[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

18 minutes ago, Xonos said:

I think RM and career's the one that block the official declaration of the SA couple, if they serious / already in a relationship etc etc...

Mind you, if they already in a relationship, then SA beats Dispatch in term of keeping it secret...

From past episode, there was even a statements said that Dispatch bored with KJK since KJK life is so boring a.k.a work, home, gym and rinse and repeat...

If during that time SA already in a relationship, means they are actually having their date during RM session and off cam...

You know, as a RM fans, I seriously would hate if RM ends soon, but then if the end of the shows means SA can start declare official, then I will see it as a necessary sacrifice...

Same here, i would hate to see RM ended..but if its necessary to pave the way for JK and JH to be together, in my opinion its should be done. They’re not getting any younger.

My analysis regarding JH willingness to dove into on screen LL is because they work so hard on that persona in RM and in a lot of other variety show and if they both caught in a relationship, so many questions will arise. So in my opinion they took the long road and make the viewer accustomed to the IDEA of start of the relationship. Everything must have a start and a finish, so they plant the idea now on how its all started.

if the relationship starts when JK is still in MUD, then there will be complicated questions since the show concept and what not.

We all know when it began, but that doesnt apply to the whole viewers, so now they plant the idea in order to make a great cover up story.

Kim Hee Chul knows about the relationship, thats why he tease JH in KB. And we all know that KHC do this to idols that is secretly dating.

Btw, my delulu mind have come up with the most satisfying ending. Lol.

what if the last episode is about JK & JH announcing their relationship. Although this probably will never happen, it will be the single greatest memorable moment in the entire show for me since both of the aces are single and so many adore them as a couple.

• Love 1

@mn0096 Thank you for the link!  I watched that once but didn't notice that.  Good thing I asked, I got to watch it again, with context!  It is indeed a big thing for him to say that, at a time when everyone thought the show was going to end.  When did the news of the show continuing come out?  Was it January or February 2017?  If you don't mind, I'd also like to ask what the consensus was on the firing - is it possible that they were fired because they were a couple?

@lmx.zero Hi, I did not say "the relationship between JK and JH is only a show in RM".  To your next point, I asked the second question thinking that MUD was a show about single people.  If they are together, then it could be interpreted that he is somewhat misleading people.  I ask about the public's reaction because I tend to see Knetz as very unforgiving, conservative, and reacting extremely to different situations, based on the little I know and seen in the media.  I have to admit that this is a generalization on my part.  However, I wouldn't say it's unfounded, because there have been incidents.  This is why I'm asking for opinions.

5 hours ago, carambsk said:

Would like to get your opinions on this. 

IF they are indeed together now, if they have been together for several years already...

1) Why do you think they haven't admitted it yet?  They're getting old, it has been several years, so why?  If it's for the show, how important is the show versus their personal lives?  If it's for the show, how long will they keep it up?  

2) What will happen to them when they finally admit it to the public?  Will the public be able to forgive them for the lies and denials, especially with JK being on a show like MUD?

Again, this is assuming that they are indeed together, and that they've been together for several years already.  And I understand that all replies to these questions are just speculations and guesses.

1. the show is not just about kjk and sjh, or just about the members, but the staff too. i don't know exactly how many, but the staff numbers are around 100 or more. imagine if SA being selfish and annouced without any consideration, thus lead to the show being stopped earlier than it should be, how many person lost their jobs ? 

knowing both person are really humble and nice, i don't think they would want to take that risk.

i dunno for how long, but many speculated that the show will ended near the future, maybe 1 or 2 more year. we just have to wait and see.

2. i won't really worried about what would they say to the public though. they could always came up with many stories or excuses. 

just wanna add this, but we should take into account that both of them are celebrities. 

there are so many things they should consider when they want to do or say something, or else it would end up in a scandal.

different from us common people who could say or do something and it wouldn't gain many that much attention from other people.

• Like 5

I don't know about other people on here, but even if spartace have been dating for 7 years or whatnot, I don't think they will admit that to the public. Then, they'd have to explain that they were dating during MC, during SJH's time on WGM, and KJK's time on MUD. It's just messy and confusing, and a lot of people wouldn't understand how to separate work from real life. Likely, they'll say they started dating some time in the last year (e.g. around when the love line started). Most of the general audience will accept that and not ask questions. 

I think the public response will be largely positive to neutral. We can't mistake the vocal antis online for the general population lol. Most people don't care or will be happy to see them in a relationship regardless of who it was as long as KJK/SJH's partners aren't entirely unsuitable. Spartace aren't an outlandish concept like they were in 2015. They've been associated romantically a number of times. Their announcement would be surprising, but not out of nowhere. From what I've seen, most people dislike spartace because of the shippers, and not because they'd be against it if KJK and SJH announced they were dating in real life. They just don't think it's possible in real life, so they're against the fans pushing spartace on KJK and SJH. The dislike is at fans, not at KJK and SJH. Will there be antis if spartace announces? Of course. But when is there not. 

• Like 5

Hi guys! Missed all of you SA loyal fans :wink:
I won't add much since most of the points were answered in above posts. 
I want to talk about SJH's letter in the latest episode. As a long term SA shipper, I don't pay much attention into screen display moments even if they are natural. For me, the most interesting moments are those in the background, those that are not directed for the camera, instead I prefer and I find more meaning in those moments where the camera always shift away from SA to the point where sometimes, it results in an unbalanced/unprofessional cuts done by the editing team. 

@mn0096 's shared video above is one of the honest moments coming from the member's mouths. In no way was YJS trying to inflect more pain to the already wounded SA after the firing incident or even worse spreading rumors about the "why those two?", for those who didn't know or new shippers, in the early year of 2016, SA were engolfed in dating rumors, some news even talked about them visiting wedding halls and it was a huge scandal especially in south korea, so would YJS add fuel to the gas by displaying his support to SA asking them to get married especially under those circumtances??. Also, that episode was shot with 80% confirmation that RM will end soon, it was an episode where members and PDs apologized to SA and to the viewers. So apart from that one direct moment of honesty coming from the wise and veteran YJS, all other on screen moments don't ring a bell on me and they are not the reason why I ship KJK nad SJH together. And so back with the letter case, be it because the sitting arrangement was scripted, the content of the letter (which I highly doubt) was also scripted is not the main reason people ship those two together. 

I don't have access to many SA moments in hand right now so I want to share a one moment here with you that really means a lot to me, because however you look at it, it's just supicious. The footage that the editing team used was not a convenient one, knowing that there were lots of cameras that definitely shot all the members from different angles. The two talking were JSJ and LKS however the angle cut KJK-SJH-LKS-JSJ and only showed a shy/speechless HAHA, a teasing YJS pointing to SA while asking for a cut, with a "pick a boo" YSC, LOL.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I don't know about other people on here, but even if spartace have been dating for 7 years or whatnot, I don't think they will admit that to the public. Then, they'd have to explain that they were dating during MC, during SJH's time on WGM, and KJK's time on MUD. It's just messy and confusing, and a lot of people wouldn't understand how to separate work from real life. Likely, they'll say they started dating some time in the last year (e.g. around when the love line started). Most of the general audience will accept that and not ask questions. 

Now that's a thought.  I was wracking my brain thinking of how they can get away with an announcement smoothly, because of precisely the potential mess that you mentioned, and yes, being vague about timelines or changing the timelines seems like a good way to do it.

48 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I think the public response will be largely positive to neutral. We can't mistake the vocal antis online for the general population lol. Most people don't care or will be happy to see them in a relationship regardless of who it was as long as KJK/SJH's partners aren't entirely unsuitable. Spartace aren't an outlandish concept like they were in 2015. They've been associated romantically a number of times. Their announcement would be surprising, but not out of nowhere. From what I've seen, most people dislike spartace because of the shippers, and not because they'd be against it if KJK and SJH announced they were dating in real life. They just don't think it's possible in real life, so they're against the fans pushing spartace on KJK and SJH. The dislike is at fans, not at KJK and SJH. Will there be antis if spartace announces? Of course. But when is there not. 

I asked about this because of stories I've encountered, mostly of supposed fans, not haters or antis.  An example - several fansites closed when an idol was rumored to be dating (the fansites didn't explain why, seeminly to protect the idol still, but they closed 3 days apart). There was another idol caught having coffee (no announcement!) with a girl near a fanmeet event and the fans felt "betrayed".  There are more, like Kang Daniel and Jihyo - he lost some fans at that time.  I was thinking - is this just for idols?  And then I remembered the Songsong couple, they had to apologize when they announced their wedding.  This is a generalization based on a few stories and celebs, but it seems that Knetz fans feel betrayed when they find out their favorites were dating secretly.  But your post and the memory of the Songsong couple's announcement reminded me that they had more fans who loved them than fans who were disappointed.  I am hoping that the individual fans of JH and JK will still love them even after an admission (or being caught), and not feel betrayed.  I asked for opinions because I am not familiar with the individual fanbases yet.  For sure, there will be no problem with the Spartace fans, if/when that happens, it will be a celebration! :)

5 minutes ago, saissuspicious said:

For me, the most interesting moments are those in the background, those that are not directed for the camera, instead I prefer and I find more meaning in those moments where the camera always shift away from SA to the point where sometimes, it results in an unbalanced/unprofessional cuts done by the editing team. 

Absolutely agree.  It's those moments that are most telling, I think.  Consistent, over the years, many moments put together.  I saved a few videos on IG, and the ones I saved are precisely those background moments.  

I "hate" my babbler self right now because I've started this hours ago (I was at the office, so I could only steal a few minutes each time) and still I failed to talk about SJH & the latest Spartace scene. Anyway, here it goes:

9 hours ago, carambsk said:

1) Why do you think they haven't admitted it yet?  They're getting old, it has been several years, so why?  If it's for the show, how important is the show versus their personal lives?  If it's for the show, how long will they keep it up?  

2) What will happen to them when they finally admit it to the public?  Will the public be able to forgive them for the lies and denials, especially with JK being on a show like MUD?

1) - The common practice in Korean entertainment industry is to officially announce when the relationship is stabilised or when marriage is among the future plans. Therefore - and unlike the norms in the West - a lot of celebrities don't reveal casual relationships or, when it comes to serious ones, they still keep the first months/years hidden until the official commitment.

- KJK has concealed everything about his love life for over two decades and will continue, per his admission, to do so until he is one step before the altar. 

- Work related reasons always delay marriages. In an older interview, SJH had expressed her desire to focus on her career and that she wasn't in a rush to get married. Moreover, in an episode of RM, she had given us an insight into her stance towards marriage, by pretty much admitting she wouldn't be in RM anymore if she had been married. She didn't even round her words like this, she actually said "I'd be one man's wife." Sadly, this is a reality in the conservative world she works, often female celebrities bear the cost of having a new family.

- Although it's more unclear in KJK's case, because he has long now maintained his fervid longing for marriage, I wouldn't rule out career oriented reasons. I don't doubt his sincerity in regards to creating his own family, but I feel the exaggerated zeal he exhibits along with his inability to find "the one" are all part of his public image. I think he would rather proceed in his own pace and said pace doesn't necessarily align with the pressure from the media & the wishful thinking of the fanbase. The truth is this public image creates buzz as well as lands him new projects. Half KJK's career revolves around reality TV. He wouldn't have participated in Ding Ge Long Dong Qiang if he had a public girlfriend. He wouldn't be in My Ugly Duckling if he wasn't single, which further means that committing to this show postpones any marriage arrangements to a later date. (It's worth mentioning that both the existence of Monday Couple and SJH's obligations in WAIL during 2016 have also contributed to the overall delay.)

- Personal reasons related to health issues, family members, financial investments etc. always influence a couple's decisions and we would have no way of knowing any of them.

- The biggest obstacle, however, has always been RM. An open relationship in the show would completely change the dynamics and eventually jeopardise its future. The following are KJK's own words in regards to MC dating (the question was for SJH btw, but he playfully shoved her and told her to be quiet) : "In fact, as much as they want to go on a serious date, because of the programme, RM will face a risk of cancellation, so isn't it better they stay this way?". When KJK himself bluntly brings the factor "cancellation" onto the table, what's more to wonder? It's plain obvious that if Spartace are indeed a couple, they will have to first disengage from their RM contracts and then proceed with public announcements.

Now, why would they seemingly prioritise this show over their personal life? Firstly, we don't know what breaking a contract with a channel like SBS entails. When KG left RM, it was to focus on his music career and be able to start his own family, as a matter of fact he vanished from the TV. However, KG isn't the TV entertainer that KJK is. In this demanding & contolling industry, we don't know the impact a premature departure would have on his career. This is the same man who, in reference to his health problems and how they impeded his place in the show, confessed "But I knew that if I gave this up, I wouldn't be invited to appear on other programmes." And he said this at a time he was already a well established singer and an internationally acclaimed variety star. Secondly, we don't know anything about the negotiations and offers made back when Nam PD approached KJK first with the proposal to continue the show. We are not aware of the old and new parameters added to their contracts. It was an opportunity back then for them to finish the show and, ideally, focus on their private life/rest projects, yet they discarded it and it's naive to believe they would agree on continuing RM solely out of sheer love for it, without their decision being beneficial for their life/careers too, possibly outweighing any drawbacks. That said, thirdly, loyatly and gratitude towards the rest RM members as well as their devoted fans - who supported them throughout their entire mistreatment in late 2016 - would play a role in their seeing RM to the end, rather than leaving early. Lastly, for all the reasons I mentioned previously, perhaps their personal goals and needs coordinate with staying in RM better than the fans think. Thus, they have accepted the price of not disclosing their relationship as long as RM is still airing.

In relation to their age and their ability to have a big family, which is often brought up by fans in disbelief via questions like "Shouldn't they have got married by now? They are not getting any younger", everyone should keep in mind there are treatments and methods (i.e. freezing eggs) that people around the world use extensively, especially if their economic status permits it. So I don't think a reasonable marriage delay would create serious problems on that front either. Assuming of course SJH wants to have kids in the first place (I know she has previously said she'd like to have 3-4, but I tend to be cautious with whatever is said when addressing to a not so progressive audience).

The combination of all the above is my reasoning as to why KJK & SJH haven't been public about their love life yet, whether they are in a relationship with each other or someone else. I do think it's a rather interesting "coincidence" how, throughout the last 7 years of RM, we eventually got dating/marriage/pregnancy news about every single member of the old gang (including SJK and KG) except for those two.

2) For a while I was asking myself the same questions, because at first the possible backlash looked in my mind way too challenging to handle. Until my friend pointed out to me two simple facts:

- Everyone has been anticipating KJK's "good news" for so many years, that the happiness and relief spread to the fans when he finally announces his marriage will quickly overshadow any bitter minority. The majority won't say "Yes, but in X interview X years ago, you claimed you were family", they just won't care if two people at their 40s used to say they can't date. Koreans have a lot of other, more serious scandals to rant about.

- Does anyone hate Kang Gary? He and SJH successfully played the TV couple for years and, as proven eventually, a good portion of that period he was involved with someone else. His sudden marriage and wife's pregnancy took everyone by surprise, even if the news left a lot of fans heartbroken at the time, what's the general consensus now?

Adding to the above, SJH's fans will similarly support her as, to my understanding, the objections to Spartace were more about her involvement in yet another love line after MC with whatever this includes (scripted skits, obsessed fans etc.), rather than Spartace as an actual couple. Moreover, I think the Korean fanbase is accustomed to celebrities using similar excuses to hide their relationships. Besides there's a difference between fans learning the truth about their bias through rumours, gossip articles, paparazzi photos & videos and celebrities (agencies) themselves announcing. Lastly, if they really have to defend themselves to fend off any negative response to their "lies", there are various justifications to utilise; from saying they had to put their work first to claiming they recently decided to give romance a shot. They would never admit they're together since 2013 anyway and, like all celebrities, they have probably accepted there will always be some frustrated fans, no matter what they do.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

On 10/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, jusnita said:

I think they dated before. But broke up now. That's poem seem Goodbye poem for him. That's why our spartace's President Haha's face looked sad, so did Kwang Soo.

I don't want to disagree but I think they already did date but now they are probably on comfortable phase of being in a relationship. Still rooting for spartace though 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, carambsk said:

I asked about this because of stories I've encountered, mostly of supposed fans, not haters or antis.  An example - several fansites closed when an idol was rumored to be dating (the fansites didn't explain why, seeminly to protect the idol still, but they closed 3 days apart). There was another idol caught having coffee (no announcement!) with a girl near a fanmeet event and the fans felt "betrayed".  There are more, like Kang Daniel and Jihyo - he lost some fans at that time.  I was thinking - is this just for idols?  And then I remembered the Songsong couple, they had to apologize when they announced their wedding.  This is a generalization based on a few stories and celebs, but it seems that Knetz fans feel betrayed when they find out their favorites were dating secretly.  But your post and the memory of the Songsong couple's announcement reminded me that they had more fans who loved them than fans who were disappointed.  I am hoping that the individual fans of JH and JK will still love them even after an admission (or being caught), and not feel betrayed.  I asked for opinions because I am not familiar with the individual fanbases yet.  For sure, there will be no problem with the Spartace fans, if/when that happens, it will be a celebration! :)

Spartace are different from young idols. Idols tend to be late teens, early 20s and often insist that they won't date and their fans are their gfs/bfs. Idols tend to have young fans who tend to buy too much into the fantasy they've created of their idols. Spartace are both older and have talked actively about their dating lives. So none of their fans have the same "my idol is my bf/gf" delusion that idol fans tend to have. KJK also talks often about wanting to get married. So KJK and SJH fans are aware that marriage can happen unlike idol fans who are often giveb the promise the idol is single. That's not to say there aren't immature shippers who will act possessive if KJK and/or SJH announce marriage (this includes spartace fans if they don't get married). That's where most of the anti comments will come from, I suspect. Immature shippers who can't accept they were wrong and move on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In light with the last episode of Running Man, I can't help but think of all the moments our SJH eonnie becomes so randomly bold when it comes to KJK oppa. I really like her personality for that. Knowing that KJK is a shy type, being initiative plays a great role when it comes to conveying the message to him. The time when she told him "oppa someone is here too"  up to the "you're my ideal type", I feel like I am really blessed when it comes to shipping these two. Scripted or not, joke or not, there will always be meaning behind those lines. 

2020 is fast approaching and I am hoping for wedding bells for them. I will take Yoo Jae Suk's opinion as my ending line for this post/rant- "it's better if we get them (SJH & KJK) married".   :) 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, carambsk said:

When did the news of the show continuing come out?  Was it January or February 2017?  If you don't mind, I'd also like to ask what the consensus was on the firing - is it possible that they were fired because they were a couple?

It’s been such a long time that I don’t remember exactly when the news came out, so maybe someone else can answer that for you. What I do remember was watching SA suffer through the December end of the year SBS awards with everyone staring at them and watching their reactions. From the moment BEFORE they stepped out of their car (IIRC they rode together in the back seat while LKS sat in front) to when SJH teared up and KJK tried to hold back his own tears watching LKS openly cry while getting his award, their every move was scrutinized. I don’t know about anyone else but to regular RM-fan me (not SA-shipping me) who barely got any sleep because I followed every development for days, SA’s bond was so strong that night that no way was it forged largely because of being fired together. For sure, all the members were close, but SA were unusually closer. People can judge the reasons for that closeness themselves, but yes to answer your 2nd question, it’s very possible: not just “delusional” shippers but also regular I-fans and KNetz wondered if SA were fired because they dated. As someone already noted, rumors about a SA romance have swirled for years. At first because of people naturally joking about two good looking celebs, but later because those two make it quite hard to think a romance between them is a joke because of their own actions. As you read through the rest of the thread posts, you’ll see for yourself why so many of us are still around. I don’t have any experience with shipping except for SA (they’re my first and last ship), but I think they’re quite unusual in the shipping world. We’ll find out for sure one day soon if we’re right, but as of right now, in my humble opinion, they’re together and have been so for a while. Someone posted that SJH’s poem was an open goodbye to KJK. I disagree. SA are intensely private. There’s no reason to publicly say goodbye when they’ve never publicly acknowledged their relationship. Stay tuned, and happy shipping everyone. :) 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@mn0096 Thank you for your sincere and straightforward reply. Really appreciate it! Is there a full video of the awards from the start (like the car that you mentioned)? If there is I hope you can point me to it or send me a link. I've only seen the video of the acceptance speech of Kwangsoo, and it's only now that I'm putting together that that was during that turbulent time. 

• Like 1

i have to add something about sbs award moments. 

when the members were gonna enter the building, kjk seems really heartbroken and didn't enter the building. 

he instead go to a corner almost like cried. it is sjh and hh who came to his side and calm him.

btw, the news about the show continuation was in january 24, 2017

here you go

• Like 7

The general belief for the firing is that SBS wanted to move RM to a gag show. KJK and SJH don't do gag humor, so SBS cut them from the cast. Also because they wanted to hire KHD, and next to YJS, KJK is the second highest paid member. So cutting KJK also makes room for KHD in the show's budget. There was also some speculation that there was a power struggle among SBS's higher ups and KJK-SJH supported the wrong side (idk how true that is - just something I heard in the rumor mill). But while those reasons exist, it's ALSO possible spartace dating contributed to the firing. (I don't believe it was the main cause. They would have been dating in secret, and don't forget that everything is about $$$). But it may have been a case of "We need to cut KJK because of his salary. We might as well cut his gf too. She'd probably leave with him if he got fired anyway." (I assume the execs in charge of the decision were sexist.) Which would, in a way, explain why SJH didn't even get a phone call and had to find out she was fired through the news. Just my take on the incident in addition to @mn0096's post. 

Talking about the firing scandal still makes me mad to this day, so I can only imagine how painful it must be for KJK and SJH. We may have gotten to see snippets of how close they truly are during the incident, and I remember KJK's company would release statements for both of them, but I don't think the cost was worth the moments. I'm glad they got through it, and I'm glad fans banded together for their sakes.

• Like 6

Thank you all for enlightening this newbie on what happened that time.

@mn0096 Watched the clips thanks to @Adines Nugraha and you're right, they looked like they really supported each other that time.  

I looked for the January 2017 pages to see the reactions of the fans to the news of the continuation of the show.  But I started in in the earlier pages so I saw nostalgic posts with favorite Spartace moments, and now I am looking for the episodes with those moments.  Love it!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mn0096 said:

As you read through the rest of the thread posts, you’ll see for yourself why so many of us are still around. I don’t have any experience with shipping except for SA (they’re my first and last ship), but I think they’re quite unusual in the shipping world. We’ll find out for sure one day soon if we’re right, but as of right now, in my humble opinion, they’re together and have been so for a while. 

Kudos to the fans who have been here for a while.  I've been part ships (not hardcore though) before and the couples ended up being together within a year or so.  I can't imagine being in a ship that's not confirmed for a such a long time!  Amazing that you guys are still here, but I guess it's because the two have consistently showed how much they care for each other throughout the years, whether or not they are together.  Until now.  I binge watched Running Man as part of my laughter therapy and really noticed the closeness of the two even before I knew that they were called "Spartace".

We have a lot of new people/new episodes since we made those episode lists. I'm actually curious what everyone's top spartace episodes are now? I definitely have to adjust my list.

Here's mine:

Ep 163 - This is one of the most obvious episodes to me in terms of revealing spartace. KJK completely upstages the other two teams in the opening to win SJH's heart (he princess carries her and she chooses his team). Production makes an excuse to give the other teams a second chance so the show can have its MC moment. But KJK continues to go over the top treating SJH like a princess, and while I'm sure it's for humor, he was the only one who never complained and devoted himself to her as the princess. 

Ep 178 - The RM vs Production team episode is always on my list. It's the episode where SJH takes care of KJK, almost to the exclusion of the others, after he gets out of the boat when crossing the Han River. And it looks as though she holds his hand underneath the towels.

Ep 213 - KJK and SJH got paired at the end of the race thanks to some help from SJH's friend. But also, KJK protected her during the Red Clay fight, SJH laughed loudly during KJK's acting scene, and they were suspiciously awkward and held hands briefly when they were partnered. LKS even slipped up and thought it was "no fair" that SJH and KJK were partnered. 

Ep 230 - No one else ever talks about this ep, but it was the one where the RM team versus the LKS-lead guest team had to figure out answers to a survey about first loves. SJH praises KJK when he says he does the things women like in a man, and after watching high school girls talk about their crushes, KJK and SJH immediately turn to make eye contact. It's a really subtle spartace episode, but if you watch it with "hawk eyes" it's a really interesting episode.

Ep 258 - The Police vs Mafia ep (this is an underrated episode in general, in my opinion). It's the ep where KJK and SJH compete against each other in the convenience store race. They don't even treat it like a competition and giggle the whole time. When KJK hides behind SJH, the editors even caption it "We're just friends".

Ep 285 - This is a super important episode to me. It's the mystery box episode where SJH was afraid and asked KJK to help her (not LKS or KG). She cried, KJK supported her, YJS teased her that she looked like she was giving birth, etc. It came at a time when non-spartace shippers insisted KJK and SJH weren't close because they didn't have highlighted moments on screen, and after that episode, people had to admit that KJK was one of the closest members to SJH. 

Ep 436 - Suddenly, spartace IS legal. They finally (after years of hoping) got to be in a couple race together. And, by pure luck, they won. The RM cast teased like they'd been waiting for this moment for years, and it was great. Sure, I prefer their subtle interactions to the love line moments, but this episode was an important one, and we FINALLY got our couple race. And it was everything I'd hoped it''d be.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Feeling a bit nostalgic today, so here’s a quick clip of a real SA moment. Can’t deny their closeness. Around 2015, I think. SA were fired in 2016. :) 

Credits as indicated. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, carambsk said:

Is there a full video of the awards from the start (like the car that you mentioned)? If there is I hope you can point me to it or send me a link. 

I don’t know if there’s a full vid of the awards show, though I think SBS streams it every year so you may be able to find it on YT or even Naver. As for SA riding together to the awards show, there was fancam footage, a bit blurry but still obvious that SA rode together in the back seat. I wasn’t able to find it just now, but you may see it as you read through the earlier posts. To add to the context as shared by @Adines Nugraha, SA’s closeness was further evidenced by how SJH talked KJK through his heartache when it was time to join everyone in the ballroom. IIRC from fan comments who were there, KJK stayed in or near the elevator, at one point leaning against it not being able to move, and she (and HH) stayed behind to console him. As @linzer03 said, he spoke for both of them against SBS, but she stepped in when he needed her most. They’re both so strong in their own ways, perfectly supportive of each other, plus also quite complimentary as per previous discussions re: horoscopes and such. While some may not believe in those things, SKs do as we’ve seen with the FT eps. If SA are just friends, they’re the best kind. No matter what, there’s always been something “more” about them. Everyone’s welcome to conclude as they wish, of course. Cheers! :) 

• Like 4