[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hi guys, I’m still relatively new to this forum and one thing I noticed was that this forum isn’t very active compared to other forums such as the kookmin forum sorry that this post is mentioning another ship but I’m not supporting that ship so it’s fine right? :) Also I’m quite scared about kookmin because I looked at a few posts over there and the evidence that some people there presented was actually quite convincing idk how the rm members dynamics are irl but I did notice that kjk is undoubtedly becoming closer to jsm and as a pretty hardcore spartace shipper myself im a bit scared that maybe kjk might start to take an interest in jsm:( tbh it does seem as if we’re getting less and less spartace moments in recent episodes (I don’t really consider just talking to each other as a moment although some really hardcore shippers do) and i think that maybe that’s because sjh is becoming pretty withdrawn. Sjh has been looking really out of it for quite a while now and as others have said, I think she might be leaving rm soon and being replaced by khn (no hate to khn either I do like her) kjk has recently been mentioning his “girlfriend” more and more on his five brothers show and no matter how much I watch it I’m getting a small feeling that his gf is not sjh and even though I realllllyyyyy reallllyyyy want spartace to be real, I don’t think it is. Perhaps it’s because we’re kinda going through a drought of spartace moments recently and I’m not a very longtime shipper so I might be overthinking a bit. (I only started shipping spartace around 2016 after Gary left as before that I was still a pretty young viewer and shipping and analysing member interactions didn’t really interest me at the time) I also really don’t want sjh to leave rm as she’s my favourite member and even though she doesn’t get much screentime recently, I think she’s still an important member of the show. Please let me know your thoughts on these matters! :) 

17 hours ago, tasg said:

Hi guys, I’m still relatively new to this forum and one thing I noticed was that this forum isn’t very active compared to other forums such as the kookmin forum sorry that this post is mentioning another ship but I’m not supporting that ship so it’s fine right? :) Also I’m quite scared about kookmin because I looked at a few posts over there and the evidence that some people there presented was actually quite convincing idk how the rm members dynamics are irl but I did notice that kjk is undoubtedly becoming closer to jsm and as a pretty hardcore spartace shipper myself im a bit scared that maybe kjk might start to take an interest in jsm:( tbh it does seem as if we’re getting less and less spartace moments in recent episodes (I don’t really consider just talking to each other as a moment although some really hardcore shippers do) and i think that maybe that’s because sjh is becoming pretty withdrawn. Sjh has been looking really out of it for quite a while now and as others have said, I think she might be leaving rm soon and being replaced by khn (no hate to khn either I do like her) kjk has recently been mentioning his “girlfriend” more and more on his five brothers show and no matter how much I watch it I’m getting a small feeling that his gf is not sjh and even though I realllllyyyyy reallllyyyy want spartace to be real, I don’t think it is. Perhaps it’s because we’re kinda going through a drought of spartace moments recently and I’m not a very longtime shipper so I might be overthinking a bit. (I only started shipping spartace around 2016 after Gary left as before that I was still a pretty young viewer and shipping and analysing member interactions didn’t really interest me at the time) I also really don’t want sjh to leave rm as she’s my favourite member and even though she doesn’t get much screentime recently, I think she’s still an important member of the show. Please let me know your thoughts on these matters! :) 

i dont know how active other ship are, but we're quite active actually, just that not many people around these day for various reasons. 

well, people came and go everyday, whether they stop shipping or just being really busy in real life, it's unavoidable anyway.

i think it's okay that kjk is close to jsm, nothing wrong with that. i always see their interaction as the reverse of sjh-lks, a big brother-little sister kind of thing. nothing to worry about. if we're okay if sjh close to lks, then we could do the same thing about kjk and jsm, right ?

if the other ship have evidences, then i can assure you, that we have our own too. evidence that goes way back from the start of the ship, up until now.

lastly, i wouldn't think too much about spartace moment getting rare this day. do remember, they've been each other for a long time, they've past the honeymoon period.

we couldn't expect them to have sweet moment in every ep, could we ? 

not to mention about the editing. about 10 hours of filming, edited, and became 1,5 hours of ep. there must be lots of thing that get cut, maybe including some sa moment.

• Like 8

Spartace has been around a long time, and most of us have analyzed spartace scenes to death. We're around, but a lot of us don't feel the need to discuss every time spartace glance at each other or stand next to each other anymore. There's a lot of evidence and support for spartace stretching out over the span of 9 years if you want to read back through the analyses in this forum. Many ships for KJK and SJH have come and gone over the years (MC, KJK-YEH, KJK-HJY, etc.) Spartace has outlasted them all and only grown stronger. Make of that what you will.

JSM and KJK has always struck me as a sibling relationship, but obviously people have different interpretations. I think people get sucked into fandoms and get caught up in the details and the skewed points of views. But if you step back, many casual viewers are suspicious of spartace, but they don't go around voicing their thoughts. Sometimes taking a step back and getting some perspective helps

My advice is to ignore the other ships. Shipping is supposed to be fun, so please don't stress yourself over them. Have fun and be respectful.

I would also appreciate people not bringing Kookmin speculation into this forum. We like to keep this forum focused on spartace as much as we can. Thanks!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

The fact of the matter is, it was others choice to visit other fandom and no matter how much we say, if it doesn't concern SA leave it alone but no, others will always ignore the leave other ship business alone and focus on who you ship. And after they ventured into the forbidden land, see what they have to say and then convince themselves why they think km is real whereas sa is not, they come running here to rant and seek advice abt whether are not sa is real is getting a bit annoying to tell the truth and I think it maybe time to step back from the shipping world and give your self a me too time and figure out why you started to ship those two in the first first and if you still have your doubt then I guess it's time to hang up the robe on shipping them and move on. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I would also appreciate people not bringing Kookmin speculation into this forum. We like to keep this forum focused on spartace as much as we can. Thanks!

I’m all for looking at SA from multiple angles, but it’s a bit tiring to come to this forum to read about SA after a long day and end up reading about another ship. If I wanted to do that, I would go to that ship’s thread. And, no, discussing JSM occasionally as we do all members is fine. Consistently talking about her being romantic with KJK when we should be talking about KJK with SJH is not fine. It gets old and honestly I start to wonder if posters are real SA shippers or they’re not. That may sound paranoid to some of you guys, but I’m a long time member of this thread who went through lots of ups and downs trying to preserve and maintain its integrity. I’ve dealt with everyone from insecure SA shippers to not so bright trolls. I’m busy these days so can’t post much anymore, but I still read everything. I am VERY protective of this thread and SA. In case anyone has forgotten,THIS IS A THREAD THAT FOCUSES ON SA. Thank you!!!

4 hours ago, twinlovers said:

after they ventured into the forbidden land, see what they have to say and then convince themselves why they think km is real whereas sa is not, they come running here to rant and seek advice abt whether are not sa is real is getting a bit annoying to tell the truth and I think it maybe time to step back from the shipping world and give your self a me too time and figure out why you started to ship those two in the first first and if you still have your doubt then I guess it's time to hang up the robe on shipping them and move on. 

Shipping is fun. When it stops being fun, leave for your own mental health. That goes for shipping SA, as well. If you no longer feel the vibe or ship SA with others, coming here where us dedicated SA shippers post will hurt you more. 

Only a few more days til Christmas. However you celebrate, even if you don’t, have a wonderful time, everyone. May all your wishes come true! Stay blessed. :D 

• Like 8

Rather than get bogged down by other ships, let's have some fun with spartace. I thought it might be fun if we each shared a moment on RM we wanted to discuss with the people on here. 

I'll start:

So for those who don't know, this is the episode that got me to join this forum. I'd been a silent reader up until this episode aired, but this was the scene that convinced me there really was something between spartace and i wanted to talk about it with other people. 

For some context, for those of you who weren't around, back in 2015-early 2016, spartace wasn't show interacting much on screen and their moments weren't highlighted. In fact, I don't think they'd even addressed each other on screen for awhile before this episode. Now, spartace shippers knew KJK and SJH were close because most of us had seen the fan meets where, if you watch clips on youtube, you can see KJK and SJH interact frequently. But non-shippers who didn't pay attention to fan meets would tell us that KJK and SJH weren't close irl because they were never shown interacting with each other on camera. Spartace fans kept insisting that KJK and SJH were close in real life and there was a reason the staff kept editing out their moments from the episodes. So anyway, this episode came out and all the non-shippers had to change their tune and admit KJK and SJH were close outside RM.

For those that want to watch the clip in better picture, this is ep 285 when it's SJH's turn with the mystery boxes.

0:17 - You can hear KJK tell her not to look at it.

So, initially, LKS is the one helping her with the Mystery Box . SJH usually relies on her Little Brother LKS when she has to do something difficult on RM. If not LKS, then her Monday Boyfriend will help her out, because that's what is to be expected in a love line. My point is that it's not that surprising that LKS the one who steps forward. 

0:29 - KJK talks about how SJH's become feminine after she got married. For those that don''t know, this episode was aired around the time SJH's appearance in We Got Married came out, and spartace fans are fairly certain KJK is promoting SJH's new show. After KJK mentions WGM, the other RM members (like KG) join in and ask if Chen Bolin changed her. 

0:43 - SJH goes to ask LKS to help her put her hand in the Mystery Box. However, part way through asking, she changes her mind. She even stumbles a bit as she asks Jong Kook-oppa to put her hand inside the box. LKS offers to do it for KJK, and SJH flats out rejects him. She wants KJK to do it. In most situation on RM, SJH is more than happy to let LKS be her support. But not here when she is terrified of these mystery boxes. She demands KJK. The captions claim that it's because KJK is the most fearless, but we all know that's not true. Her Monday Boyfriend was sitting right in front of her and was considered the second most fearless, so for the sake of the show she could've asked him. 

0"59 - YJS's face is so knowing. If you don't see it the same way, then you don't, but his expression reminds me of when I watch my couple friends be adorable. 

1:12 - SJH screams and leans on KJK. KJk starts to say something, then YJS asks if she's giving birth. The usual image of a woman giving birth has her husband at her side. KJK however stops what he was going to say, touches his nose, and then asks if he's her midwife. Somehow I don't think that's the role YJS was envisioning KJK in and KJK knew it.

1:26 - KJK forgets to hod SJH's arm and she literally shouts at him to hold onto her.

2:40 - Even when SJH's hand is in the box, KJK still keeps his arm around her. She originally said that she wanted KJK to help her put her hand in, but it seems that even after that goal has been accomplished, KJK still needs to be in physical contact with her in some way.

3:19 - After SJH falls on the floor, both KJK and LKS go to help her up. Once she's up, LKS leaves her, but KJK stays and brushes off her clothes. To me, this shows a difference in the relationship between LKS-SJH and KJK-SJH. It might also show that LKS wants to give KJK and SJH some space during parts of this.

4:01 - You can see KJK briefly hold SJH's hand after her panic moment. 

3:39 - When LKS asks her if this is anything to cry about, KJK tells her repeatedly not to cry. 

Throughout this whole scene, KJK speaks very softly to SJH, encouraging her and not teasing her like HH, LKS, and KG. It's not translated in the subs, but I remember someone telling me that he says things like "If anyone can do it, it's you" (if someone has a better translation, please tell me). He tells her not to cry and talks her through it. Seriously, throughout the whole thing KJK is very gentle and encouraging of her. But also when he laughs at some of her actions (e.g. when she extends her hand horizontal and when she falls over), you can tell by his laugh that he thinks she's cute.

SJH constantly leans back against KJK when she's frightened. KJK is the person she relies on. You can make arguments that you'd treat a friend like that, but for me, I can only see her relying on a boyfriend to that extent. If a friend would do, then she could have asked LKS or KG.

You can also see that KJK is nervous. He glaces at the cameras a lot throughout the whole scene. He seems also reluctant to to hold her at the beginning, only holding her arm, but as the scene progresses, he starts putting her arm around her and holding her hand at moments. 

So there's my thoughts on this scene. Please add anything I didn't mention or ask questions! And if you have another scene you want us to analyze, please share it (with a link preferably)! 

I hope everyone has a happy holidays! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok excuse the tone, I'm gonna be blunt. If someone is a Spartacer (so by default not blinded with bias over "rival" ships) and yet the fact that recently JSM accidentally, clearly implied for the 2nd time that KJK is not single, can't convince them that she is not romantically involved with him - yet delusional overanalysis of some moments here and there can do the opposite - then I don't know what will. Her recent "slip" is the tombstone on any insecurity-fuelled worries they might be something more than colleagues:

• As people have already mentioned, it's the 2nd time she does it, which is a clear hint KJK has been off the singles' market and in a steady relationship for a while, and certainly at the time of episode 358, a time JSM wasn't even good friends with the old cast and was still trying to adjust.

• She can't have exposed her own relationship, and if anyone thinks that, then I'm surprised they consider such a brilliant young lady as a total idiot. She can't have forgotten her own boyfriend's love status must remain a secret during a moment she initiated herself - she wasn't rushing to react to anything, she brought up the explanation regarding the loveline with YSC herself. It wasn't intentional foreshadowing of anything that involves her either, it wasn't a scene to tease KJK and her, it was a slip and JSJ's reaction verifies it.

I had written something relevant on twitter a few weeks ago, so I might as well repeat and expand it here. Regarding Spartace, they've admitted it themselves they are close, their friends said they are close, KJK's family said they are close, they've been caught tanning together, dining together, flying in secret together, spending time in RM breaks together, they went through a whole firing incident together. And yet somehow  a few jokes openly on social media, a business appearance in a concert during a staged show (MUD) with full camera coverage, and showing support in movie premieres, aka a common practice for all celebrities, are considered the real relationship with Spartace being the hoax? Please, don't make me count in JSM-KJK just standing side by side or occasionally talking in the background as evidence, not only does JSM do the same with others too, but the number of same insignificant moments for SA is multiple.

As for the so called SA drought, I really think those first months of 2019 simply spoiled the shipdom. Since I only discovered RM this year, I am still in the process of watching older episodes and in many of them Spartace didn't interact much. Moreover, it was only recently that we got:

1) The intimate SA hug in ep.478, which cannot be compared to any other pat on the back / side-hug KJK has shared with any other female on RM, guest or not, hugs that in all cases were either celebratory (team wins, end of a hard/collective task, i.e. dance segment in Seoul fanmeet) or directly game induced. And if anyone tries to imply that it was a scripted scene aimed at the upcoming fanmeet, please do your brains a favour and save them the pointless effort. KJK has consistently been quelling SJH's reactions using his body language, it isn't a new practice. At least two of those instances, which are almost identical to the recent SA hug, took place when Gary was still in the show and there was neither a SA loveline, nor a big enough fanbase to please. That entire SA moment, which could have ended in the first side embrace with everyone still flying over the moon, instead continued showcasing special intimacy, is a prime example of natural SA interactions routinely getting edited out. The only thing that changed was that, this time, the PDs - for show/SA/both related reasons - allowed it to stay.

2) Their closeness during the Vietnam fanmeet. From KJK's picking up her mic despite his back problems to placing a hand on her back as they knelt before the audience, the moments are too many to be ignored. Again, if anyone is going to suggest that everything has only been fan service, I'll have to counter-suggest a relaxed stroll out in the fresh air, cause bias or insecurity have clogged their memory. Spartace has been recorded dancing together, embracing both while performing and when the lights are dying out, whispering, assisting each other and in various other ways interacting during fanmeets, ever since SJH started joining the team abroad, back in good ol' 2013. Not even the show's official loveline and audiences craving for Monday Couple's duet prevented them from connecting on and off stage. What always varied was the number of those moments in each event, never their existence or their quality. In fact, the main event where they barely interacted when strictly on stage,  has been the Seoul one and it doesn't take a genius to speculate the possible reasons. One of them is definitely their predetermined placements during the dancing & sitting segments. If RM wanted to promote SA as a loveline in Vietnam, all they had to do was to ask SA to sustain one single embrace while performing and not to replace KJK with LKS in "Bboom bboom". These would have been enough to electrify the Vietnamese fans for days without crossing any lines. Having us zooming in the blurry backstage entrance to detect their unnecessary hand holding (and I'm referring to their touching before his pulling her so the dancers would pass through - even though this also lasted more than simply notifying a friend oblivious to people approaching usually requires) or watching the same brief scene over and over from different angles in order to confirm KJK indeed momentarily held her while singing Only One For Me, are certainly not how you do fan service. When it comes to loveline parts, you don't blink and miss them.

Speaking of this scene, it isn't the first time SA make a connection during the exact same lyric. When this happened at the Jakarta fanmeet, I thought of it as an interesting detail, yet I still tucked it away; in a group of people standing and singing a love song, casual glances easily transform to suspicious stares while the shipping googles are on. However, such a precise repetition cannot be ruled a coincidence. Same lyrics, he holds her, they lock gazes, all of them done pretty deliberately. I read the opinion that wants KJK pulling SJH so she wouldn't walk near the edge and I'm wondering if people habitually forget their glasses on their nightstands. She wasn't terribly close to the edge - remember most of these videos are shot from afar, if you can clearly see space between her and the end of the stage from that distance, it's probably wider from up close - nor she was far off the cast forming a line (hardly the case either, they spread a second later). What's particularly laughable with naysayers brushing the moment off as protective KJK bringing SJH back on track is that this same explanation they use comprises the perfect pro-SA argument, since it portrays an unreasonably protective-controlling KJK who behaves this way solely around SJH. You know, just how a worried-over-nothing boyfriend would.

So, I don't know, I guess some fans may choose to ignore all of the above + the rest revealing moments we got this year and have nothing to do with a loveline (i.e. SA lying down together and face-to-face, in a strikingly different position than everyone else around the table, during the cast's break) + the over 1000 pages of discussions and evidence just on this thread. Instead they can choose to fret over ludicrous theories about how KJK lately wears colourful sweaters, which somehow subsequently leads to his dating a new girl/JSM, even though KJK has never been dressed exclusively in black and grey and any objective fan who has been watching him throughout all 9 years of RM can attest that. Mind you, this is what impulsively believing in the concepts conned for the needs of MUD and his loveline with HJY has resulted in. Or unrealistic arguments about how KJK promoting ChanMin actually harbours jealousy (as if there's anything to be jealous of in a lighthearted loveline aiming at awards), despite the fact that every cast member is pushing them as instructed, erasing any supposed link to KJK or whatsoever. Then again, there are a bunch of SA IG/twitter accounts that follow the same immature mentality and allege that KJK gets jealous over SJH every other episode lol Far-fetched theories about JSM asking for KJK's confession through her song, although she could literally be addressing to any man she knows (assuming she had someone in mind and the whole song wasn't simply devised to fit her RM role lol) feebly endorsed by another set up moment on MUD? I can also jump over lakes, mountains and reach a similar conclusion that SJH being given lyrics about alcohol & crossing lines confirms Haha's story. The idea that the RM members wouldn't just carelessly leave clues for the fans to decipher during the most stressful fanmeet of all is so unattainably wild, I understand. Wishful thinking over JSM's colourful nails referring to KJK's kiss scene in a show broadcast 4 whole years ago? Sure, perhaps his black toe-nails was a difficult sight to gulp down.

I can do this all day. My point is....just like others before me have advised, if people can't handle the theories prevalent in other shipdoms, then simply stop venturing into their fields. I'm all for being open-minded and examining opinions coming from different shippers, and I'll be among the first who'll acknowledge evidence that may not favour SA, but not at the expense of objectivity. I don't mind people expressing their doubts and fears here, I don't like SA fans living in bubbles (theirs or others'). There has to be some basic reasoning though we can controvert, otherwise the flow of the thread gets disrupted. If anyone has legitimate worries and is unable to structure them in a way that won't bring down the mood of others, you can always private message some of us. I, at least, am relatively new so I haven't had my share in repeating pro-SA arguments for years. :P

I'm not done lol. There are two more posts I want to address, but because this is already a sheet of words, I'll be using spoiler tags. 

Spoiler

There was a post referring to SJH and JIW wearing clothes from the same brand, Kodak. Because Spartacers and lurkers may have read the post before it was removed, Kodak recently released a new clothes line and various celebrities have been promoting them https://store.musinsa.com/app/brand/celeb_list/kodak  Both SJH and JIW made sure to show off the brand to the camera, JIW even used the company's hashtag. There's nothing suspicious about that.

The second one is Tanya's post. I found three fallacies I would like to kindly point out. This isn't a reply to Tanya as she already clarified she isn't overly concerned with other ships, but some arguments for anyone that might be sharing the same POV:

Spoiler

1. As already pointed out, there has been no KJK-JSM loveline. Random teasing remarks by the cast here and there exist pre-2019 as well, it isn't a steady development which would support the loveline theory. As long as KJK maintains the single status, he will always be jokingly linked to cast members and guests. But not only there has been no consistency in Kookmin (neither the cast, nor the production ever followed through) but also KJK-JSM have always been portrayed as siblings (KM siblings, Yondu siblings etc). KJK specifically called her a sister additionally to "family" which he uses for the whole cast. In contrast, he only used the latter for SJH, while the show never ever labelled them as siblings, something they could have easily done during the Monday couple era. KM dancing segment and the SBS video featuring their chemistry  have been the only legitimate chance for introducing a KM loveline, but they had no continuation and weren't highlighted romantically. Obviously we don't know what will happen in future episodes, whether KJK will be thrown in another fake triangle but this time with YSC and JSM, but until this becomes a recurring theme, there is no loveline. It's important when making a point (i.e. on how there's no Kookmin relationship as JSM's feelings may have been turned down),  not to take for granted an unproven assumption (i.e. the KM loveline) and build our arguments on it.

2. To assume that JSM instead of focusing on her work, prioritises and implicates her supposed fling with a fellow cast member in a song written for that same work, while said cast member casually takes the bait and responds (positively or negatively, it doesn't matter) is basically equal to treating RM members as confused lovestruck teenagers. It's the exact same perspective that pictures an emotionally driven SJH saying goodbye to KJK through her poem, as if two grown up professionals have any reason to expose their break-up in public, or a conflicted KJK (and, vice versa, SJH) still waiting to make a move on the woman he desires, due to shyness/work complications/former lovers/family labelling etc. I can't stretch this enough, KJK, SJH and the rest aren't starring in a tumultuous chick flick.

3. Any issues in JSM's personal life have no direct impact on her role in the lovelines of the show. She isn't the one who calls the shots, when and how a new RM romance gets introduced doesn't correlate with the ups and downs of her love life. KJK and SJH, both longtime members and acclaimed in their fields, had no saying in their very firing, it's absurd to think that the PDs invented a new loveline to accomodate a heartbreak. Even when the members have a personal gain out of an RM concept (i.e. Spartace slowly easing the fanbase into the idea of their relationship) still it isn't their decision, they are bound by contracts and are following PDs' instructions.

This is why I avoid commenting sometimes. There's just so much to say in regards to SA and RM, that I don't know when to place a fullstop.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

Am I the only one who's frustrated whenever someone mentions that Spartace is such a forced "loveline"?

First of all, SA was never meant to be a loveline and was never a loveline. KJK clearly doesn't want to be in a loveline, and neither does SJH. She'd joke about SA, but then stopped the more the ship gets noticeable. I think that SJH was a little more laid back about SA than KJK was. Maybe if they were actually in a relationship, KJK might've told SJH to tone it down so that they won't get exposed.

And I'm implying a lot towards Kookmin. Since we're in the topic of this (though I don't want to continue the topic, I can't help but talk about it) I might as well. I don't know why, but KM shippers always seem to absolutely HATE SA shippers, and the ship it self. I don't know why they're so ticked off with SA. Maybe this is just me, I only skimmed over the KM community, but in a lot of YouTube compilation comments, I see some KM shippers bashing on SA. Again, probably just me.

SA was never meant to be a loveline in the show. It's only for fandoms to ship. 

I also want to mention some KM shippers saying that KJK ships JSM and YSC because he's jealous. My question is: Why would he? Why would anyone with the right mind, do that? No one gets jealous and ships them with other people. It just doesn't make sense. And also like I mentioned, KJK doesn't like being in a loveline. He got a chance to get rid of it. He most likely will. He doesn't want to be shipped with JSM as much as he doesn't want it with SJH. He's just not that type of guy who would like being shipped with many girls. He clearly get uncomfortable with the too many ships. He's rather not be exposed with ships.

I want to mention that I'm new here, I've been a silent reader for maybe a few weeks, but I've shipped SA for quite a while now. I don't want anyone to get offended of what I say. I'm sorry if anyone did. I'm just trying to point out the fact that KJK never liked being shipped, and that him shipping YSC and JSM is NOT his jealousy, but rather a way to escape. With why said, I'm once again sorry if anyone is offended of what I said. Thanks.

And I'm also sorry for bringing KM up. This is the last time I will talk about this. Or maybe at everything, I just like being a neutral silent reader, but sometimes I can't help but comment.

• Like 6

It seems that the Holiday Season allowed a bit of free time for our forum sunbaenims to post. I miss all of your thoughts guys. :D

I was reading this week's post and something clicked in my head.

Someone may have posted about this before but I'm not sure. It's always been SpartAce Couple not as Spartace Siblings. RM PD's even considered them as the strongest couple but why not as the strongest siblings if family is how they considered themselves to be?! B)

And yes, they may have denied the rumors between them but (cmiiw) NO official news from their agencies. In an entertainment culture where agencies always have to say a word to any rumors, there was nothing of that sort. They can just simply leave a statement saying, "No, they're just friends". Not that we believe agencies statements 100% but is it too difficult to do so? I'd like to rest my case. :crazy:

Now, I'll put this in a spoiler tag as this can be a lil' bit depressing for some.

Spoiler

With all the SA moments throughout this year, it is sad knowing that people assume that all SA shippers are JSM's haters. Comments on IGs are getting toxic and I just wish it to stop. Two RM angels left us because of cyber bullying and I hope this should serve as a yellow card for EVERYONE. I've seen a couple of JSM and SJH hater fan groups and it's VILE and CRUEL. I've reported and all but IG is too rich to assign a customer service representative to check it out instead of sending automatic response that it doesn't violate community guidelines. Ugh. 

If you're a realist like me, lock some of your doubts away and once an official announcement has been made from both of them, decide on what to do with them. Until then, just enjoy because that's what life should be all about. ;)

Happy shipping and a Happy Holidays everyone! Be safe and healthy! :wub:

Here's a clip of a Perfect (pun intended) song for our Perfect couple. One of my favourite, IG compilations. Kudos owner! 

**If you haven't, please watch this week's episode. Ryan Reynolds is the bomb. LOLS. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here's an mv (CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU) I recently made dedicated to these two. Gosh I got quite emotional creating this hehe.Hope you guys enjoy watching it. Merry Christmas and wishing you all a happy new year. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@tasg I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are indeed a new fan who's just wary and worried about things, and that you're not a troll.  I went through the same thing a few months ago, worried about this and that.  I've learned some helpful things along the way, and I hope these will be helpful to you too:

--- Try to scan through the old posts here, because I think anything and probably everything about Spartace has been discussed. If you encounter something from the past, try to get the date, and then go the posts after that date.  Yes, you will miss some posts because there are a lot already, but it will still be very helpful.

--- Remember that what's important is the overall arc of the Spartace story.  Try not to be stuck in specific moments - look at the big picture and overall story, which the moments contribute to.  If you do that, it's really hard not to conclude that they are/have been together.

--- Not all moments are created equal.  Sure we always look for them but some can be replicated with other members (because they all care about each other).  Some though are indeed bigger and more important than others.  We decide which is which in our head, but that will be helpful when you also see the moments mentioned in other ships.  And then go back to the second point - what is the overall story.  

As for the 'drought', if you look at latest episodes, there are still some small ones.  Some huge ones during the bio terrorist and the producers/ghosts episodes.  You also need to look outside of RM - like Five Cranky Brothers.  Tiny Oppa tweeted about the prettiest Angry Bird some weeks back.  The biggest, and most telling, is the Vietnam fanmeet.  I guess Spartace and fanmeets just really go together well.  :)  They can't (or choose not to) hide AND there's no editing involved.  

It's a wild ride, but a fun one!  I hope it's one that you can enjoy!  

Spoiler

With the possibility of veiled insults thrown this way, I still want to post that if we came from a place of compassion, we can give the newbies, who are not outright rude, the benefit of the doubt.  They could indeed be newbies who are unsure of Spartace because they haven't seen all the videos, discussed all the important moments, etc.  While I understand how it can be annoying that things are repeated, more often than not, it's the the fault of the poster.  We can be at least compassionate if we get annoyed.  On the other hand, I understand it's also the choice of the poster whatever tone they want to use.  

• Like 3

On 12/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, Tanya said:

Wondering who KJK was talking to and why Tiny was interested in posting this if  not that he was talking to his girlfriend. Look like his friends now know who that girl is. Should we hope?

I think it might be some one close to him because if it's work related stuffs then it's normally his manager Gap Jin who deals with it right? But again there's nothing sure cause' he might be discussing work with a very close friend on his own =))) from my POV the person he's talking to could not be his girlfriend since he kept such a poker face. 

IMO, in the context of shipping, concerning about one's attitude towards another person outside our ship is normal, yet unnecessary, especially if that ruin the fun of shipping. Honestly, I enjoy seeing JK or JH interacts with others too. And that leads me to weigh those interactions. It's funny that our SA always top the rest in the category of intimacy and chemistry. No, JK had never laid his hand on some girl's waist mindlessly, numerous times even, other than towards JH, or ever rested his head in someone's head, or even continuously over protective towards someone (if there's someone who receive these treatments other than JH might be his mom). So, do I had to give a damn concern about other ship? No, I will not. JK might be friends with everyone, but he never highlighted his friendship/relationship towards JH. In fact, JK knows JH too well, if we can believe the portray of her as a quiet person who doesn't go outside and interact with others, JK knew when JH learned Twice TT's dance at home and JH knew JK outfit at home. Oh, well, they're just family, like they've said to us. Who bought that story anymore when everything that they say always contradict? I remember ever watched some clip about YJS' love story in his early year dating with his wife. It is said that YJS also hid it from everyone around him, but turned out everyone knew it. I can sense it in our SA case. How JK got angry to HH, that he spilled everything, and HH replied it, everyone knew about him, even there's no article about it yet. Only time will tell, tho, the real score between them.

Well, in recent RM episode, when everyone guessed JH as the ghost, it's interesting that LKS asked her to look at JK's eyes. Okay, to be fair, JK is known as a fiercest one to digging a liar's hole, but the point is how they both only laugh and cannot even stare at each other's eyes.

Hence, SBS Awards will be held tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to it. Idk if JK could be there or not, because of his second day at Real Kook Concert in Seoul. I hope he will join the SBS Awards too, and I hope our SA would have a great time there.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrated it here. May the joy be with everyone. Happy shipping!

• Like 1

Spartace isn't about individual moments, but a long collection of moments made up over the span of years. Trust me when I say at no point this year has there been a spartace drought to the degree we used to get back in 2015-2016. You could see KJK and SJH start to approach each other and then the camera would immediately cut away. 

If y'all have any specific spartace moments that you'd like us to discuss, please share them. I'm more than happy to analyze and share my thoughts, and I'm sure others are as well. 

Anyways (this is a bit late as I've been sick), happy holidays to everyone! 

• Like 2

I'd like to momentarily rewind the discussion to...Rewind (yeah, bad pun) and @kookiemongg's post. Blame the length of my previous post for not including this part. So, when I first saw KJK (twice) mentioning SJH's name out of the blue on Rewind (aka in a show unrelated to RM), I wanted to make sure our fandom wasn't viewing the whole moment out of context. Therefore, I had to ask if the game they were playing was related to guessing names based on given descriptions. It was very pleasant to hear that the purpose of the game (three teams solving three cases) was irrelevant and that neither KJK, nor anyone else spelt other names, additionally to SJH's. So, basically, KJK softly mentioned her name just because a random description reminded him of her, no one asked him about her, no game rules prompted him to do so, none of the rest cast members followed him and he didn't really mention any others either. If this isn't an adorable little moment, I don't know what it is.

Also, tonight it was brought to my attention (thanks kookiemongg) that SA had danced to "Bboom Bboom" not only in Hong Kong last winter, but also in Taipei in 2018. For anyone who, like me, had never watched that performance and was only aware of the spicy backhug in Hong Kong, here's a video from a not-so-favourable-for-SA angle, uploaded by TING JEN. If anyone of you has a better source for the Taipei fanmeet performance, please do share it here.

Regarding the episode with Ryan Reynolds, you may have seen others remarking how SA were standing close to each other for a good portion of the episode. Contrary to other episodes, I think it's particularly worth noting their casual proximity this time because the Hollywood celebrities had fully taken the spotlight. With the exception of their probably pre-arranged seats upon introducing the actors, I believe in every other moment it's just SA naturally/subconsciously standing side by side. They don't follow any line up, apart from KJK occasionally standing out as the head of his team (and you will notice him in one of those moments walking away from his spot next to SJH to take the lead), they are pretty mixed up. And it makes sense, as their entire focus is on their special and very famous guests whose reactions they must follow/highlight, all the RM members are more free to mingle and behave without a strict order in mind. Proof that even Hwang Bo-ra stands in the background at points even though she is also a guest, or that JSM doesn't interact too much with YSC, despite their being on the same team and in a loveline. This results in SA more comfortably standing side by side, without anything game-related inciting them to be together. They just naturally are.

8 hours ago, elzy said:

Well, in recent RM episode, when everyone guessed JH as the ghost, it's interesting that LKS asked her to look at JK's eyes. Okay, to be fair, JK is known as a fiercest one to digging a liar's hole, but the point is how they both only laugh and cannot even stare at each other's eyes.

Additionally to what you're pointing out, I feel that this moment may have been a slight nod to how KJK supposedly gets infuriated with people closest to him who, however, end up being liars and betrayers, especially after Haha's sneaky actions. In that sense, it's interesting how LKS asks for SJH to look KJK in the eye - I don't think it would have the same effect asking YJS for example who is KJK's "rival" anyway, no matter how fiercely KJK stared at him. It's like LKS expects SJH not being able to lie to KJK both cause he has this brutal look and cause it's him, the one that will be the angriest if betrayed by her.

There are a few topics regarding older episodes I wanted but never managed to discuss - i.e. I disagree that in the episode 474 KJK caressed SJH solely to complete his mission - but I might end up typing for hours again, so I'll leave such a post for the near future. :sweatingbullets:

Meanwhile, let's all wish KJK good luck as he continues his concert schedule. It was nice seeing both YSC and JSM supporting and performing with him, something common among RM members (remember SJH has done so in the past too and their gestures weren't choreographed for the specific needs of a song but spontaneous :) ) and hopefully he will manage to attend the SBS awards as well.

• Like 4

To the newbies, when you get bothered by a 'moment' or a lack thereof, just remember that context and big picture are important.  I went through that so I understand perfectly what you feel.  I will give you 3 examples.

1) SJH as guest on MUD

I remember I read the article on Soompi about Jihyo saying they can't let their feelings get in the way of work.  I even posted about it here because I was worried.  But I watched the two episodes a few weeks ago and my goodness, they were a Spartace goldmine.  Especially if you read between the lines, specifically of one of the hosts and KJK's mom.  Even if the official story is that KJK is single, their comments and questions were just... I can't explain them fully.  You really need to watch.  It was really such a lesson for me, that video snippets and even articles do not tell the whole story.  You will need to watch the whole thing and also know the background and history related to the moments. 

2) SJH not in KJK's February 2019 Concert

I also asked about that here.  "If they're together, why didn't she support him?"  I don't buy the explanation that the coming of the guests was fully staged.  I think they were really going, and MUD adjusted around it and took advantage of it.  BUT, after careful research, I found out that SJH was even on stage in one of his past concerts.  I learned too that he has had a lot, she can't be in all of them.  It seems she was also busy at that time.  So that's the background and history.  As for context, well, from then until now we have had many many moments.  It wasn't the end of anything, it seems.

3) Soompi had an article about YJS's comment about him liking JSM

Some people were bothered when the article was released but when the episode came out, the two snippets referenced were not one after another and the whole scene was actually hilarious.  KJK's laugh was telling as it just screamed "what the heck!"  and "nonsense!"  Haha totally did not react - he was unaffected.  You can see SJH in the scene too, and JSM actually hid behind her again.

So yeah, context, and big picture.  Don't get bogged down by individual moments.  :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carambs said:

2) SJH not in KJK's February 2019 Concert

I also asked about that here.  "If they're together, why didn't she support him?"  I don't buy the explanation that the coming of the guests was fully staged.  I think they were really going, and MUD adjusted around it and took advantage of it.  BUT, after careful research, I found out that SJH was even on stage in one of his past concerts.  I learned too that he has had a lot, she can't be in all of them.  It seems she was also busy at that time.  So that's the background and history.  As for context, well, from then until now we have had many many moments.  It wasn't the end of anything, it seems.

I find it stupid that people even question that. Not everyone have free time to support him. Not even his (if so) girlfriend. 

They're all celebrities. They have a busy schedule. Though I believe they come to support him, I can't help but suspect it was maybe set up a bit. It's hard to believe that they were all free. Especially the appearance of YJS. He's a busy man, I'm surprised to see him. I don't know though.

But if I'm gonna be honest, KJK have a lot of concerts, and if SJH really is his gf, it makes more sense for her not to come. I mean, if I got a boyfriend who is a singer and hold a lot of concerts, after 10 I would've just watched the show at home. But that's my lazy butt saying that, might not be other people's cases. I also want to suspect that she's back stage or she came secretly. But her coming secretly seems a little stretched out. Besides, like I said, she's a celebrity, maybe she just doesn't have the time.

I will raise my guard only when someone give me SJH's schedule for that day. Other than that, haters can just shoo off. Their accusation are mostly stupid. We have more evidence about KJK and SJH from waaaay back.