Quantcast
firstnadya007

SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

On 10/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, jusnita said:

I think they dated before. But broke up now. That's poem seem Goodbye poem for him. That's why our spartace's President Haha's face looked sad, so did Kwang Soo.

I don't want to disagree but I think they already did date but now they are probably on comfortable phase of being in a relationship. Still rooting for spartace though 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, carambsk said:

I asked about this because of stories I've encountered, mostly of supposed fans, not haters or antis.  An example - several fansites closed when an idol was rumored to be dating (the fansites didn't explain why, seeminly to protect the idol still, but they closed 3 days apart). There was another idol caught having coffee (no announcement!) with a girl near a fanmeet event and the fans felt "betrayed".  There are more, like Kang Daniel and Jihyo - he lost some fans at that time.  I was thinking - is this just for idols?  And then I remembered the Songsong couple, they had to apologize when they announced their wedding.  This is a generalization based on a few stories and celebs, but it seems that Knetz fans feel betrayed when they find out their favorites were dating secretly.  But your post and the memory of the Songsong couple's announcement reminded me that they had more fans who loved them than fans who were disappointed.  I am hoping that the individual fans of JH and JK will still love them even after an admission (or being caught), and not feel betrayed.  I asked for opinions because I am not familiar with the individual fanbases yet.  For sure, there will be no problem with the Spartace fans, if/when that happens, it will be a celebration! :)

Spartace are different from young idols. Idols tend to be late teens, early 20s and often insist that they won't date and their fans are their gfs/bfs. Idols tend to have young fans who tend to buy too much into the fantasy they've created of their idols. Spartace are both older and have talked actively about their dating lives. So none of their fans have the same "my idol is my bf/gf" delusion that idol fans tend to have. KJK also talks often about wanting to get married. So KJK and SJH fans are aware that marriage can happen unlike idol fans who are often giveb the promise the idol is single. That's not to say there aren't immature shippers who will act possessive if KJK and/or SJH announce marriage (this includes spartace fans if they don't get married). That's where most of the anti comments will come from, I suspect. Immature shippers who can't accept they were wrong and move on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In light with the last episode of Running Man, I can't help but think of all the moments our SJH eonnie becomes so randomly bold when it comes to KJK oppa. I really like her personality for that. Knowing that KJK is a shy type, being initiative plays a great role when it comes to conveying the message to him. The time when she told him "oppa someone is here too"  up to the "you're my ideal type", I feel like I am really blessed when it comes to shipping these two. Scripted or not, joke or not, there will always be meaning behind those lines. 

2020 is fast approaching and I am hoping for wedding bells for them. I will take Yoo Jae Suk's opinion as my ending line for this post/rant- "it's better if we get them (SJH & KJK) married".   :) 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, carambsk said:

When did the news of the show continuing come out?  Was it January or February 2017?  If you don't mind, I'd also like to ask what the consensus was on the firing - is it possible that they were fired because they were a couple?

It’s been such a long time that I don’t remember exactly when the news came out, so maybe someone else can answer that for you. What I do remember was watching SA suffer through the December end of the year SBS awards with everyone staring at them and watching their reactions. From the moment BEFORE they stepped out of their car (IIRC they rode together in the back seat while LKS sat in front) to when SJH teared up and KJK tried to hold back his own tears watching LKS openly cry while getting his award, their every move was scrutinized. I don’t know about anyone else but to regular RM-fan me (not SA-shipping me) who barely got any sleep because I followed every development for days, SA’s bond was so strong that night that no way was it forged largely because of being fired together. For sure, all the members were close, but SA were unusually closer. People can judge the reasons for that closeness themselves, but yes to answer your 2nd question, it’s very possible: not just “delusional” shippers but also regular I-fans and KNetz wondered if SA were fired because they dated. As someone already noted, rumors about a SA romance have swirled for years. At first because of people naturally joking about two good looking celebs, but later because those two make it quite hard to think a romance between them is a joke because of their own actions. As you read through the rest of the thread posts, you’ll see for yourself why so many of us are still around. I don’t have any experience with shipping except for SA (they’re my first and last ship), but I think they’re quite unusual in the shipping world. We’ll find out for sure one day soon if we’re right, but as of right now, in my humble opinion, they’re together and have been so for a while. Someone posted that SJH’s poem was an open goodbye to KJK. I disagree. SA are intensely private. There’s no reason to publicly say goodbye when they’ve never publicly acknowledged their relationship. Stay tuned, and happy shipping everyone. :) 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@mn0096 Thank you for your sincere and straightforward reply. Really appreciate it! Is there a full video of the awards from the start (like the car that you mentioned)? If there is I hope you can point me to it or send me a link. I've only seen the video of the acceptance speech of Kwangsoo, and it's only now that I'm putting together that that was during that turbulent time. 

• Like 1

i have to add something about sbs award moments. 

when the members were gonna enter the building, kjk seems really heartbroken and didn't enter the building. 

he instead go to a corner almost like cried. it is sjh and hh who came to his side and calm him.

btw, the news about the show continuation was in january 24, 2017

here you go

• Like 7

The general belief for the firing is that SBS wanted to move RM to a gag show. KJK and SJH don't do gag humor, so SBS cut them from the cast. Also because they wanted to hire KHD, and next to YJS, KJK is the second highest paid member. So cutting KJK also makes room for KHD in the show's budget. There was also some speculation that there was a power struggle among SBS's higher ups and KJK-SJH supported the wrong side (idk how true that is - just something I heard in the rumor mill). But while those reasons exist, it's ALSO possible spartace dating contributed to the firing. (I don't believe it was the main cause. They would have been dating in secret, and don't forget that everything is about $$$). But it may have been a case of "We need to cut KJK because of his salary. We might as well cut his gf too. She'd probably leave with him if he got fired anyway." (I assume the execs in charge of the decision were sexist.) Which would, in a way, explain why SJH didn't even get a phone call and had to find out she was fired through the news. Just my take on the incident in addition to @mn0096's post. 

Talking about the firing scandal still makes me mad to this day, so I can only imagine how painful it must be for KJK and SJH. We may have gotten to see snippets of how close they truly are during the incident, and I remember KJK's company would release statements for both of them, but I don't think the cost was worth the moments. I'm glad they got through it, and I'm glad fans banded together for their sakes.

• Like 6

Thank you all for enlightening this newbie on what happened that time.

@mn0096 Watched the clips thanks to @Adines Nugraha and you're right, they looked like they really supported each other that time.  

I looked for the January 2017 pages to see the reactions of the fans to the news of the continuation of the show.  But I started in in the earlier pages so I saw nostalgic posts with favorite Spartace moments, and now I am looking for the episodes with those moments.  Love it!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mn0096 said:

As you read through the rest of the thread posts, you’ll see for yourself why so many of us are still around. I don’t have any experience with shipping except for SA (they’re my first and last ship), but I think they’re quite unusual in the shipping world. We’ll find out for sure one day soon if we’re right, but as of right now, in my humble opinion, they’re together and have been so for a while. 

Kudos to the fans who have been here for a while.  I've been part ships (not hardcore though) before and the couples ended up being together within a year or so.  I can't imagine being in a ship that's not confirmed for a such a long time!  Amazing that you guys are still here, but I guess it's because the two have consistently showed how much they care for each other throughout the years, whether or not they are together.  Until now.  I binge watched Running Man as part of my laughter therapy and really noticed the closeness of the two even before I knew that they were called "Spartace".

We have a lot of new people/new episodes since we made those episode lists. I'm actually curious what everyone's top spartace episodes are now? I definitely have to adjust my list.

Here's mine:

Ep 163 - This is one of the most obvious episodes to me in terms of revealing spartace. KJK completely upstages the other two teams in the opening to win SJH's heart (he princess carries her and she chooses his team). Production makes an excuse to give the other teams a second chance so the show can have its MC moment. But KJK continues to go over the top treating SJH like a princess, and while I'm sure it's for humor, he was the only one who never complained and devoted himself to her as the princess. 

Ep 178 - The RM vs Production team episode is always on my list. It's the episode where SJH takes care of KJK, almost to the exclusion of the others, after he gets out of the boat when crossing the Han River. And it looks as though she holds his hand underneath the towels.

Ep 213 - KJK and SJH got paired at the end of the race thanks to some help from SJH's friend. But also, KJK protected her during the Red Clay fight, SJH laughed loudly during KJK's acting scene, and they were suspiciously awkward and held hands briefly when they were partnered. LKS even slipped up and thought it was "no fair" that SJH and KJK were partnered. 

Ep 230 - No one else ever talks about this ep, but it was the one where the RM team versus the LKS-lead guest team had to figure out answers to a survey about first loves. SJH praises KJK when he says he does the things women like in a man, and after watching high school girls talk about their crushes, KJK and SJH immediately turn to make eye contact. It's a really subtle spartace episode, but if you watch it with "hawk eyes" it's a really interesting episode.

Ep 258 - The Police vs Mafia ep (this is an underrated episode in general, in my opinion). It's the ep where KJK and SJH compete against each other in the convenience store race. They don't even treat it like a competition and giggle the whole time. When KJK hides behind SJH, the editors even caption it "We're just friends".

Ep 285 - This is a super important episode to me. It's the mystery box episode where SJH was afraid and asked KJK to help her (not LKS or KG). She cried, KJK supported her, YJS teased her that she looked like she was giving birth, etc. It came at a time when non-spartace shippers insisted KJK and SJH weren't close because they didn't have highlighted moments on screen, and after that episode, people had to admit that KJK was one of the closest members to SJH. 

Ep 436 - Suddenly, spartace IS legal. They finally (after years of hoping) got to be in a couple race together. And, by pure luck, they won. The RM cast teased like they'd been waiting for this moment for years, and it was great. Sure, I prefer their subtle interactions to the love line moments, but this episode was an important one, and we FINALLY got our couple race. And it was everything I'd hoped it''d be.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Feeling a bit nostalgic today, so here’s a quick clip of a real SA moment. Can’t deny their closeness. Around 2015, I think. SA were fired in 2016. :) 

Credits as indicated. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, carambsk said:

Is there a full video of the awards from the start (like the car that you mentioned)? If there is I hope you can point me to it or send me a link. 

I don’t know if there’s a full vid of the awards show, though I think SBS streams it every year so you may be able to find it on YT or even Naver. As for SA riding together to the awards show, there was fancam footage, a bit blurry but still obvious that SA rode together in the back seat. I wasn’t able to find it just now, but you may see it as you read through the earlier posts. To add to the context as shared by @Adines Nugraha, SA’s closeness was further evidenced by how SJH talked KJK through his heartache when it was time to join everyone in the ballroom. IIRC from fan comments who were there, KJK stayed in or near the elevator, at one point leaning against it not being able to move, and she (and HH) stayed behind to console him. As @linzer03 said, he spoke for both of them against SBS, but she stepped in when he needed her most. They’re both so strong in their own ways, perfectly supportive of each other, plus also quite complimentary as per previous discussions re: horoscopes and such. While some may not believe in those things, SKs do as we’ve seen with the FT eps. If SA are just friends, they’re the best kind. No matter what, there’s always been something “more” about them. Everyone’s welcome to conclude as they wish, of course. Cheers! :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, carambsk said:

I can't imagine being in a ship that's not confirmed for a such a long time!  Amazing that you guys are still here, but I guess it's because the two have consistently showed how much they care for each other throughout the years, whether or not they are together. 

LOL. Sometimes I can’t believe it myself. But, yes, it’s largely been (at least for me) because despite this being more of a rollercoaster than a ship, we’ve been blessed with SA both being on a long running show, at times giving us indigestion, yet always gracing us with little moments that clearly suggest their closeness (sometimes more). All those little moments have added up after nearly 10 years. Frankly, this fact about SA has been both a blessing and a curse, but I still enjoy shipping them, so I’m still here. Very glad you’ve joined us, btw. A belated welcome to you as well as all the new members. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, linzer03 said:

We have a lot of new people/new episodes since we made those episode lists. I'm actually curious what everyone's top spartace episodes are now? I definitely have to adjust my list.

can i add just one more ?

it would be ep 440.

when hh call sjh as "sister in law" and sjh responded by calling hh "brother in law", as always kjk just keep silent and smile.

but then, when sjh won the game and hh and ysc asking for money from sjh, suddenly kjk say "yeobo" to sjh and surprised everyone.

it's really uncommon that kjk joining the teased. and eventhough it's just for the game, i still found it really sweet. 

sjh laughing and drop to her knee, so does hh who keep pushing kjk, and off ysc too.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@Adines Nugraha Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I'm trying to keep the list limited, because there's for sure other episodes I could add. I left out a lot of early day episodes, and I guess the Liger episode (ep 95) or the piggyback episode (ep 103) are pretty big spartace episodes from the earlier days. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

@Adines Nugraha Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I'm trying to keep the list limited, because there's for sure other episodes I could add. I left out a lot of early day episodes, and I guess the Liger episode (ep 95) or the piggyback episode (ep 103) are pretty big spartace episodes from the earlier days. 

I have watched the spartace update, I hope to see from 2107 until 2018 .. ^^ and I am very grateful to you @linzer03

in my opinion ep 82 is interesting, indirectly I can feel the feelings of the KJK and SJH ^^

47 minutes ago, lmx.zero said:

I have watched the spartace update, I hope to see from 2107 until 2018 .. ^^ and I am very grateful to you @linzer03

in my opinion ep 82 is interesting, indirectly I can feel the feelings of the KJK and SJH ^^

I'm working the list. It's slow going, but I'm debating just positing it incomplete and adding in the episodes as I go.

Ep 82 feels like it has so many layers to it. 

• Like 1

My two favorite Spartace moments are the following:

1) I don't think this is done by 'family' and close friends.  Glances are hard to interpret, they're very very subjective.  Hugs, holding hands done on the show, for me, can *still* be chalked up to being family/close friends if push comes to shove (although come on, theirs is really on a different level especially if you look at all the moments collectively), but this one, done in the background, is between people who are intimate. (JH leaning on JK that way.)

She was leaning on him in a way that I feel is done by couples.  And then they both reacted to what was happening with the others, so she stopped leaning.  He felt it, so he looked down, at her, to check.  (Before a video cut...)   I've watched this video so many times already hehehe.  Partly to analyze, partly to appreciate and be "kilig".

2) This is just too sweet, and I feel, above and beyond being friends or family. For me, it's a boyfriend taking care of his girl.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQIzH2gnYx

There are others, but these two are my favorites.

I still have a lot of watch. :)

• Like 4

On 10/9/2019 at 12:12 AM, linzer03 said:

Ep 213 - KJK and SJH got paired at the end of the race thanks to some help from SJH's friend. But also, KJK protected her during the Red Clay fight, SJH laughed loudly during KJK's acting scene, and they were suspiciously awkward and held hands briefly when they were partnered. LKS even slipped up and thought it was "no fair" that SJH and KJK were partnered. 

JK protecting her was really telling.  When I read about it here, before watching, I was wondering how he did it.  Like "owwwwsss?  Really?"  But while watching the episode itself, it was so obvious, even if he did it slyly.  Whether or not they were together at that time doesn't matter.  You can really just see that he really, really cares for her.

• Like 2

I thought I'd share this with y'all. It's a video about spartace in hangul (so most of the comments are from korean fans). Right now, it has 1.6 million views! From what I've been told, the comments has a lot of people watching this and waking up to spartace as possibly a real relationships. There are somethings you spartace do that you just wouldn't do with a big bro/little sis. 

I thought y'all might find it interesting. (Also, it's a really good video even if you don't understand hangul.)

• Like 8
  • Love 7