Quantcast
firstnadya007

SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Wow, some  things went crazy when I'm gone,

Well All I know Linzer and Adines already active when I found this forum back in 2K15, its okay to be straightforward, but don't be rude. For me, honestly, I rarely doubt what these two share, now days it seems the intensity of our discussion is not so great, treasuring all the post is one way to make our forum hotter. its okay to curious and questioning what other share, but always be respectful, we don't know each other, how each of us live, why adding more enemy and search for more trouble, this shipping is for fun and to satisfy our thirst of beautiful romance, so lets enjoy and keep calm. #peace 

Ep 481

20:21 - KJK and SJH celebrate with team.

38:05 - SJH turns to KJK when she's relieved she didn't say lie. He also tells her "good job, good job"

38:18 - When JSJ was yelling at SJH, KJK cut in to say JSJ looked like a con man asking for an investment.

59:51 - Again, KJK looks over at SJH, they make eye contact and laugh.

1:00:28 - The camera cuts away, but it looks like SJH's about to grab KJK's arm as she looks out the window at the ocean. We're never know what happens because the shot changed.

1:00:39 - I just thought it was cute, spartace avoiding YSC together.

1:00:47 - It looks like SJH is reaching for KJK, but LKs hanging from the ceiling is in the way lol

1:01:20 - YSC is going after SJH and KJK, KJK pushes YSC to save them.

1:01:37 - KJK extends his arm in front of SJH (idk if it's protective instinct) when YSC coming towards them. 

1:03:42 - KJK seems to be saying something to his team, and SJH extends her hand when answering.

1:03:51 - KJK is saying something to SJH with a smile it seems.

1:04:06 - KJK and SJH dodging together again. They pretty moved around the train together other than the few times they got separated by bad timing. It was interesting to see that they would move past the blind folded person one after the other multiple times during the games. Most of the time they'd end up on the same side of the train.

1:06:17 - KJK and SJH mirroring each other's standing position. 

1:12:02 - KJK and SJH are talking to one another about their team's plan

1:16:28 - SJH adorably shouts "Kim Jong Kook" to cheer him on.

Also, spartace on the same team won at the end. 

• Like 7

On 12/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, kook_mong said:

I have watched the recent Five Cranky Brothers episode and it is indeed interesting that JK HAD to mention he is not thrifty with his girlfriend. He could say he is generous with his friends (which we all know is very true and more evident as we have never seen him out with an official girlfriend~yet) but he had to blurt out the 'girlfriend' again on his show. As I pretty much depend on the English translation, I can't really confirm if how he said the word, 'girlfriend' though it was mentioned above that it is in the current tense. So YEAH. I do think he has a girlfriend. He has to, right? :lol:^_^

That was REALLY weird.  He was so defensive LOL.  

I find it really funny when he reveals things in RM or in other shows that point to him having a girlfriend or him having a girlfriend recently when his official press release is always 'I am single', for many many years.  There are just TOO MANY instances.  It's like he's treating his official press release as a joke, or to be less harsh, he just doesn't care that much anymore.  ;)

On 12/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, kook_mong said:

Most of of us are superstitious. If belief is not the correct word, we respect it to the point that there is nothing wrong following it. That goes out not only for the people in my country but also for everyone else including South Korea. So I guess, JH catching that bouquet last May 2019 (cmiiw) is quite a strong turning point. I've read somewhere in this forum (earlier parts) that this tradition in SK is being agreed upon by the bride and the lucky-woman who have high chances of fulfilling the task to avoid the jinx. Watcha think? And agree with @linzer03, JK does seem to be very much familiar with this. So why would he care unless... ;)

I've been wondering about this ever since I read this in this forum. I remember reading that it was 6 months BUT elsewhere I read that the girl should get married within a year.  We are still well within 1 year if it's the latter.  If it's the former - we're past 6 months already!

I've finished my binge watch for RM, from 2012 to 2019!  I have just started the 2010 episodes!  I am planning to re-watch 2019 soon.  I don't know what it is, but there's something with SJH.  She has a certain smile when she's uncomfortable or sick or not happy (that's an assumption) and it's very very different from her happy smile/laugh.  And that has been going on for quite a while now, which leads me to think there is something going on.  I mean, even Somin mentioned it in the last episode, that she hasn't heard SJH's hearty laugh for a while.  If indeed something is going on, some of my guesses include her leaving Running Man soon, that they broke up (we don't know anything so this is a possibility, BUT actions outside of RM say otherwise so I'm not very bothered by this as much as when I was a newbie fan - look at me being proud that I'm not a newbie anymore LOL!).  Have you noticed this as well?  If yes, what do you think is going on?

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 2:17 AM, linzer03 said:

Also, because i know some people were worried about YJS asking KJK if he liked JSM. My first thought upon seeing KJK laugh was that it reminded me of when some guy asked me if I had a secret thing for my engaged male friend. I was so surprised anyone could even think that and all I could do was laugh. (His fiancee and I laughed about this later.) KJK's laugh reminded me of that. It's such a wtf laugh.

I agree, it was such a WTF laugh!  Overall it was really funny.  KJK's laugh, Somin's playful lift of her shoulder and flip of her hair, SJH laughing beside her and even mimicking the shoulder lift, Somin hiding behind SJH after KJK's comment, Haha having no reaction whatsoever.  It was cute and funny, hehehe!  So yeah, it's always important to look at the big picture and context.

15 hours ago, carambsk said:

his official press release is always 'I am single', for many many years.

IIRC, he said somewhere that if he released news of his relationship it'd be when he gets married. Before then, even when he does have a gf he'll say he doesn't.

18 hours ago, carambsk said:

And that has been going on for quite a while now, which leads me to think there is something going on.  I mean, even Somin mentioned it in the last episode, that she hasn't heard SJH's hearty laugh for a while. 

while i agree that there's something going on, i would not speculate that it must be something big like her exit from running man, they break up, or something like that.

in contrary, it could be just simple thing. maybe she's just too tired from other work or just a bad hair day, etc.

3 hours ago, dydrawer said:

IIRC, he said somewhere that if he released news of his relationship it'd be when he gets married. Before then, even when he does have a gf he'll say he doesn't.

yup, i remember he said that. furthermore, he said that when he will married, he will annouce it in rm.

5 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

while i agree that there's something going on, i would not speculate that it must be something big like her exit from running man, they break up, or something like that.

in contrary, it could be just simple thing. maybe she's just too tired from other work or just a bad hair day, etc.

I'm thinking it's something big because it has been going on for quite a while.  If it was because she was sick or a bad hair day, it would only be one episode or so.  My biggest guess is her leaving the show, which in my head is not necessarily a bad thing because it's potentially tied to an announcement or wedding or something like that. :)  But, but, they could also defy K expectations and just stay in Running Man as a married couple - far fetched, but I would still love to see her weekly so I don't want her to go even if I am also hoping for an announcement.

Also, what is up with all of these new KJK shows!!! Looking forward to the football show with kids, and it's so interesting that he has a beauty show as well (?).  I hope he has a cameo in SJH's drama!

• Like 1

I have some theories since the FM in Korean. As it also relates to other ship, so I will place it to hidden content

Spoiler

In ep 468, FM 9th anniversary, when YJS made a joke on Soran as if they came to the wedding, Somin suddenly said she would meet her partner today (in this FM). Then she sang Confession with Soran & YJS. When I read the lyric, actually I thought of KJK and also "Confession to me today". Lets assume she made a confession to him on that day. The next day she closed her IG, then reopened (people said her acc got hacked or mass report, but I just simply assume that she closed it, as no official announcement and with a lot of fans following, this wouldn't be easy to report). After that no more loveline with KJK and now loveline is with Sechan. I had a feeling that KJK rejected her. That loveline with Sechan came so fast, not natural to me that make me think she just wanted to stay away the loveline with KJK.

Back to our SA, as we know, SJH always showed her interest to KJK. However they still show us their closiness. Noone even tried to match SJH with anyone else. They will show their moments then and there, no other loveline since then.

I'm open to any ship, read everyone's opinions, however SA is still the strongest ship that I read so far. Hopefully we could hear the good news soon.

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

After that no more loveline with KJK and now loveline is with Sechan.

sorry, i might have missed something, but is there really an actual loveline between kjk and jsm ?

as far as i know, the member only teased kjk and jsm because kjk being nice to jsm, and even the staff refer them as "sibling".

as for the loveline between jsm and ysc, it's already there before the fan meet.

i dont exactly remember since when, but in ep 461 yjs said that jsm was among the woman who likes ysc, and in ep 462, yjs said that jsm should just call ysc, after she asked yjs to be her life consultant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adines Nugraha said:

sorry, i might have missed something, but is there really an actual loveline between kjk and jsm ?

as far as i know, the member only teased kjk and jsm because kjk being nice to jsm, and even the staff refer them as "sibling".

as for the loveline between jsm and ysc, it's already there before the fan meet.

i dont exactly remember since when, but in ep 461 yjs said that jsm was among the woman who likes ysc, and in ep 462, yjs said that jsm should just call ysc, after she asked yjs to be her life consultant.

I didnt notice the loveline of JSM and SC before FM. For KJK and JSM, I remembered one ep that JSM fed KJK and another one she asked KJK out. That's why I thought they tried to make a loveline. Anyways, I'm not too concerned about those lovelines. I'm still root for our SA.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I’m still relatively new to this forum and one thing I noticed was that this forum isn’t very active compared to other forums such as the kookmin forum sorry that this post is mentioning another ship but I’m not supporting that ship so it’s fine right? :) Also I’m quite scared about kookmin because I looked at a few posts over there and the evidence that some people there presented was actually quite convincing idk how the rm members dynamics are irl but I did notice that kjk is undoubtedly becoming closer to jsm and as a pretty hardcore spartace shipper myself im a bit scared that maybe kjk might start to take an interest in jsm:( tbh it does seem as if we’re getting less and less spartace moments in recent episodes (I don’t really consider just talking to each other as a moment although some really hardcore shippers do) and i think that maybe that’s because sjh is becoming pretty withdrawn. Sjh has been looking really out of it for quite a while now and as others have said, I think she might be leaving rm soon and being replaced by khn (no hate to khn either I do like her) kjk has recently been mentioning his “girlfriend” more and more on his five brothers show and no matter how much I watch it I’m getting a small feeling that his gf is not sjh and even though I realllllyyyyy reallllyyyy want spartace to be real, I don’t think it is. Perhaps it’s because we’re kinda going through a drought of spartace moments recently and I’m not a very longtime shipper so I might be overthinking a bit. (I only started shipping spartace around 2016 after Gary left as before that I was still a pretty young viewer and shipping and analysing member interactions didn’t really interest me at the time) I also really don’t want sjh to leave rm as she’s my favourite member and even though she doesn’t get much screentime recently, I think she’s still an important member of the show. Please let me know your thoughts on these matters! :) 

#REWIND

- a single 40 year-old woman, no kids

- living with her parents and her younger brother

KJK immediately says 'it's SJH', smiling and then says SJH again.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 11

17 hours ago, tasg said:

Hi guys, I’m still relatively new to this forum and one thing I noticed was that this forum isn’t very active compared to other forums such as the kookmin forum sorry that this post is mentioning another ship but I’m not supporting that ship so it’s fine right? :) Also I’m quite scared about kookmin because I looked at a few posts over there and the evidence that some people there presented was actually quite convincing idk how the rm members dynamics are irl but I did notice that kjk is undoubtedly becoming closer to jsm and as a pretty hardcore spartace shipper myself im a bit scared that maybe kjk might start to take an interest in jsm:( tbh it does seem as if we’re getting less and less spartace moments in recent episodes (I don’t really consider just talking to each other as a moment although some really hardcore shippers do) and i think that maybe that’s because sjh is becoming pretty withdrawn. Sjh has been looking really out of it for quite a while now and as others have said, I think she might be leaving rm soon and being replaced by khn (no hate to khn either I do like her) kjk has recently been mentioning his “girlfriend” more and more on his five brothers show and no matter how much I watch it I’m getting a small feeling that his gf is not sjh and even though I realllllyyyyy reallllyyyy want spartace to be real, I don’t think it is. Perhaps it’s because we’re kinda going through a drought of spartace moments recently and I’m not a very longtime shipper so I might be overthinking a bit. (I only started shipping spartace around 2016 after Gary left as before that I was still a pretty young viewer and shipping and analysing member interactions didn’t really interest me at the time) I also really don’t want sjh to leave rm as she’s my favourite member and even though she doesn’t get much screentime recently, I think she’s still an important member of the show. Please let me know your thoughts on these matters! :) 

i dont know how active other ship are, but we're quite active actually, just that not many people around these day for various reasons. 

well, people came and go everyday, whether they stop shipping or just being really busy in real life, it's unavoidable anyway.

i think it's okay that kjk is close to jsm, nothing wrong with that. i always see their interaction as the reverse of sjh-lks, a big brother-little sister kind of thing. nothing to worry about. if we're okay if sjh close to lks, then we could do the same thing about kjk and jsm, right ?

if the other ship have evidences, then i can assure you, that we have our own too. evidence that goes way back from the start of the ship, up until now.

lastly, i wouldn't think too much about spartace moment getting rare this day. do remember, they've been each other for a long time, they've past the honeymoon period.

we couldn't expect them to have sweet moment in every ep, could we ? 

not to mention about the editing. about 10 hours of filming, edited, and became 1,5 hours of ep. there must be lots of thing that get cut, maybe including some sa moment.

• Like 8

Spartace has been around a long time, and most of us have analyzed spartace scenes to death. We're around, but a lot of us don't feel the need to discuss every time spartace glance at each other or stand next to each other anymore. There's a lot of evidence and support for spartace stretching out over the span of 9 years if you want to read back through the analyses in this forum. Many ships for KJK and SJH have come and gone over the years (MC, KJK-YEH, KJK-HJY, etc.) Spartace has outlasted them all and only grown stronger. Make of that what you will.

JSM and KJK has always struck me as a sibling relationship, but obviously people have different interpretations. I think people get sucked into fandoms and get caught up in the details and the skewed points of views. But if you step back, many casual viewers are suspicious of spartace, but they don't go around voicing their thoughts. Sometimes taking a step back and getting some perspective helps

My advice is to ignore the other ships. Shipping is supposed to be fun, so please don't stress yourself over them. Have fun and be respectful.

I would also appreciate people not bringing Kookmin speculation into this forum. We like to keep this forum focused on spartace as much as we can. Thanks!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

The fact of the matter is, it was others choice to visit other fandom and no matter how much we say, if it doesn't concern SA leave it alone but no, others will always ignore the leave other ship business alone and focus on who you ship. And after they ventured into the forbidden land, see what they have to say and then convince themselves why they think km is real whereas sa is not, they come running here to rant and seek advice abt whether are not sa is real is getting a bit annoying to tell the truth and I think it maybe time to step back from the shipping world and give your self a me too time and figure out why you started to ship those two in the first first and if you still have your doubt then I guess it's time to hang up the robe on shipping them and move on. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I would also appreciate people not bringing Kookmin speculation into this forum. We like to keep this forum focused on spartace as much as we can. Thanks!

I’m all for looking at SA from multiple angles, but it’s a bit tiring to come to this forum to read about SA after a long day and end up reading about another ship. If I wanted to do that, I would go to that ship’s thread. And, no, discussing JSM occasionally as we do all members is fine. Consistently talking about her being romantic with KJK when we should be talking about KJK with SJH is not fine. It gets old and honestly I start to wonder if posters are real SA shippers or they’re not. That may sound paranoid to some of you guys, but I’m a long time member of this thread who went through lots of ups and downs trying to preserve and maintain its integrity. I’ve dealt with everyone from insecure SA shippers to not so bright trolls. I’m busy these days so can’t post much anymore, but I still read everything. I am VERY protective of this thread and SA. In case anyone has forgotten,THIS IS A THREAD THAT FOCUSES ON SA. Thank you!!!

4 hours ago, twinlovers said:

after they ventured into the forbidden land, see what they have to say and then convince themselves why they think km is real whereas sa is not, they come running here to rant and seek advice abt whether are not sa is real is getting a bit annoying to tell the truth and I think it maybe time to step back from the shipping world and give your self a me too time and figure out why you started to ship those two in the first first and if you still have your doubt then I guess it's time to hang up the robe on shipping them and move on. 

Shipping is fun. When it stops being fun, leave for your own mental health. That goes for shipping SA, as well. If you no longer feel the vibe or ship SA with others, coming here where us dedicated SA shippers post will hurt you more. 

Only a few more days til Christmas. However you celebrate, even if you don’t, have a wonderful time, everyone. May all your wishes come true! Stay blessed. :D 

• Like 8

Rather than get bogged down by other ships, let's have some fun with spartace. I thought it might be fun if we each shared a moment on RM we wanted to discuss with the people on here. 

I'll start:

So for those who don't know, this is the episode that got me to join this forum. I'd been a silent reader up until this episode aired, but this was the scene that convinced me there really was something between spartace and i wanted to talk about it with other people. 

For some context, for those of you who weren't around, back in 2015-early 2016, spartace wasn't show interacting much on screen and their moments weren't highlighted. In fact, I don't think they'd even addressed each other on screen for awhile before this episode. Now, spartace shippers knew KJK and SJH were close because most of us had seen the fan meets where, if you watch clips on youtube, you can see KJK and SJH interact frequently. But non-shippers who didn't pay attention to fan meets would tell us that KJK and SJH weren't close irl because they were never shown interacting with each other on camera. Spartace fans kept insisting that KJK and SJH were close in real life and there was a reason the staff kept editing out their moments from the episodes. So anyway, this episode came out and all the non-shippers had to change their tune and admit KJK and SJH were close outside RM.

For those that want to watch the clip in better picture, this is ep 285 when it's SJH's turn with the mystery boxes.

0:17 - You can hear KJK tell her not to look at it.

So, initially, LKS is the one helping her with the Mystery Box . SJH usually relies on her Little Brother LKS when she has to do something difficult on RM. If not LKS, then her Monday Boyfriend will help her out, because that's what is to be expected in a love line. My point is that it's not that surprising that LKS the one who steps forward. 

0:29 - KJK talks about how SJH's become feminine after she got married. For those that don''t know, this episode was aired around the time SJH's appearance in We Got Married came out, and spartace fans are fairly certain KJK is promoting SJH's new show. After KJK mentions WGM, the other RM members (like KG) join in and ask if Chen Bolin changed her. 

0:43 - SJH goes to ask LKS to help her put her hand in the Mystery Box. However, part way through asking, she changes her mind. She even stumbles a bit as she asks Jong Kook-oppa to put her hand inside the box. LKS offers to do it for KJK, and SJH flats out rejects him. She wants KJK to do it. In most situation on RM, SJH is more than happy to let LKS be her support. But not here when she is terrified of these mystery boxes. She demands KJK. The captions claim that it's because KJK is the most fearless, but we all know that's not true. Her Monday Boyfriend was sitting right in front of her and was considered the second most fearless, so for the sake of the show she could've asked him. 

0"59 - YJS's face is so knowing. If you don't see it the same way, then you don't, but his expression reminds me of when I watch my couple friends be adorable. 

1:12 - SJH screams and leans on KJK. KJk starts to say something, then YJS asks if she's giving birth. The usual image of a woman giving birth has her husband at her side. KJK however stops what he was going to say, touches his nose, and then asks if he's her midwife. Somehow I don't think that's the role YJS was envisioning KJK in and KJK knew it.

1:26 - KJK forgets to hod SJH's arm and she literally shouts at him to hold onto her.

2:40 - Even when SJH's hand is in the box, KJK still keeps his arm around her. She originally said that she wanted KJK to help her put her hand in, but it seems that even after that goal has been accomplished, KJK still needs to be in physical contact with her in some way.

3:19 - After SJH falls on the floor, both KJK and LKS go to help her up. Once she's up, LKS leaves her, but KJK stays and brushes off her clothes. To me, this shows a difference in the relationship between LKS-SJH and KJK-SJH. It might also show that LKS wants to give KJK and SJH some space during parts of this.

4:01 - You can see KJK briefly hold SJH's hand after her panic moment. 

3:39 - When LKS asks her if this is anything to cry about, KJK tells her repeatedly not to cry. 

Throughout this whole scene, KJK speaks very softly to SJH, encouraging her and not teasing her like HH, LKS, and KG. It's not translated in the subs, but I remember someone telling me that he says things like "If anyone can do it, it's you" (if someone has a better translation, please tell me). He tells her not to cry and talks her through it. Seriously, throughout the whole thing KJK is very gentle and encouraging of her. But also when he laughs at some of her actions (e.g. when she extends her hand horizontal and when she falls over), you can tell by his laugh that he thinks she's cute.

SJH constantly leans back against KJK when she's frightened. KJK is the person she relies on. You can make arguments that you'd treat a friend like that, but for me, I can only see her relying on a boyfriend to that extent. If a friend would do, then she could have asked LKS or KG.

You can also see that KJK is nervous. He glaces at the cameras a lot throughout the whole scene. He seems also reluctant to to hold her at the beginning, only holding her arm, but as the scene progresses, he starts putting her arm around her and holding her hand at moments. 

So there's my thoughts on this scene. Please add anything I didn't mention or ask questions! And if you have another scene you want us to analyze, please share it (with a link preferably)! 

I hope everyone has a happy holidays! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok excuse the tone, I'm gonna be blunt. If someone is a Spartacer (so by default not blinded with bias over "rival" ships) and yet the fact that recently JSM accidentally, clearly implied for the 2nd time that KJK is not single, can't convince them that she is not romantically involved with him - yet delusional overanalysis of some moments here and there can do the opposite - then I don't know what will. Her recent "slip" is the tombstone on any insecurity-fuelled worries they might be something more than colleagues:

• As people have already mentioned, it's the 2nd time she does it, which is a clear hint KJK has been off the singles' market and in a steady relationship for a while, and certainly at the time of episode 358, a time JSM wasn't even good friends with the old cast and was still trying to adjust.

• She can't have exposed her own relationship, and if anyone thinks that, then I'm surprised they consider such a brilliant young lady as a total idiot. She can't have forgotten her own boyfriend's love status must remain a secret during a moment she initiated herself - she wasn't rushing to react to anything, she brought up the explanation regarding the loveline with YSC herself. It wasn't intentional foreshadowing of anything that involves her either, it wasn't a scene to tease KJK and her, it was a slip and JSJ's reaction verifies it.

I had written something relevant on twitter a few weeks ago, so I might as well repeat and expand it here. Regarding Spartace, they've admitted it themselves they are close, their friends said they are close, KJK's family said they are close, they've been caught tanning together, dining together, flying in secret together, spending time in RM breaks together, they went through a whole firing incident together. And yet somehow  a few jokes openly on social media, a business appearance in a concert during a staged show (MUD) with full camera coverage, and showing support in movie premieres, aka a common practice for all celebrities, are considered the real relationship with Spartace being the hoax? Please, don't make me count in JSM-KJK just standing side by side or occasionally talking in the background as evidence, not only does JSM do the same with others too, but the number of same insignificant moments for SA is multiple.

As for the so called SA drought, I really think those first months of 2019 simply spoiled the shipdom. Since I only discovered RM this year, I am still in the process of watching older episodes and in many of them Spartace didn't interact much. Moreover, it was only recently that we got:

1) The intimate SA hug in ep.478, which cannot be compared to any other pat on the back / side-hug KJK has shared with any other female on RM, guest or not, hugs that in all cases were either celebratory (team wins, end of a hard/collective task, i.e. dance segment in Seoul fanmeet) or directly game induced. And if anyone tries to imply that it was a scripted scene aimed at the upcoming fanmeet, please do your brains a favour and save them the pointless effort. KJK has consistently been quelling SJH's reactions using his body language, it isn't a new practice. At least two of those instances, which are almost identical to the recent SA hug, took place when Gary was still in the show and there was neither a SA loveline, nor a big enough fanbase to please. That entire SA moment, which could have ended in the first side embrace with everyone still flying over the moon, instead continued showcasing special intimacy, is a prime example of natural SA interactions routinely getting edited out. The only thing that changed was that, this time, the PDs - for show/SA/both related reasons - allowed it to stay.

2) Their closeness during the Vietnam fanmeet. From KJK's picking up her mic despite his back problems to placing a hand on her back as they knelt before the audience, the moments are too many to be ignored. Again, if anyone is going to suggest that everything has only been fan service, I'll have to counter-suggest a relaxed stroll out in the fresh air, cause bias or insecurity have clogged their memory. Spartace has been recorded dancing together, embracing both while performing and when the lights are dying out, whispering, assisting each other and in various other ways interacting during fanmeets, ever since SJH started joining the team abroad, back in good ol' 2013. Not even the show's official loveline and audiences craving for Monday Couple's duet prevented them from connecting on and off stage. What always varied was the number of those moments in each event, never their existence or their quality. In fact, the main event where they barely interacted when strictly on stage,  has been the Seoul one and it doesn't take a genius to speculate the possible reasons. One of them is definitely their predetermined placements during the dancing & sitting segments. If RM wanted to promote SA as a loveline in Vietnam, all they had to do was to ask SA to sustain one single embrace while performing and not to replace KJK with LKS in "Bboom bboom". These would have been enough to electrify the Vietnamese fans for days without crossing any lines. Having us zooming in the blurry backstage entrance to detect their unnecessary hand holding (and I'm referring to their touching before his pulling her so the dancers would pass through - even though this also lasted more than simply notifying a friend oblivious to people approaching usually requires) or watching the same brief scene over and over from different angles in order to confirm KJK indeed momentarily held her while singing Only One For Me, are certainly not how you do fan service. When it comes to loveline parts, you don't blink and miss them.

Speaking of this scene, it isn't the first time SA make a connection during the exact same lyric. When this happened at the Jakarta fanmeet, I thought of it as an interesting detail, yet I still tucked it away; in a group of people standing and singing a love song, casual glances easily transform to suspicious stares while the shipping googles are on. However, such a precise repetition cannot be ruled a coincidence. Same lyrics, he holds her, they lock gazes, all of them done pretty deliberately. I read the opinion that wants KJK pulling SJH so she wouldn't walk near the edge and I'm wondering if people habitually forget their glasses on their nightstands. She wasn't terribly close to the edge - remember most of these videos are shot from afar, if you can clearly see space between her and the end of the stage from that distance, it's probably wider from up close - nor she was far off the cast forming a line (hardly the case either, they spread a second later). What's particularly laughable with naysayers brushing the moment off as protective KJK bringing SJH back on track is that this same explanation they use comprises the perfect pro-SA argument, since it portrays an unreasonably protective-controlling KJK who behaves this way solely around SJH. You know, just how a worried-over-nothing boyfriend would.

So, I don't know, I guess some fans may choose to ignore all of the above + the rest revealing moments we got this year and have nothing to do with a loveline (i.e. SA lying down together and face-to-face, in a strikingly different position than everyone else around the table, during the cast's break) + the over 1000 pages of discussions and evidence just on this thread. Instead they can choose to fret over ludicrous theories about how KJK lately wears colourful sweaters, which somehow subsequently leads to his dating a new girl/JSM, even though KJK has never been dressed exclusively in black and grey and any objective fan who has been watching him throughout all 9 years of RM can attest that. Mind you, this is what impulsively believing in the concepts conned for the needs of MUD and his loveline with HJY has resulted in. Or unrealistic arguments about how KJK promoting ChanMin actually harbours jealousy (as if there's anything to be jealous of in a lighthearted loveline aiming at awards), despite the fact that every cast member is pushing them as instructed, erasing any supposed link to KJK or whatsoever. Then again, there are a bunch of SA IG/twitter accounts that follow the same immature mentality and allege that KJK gets jealous over SJH every other episode lol Far-fetched theories about JSM asking for KJK's confession through her song, although she could literally be addressing to any man she knows (assuming she had someone in mind and the whole song wasn't simply devised to fit her RM role lol) feebly endorsed by another set up moment on MUD? I can also jump over lakes, mountains and reach a similar conclusion that SJH being given lyrics about alcohol & crossing lines confirms Haha's story. The idea that the RM members wouldn't just carelessly leave clues for the fans to decipher during the most stressful fanmeet of all is so unattainably wild, I understand. Wishful thinking over JSM's colourful nails referring to KJK's kiss scene in a show broadcast 4 whole years ago? Sure, perhaps his black toe-nails was a difficult sight to gulp down.

I can do this all day. My point is....just like others before me have advised, if people can't handle the theories prevalent in other shipdoms, then simply stop venturing into their fields. I'm all for being open-minded and examining opinions coming from different shippers, and I'll be among the first who'll acknowledge evidence that may not favour SA, but not at the expense of objectivity. I don't mind people expressing their doubts and fears here, I don't like SA fans living in bubbles (theirs or others'). There has to be some basic reasoning though we can controvert, otherwise the flow of the thread gets disrupted. If anyone has legitimate worries and is unable to structure them in a way that won't bring down the mood of others, you can always private message some of us. I, at least, am relatively new so I haven't had my share in repeating pro-SA arguments for years. :P

I'm not done lol. There are two more posts I want to address, but because this is already a sheet of words, I'll be using spoiler tags. 

Spoiler

There was a post referring to SJH and JIW wearing clothes from the same brand, Kodak. Because Spartacers and lurkers may have read the post before it was removed, Kodak recently released a new clothes line and various celebrities have been promoting them https://store.musinsa.com/app/brand/celeb_list/kodak  Both SJH and JIW made sure to show off the brand to the camera, JIW even used the company's hashtag. There's nothing suspicious about that.

The second one is Tanya's post. I found three fallacies I would like to kindly point out. This isn't a reply to Tanya as she already clarified she isn't overly concerned with other ships, but some arguments for anyone that might be sharing the same POV:

Spoiler

1. As already pointed out, there has been no KJK-JSM loveline. Random teasing remarks by the cast here and there exist pre-2019 as well, it isn't a steady development which would support the loveline theory. As long as KJK maintains the single status, he will always be jokingly linked to cast members and guests. But not only there has been no consistency in Kookmin (neither the cast, nor the production ever followed through) but also KJK-JSM have always been portrayed as siblings (KM siblings, Yondu siblings etc). KJK specifically called her a sister additionally to "family" which he uses for the whole cast. In contrast, he only used the latter for SJH, while the show never ever labelled them as siblings, something they could have easily done during the Monday couple era. KM dancing segment and the SBS video featuring their chemistry  have been the only legitimate chance for introducing a KM loveline, but they had no continuation and weren't highlighted romantically. Obviously we don't know what will happen in future episodes, whether KJK will be thrown in another fake triangle but this time with YSC and JSM, but until this becomes a recurring theme, there is no loveline. It's important when making a point (i.e. on how there's no Kookmin relationship as JSM's feelings may have been turned down),  not to take for granted an unproven assumption (i.e. the KM loveline) and build our arguments on it.

2. To assume that JSM instead of focusing on her work, prioritises and implicates her supposed fling with a fellow cast member in a song written for that same work, while said cast member casually takes the bait and responds (positively or negatively, it doesn't matter) is basically equal to treating RM members as confused lovestruck teenagers. It's the exact same perspective that pictures an emotionally driven SJH saying goodbye to KJK through her poem, as if two grown up professionals have any reason to expose their break-up in public, or a conflicted KJK (and, vice versa, SJH) still waiting to make a move on the woman he desires, due to shyness/work complications/former lovers/family labelling etc. I can't stretch this enough, KJK, SJH and the rest aren't starring in a tumultuous chick flick.

3. Any issues in JSM's personal life have no direct impact on her role in the lovelines of the show. She isn't the one who calls the shots, when and how a new RM romance gets introduced doesn't correlate with the ups and downs of her love life. KJK and SJH, both longtime members and acclaimed in their fields, had no saying in their very firing, it's absurd to think that the PDs invented a new loveline to accomodate a heartbreak. Even when the members have a personal gain out of an RM concept (i.e. Spartace slowly easing the fanbase into the idea of their relationship) still it isn't their decision, they are bound by contracts and are following PDs' instructions.

This is why I avoid commenting sometimes. There's just so much to say in regards to SA and RM, that I don't know when to place a fullstop.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2