[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

My Thoughts on Ep 439

I find it funny that HH points out all these things spartace do, because to any spartace fan, these are normal. We see spartace having private convos and sharing food and even interlocking fingers in the background all the time. But now those things are being pointed out by HH and brought to the forefront, and I find it funny that people are saying its fake or just for show. KJK and SJH have been like this for several years now.

KJK's "stop it now" in the car was so cute. 

KJK's warning that there are people nearby when HH is teasing sprtace is interesting. If they're a love line on the show, it shouldn't be a big deal. MC did stuff in public without problem, but KJK seems very aware when it comes to being teased with SJH that there are people around that could overhear.

Most people have talked about the spartace moments, such as they arguing over who gets to eat and holding hands, so I won't get into it. I will say that their tones of voice is are so different with each other than with others. They speak to each other so gently and with so much fondness. This is also the second time I've heard KJK swear on RM, and it's in relation to HH teasing him about SJH lol. 

I thought it was interesting how YSC seemed to check with KJK before calling HJY. I think he wanted to make sure KJK was okay with his old love line coming onto the show, especially after KJK's been trying to put some distance between him and that love line. I also found it interesting that the captions dubbed her "like SJH's sister and KJK's girlfriend". I don't remember a huge fuss being made about her relationship with SJH (it was mainly outside of the show that fans said they were close to calm down spartace fans who felt like HJY hurt SJH by having a love line with KJK), but now it seems important to point out that she and SJH are close. Personally, I on't think it was weird for HJY, SJH, or KJK at all, and it's only because viewers know their variety relationships that it's weird.

But, interestingly, it is a trope in literature that the Final Partner meets the Previous Love Interests, before ending up with the protagonist. It's like a comparison thing where you see why the previous love interests weren't right for the protagonist and why the final partner is. While RM is obviously not a piece of literature, the show is trying to tell a story of the world created in RM that is comprehensive to the audience, so I would not be surprised if the mention of KG and the mission with HJY were scripted in some way. With spartace as a love line, we have had SJH stating clearly that she has moved past KG, and now we have had KJK and SJH meeting HJY again. (This all very meta and would take a lot of explaining, so don't mind me. If you want to hear more, I'd happily talk about it, but for now I'll just leave it at this.)

During the dried food on SJH's lips, I actually think KJK's first instinct was to help her. You see him make a movement in her direction until HH speaks. I think HH's teasing actually stopped him. And, as others have said, SJH is actually intiating a lot of this love line. She goes along with the teasing, and it's the most active I've seen her on this show for a long time.

As someone else already mentioned, SJH and KJK shuffle towels at the end. The hidden spartace moments we all know and love still exist.

• Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

Guys, do you still remember ep 286? The detective conan episode? The one whereby they needed to find the culprit who stole the necklace? For that episode, the final winners were gary hyung and haha hyung. They won a trip to London (the home of Sherlock homes) iirc. However, that reward trip never happened although fans kept asking sbs about it. I hope the LA trip for jihyo noona will actually be real and not like what happened to haha hyung and gary hyung. I guess the LA trip will only happen after jihyo noona has finished filming her new movie. I heard the filming will wrap up in May 2019 only. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spartaceluv98 said:

Guys, do you still remember ep 286? The detective conan episode? The one whereby they needed to find the culprit who stole the necklace? For that episode, the final winners were gary hyung and haha hyung. They won a trip to London (the home of Sherlock homes) iirc. However, that reward trip never happened although fans kept asking sbs about it. I hope the LA trip for jihyo noona will actually be real and not like what happened to haha hyung and gary hyung. 

No! KG went to europe. They actually made also a special ep after he came back from europe!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sofiemarz said:

No! KG went to europe. They actually made also a special ep after he came back from europe!

Nope kang gary going for the europe trip was back in 2012, for episode 81. For the ep 286 (which was in 2016), haha hyung and gary hyung never went to London although they won the trip reward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok. This is really random and sincere apologies for the overdelulu. But IF and only IF SA is real and announces their wedding, i hope jk hyung sings this song "Beautiful In White" during their wedding. The lyrics are just so beautiful and fits our SA so well:

Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak
In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece
So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now till my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
Tonight
What we have is timeless
My love is endless
And with this ring I say to the world
You're my every reason you're all that I believe in
With all my heart I mean every word
Will have and hold you
This day I'll cherish
Tonight
(Woo... Ooo... You look so beautiful in white)
And if a daughter is what our future holds
I hope she has your eyes
Finds love like you and I did
Yeah, but when she falls in love we let her go
I'll walk her down the aisle
She'll look so beautiful in white
Will have and hold you
This day I'll cherish
Tonight
Tonight
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Regita M. P said:

KJK solo concert.

I hope (not too much) SJH as a special guest (again) like 2017 :D 

Hmmm, is it just me who overthink about this or this concert also related to their upcoming announcement? ^_^

And I wonder what songs are KJK going to sing? Will he sing 'December'? Yes, hoping JH will come to his concert, but I'm gladly await for the surprise they are gonna give us. :wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, elzy said:

Hmmm, is it just me who overthink about this or this concert also related to their upcoming announcement? ^_^

And I wonder what songs are KJK going to sing? Will he sing 'December'? Yes, hoping JH will come to his concert, but I'm gladly await for the surprise they are gonna give us. :wub:

Hmm might be you're right & I love ur delulu I think that too...

Esp he is came back after 9 years . wow.

but I personaly think for this concert he will not announce yet because SJH still filming, Mr. Protective will protect her career until she is finish it ...

I wish too SJH will came (again) this will be surprise because this is really kjk solo concert not like before 2017 / at least KJK sing a song December (since December became soundtrack of SA moments) :D or ... 1% Miracle :D 

• Like 7

If they do announce this year, I don't think it will be until the second half and probably late. They're most likely trying to fill their schedules now before any marriage plans take action. I'm sure they have concerns about how this will effect their careers and also they will probably want to start a family quickly, which will put their careers on hold or slow them down. So there may be an element of make money and establish selves now before taking a break for their personal lives. Spartace have prioritized their careers over their personal lives for such a long time that it's nice to see them making the two compatible. They seem to really enjoy the teasing. Even KJK. 

KJK's responses to the teasing on the surface don't seem that different to his reactions to teasing about his love lines. He plays the shy guy in both scenarios. I don't think there's a very good quantitative explanation for this, but he seems pleased even if annoyed whereas I didn't get the sense that he enjoyed any of the teasing with his other love lines. There's a genuine softness between him and SJH that can't be measured or given as definitive proof to people who don't see it, but it's there.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

If they do announce this year, I don't think it will be until the second half and probably late. They're most likely trying to fill their schedules now before any marriage plans take action. I'm sure they have concerns about how this will effect their careers and also they will probably want to start a family quickly, which will put their careers on hold or slow them down. So there may be an element of make money and establish selves now before taking a break for their personal lives. Spartace have prioritized their careers over their personal lives for such a long time that it's nice to see them making the two compatible. They seem to really enjoy the teasing. Even KJK. 

Agree with u...

Since we all know their schedules esp SJH still busy until first half of this year, I don't think they will announce it in the near time. It will ruin their career esp SJH, so I personaly think they will announce the second half of this year.

Yes, it will be have an effect for their career, such as KJK must resign from MUD, SJH will be a long hiatus (we can guess, SJH will pregnant asap after they getting married). So, it really need take a time for them at this time + KJK once said didn't want to make a surprise for his fans about his wife to be, KJK just want slow but sure make his fans accept his wife to be, so I think this time they did it.

Yes, their priority is their career.

And I'm so glad KJK&HH make 401 Restaurant & product still continue & more big (today they announce the new product at gs25 store). Its good for KJK himself (not forever KJK can work in entertainment industry, KJK really prepare it).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Regita M. P said:

Hmm might be you're right & I love ur delulu I think that too...

Esp he is came back after 9 years . wow.

but I personaly think for this concert he will not announce yet because SJH still filming, Mr. Protective will protect her career until she is finish it ...

I wish too SJH will came (again) this will be surprise because this is really kjk solo concert not like before 2017 / at least KJK sing a song December (since December became soundtrack of SA moments) :D or ... 1% Miracle :D 

IKR... Yeah me too, i don't think the announcement would take place at this concert though, but I'm wondering the reason behind his solo concert all of sudden after 9 years. Why now? I know some singers have done it also (held a solo concert), but may I think that this concert would be a present from JK before he gonna start his family soon?

I don't think JK will end his career once he is married though, but seeing JK as a family man, I think he would lessen his activity on screen (as a MC or singer) to spend his times with his loved ones. So, maybe this is the hint he drop for us? Idk about JH actually, since she is more private about her private life, but of course if they are going to marry and start a family soon, JH need to take a break from her schedules too, right? But, as an actrees, I don't see which way she gonna express her "farewell" before she tie a knot.

It seemed everything we through right now is like find the missing puzzle pieces until the day they announce their relationship to the public. Hope everything is right, and one day we would look back to these days with a big grin on our faces and with a heart full of warmth. :)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, elzy said:

IKR... Yeah me too, i don't think the announcement would take place at this concert though, but I'm wondering the reason behind his solo concert all of sudden after 9 years. Why now? I know some singers have done it also (held a solo concert), but may I think that this concert would be a present from JK before he gonna start his family soon?

I don't think JK will end his carrier once he is married though, but seeing JK as a family man, I think he would lessen his activity on screen (as a MC or singer) to spend his times with his loved ones. So, maybe this is the hint he drop for us? Idk about JH actually, since she is more private about her private life, but of course if they are going to marry and start a family soon, JH need to take a break from her schedules too, right? But, as an actrees, I don't see which way she gonna express her "farewell" before she tie a knot.

It seemed everything we through right now is like find the missing puzzle pieces until the day they announce their relationship to the public. Hope everything is right, and one day we would look back to these days with a big grin on our faces and with a heart full of warmth. :)

Yes, it's seems we search a missing puzzle & we're like detective . Our heart seems ride a roaller coaster . LOL . Standing applause for sunbaenim who always rooting SA & always support the newbie fans like us ...

Let's wait until the concert finish, maybe we have an answer about it :)  Maybe the song & or the moment & or the concert related their announce in the future.

(my delulu also think this : maybe that month is their anniv?) Ok. I will stop my delulu in here :lol:

For sure KJK still & will focus for his career (he must earn a lot of money for wife & kids).

And I'm guessing KJK will less going to the gym automaticaly when SJH pregnant and a few months after giving birth.

For SJH, I'm guessing last year (2018), SJH work as much as she can before she will take a long hiatus (maybe this year maybe next year). She will really happy when she is pregnant & having a baby, trust me :) And KJK never ever leave her alone, so she will very comfortable about the new chapter ;) 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, linzer03 said:

KJK's responses to the teasing on the surface don't seem that different to his reactions to teasing about his love lines. He plays the shy guy in both scenarios. I don't think there's a very good quantitative explanation for this, but he seems pleased even if annoyed whereas I didn't get the sense that he enjoyed any of the teasing with his other love lines. There's a genuine softness between him and SJH that can't be measured or given as definitive proof to people who don't see it, but it's there.

Yes. Agreed. I too have the opinion that even if they announce, it is going to be around year end or maybe early next year. Both SA are rather busy with their careers. Jk hyung has a few shows going on, has an upcoming solo concert, whereas jihyo noona is currently busy filming her new drama and most likely there will be new seasons for her other shows Pajama Friends/Song Ji hyo's Beautiful Life? And i guess perhaps another drama on the way? So this year, career-wise, SA is extremely busy. 

As for jong kook hyung's concert, i personally don't think this time jihyo noona would attend. She is busy filming for her new movie and also i think SA want to lay low for a while. These days due to their loveline on RM, fans including knetz are so interested in them, so i guess SA would not want to create any rumors because people will surely be interested if jihyo noona shows up for his concert. Iirc, for the turbo concert in 2017 that jihyo noona attended, that time rumors of SA was rather quiet so i think that was the reason jihyo noona had no prob attending as guest for the Turbo Daegu concert. 

I guess jk hyung will have other RM members as guests. I am pretty sure haha hyung would be one of the guests since jk hyung and haha hyung usually help each other out a lot in their careers. 

• Like 4

Came across two photos from eagle eyed fans on Weibo.

Both photos show KJK's hand on SJH's thigh. This shows they are more than friends. If someone else puts their hands there she would have scolded that person.

6522f52bly1g0c8c6kbeij20yi0iywkq.jpg

(cr: Remember0w0, 缺水de陈淼淼同学)

7e3c46c5ly1g0cz4ygif0j21vo0v9hdw.jpg

(cr: 一湖秋水碧云天)

• Like 8
  • Love 2

SJH's IG has been updated (cr: IG: my_songjihyo weibo: 懵钟百度贴吧官博)

006ajVNugy1g0d0pjlirnj30n00mntcz.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0pj519pj30n00mu790.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0phdgi2j30n00mtq6p.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0phvoc7j30n00mpq6k.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0pi9x98j30n00mpq6s.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0pgduufj30n00mljv9.jpg

006ajVNugy1g0d0pipkxbj30n00mp42r.jpg

Frankly I am quite disappointed in her company, who is managing her IG and posting the photos so sloppily. Picture 2 could be rotated before posting. They could have left out Picture 3, the mask makes her skin looks like it's flaking off. And again, they could have inverted the last picture so that the words are facing the right way. Very simple editing could have made this post not so amateurish. 

It's either her company is very sloppy or maybe her company knows she is going to get married soon and are not paying much attention to her?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tiglon said:

Came across two photos from eagle eyed fans on Weibo.

Both photos show KJK's hand on SJH's thigh. This shows they are more than friends. If someone else puts their hands there she would have scolded that person.

Thanks for sharing these two pics, especially the first one since some “fans” are complaining that SA are no longer “natural.” With this intense focus on SA, it’s wonderful to know that not only do we finally see them spotlighted, but we still get their sweet, hidden moments. The best of both worlds, really. :) 

10 hours ago, tiglon said:

Very simple editing could have made this post not so amateurish

Agreed. Pic #3 does make her look a bit sinister. Also, there’s no excuse for not rotating the second pic and inverting the last pic. That’s definitely amateurish. To counter her being shown in such an unflattering way (though she’s beautiful to us no matter what), here’s her latest CF. She’s gorgeous and elegant:

Credits as indicated. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Okay, guys. I’ve been MIA for a few days because of work. I haven’t had a chance to read all your posts, but I did quickly glance through many of them. I agree with most of your analysis, so won’t rehash what you’ve already said. I will add my thoughts to the part leading to the HJY segment. Here’s a quick transcription, including my thoughts: 

I watched on Kocowa. The PD tells KJK’s team that they can call one friend for help. The pre-segment starts at 1:03:35.

YSC: How about Jin Young?

KJK: Do you have her #? You should call her, then.

YSC: Should I call her, then? 

Caption: He decides to call her, then. 

YSC calls, the phone rings, HJY picks up: 

HJY: Hello, Se Chan. 

YSC: Noona. Where are you?

HJY: I’m filming at the moment. 

YSC: Oh, are you? 

HH: Switzerland! Switzerland!

YSC: Team Switzerland is here. 

HJY: Where are you?

YSC: We’re at a jokbal restaurant. 

HJY: Really? 

YSC: Yes. 

HJY: No way, no way. In broad daylight?

While this exchange went on, SA were both on their phones. They laughed when HJY said, “No way, no way. In broad daylight?)

YSC: We’re also filming right now. (KJK laughed)

Caption: She thought they were drinking. 

Caption: Don’t misunderstand us.

???: Goodness, Jin Young. 

HH: Jin Young, watch what you say. (KJK laughed, again.)

HH: You made it sound like we were drinking. 

Another exchange followed where they asked her whereabouts. She said she was filming close by. While HH and YSC talked over themselves (I think) trying to ask where she was, KJK very casually, almost in an off-hand way, said: 

KJK: Where? (Once she told them, he said): We did it. That was smooth. 

Next was the actual segment, which started at 1:06:35 and ended at 1:11:17, lasting basically less than 5 minutes. I’m going to skip over most of the actual segment since many of you already talked about it, but want to point out how the staff introduced HJY to the viewers: 

Caption: Jin Young joined the group on a trip to Switzerland. It was a family special. 

Caption: She was like Ji Hyo’s sister and Jong Kook’s GF (@linzer03 already pointed this out in an earlier post).

In case anyone is concerned about this caption, perhaps thinking that RM was teasing a revival of the 2018 LL, let me clarify that:

1) This caption referenced the Switzerland LL that took place before MUD. Though we know the MUD LL was a continuation of what happened on RM, since the show wanted us to separate the two, I’m going along. So, again, this reference was made about a past LL on RM. Let’s also remember that during this LL, KJK tried to pair HJY with a foreigner. Would a “BF” do that? 

2) A shipper friend who knows Hangul confirmed to me that the word “GF” was NEVER used. The only reference was to the chemistry (or compatibility) between SA and HJY. Nothing was said about HJY and KJK being GF and BF. Apparently, the translator got lazy. Two people having “chemistry” in a scripted LL is NOT the same thing as them being a couple. This doesn’t apply to SA. IMO, while RM labels their status as a “LL,” we know better. 

Again, I’m going to skip over most of the HJY segment. Like most of you guys, I believe that the 2018 LL is dead. I’ll end this with KJK’s own words. When HH teased SA and HJY by saying that all three in the same place reminded him (or something like that) of an American soap opera, KJK smiled, but said: 

KJK: Just move on. 

And so, let’s all move on, guys. IMO, HJY’s appearance was RM’s way of setting the record straight. Except for HH’s brief mention of the MUD loveline, the staff completely ignored it, and only referenced what happened in Switzerland. They focused more on the ladies’ relationship, making it clear that they were “best friends.” There’s no animosity between them. While KJK did invite HJY back to the show, IMO he was being polite, and nothing else. HJY agreed. She said it herself twice, that she was just “family.” 

In case you guys wondered why I highlighted some stuff above without an explanation, here’s why: 

KJK: Do you have her #? You should call her, then. (If she’s his GF, would he not have her #? For those who doubt KJK, thinking he’s going to go along with a revival of the LL - not that there’s going to be one - why would he say he doesn’t have her #? Even if he’s lying, the fact that he makes sure to tell everyone that he doesn’t have her # is a clear signal for people to move on.)

HH: Jin Young, watch what you say. (While this was said in the context of her thinking they were drinking in broad daylight, HH could have been reminding her why she’s on the show).

KJK: We did it. That was smooth. (IMO, this “unplanned” meeting was set up, and all the members, including HJY, knew it. KJK could have been a bit nervous, wondering if they could have made it look like everything was not planned. HH and YSC did a great job).

KJK: Just move on. (He could have simply been irritated by HH’s teasing, but since I think HJY’s appearance was to distance SA from the 2018 LL, “Just move on” suggests something else. So, let’s keep supporting SA and do what KJK suggested. Let’s all move on with a light heart.)  

One more thing: I noticed that we have a few new members. Welcome!!! :D  

Have a good one, guys. Happy shipping!  :P

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL. Apparently, I’m on a roll. Sorry for spamming, but since some “fans” are complaining that SA’s closeness is new and forced, here’s proof that they’ve always been very close. The following are bts shots that we’re all aware of, but since RM edited them out, regular viewers never saw them. Their loss. 

Just a fun suggestion: since every pic showed SA either directly interacting or speaking, let’s think about what they were doing or saying. Feel free to share, but if you do, please keep everything family-friendly and not too delusional (and that “not too delusional” part is a warning to @mn0096, LOL). 

Credits as indicated. Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1