to what you're pointing out, I feel that this moment may have been a slight nod to how KJK supposedly gets infuriated with people closest to him who, however, end up being liars and betrayers, especially after Haha's sneaky actions. In that sense, it's interesting how LKS asks for SJH to look KJK in the eye - I don't think it would have the same effect asking YJS for example who is KJK's "rival" anyway, no matter how fiercely KJK stared at him. It's like LKS expects SJH not being able to lie to KJK both cause he has this brutal look and cause it's him, the one that will be the angriest if betrayed by her.

There are a few topics regarding older episodes I wanted but never managed to discuss - i.e. I disagree that in the episode 474 KJK caressed SJH solely to complete his mission - but I might end up typing for hours again, so I'll leave such a post for the near future. :sweatingbullets:

Meanwhile, let's all wish KJK good luck as he continues his concert schedule. It was nice seeing both YSC and JSM supporting and performing with him, something common among RM members (remember SJH has done so in the past too and their gestures weren't choreographed for the specific needs of a song but spontaneous :) ) and hopefully he will manage to attend the SBS awards as well.

• Like 4

To the newbies, when you get bothered by a 'moment' or a lack thereof, just remember that context and big picture are important.  I went through that so I understand perfectly what you feel.  I will give you 3 examples.

1) SJH as guest on MUD

I remember I read the article on Soompi about Jihyo saying they can't let their feelings get in the way of work.  I even posted about it here because I was worried.  But I watched the two episodes a few weeks ago and my goodness, they were a Spartace goldmine.  Especially if you read between the lines, specifically of one of the hosts and KJK's mom.  Even if the official story is that KJK is single, their comments and questions were just... I can't explain them fully.  You really need to watch.  It was really such a lesson for me, that video snippets and even articles do not tell the whole story.  You will need to watch the whole thing and also know the background and history related to the moments. 

2) SJH not in KJK's February 2019 Concert

I also asked about that here.  "If they're together, why didn't she support him?"  I don't buy the explanation that the coming of the guests was fully staged.  I think they were really going, and MUD adjusted around it and took advantage of it.  BUT, after careful research, I found out that SJH was even on stage in one of his past concerts.  I learned too that he has had a lot, she can't be in all of them.  It seems she was also busy at that time.  So that's the background and history.  As for context, well, from then until now we have had many many moments.  It wasn't the end of anything, it seems.

3) Soompi had an article about YJS's comment about him liking JSM

Some people were bothered when the article was released but when the episode came out, the two snippets referenced were not one after another and the whole scene was actually hilarious.  KJK's laugh was telling as it just screamed "what the heck!"  and "nonsense!"  Haha totally did not react - he was unaffected.  You can see SJH in the scene too, and JSM actually hid behind her again.

So yeah, context, and big picture.  Don't get bogged down by individual moments.  :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carambs said:

2) SJH not in KJK's February 2019 Concert

I also asked about that here.  "If they're together, why didn't she support him?"  I don't buy the explanation that the coming of the guests was fully staged.  I think they were really going, and MUD adjusted around it and took advantage of it.  BUT, after careful research, I found out that SJH was even on stage in one of his past concerts.  I learned too that he has had a lot, she can't be in all of them.  It seems she was also busy at that time.  So that's the background and history.  As for context, well, from then until now we have had many many moments.  It wasn't the end of anything, it seems.

I find it stupid that people even question that. Not everyone have free time to support him. Not even his (if so) girlfriend. 

They're all celebrities. They have a busy schedule. Though I believe they come to support him, I can't help but suspect it was maybe set up a bit. It's hard to believe that they were all free. Especially the appearance of YJS. He's a busy man, I'm surprised to see him. I don't know though.

But if I'm gonna be honest, KJK have a lot of concerts, and if SJH really is his gf, it makes more sense for her not to come. I mean, if I got a boyfriend who is a singer and hold a lot of concerts, after 10 I would've just watched the show at home. But that's my lazy butt saying that, might not be other people's cases. I also want to suspect that she's back stage or she came secretly. But her coming secretly seems a little stretched out. Besides, like I said, she's a celebrity, maybe she just doesn't have the time.

I will raise my guard only when someone give me SJH's schedule for that day. Other than that, haters can just shoo off. Their accusation are mostly stupid. We have more evidence about KJK and SJH from waaaay back.

13 hours ago, linzer03 said:

If y'all have any specific spartace moments that you'd like us to discuss, please share them. I'm more than happy to analyze and share my thoughts, and I'm sure others are as well. 

MUD! MUD!  MUD!  :D  My goodness, what a goldmine.  I don't even know where to start!!!  

The way SJH talked about KJK - you could really see that she knew him inside and out.  

The host (the one to the left of SJH) just couldn't help himself, hehe.  He had so many things to say.

And KJK's mom, even if she was for sure briefed on how to keep quiet about KJK's relationships over the years, cannot help herself with some of her questions too!  

I went back to the posts here after I watched the episode, and only one post mentioned the plane ride.  I was wondering, were there other documented trips of KJK with RM where he brought his mom?  The only times he could have brought her with him while he was with the RM cast were the fanmeets, right?  The Swiss trip happened after MUD.  Were there other trips before that?  I don't remember - when was NZ?  So it really could have been that NY trip?  

16 hours ago, elzy said:

... JK knew when JH learned Twice TT's dance at home and JH knew JK outfit at home.

Those were truly "OOOOOPS" moments for the two, I believe. :D

25 minutes ago, carambs said:

I guess I was stupid then? Sorry, I guess not everyone is as smart as you expect. *shrugs*

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend you. I just thought you were referring to the people who asked those questions. I just find it weird for people to be asking that. We don't know what exactly happened. So asking someone about it would be unnecessary. We don't know if they are dating, we just hope and wish they are. It's all speculations of us shippers. :PI'm sorry again if I offended you. I totally misinterpreted your comment.

@Bagelmaster Nah it's all good.

Anyone watching the SBS Awards live?  I ended up watching it live because I'm a fan of Yook Sungjae of BTOB and he was all over my feed and then I came across a link.  :)   Love it when my fan worlds collide (imagine how happy I was when Running Man chose to sing Only One For Me)

I thought KJK won't be able to make it but he arrived when they had a Turbo mock performance on stage, hehe.  

Does anyone know what SJH’s latest post says? I can read Hangul but i don’t understand and I read 종국 somewhere 

nvm I got too excited. It says 중국 but damn SJH I would at least have a better understanding if you used the space button lol 

If we look beyond the scripted RM introductions that include the typical variety-style teasing among the members, we'll see that:

a) Similar nonverbal gestures...

b) Best friend always showing his preferences (photo cr. @jkt1ny)...

...indicate which ones actually share a special bond when the lights fade out.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:16 AM, Bagelmaster said:

They're all celebrities. They have a busy schedule. Though I believe they come to support him, I can't help but suspect it was maybe set up a bit. It's hard to believe that they were all free. Especially the appearance of YJS. He's a busy man, I'm surprised to see him. I don't know though.

Additionally to busy schedules etc., people forget that it is common practice for a show's cast to support sister shows in the same channel. It's often part of their contracts. They get paid. That MUD appearance was bottomline business no matter how we look at it. The entire place was loaded with cameras and the episodes are planned long before the actual shooting.

Generally speaking, I think fans pay too much attention on who's guesting each time in KJK's concerts. SJH not guesting this year like in the past, automatically leads us to theorise on why she couldn't attend. Let's invert the question, how often do we see KJK's friends, co-workers and family attending these events without their being special guests? Not often. Does that mean they only seldom support him? That unless they collaborate with him on stage or the camera zooms on their faces in the audience, they aren't around, especially during his milestones? It doesn't make much sense.

• Like 2