[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Welcome @kook_mong ! Hopefully more Spartace fans will follow your example and leap from longtime lurkers to active posters. It's always nice exchanging opinions and seeing the community keep going strong :)

0EOMQzO.jpg

@carambsk I had to take my own screenshots and place them side by side for comparison, because a quick search online turned out fruitless. Episodes 212 and 213 respectively.

Also, I am not sure which words of Jang Hyuk made you slightly doubtful, could you elaborate? If anything, the mention of SJH finding him asleep outside of his hotel room at the 2013 MAMA awards, and subsequently telling KJK, sort of correlates with what Haha teasingly "revealed" in Big Picture about her also being drunk , mixing up the hotel rooms and ending up at KJK's during the same awards. Even if this is not what exactly happened, it's still interesting how the stories fall in line and we are clued in about their staying on the same floor, enjoying their booze at the after-party and possibly having some late night encounters. Perhaps the English subtitles are misleading, but in the Dragon Brothers episode when KJK says what SJH told him, present tense is used "Hyuk is sleeping in front of the room", which hints at SJH indeed meeting/being with KJK on the way to her room (or around the corridors anyway). Again, this could just be the translation of the caption and Haha might have been mostly joking, but all these references to the specific Awards do raise suspicions, especially if we combine them with how close Spartace looked throughout their presentation. At the same time, Hyuk mentioning he hasn't met Ji Hyo before is either another subtitle-induced deception (whereas he meant he didn't meet her that night, which he wouldn't remember anyway if he had passed out) or a flat lie. Regardless, I'd never expect any of them to deviate from KJK's firm claims of bachelorhood and provide us with Spartace evidence. Exactly because the show was marketed as a long overdue vacation with candid moments of bromance, a big slip-up there would hold considerable weight compared to Haha's hints during comedy segments. Not to mention anything too risky to air has been obviously edited out.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Adora Dark Yay!  Thank you for the image.  Yeah, I couldn't find it and didn't know where to start.  This is super appreciated!  I've seen her wear a couple of other similar black shorts in the past few episodes I've watched (mid 2016), but he hasn't worn them I think.  With the ones you posted - my gosh they sucked at hiding things then, huh? :P

As for Dragon Bros, it was just a casual conversation and when he mentioned him being single, it really didn't sound like it was part of a script.  But yeah it was just episode 1, I didn't know the context at that time (i.e. he wasn't part of MUD yet, SA interest was high at that time, etc.)  The drunk anecdote with Jihyo didn't bother me when I watched the video because I watched it after watching the Haha comment, so I saw it more as a confirmation of Haha's story.  And since it was 2013, it was okay that he hadn't met her yet.

Speaking of Haha, I am reminded that I really really love the whole Optimus Prime story arc of SA.  Hehehe! :wub:

• Like 2

@Adora Dark @carambsk 

Wanted to jump into discussing that Dragon Bros episode conversation because I wish I knew enough Korean to see what the subtitles might have missed. I found it really weird when Jang Hyuk said he never met SJH before because they were on the same team when he guested on Running Man back around episode 40-something and he went with KJK and LKS to SJH's movie premiere back in 2012-2013. I figured the subtitles were incorrect and maybe he actually said that he didn't see her at all that night. IIRC I also found it weird that he was the only one referring to SJH as "Jihyo-ssi" while everyone else refers to her in a more informal tone. It reminded me of when KJK's hoobaes are asking him about HJY and SJH in an episode of MUD and they use "ssi" when referring to HJY but "noona" when referring to SJH which implies they are close with SJH or at least have met her before and feel comfortable calling her "noona."  

• Like 4

@winnerslast Ooooohhh so Jang Hyuk could really have been covering up something because it was a lie.  Oooopsie.  That's huge!  Ok, ok, this definitely supports what the others have posted here.

And this newbie has a key takeaway from this whole convo - translations are not always exact and there are some little things that are sometimes missed, so the meanings of conversations could be a bit different from what we are reading in english.  

Yes, exactly, he was in the premiere of "Code Name: Jackal", and by the time of DB, he had already appeared 3 times on RM, twice as a guest (44-45) and once briefly during ep 42 because he was filming in the same location as RM. He even said he saw the rest members upstairs. So I think it's a matter of getting lost in translation here, because lying would be such a stretch, it would create more suspicions than actually covering anything.
ctto

11241856_664153140395543_833682805_n.jpg

First SA scenes from today's episode:

• Like 3

Ep 472

15:72 - When KJK says the members are acting up now that they're in Anyang, SJH says, "Just like Anyang Hothead". (KJK's nickname)

15:44 - KJK teases her, aksing if she works at a laundromat, and then he compliments her, saying she's strong. YJS helps her pull the slingshot, but KJK talks her through it which he didn't for anyone else.

22:09 - When KJK talks about the mother of his high school girlfriend's restaurant, they show a shot of SJH laughing.

22:22 - SJH starts to mention a bus station, but we never get to hear why she's suggesting that as HH keeps talking. But just from this segment, HH and SJH are the only two that suggest specific places in Anyang for KJK (because they know KJK best of the people there). JSJ suggests the more obvious/generic choice of a school. Edit: Someone told me that, on MUD, KJK told a story about a girl on a bus that he had a crush on, and SJH was likely referring to that. So either she watched the MUD episode or KJK told her the story in private.

26:27 - When KJK gets annoyed when JSM gets scissors wrong, SJH pushes his back.

28:18 - SJH puts her hand on his shoulder when he's confused about the game

48:30 - SJH might have been smiling while KJK was talking about his maybe-date under the cherry blossoms. It's hard to tell because the camera angle perfectly positions her face out of view lol.

49:29 - SJH asks him if he did b-boy dancing. And when he says what D.L. Boys stand for, she kind of gives a little smile that she seems to be holding back on for a moment. There's no reason for her to hide a smile, but for some reason she does. It's interesting.

At the end, KJK splits the money with SJH and HH (the two people who remained loyal the entire time).

This was actually a really good ep. The chase at the end was exciting. And I'm super happy they gave KJK a proper special! Now I just want to see SJH as the spy again or in another special. It's been a long time.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Ep 472

15:72 - When KJK says the members are acting up now that they're in Anyang, SJH says, "Just like Anyang Hothead". (KJK's nickname)

15:44 - KJK teases her, aksing if she works at a laundromat, and then he compliments her, saying she's strong. YJS helps her pull the slingshot, but KJK talks her through it which he didn't for anyone else.

22:09 - When KJK talks about the mother of his high school girlfriend's restaurant, they show a shot of SJH laughing.

22:22 - SJH starts to mention a bus station, but we never get to hear why she's suggesting that as HH keeps talking. But just from this segment, HH and SJH are the only two that suggest specific places in Anyang for KJK (because they know KJK best of the people there). JSJ suggests the more obvious/generic choice of a school. Edit: Someone told me that, on MUD, KJK told a story about a girl on a bus that he had a crush on, and SJH was likely referring to that. So either she watched the MUD episode or KJK told her the story in private.

26:27 - When KJK gets annoyed when JSM gets scissors wrong, SJH pushes his back.

28:18 - SJH puts her hand on his shoulder when he's confused about the game

48:30 - SJH might have been smiling while KJK was talking about his maybe-date under the cherry blossoms. It's hard to tell because the camera angle perfectly positions her face out of view lol.

49:29 - SJH asks him if he did b-boy dancing. And when he says what D.L. Boys stand for, she kind of gives a little smile that she seems to be holding back on for a moment. There's no reason for her to hide a smile, but for some reason she does. It's interesting.

At the end, KJK splits the money with SJH and HH (the two people who remained loyal the entire time).

This was actually a really good ep. The chase at the end was exciting. And I'm super happy they gave KJK a proper special! Now I just want to see SJH as the spy again or in another special. It's been a long time.

You are right to say, that episode 472 is a very good episode, I really like the concept (reminds me of old episodes of RM)

in episode 472 I see SJH is more active unlike previous episodes, we can also hear the funny sound of SJH when he pulls a slingshot.

as long as KJK tells about KJK's past in anyang SJH always listens and sometimes SJH laughs or smiles (I'm sure there are still many more KJK interactions with SJH outside the camera) 

• Like 2

It's a very good episode, indeed. I really love the chasing scene in the end. JH's expressions when JK mentioned about his love story was precious too. Please cmiiw, but bus station also reminded me one of JK's story which he said that he couldn't get up from the bus seat to get off in the right station because of his back pain. He ended up went to the last station numerous times. That motivated him to get a help from doctor and began doing the weight training like he does now, if I remember correctly this is the story in MUD when JH became a host. I don't know if it fitted to one of his memories or not. It was the painful one, of course. However, it looked liked they were rushing from one place to another in Anyang, yet we can see JK and JH walking leisurely together in BTS, as expected, like most of the time, it didn't get to the final scene. It's just another series of SA and their unnecessary interactions that we enjoy secretly. ^_^  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mn0096 said:

Not SA related, but RIP to a beautiful soul. My condolences to all concerned: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358932wpp/breaking-sulli-passes-away

My condolences to her family, and I hope their wishes for a quiet funeral are respected. Sulli seemed like a cheerful young woman from her guest appearances on RM. It's terrible and tragic what has happened. 

Please be mindful of your comments online. The celebs do read them, and it does affect them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

The recent episode was exciting though our Mongji is a little bit sick. Still, she ran her best while crossing the pedestrian lane to capture Girin. I was screaming silently, "Go, unnie!!" :lol:

If anybody noticed on their way to the last location where they were discussing the possible whereabouts of the Runaways in the van, there was a mention of KJK's house. SJH pointed the direction and asked KJK, "that's the way to your house, right?" and KJK said "Yes." It may not be a big scene but it caught my attention and my delulu mode on: Of course, she should know. Let's not make it too obvious unnie. Hahaha. :wub:^_^

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Birthday greeting from KJK, SJH, HH, JSJ and YJS, to Lee Jeong Hoon's daughter.
Apart from the sweetness of this gesture and the joy of seeing those 5 together, I'd like to point out how we wouldn't know SJH was with them the entire time, had HH not turned the camera towards her. Usually, she isn't the first person to jump right in front of the lens, so imagine all the times she has actually been there when a BTS photo/video of KJK and others is taken. ;)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

45 minutes ago, Adora Dark said:

Apart from the sweetness of this gesture and the joy of seeing those 5 together, I'd like to point out how we wouldn't know SJH was with them the entire time, had HH not turned the camera towards her. Usually, she isn't the first person to jump right in front of the lens, so imagine all the times she has actually been there when a BTS photo/video of KJK and others is taken. ;)

it was very nice to see them together, from the beginning of the RM until now, hopefully their friendship will not be interrupted and that KJK will become a life partner for SJH.

unfortunately LKS, YSC and JSM did not exist.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

16 hours ago, kook_mong said:

If anybody noticed on their way to the last location where they were discussing the possible whereabouts of the Runaways in the van, there was a mention of KJK's house. SJH pointed the direction and asked KJK, "that's the way to your house, right?" and KJK said "Yes." It may not be a big scene but it caught my attention and my delulu mode on: Of course, she should know. Let's not make it too obvious unnie. Hahaha. :wub:^_^

Noticed that as well hehehe!

• Like 3

SJH signed with a new agency and is returning with a JTBC drama!! Premise is that she’s a single mother and four potential suitors appear in front of her. She’ll probably appear in a few JTBC variety shows to promote this like she did last time. KJK’s new variety show (The 5 brothers one) is on JTBC as well. Glad to see that they’re getting a lot of love on the cable networks. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003286981

I am now bingewatching the last 2016 episodes of RM.  I've also been reading the articles about the firing and the revival.

Question.

When it's said that the staff apologized to SJH and KJK for the way they were treated, does that only refer to the PD, producers, SBS and the main writer?  I find it hard to believe that the staff (cameramen, etc.) were part of the decision-making process? Is it just a terminology thing? 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Adora Dark said:

Yep, I think about that sometimes when I go through the IG accounts of of KJK and Haha.  Tiny Oppa posts the most BTS-ish SJH photos, it seems? :)