Quantcast
firstnadya007

SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

I read though past post and when I read though some SA fans managed to pass the SA gifts to RM members, I seriously wonder what is their response behind the scenes especially KJK and SJH...

I still remember there is even one episode in RM on MC special, wondering will there even be one special episode on SA...

And last year, on SBS couple award, KJK and HJY wins the award, so I also wondering, whether this year couple award will SBS put KJK and SJH as well...?

img%5D

The reaction of JK and JH when they first met at RM ( EP 2 )

img%5D

JH's reaction when JK jumps into the water ( EP 3 )

img%5D

JK and JH's reaction when told to look at each other ( EP 4 )

img%5D

JK said that JH should have called JK oppa and seen how JH reacted to JK. ( EP 4 )

img%5D

JH's reaction when watching JK video ( EP 8 )

img%5D

JH's reaction when JK kissed BS on the forehead ( EP 9 )

• Like 3

KJK had a concert in Temecula (a city in between LA and San Diego) on 10/5/19 and SJH and LKS recorded a video cheering for him for the concert. Judging on the outfits, this video was recorded during filming of the most recent episode with Tiffany, Hwang Chi Yeol, and the two young actresses from Hotel del Luna. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Tiny oppa is live now on ig and he talked alot about filipino food with KJK and the good news is Kim jong kook might have a concert in the Philippines :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, YeJin25 said:

Tiny oppa is live now on ig and he talked alot about filipino food with KJK and the good news is Kim jong kook might have a concert in the Philippines :wub:

I missed the ig live of tiny oppa .  

3 hours ago, YeJin25 said:

I also watched the IG live of Tiny oppa a while ago. I actually asked if KJK oppa can come to Australia (and lots of people (including me) asked if he will go the Philippines as well) and Tiny oppa mentioned that he might come to Philippines and Australia. He asked if there is a Running Man fanmeeting but KJK oppa seems too busy to reply. 

KJK oppa is eating Cheetos... In the IG live also, Tiny oppa mentioned that he likes Filipino food like adobo and crispy pata! Anyway, I really hope that HE (KJK oppa) will come to Philippines and Australia. :)

Hi!  Newbie here.  New to Running Man, new to Spartace, new to Soompi forums.  Although I'm relatively new, I've watched a lot of episodes already and have read a lot of pages here.  I have a lot of thoughts on Spartace but they're all over the place so I will just go with what comes to mind.

I think it's hard to deny that there is something between them if you've watched so many episodes of the show, because there are just too many moments between the two.  I like the subtle ones more, not the ones where they are openly teased, because for me, these moments, collectively, tell you more about the two.  She takes care of him too much, and he takes care of her too much, compared to the other members.  It shows how special they are to each other, more than the other members.  Now as to the definition of that, I don't know.  

Why don't I know?  Because there are some things I see which makes me feel it's possible they're not in a relationship.  I remember seeing a meme about Spartace about being hot and cold and yeah, there are red flags, in my opinion.  These are all just opinions because no one really knows what's going on. 

1) The biggest red flag for me is JH teasing both of themselves, especially when she initiates it.  It's one thing being teased by friends and other members (like Haha), but if they are together, there is a reason why they haven't disclosed their relationship.  So openly teasing him with herself could point to the other direction.  

2) Two other red flags: when he gets teased to other girls or members, by JH herself, and when JH herself wishes that he gets married or finds someone soon.  She seems sincere, in both cases, for me. 

For 1) and 2) - are they that brazen with their deception?  

3) The other red flag is JK's mom's words when JH was a guest in MUD.  I have to admit that I haven't watched the full episode, that I've only seen snippets on YouTube.  It's one thing for the two of them to deny their relationship, but I think it's harder to expect that from JK's mom.  The three possibilities with the mom is that a) they're in a relationship but she doesn't know, b) they're in a relationship and she knows so she's faked her comments, or c) they're really not together and she really wishes that they were.  a and b are unlikely and unfortunately, it seems c is most likely the truth.

Of course my hope is that JK and JH both conmen :) and that their relationship is one of the biggest cons in Korea.  I really cannot discount that because there are also so so many signs that they are special to each other.  I've also had thoughts about them dating each other for around 6 years now, which is a theory shared by many members here.  If they are together, my guess (hope?) as to why they're not married is that they broke up sometime in the middle of the relationship, and they're still finding their way back so they are still cautious.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I've always entertained the idea that SJH and KJK are like the type of couple (friends or otherwise) who don't realize they're being very couple-y until it suddenly hits them one day. 

There's no denying to us who watch them very closely that they do certain things that are quite too intimate to be explained away as a friends thing (though I do know that there are friends who are like that in intimacy levels). I won't list them down, I know we all have our moments in mind already lol. 

On the other hand, I also agree that there are moments where they make it hard to think that they are together. The vehement denials from KJK, the fact that SJH seems to simply enjoy teasing him regardless if it's with her or someone else, the sudden emergence and abrupt disappearance of their rm loveline, etc. 

I feel like regardless of their actual status, shipping them feels fun and rewarding because we can all see that they are close - they share a special bond that is different from the one SJH shares with LKS/YSC or JSJ/HH, and different from the one KJK shares with JSM. They have a comfort level with each other over the years that, if you choose to see it as a couple thing or a close friend thing, still feels really nice to witness. 

• Love 2

9 hours ago, YeJin25 said:

wow I hope by december!

Welcome here @carambsk ! It's always nice to meet new Spartace shippers and read their input :) I apologise in advance because I am going to disagree with some of the points you made and offer a different explanation to all of them, please be sure everything is said with good intention, if anything you're giving me (us) a chance to bring forth some arguments.

7 hours ago, carambsk said:

1) The biggest red flag for me is JH teasing both of themselves, especially when she initiates it.  It's one thing being teased by friends and other members (like Haha), but if they are together, there is a reason why they haven't disclosed their relationship.  So openly teasing him with herself could point to the other direction.  

For the most part, SJH teased him with herself following the loveline concept. While Haha and others have been hinting at their relationship way before the show even attempted to highlight them, and a lot of those moments aired in other shows or were taken from social media (i.e. Haha's Spartace photo to promote his wife's song, JSJ's deleting his reblogging of Spartace kiss manip) SJH initiated it in a few episodes on RM when that was the direction the show itself was taking. If they are together, this could mean two things:

a) She was doing her job. Even if KJK and SJH would rather not to engage into any loveline and reveal their relationship after RM ends, they are still bound by contracts. If the concept wanted one of them more active in the loveline while the other would be shying away, exactly because these behaviours align better with the roles they already play in the show (imagine KJK happily endorsing every flirty situation, who would believe him?) then that's what they would do regardless if they are together or not. Moreover, it's a way for her to gain more screentime. Even though the production may discuss and develop their plans along wth them, I don't believe Spartace have much of a saying in the changes made regarding lovelines. Don't forget we are talking about a show broadcast on a channel that back in late 2016 fired them both without proper notice.

b) It has been suggested by other members before, a reason why Spartace may have agreed to a more open teasing about their relationship could be exactly because we are heading closer to RM's end and the official announcement of their dating and/or marriage. It's a way of easing the audience into their reality without exposing much. In this case, I don't think it's odd that SJH occasionally embraces the loveline more comfortably than she would do in the past. Besides, as long as KJK keeps presenting himself as the single guy in pursuit of a wife and they both are very cautious with their interaction outside of RM to protect their relationship, whatever happens in the show's controlled environment right in front of the cameras won't have any negative effect on said relationship, no matter if they stand away from each other or tease themselves as a couple. So, honestly, she has no serious reason not to tease him/them if it can pass as a moment of entertainment. On the other hand, she has many reasons to be careful outside of RM, on social media, in interviews etc.

2) Two other red flags: when he gets teased to other girls or members, by JH herself, and when JH herself wishes that he gets married or finds someone soon.  She seems sincere, in both cases, for me.

First of all, this is a matter of interpretation. If SJH's reactions in the same scene look sincere to you while pretentious to someone else, there isn't a lot to be said. However, I do have one suggestion and one simple point to make. For the former, I suggest everyone who has some free time to spare, to read through @linzer03 's reviews of SA scenes on RM from 2010 to 2016, especially during the episodes where KJK was being partnered/teased with female guests. She is analysing really well SJH's reactions, even if one doesn't agree with all the observations she makes, still she sheds ample light on questionable quotes and subtle motions viewers would have ignored otherwise. Now, picking a recent moment from the top of my head, I'll say that SJH had a very - to put it politely - unapproving facial expression when JSM mentioned inside the bus how her mother's favourite is KJK. For the latter, I'd like to point out that SJH will wish KJK to find marital happiness whether she is his girlfriend or his good friend. There are two long-lasting notions that have accompanied KJK throughout his career as a singer & entertainer; his muscles/good health hype and his search for a suitable girlfriend/wife. From questions in interviews to segments in shows, the gossip always revolves around them, essentially they are a part of his on screen persona. Therefore, it's impossible for SJH and the rest not to participate whenever his love life becomes the main topic. Further suspicions would be raised if SJH appeared unwilling to contribute to the discussion by adding to the wishes shared not only by the cast, but by a whole fandom. And obviously she will sport a smile, if she is a friend because she will really mean it, if she is a lover because she will want to make it believable.

3) The other red flag is JK's mom's words when JH was a guest in MUD.  I have to admit that I haven't watched the full episode, that I've only seen snippets on YouTube.  It's one thing for the two of them to deny their relationship, but I think it's harder to expect that from JK's mom.  The three possibilities with the mom is that a) they're in a relationship but she doesn't know, b) they're in a relationship and she knows so she's faked her comments, or c) they're really not together and she really wishes that they were.  a and b are unlikely and unfortunately, it seems c is most likely the truth.

Honestly, while I can understand your worries and doubts regarding your previous points, here I feel there is a problem in the rational sequence between observation and conclusion.  If two celebrities are a couple who don't wish to reveal their status to the public yet, the first people I'd expect to help them and keep it a secret would be their immediate relatives. It would be shocking if KJK's mother confirmed their relationship, not only this would go against her son's wishes, but also it would beat the whole purpose of My Ugly Duckling - which revolves around older yet still single men - and the very reason she and KJK are paid for. Basing our deductions about Spartace on whether KJK's mother denied it during a very scripted show is pointless since she can't confirm it there in any case. I'm genuinely surprised you leapt to the third possibility. Also, everyone should keep in mind that despite her undoubted sweetness, KJK's mother isn't a newbie in front of the camera at all. She has been appearing on shows about her son - in short or longer segments - since his early years, she knows how to deal with questions about him. Considering how KJK has flatly stated more than once he will always deny he is in a relationship even if he trully is, the last one to deviate from this would be his own mother with whom he maintains a very close relationship. Actually, I'd say that episodes 79 & 80 of MUD when SJH guested, if evaluated thoroughly may reveal more evidence in favour of Spartace rather than against.  :)

By the way, even though it isn't very important, I'd like to say that I'm a very sceptical shipper myself. My posts here may be deceiving but I do have my own share of doubts which is though triggered by different Spartace moments/actions. It just so happens that said moments pale in comparison to the abundance of evidence we have.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Yay Adora Dark, thanks for the reply.  I love your posts the most here. I don't know how to tag here yet and to quote so I'll just reply.

I've thought about them just doing their jobs as well.  And I know that this is subject to interpretation, but I feel that with JK it's more obvious when it's a job (whether in Running Man or in his other projects).  

I've read a lot of analysis and comments on gestures and body language and the like here and on IG, and yes, everything is really subjective.  I've watched the full videos/episodes of the exact moments mentioned and shown on the video snippets (I looked for them hehehe!) and while I saw some moments, I really couldn't see the others. There really are a lot of moments that point to them being a couple, as I've said, but the teasing itself, for me, just sounds sincere on JH's end.  Which is why I'm so confused!  The moments that seem like they are part of the planned RM loveline look obvious, but there are others that do not seem to be part of the script.  In any case, long story short, this couple drives me nuts!  :p

I wouldn't put a lot of weight on my third red flag because as I've said, I haven't even watched the full episodes, just the snippets.  I don't know the mom very well so that was based on my assumptions.  While yes, the closest friends and maybe relatives are the first ones to hide secrets, I assumed that it's harder for the older generation to be good at hiding things.  Of course I am not expecting a confirmation, I expected some hints or minor slips.  Now that you pointed out that his mom has been on so many shows about JK, then that changes things for me.  My next order of business is to watch those full episodes, hehehe! 

Glad you pointed out the fact that JK has said that he will deny he is in a relationship even if he truly is - I remember now.  That's one of the things that support the possibility of them being together.

I've had a lot of back and forths, and I think could have started dating in 2013-2014, or late 2016-2017.  

Again thanks for the reply and I hope you don't mind if I post questions about the two of them in the near future.  New fan so I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heynell said:

I feel like regardless of their actual status, shipping them feels fun and rewarding because we can all see that they are close - they share a special bond that is different from the one SJH shares with LKS/YSC or JSJ/HH, and different from the one KJK shares with JSM. They have a comfort level with each other over the years that, if you choose to see it as a couple thing or a close friend thing, still feels really nice to witness. 

A quote... would you look at that.  Yay me!

Anyway, I absolutely agree with everything you said here. :)  

• Like 2

@Adora Dark If you don't mind, I hope you can answer questions from this newbie fan...

1) Why didn't JH attend JK's concert - is it because she was shooting her movie?  I felt that if they were a couple, she would be there no matter what, and being with other RM members would be the perfect 'cover'.  But then I also know that movie/TV shoots are gruelling and sometimes very far, so I didn't include this in my red flag list, although it makes me wonder.

2) Who is Tiny Oppa to JK?  It seems he's very important to JK, and seeing him very close to JH makes me smile. 

@carambsk Welcome! I'm glad you took the time to read up on spartace, and I think we all start off with doubts. I certainly leaned towards believing that they weren't dating when I first started posting here. For me, having a chance to discuss it with other shippers helped me figure things out. So know that we're always here to talk things over with!

Sometimes it's important not to over analyze a single moment. It's very easy to take a snapshot picture or a short interaction between two people and come up with all sorts of explanations. We have to remember that they're on a show where they have characters to follow and we only see a fraction of footage from a day of shooting. Just because we want to see KJK and SJH acting besotted with each other all the time, the truth is couples (especially long-lasting couples) aren't going to be constantly gazing at each other and standing next to each other. When you add up all of spartace's suspicious moments (the interactions when they don't think the cameras are focused on them, things other RM members have said, scenes of them looking at each other), I believe it outweighs the few times where the short clips we see make it appear that they're not together. 

And of course we must remember that if they are dating, they want to keep it secret but also leave open the possibility that they could get married. One thing many spartace fans have pointed out is that if spartace was really concerned about fans linking them together, their agencies could just release official statements (especially when that article with the marriage rumor came out - which was such a bs article lol). Official statements have more validity to them than a comment on a TV show, as the company's reputation is on the line if the statement turns out to be untrue. However, KJK and SJH have released no such statement. Of course, they have said "We're family/friends" before, but that's a fairly standard k-celeb response when they're dating someone, get caught, but don't want to admit it. KJK has said that he will insist that he is single even if he's dating until he's ready to get married. And it's worked for him. There's a reason KJK hasn't had a single public girlfriend in all his celebrity career. The man knows how to date in secret. Which is why it's not all that shocking that we have moments that cause us doubt. 

And I second what @Adora Dark said. Just to add, SJH almost exclusively teases KJK in love lines, while she never teased LKS, KG, or any of the other members nearly as much. She does tease them from time to time, but she goes out of her way to tease KJK, and she's done so since the very early days. I don't know about y'all, but when I'm seeing a guy, I tease him about other women, saying things like "Ohh so that's your type". It's fun, and a teasing/light expression of jealousy. I think it's a pretty normal thing (at least for me?), and add that to KJK's on screen persona as @Adora Dark said, I think SJH's teasing of KJK with other women on the show makes sense.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Also, what do y'all think of this?

Here is a really rough translation of what happened that I found on IG wht some additions of mine:

SJH's poem wishes that KJK "...would meet the women who makes him warm in winter and give birth of muscular babies looks like him". Then YJS and JSJ "tease her that she would have written in the end: that is actually me that stays besides you" Then HH stands and shouts with YSC and JSM "Read the last part!". (KJK joins in them chanting this part, it looks like). So SJH says it "jokingly while covering her mouth with her hand"  Then "when KJK part came, he said before standing: yeah I should get married"

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I think they dated before. But broke up now. That's poem seem Goodbye poem for him. That's why our spartace's President Haha's face looked sad, so did Kwang Soo.

• Insightful 1

11 hours ago, carambsk said:

In any case, long story short, this couple drives me nuts!  :p

First, welcome to the forum, glad to read your opinions regarding our SA. Well, it's true, this couple is driving us nuts, lol. :D I remembered someone had ever said, being SA shipper is like riding a roller coaster. It has so many ups and downs. However, I enjoyed the process, though. After all these years, we can still witness their sweet and unnecessary skinship, right? What not to love about seeing them together? Apart from their fictitious characters on RM, I believe their true characters and situations that they are dealing were more complicated, so perhaps that was the reason why they aren't disclosed their relationship status up until now (being together with each other or not).

For once or twice, I've tried to deny it myself, like saying, ah... SA are just close like a sibling for each other, RM is a big family, everybody are close as a siblings, etc, etc. However, this sibling thing just really doesn't suit these two, at least for me. Yes, we had so many evidence already. And I agree that seeing their intimate moments when they're not in the highlight was really special. The fact that what we see on screen was only a small portion of their interactions, yet we still could see their secretive moments so much all these times, only means a thing for me. They're interacted way more than that in reality!

10 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Sometimes it's important not to over analyze a single moment. It's very easy to take a snapshot picture or a short interaction between two people and come up with all sorts of explanations.  

Yes, I couldn't agree more. I may sound like an antis for saying this, but sometimes that overly "slow-mo" version of their flash eye contact isn't my cup of tea. But, maybe it's just me, lol. However, I can't deny that by slow-mo the moment can give us clearer vision too.

10 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Also, what do y'all think of this?

Well, I'm waiting for the subs eagerly for this one, so we could get the idea of what she wrote for JK. Not that it would give us so much hint because it was made for the purpose of the show, but... I think she wrote it kinda sweetly (based on the BGM they used). And, hence, she mentioned winter? Yes, it might be coincidental (once again), but our SA always on the center of attention during winter.

Beside this moment, after watching it raw, my favorite moment is when JK caught JH in the middle of chaos and said to her to be careful. He might be helping other teams to accomplish their mission at that time, but his sheepish smile when realizing he caught JH said it all for me. :wub:

8 hours ago, jusnita said:

I think they dated before. But broke up now. That's poem seem Goodbye poem for him. That's why our spartace's President Haha's face looked sad, so did Kwang Soo.

Well, I've respected your views here, but I think, I'd better to watch the engsub version first to give a comment about this. :)

On 10/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, Xonos said:

And last year, on SBS couple award, KJK and HJY wins the award, so I also wondering, whether this year couple award will SBS put KJK and SJH as well...?

Lastly, I wanted to give my opinion regarding this matter. Yep, it's interesting that you mentioned about it. Umm, I'm not sure about this, though. The show clearly had no single leading loveline at the moment. IMO, they tried to form several loveline since earlier this year (JK-JH, JK-JSM, YSC-JSM, even JSJ-JSM), but I believe SA (being together or not) were not in the hunt for that award though. So, let's see what the production team would bring in the upcoming episodes. ;)

• Like 1

img%5D

this is a poem composed by JH for JK.

I don't know if this translation is the same as the poem.

autumn is known for its good weather
the sky high, and the man of autumn, "Kim Jong Kook"
is raising his standards, and his muscles are getting fatter
he just needs to meet the one who will warm his cold winter
and starts a new life while fluttering the wedding veil.
when the autumn come back again
i wish that you would spend the rest of your life...
in warmth with a muscular child that resembles you

• Like 3

@jusnita I doubt Jihyo would play along with the members teasing them together if that was the case. Even if they ended things on good terms pushing the lovelive would've been a very awkward thing to do for both of them.

after I watched RM ep 471, I will share a little of my opinion and here I don't hate anyone. ^^

in the poem written by JH for JK, I'm glad JK listened to what JH wrote for him, but when YJS said (the last line was JH), JK and JH's response seemed to be embarrassed (you can see the sweet smiles of both JK and JH) and JK and JH did not say they were family.

for the game I do not know what is thought by the PD, where JSM is hiding for too long, even though what I know is that the RM for hiding should not be too long, even though the game for me is less attractive, but what makes me interesting is when JK holds JH's hand very long without resistance.

in my opinion JK and JH don't think too much about winning or losing, I see JK and JH are happy, even though they lost to the JSM team.

I hope JK and JH will be happy ending... ^^

• Like 1