[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

4 hours ago, carambsk said:

I can't imagine being in a ship that's not confirmed for a such a long time!  Amazing that you guys are still here, but I guess it's because the two have consistently showed how much they care for each other throughout the years, whether or not they are together. 

LOL. Sometimes I can’t believe it myself. But, yes, it’s largely been (at least for me) because despite this being more of a rollercoaster than a ship, we’ve been blessed with SA both being on a long running show, at times giving us indigestion, yet always gracing us with little moments that clearly suggest their closeness (sometimes more). All those little moments have added up after nearly 10 years. Frankly, this fact about SA has been both a blessing and a curse, but I still enjoy shipping them, so I’m still here. Very glad you’ve joined us, btw. A belated welcome to you as well as all the new members. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, linzer03 said:

We have a lot of new people/new episodes since we made those episode lists. I'm actually curious what everyone's top spartace episodes are now? I definitely have to adjust my list.

can i add just one more ?

it would be ep 440.

when hh call sjh as "sister in law" and sjh responded by calling hh "brother in law", as always kjk just keep silent and smile.

but then, when sjh won the game and hh and ysc asking for money from sjh, suddenly kjk say "yeobo" to sjh and surprised everyone.

it's really uncommon that kjk joining the teased. and eventhough it's just for the game, i still found it really sweet. 

sjh laughing and drop to her knee, so does hh who keep pushing kjk, and off ysc too.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@Adines Nugraha Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I'm trying to keep the list limited, because there's for sure other episodes I could add. I left out a lot of early day episodes, and I guess the Liger episode (ep 95) or the piggyback episode (ep 103) are pretty big spartace episodes from the earlier days. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

@Adines Nugraha Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I'm trying to keep the list limited, because there's for sure other episodes I could add. I left out a lot of early day episodes, and I guess the Liger episode (ep 95) or the piggyback episode (ep 103) are pretty big spartace episodes from the earlier days. 

I have watched the spartace update, I hope to see from 2107 until 2018 .. ^^ and I am very grateful to you @linzer03

in my opinion ep 82 is interesting, indirectly I can feel the feelings of the KJK and SJH ^^

47 minutes ago, lmx.zero said:

I have watched the spartace update, I hope to see from 2107 until 2018 .. ^^ and I am very grateful to you @linzer03

in my opinion ep 82 is interesting, indirectly I can feel the feelings of the KJK and SJH ^^

I'm working the list. It's slow going, but I'm debating just positing it incomplete and adding in the episodes as I go.

Ep 82 feels like it has so many layers to it. 

• Like 1

My two favorite Spartace moments are the following:

1) I don't think this is done by 'family' and close friends.  Glances are hard to interpret, they're very very subjective.  Hugs, holding hands done on the show, for me, can *still* be chalked up to being family/close friends if push comes to shove (although come on, theirs is really on a different level especially if you look at all the moments collectively), but this one, done in the background, is between people who are intimate. (JH leaning on JK that way.)

She was leaning on him in a way that I feel is done by couples.  And then they both reacted to what was happening with the others, so she stopped leaning.  He felt it, so he looked down, at her, to check.  (Before a video cut...)   I've watched this video so many times already hehehe.  Partly to analyze, partly to appreciate and be "kilig".

2) This is just too sweet, and I feel, above and beyond being friends or family. For me, it's a boyfriend taking care of his girl.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQIzH2gnYx

There are others, but these two are my favorites.

I still have a lot of watch. :)

• Like 4

On 10/9/2019 at 12:12 AM, linzer03 said:

Ep 213 - KJK and SJH got paired at the end of the race thanks to some help from SJH's friend. But also, KJK protected her during the Red Clay fight, SJH laughed loudly during KJK's acting scene, and they were suspiciously awkward and held hands briefly when they were partnered. LKS even slipped up and thought it was "no fair" that SJH and KJK were partnered. 

JK protecting her was really telling.  When I read about it here, before watching, I was wondering how he did it.  Like "owwwwsss?  Really?"  But while watching the episode itself, it was so obvious, even if he did it slyly.  Whether or not they were together at that time doesn't matter.  You can really just see that he really, really cares for her.

• Like 2

I thought I'd share this with y'all. It's a video about spartace in hangul (so most of the comments are from korean fans). Right now, it has 1.6 million views! From what I've been told, the comments has a lot of people watching this and waking up to spartace as possibly a real relationships. There are somethings you spartace do that you just wouldn't do with a big bro/little sis. 

I thought y'all might find it interesting. (Also, it's a really good video even if you don't understand hangul.)

• Like 8
  • Love 7

You guys overthinking about uncomfortable or awkward jihyo, remember what rm cast said, ji hyo mood turn bad when she has acting gigs. any everyone trying to be careful around her.

and it's not jk who make her uncomfortable, just jihyo personality like that.

I am one of earliest spartace shipper , i was there when rm eps 1 engsub released by ex-family outing team rss sub , later turn into rm sub. Earlier i'm happy to talk about them, but later i think fans start to bring this ship on wrong direction, directly posting about it in RM related sns. And funnily in the past i'm torn between wanting to see them dating and running man go on. I believe if they date openly rm will end. and if rm must go on, they must stay as colleague lol. nowadays, i'm just happy seeing them. i dont post spartace related post in sns afraid it would make them uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bonardo said:

I am one of earliest spartace shipper , i was there when rm eps 1 engsub released by ex-family outing team rss sub , later turn into rm sub. Earlier i'm happy to talk about them, but later i think fans start to bring this ship on wrong direction, directly posting about it in RM related sns. And funnily in the past i'm torn between wanting to see them dating and running man go on. I believe if they date openly rm will end. and if rm must go on, they must stay as colleague lol. nowadays, i'm just happy seeing them. i dont post spartace related post in sns afraid it would make them uncomfortable.

Since the beginning? Wow. That's impressive! What drew them to you back then?

I also dislike spartace fans bringing it onto RM related SNS. I also dislike spartace fans tagging the RM members in spartace-related posts. I don't mind it too much when it's positive, harmless things like "spartace fighting", but I don't like when shippers tell them to get married or insult other people they're in a love line with. Shipping can be fun if we're respectful of everyone. I like this forum because we're more removed from the RM members' social media. (Though I know we have some silent readers from IG.) 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

Since the beginning? Wow. That's impressive! What drew them to you back then?

I also dislike spartace fans bringing it onto RM related SNS. I also dislike spartace fans tagging the RM members in spartace-related posts. I don't mind it too much when it's positive, harmless things like "spartace fighting", but I don't like when shippers tell them to get married or insult other people they're in a love line with. Shipping can be fun if we're respectful of everyone. I like this forum because we're more removed from the RM members' social media. (Though I know we have some silent readers from IG.) 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

Well i was fans of Family Outing at first, and shipper of kookri, then family outing ended. when watching family outing i also digging their x-man variety and watch it. So when new Variety come out , i'm just happy i know most of them and their friendship. that's running man. I think i start shipping them when song ji hyo revealed to be fans of turbo and she love dancing to turbo songs. then old family outing video cut about jihyo joking screaming "jong kook oppa ........ heyo" suppose to be faking jong kook oppa i love you lol. Then Monday couple happen, and spartace shipper cornered in this forum and facebook. many come out openly on sns after monday couple ended lol. before that any spartace shipper that post about spartace in public sns will get harassed. But when monday couple still exist we just stay and have fun here without making spartace realize we exist. later the rude one start to appear and make me embarassed. but seriously most spartace early shipper are very mature. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bonardo said:

Then Monday couple happen, and spartace shipper cornered in this forum and facebook. many come out openly on sns after monday couple ended lol. before that any spartace shipper that post about spartace in public sns will get harassed. But when monday couple still exist we just stay and have fun here without making spartace realize we exist. later the rude one start to appear and make me embarassed. but seriously most spartace early shipper are very mature. 

I think the spartace ship got a number of immature MC shippers when MC came to an end, and then gained more fans when they became an official love line on the show. It happens. Unfortunately, we can't control everyone. In my opinion, the best thing to do is find a corner of the shipping fandom that you like and hang out there.

• Like 3

Currently in a ship rut so putting comments in a spoiler.  Please give me some encouragement. :)

Spoiler

Currently in a ship rut after watching the first episode of Dragon Brothers and some video snippets from the show.  It's one thing for close friends/family to help couples hide their relationship when it is brought up, it's another to actively talk about the person being single.  On one hand, I know it's still a variety show, so there's that.  On the other hand, the show seemed more like a reality show with friends talking without a script.  Sure there's Cha Tae Hyun who always jokes around, but then there's Jang Hyuk who seems like whatever he says is the truth (he makes his jokes obvious).  This is only based on the 1st episode and some video snippets of them mentioning Jihyo.  See my back and forth?  :blink:  This is a 2017 show though, and a lot of things could have happened since then.  But that's a ( - ) for the long relationship theory, I think.  And then because of that I went on a downward spiral and thought again that maybe the latest poem is a sincere message from JH, and I see more the moments that could be just moments of friends/people who care about each other but not necessarily in a relationship.  And then I thought what if Haha is just teasing them because they see the fans on social media, because I saw the video where he teased JK with HJY, which is obviously just a loveline for TV.  So maybe he just loves teasing and it's not based on the truth.  Ugh.  So, I tried to be positive and watched the videos with the great moments again.  I watched the video of JH on Knowing Brothers, where Hee Chul teased her.  When Hee Chul jokes about something, it always seems he knows something. So yay for that.  What a wild ride this is, hehehe!   

• Like 4

Hi guys! A silent lurker here in this forum during this year but a SA fan for a long time. I'm actually more of a JK bias since the FO era and when the first season ended, I was sad. It was my happy pill during my college days. When Running Man started the same year, I was excited as my favorite duo, Jae Suk and Jong Kook were back. I was just mostly enjoying the show for the games, camaraderie and banters of the members. I fell in love with their characters and gradually got hooked with their personalities- in and out of the RM camera. I've been watching out for any news about their personal lives which includes, of course, their love lives. More importantly, I adored JK so much that I ship him with anyone he is comfortable with like Hyori and Ye Jin (FO days). I'm that kind of fan. I'm okay with anyone as long as he is happy. When JK's FO lovelines disappeared together with the show (T___T), I got hook with JK's first. With the continuous taunts and teasing with Eun Hye from FO to RM, I got curious and hungry for any JK-related love news. :ph34r:

In the beginning, I have seen the SA tandem as more of a power couple - not that I was a MC fan (I couldn't agree more with SukJin's description that it was more of a comedic loveline though for me Gary clearly had some real feelings for Ms. Mong), until I saw a fanmade video of SA while browsing through Youtube that made me think twice of their tandem as merely just a 'friendly' one. I think this was after the first 180+ episodes (I'm sorry guys for not initially giving any meaning to their casual skinship and glances). Then, that SA compilation hit me hard. It was that AHA-moment. Their subtle closeness is so different from how Ms. Mong is with the rest of the guys. It was waaay too comfortable, don't you agree? And that ICE PEPERO game (my favorite SA couple game), I kept replaying that part. My heart broke when Kookie broke that ice. ANDWAEEEEE. :blink: 

I'm so happy that this ship is still sailing. It's been fun reading from page 1 to page 1153 of this forum and I'll continue to do so. The way you guys, think and interpret makes my heart giddy especially when my SA switch gets turn off sometimes (ugh :(). As long as both are 'single', I'll hold on to that faith that SA is real. To all the deities out there, please let them be real. I don't like to pressure them on their social media and relentlessly tag them every time there is a SPARTACE MOMENT though I respect the others decision in doing so. I know they are aware of us, I just hope that they'll naturally fall in love (or probably already did- hah!) with or without the pressure of just being 'single', without the pressure of their age ticking so loudly in their ears. Tiny and Haha oppa, I'm just waiting for any slips on your IG lives and posts. :D I'm so excited for the next episode, PD-nims, please be kind to the SA Fans out here. 

Shout out to @Adora Dark for your posts, I really enjoy reading them, especially how concise your points are. :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kook_mong said:

Then, that SA compilation hit me hard. It was that AHA-moment. Their subtle closeness is so different from how Ms. Mong is with the rest of the guys. It was waaay too comfortable, don't you agree?

YES YES YES.  I mean, I was really just watching Running Man for entertainment.  But maaaaan it's hard not to notice the two, even way before 'official' or 'blatant' SA loveline was introduced.

7 minutes ago, kook_mong said:

Tiny and Haha oppa, I'm just waiting for any slips on your IG lives and posts. :D

Heehee, yeah!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, carambsk said:

YES YES YES.  I mean, I was really just watching Running Man for entertainment.  But maaaaan it's hard not to notice the two, even way before 'official' or 'blatant' SA loveline was introduced.

I like how the rest of the members eventually teased the two, it was so cute watching both of their reactions but I like better the subtle moments. :) 

Edited by kook_mong
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, carambsk said:

Currently in a ship rut so putting comments in a spoiler.  Please give me some encouragement. :)

Reveal hidden contents

Currently in a ship rut after watching the first episode of Dragon Brothers and some video snippets from the show.  It's one thing for close friends/family to help couples hide their relationship when it is brought up, it's another to actively talk about the person being single.  On one hand, I know it's still a variety show, so there's that.  On the other hand, the show seemed more like a reality show with friends talking without a script.  Sure there's Cha Tae Hyun who always jokes around, but then there's Jang Hyuk who seems like whatever he says is the truth (he makes his jokes obvious).  This is only based on the 1st episode and some video snippets of them mentioning Jihyo.  See my back and forth?  :blink:  This is a 2017 show though, and a lot of things could have happened since then.  But that's a ( - ) for the long relationship theory, I think.  And then because of that I went on a downward spiral and thought again that maybe the latest poem is a sincere message from JH, and I see more the moments that could be just moments of friends/people who care about each other but not necessarily in a relationship.  And then I thought what if Haha is just teasing them because they see the fans on social media, because I saw the video where he teased JK with HJY, which is obviously just a loveline for TV.  So maybe he just loves teasing and it's not based on the truth.  Ugh.  So, I tried to be positive and watched the videos with the great moments again.  I watched the video of JH on Knowing Brothers, where Hee Chul teased her.  When Hee Chul jokes about something, it always seems he knows something. So yay for that.  What a wild ride this is, hehehe!   

dunno, but for me, just because they're really close, that doesn't mean they always hang around regularly.

it's really hard to catch up with your friends if all of them were very busy with their works.

and i always believe in saying "if you don't know, you don't have to lie if someone ask you".

the bros are really close, but i think there's still something that they hold for themself and not shared it to the others.

in kjk case, that would be his relationship with sjh.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, carambsk said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn’t be too concerned about Dragons Bros and what it may or may not have revealed about SA. I like to keep things in context. IIRC, leading up to the airing of this show, shipper expectations were high since we got some good pics/vids about SA. It’s been a long time so I don’t remember exactly what those were, but many shippers expected good news. Then, either while this show aired or shortly after (again, it’s been a long time), we learned that KJK had joined My Ugly Duckling. That meant that any good news about SA were shelved due to the format of MUD. Looking at this within the framework of Dragon Bros, if they knew KJK’s work plans, they would have done their best to not reveal too much about SA. They may even have tried to misdirect, especially CTH since everyone looked to him for clues re: KJK’s love life. Toward the end of the series, his friends teased him about girls visiting him once he moved out, with HKM hilariously using the excuse of those girls wanting to eat ramen with KJK (wink, wink, LOL). IMO, this was a clear set up for KJK’s upcoming participation on MUD. While the bros were on a trip to make lasting memories, they still had jobs to do, which on a personal level meant supporting each other’s projects. 

7 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

the bros are really close, but i think there's still something that they hold for themself and not shared it to the others.

in kjk case, that would be his relationship with sjh.

I agree.

• Like 4

I feel better, thanks for this. Context is always important, yes!  Glad that I can get that from the people who have been with Spartace for a long time. :)

On a different note, I am looking for a photo of Jihyo wearing black shorts with a number on the side.  It seems that it's JK's shorts, based on another photo of him wearing it?  But I didn't save it!  I hope someone can point me to the right direction.  I am reminded of it because I am now watching 2016 RM episodes.  And in Ep 310 she is wearing a big pair of black Nike shorts hehehe.

Reaction to RM Ep. 308

The skinship in the first 30 minutes or so is just RIDICULOUS.  It was so natural.  The way he held her was just so familiar.  And he held her hand, her wrist, her arm, his arm was around her at some point... everything was natural.  It wasn't the same vibe at all with SJ, and with other members in other episodes, even KS whom she cares for from time to time. 

Reaction to RM Ep. 310

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FOUND A MOMENT THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IN ANY YT OR IG VIDEO (THAT I'VE WATCHED) YET.  And I've watched a lot!  A lot of those videos have the same moments.  But I found a moment in this episode (19:39) where she sat down behind him and stretched/massaged his back!  (KS was also doing it to HH.)  Again we look at all of these things collectively to get the big picture.

:wub:

• Like 1