[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1
4 hours ago, myrunningman1 said:

5. The peppero kiss. Mainly because I dont understand how two super experienced cast members in lovelines and peppero kiss, who could do it with no problems with anyone else, had so much problems with this particular one. And the excitement of the members. Gary was beyond himself in joy to the point he started singing JK's song, and you rarely heard him do that. I truly believe that it is very awkward to be doing such a game with someone you are truly interested or like or love. Which actually leads me to the "Sorry I love you" segment in the latest episode on JH's MT. I saw the episode today and it was honestly a game where I dont believe JH and JK's confession could possibly air. There was no way both could end the game with "I love you" without it being too emotional or too different an atmosphere from the other members  Either that, or both would have said super general things just to avoid themselves getting too emotional, and thus their confession didnt make for good TV and thus was not aired. 

Agree. SA have such a hard time behaving naturally with each other even when alone in front of the camera, so what about a super-emotional segment which involves handholding and saying 'I love you'? If there was nothing between SA, couldn't they have kept it? I believe if it was something general, they could have shown us at least something (they are the two who got fired together, viewers would be interested to know what they have to say to each other after 7 years of running together).

Loved reading your points. JH was supposed to hide during her missions in Australia and yet she couldn't hold herself back when JK was around. I can well believe that members do meet each other even during missions we are told they did separately and that those parts get edited out in the final cut (like the time JK went to cheer on JSJ during the zipline mission in Dubai which never made the cut), but hey I have only seen JH hugging JK like that in Australia. 

As for the helicopter ride, I am yet to figure out what scenery JH was filming at that time coz the helicopter was still on the runway and hadn't taken off (unless they showed us later footage when the helicopter was already up) and JK gets pretty embarrassed when he notes that JH has taken a pic, tells her something and JH then turns her head away and looks slightly embarrassed. But yeah, JH loves taking pics from weird angles, so that may have been just JH taking a picture of the scenery with JK's side profile as background. 

jhph_zps5mhhymem.gifjhph2_zpsqj6rstkj.gif

cre: marta0713, SA baidu

JH opening even the bottle cap for JK was too much. I still remember SA baidu fans complaining at that time that JH was spoiling JK by being that sweet towards him. LOL

@linzer03 JK has improved by leaps and bounds in his acting as RM progressed. I still can't watch that segment in one of the earlier episodes where JK does an acting challenge where he has to act like a tough guy cutting logs without cringing. But when it came to the later episodes, he really could get into his role and fool all the others. That episode where he was the psycho musician was so thrilling to watch coz of his acting. Oh Yeon Soo saying she was feeling scared when JK was approaching her to rip her tag was further proof of that.

Sorry for the long post and heads up rant ahead.

Since JKs special episode is airing soon. I just want to ask understanding to you my fellow shippers.  I hope even if whatever happens in the episode we will not bash JK for it or his blind date.

I rewatched The Producers and I kinda quite understood Korean variety shows better. I think whatever RM is going through right now was tackled on the show although the show that was used is 2DN1N because its a KBS drama. (I recommend watching it, if you want to see a glimpse of how K variety shows are, although it has an issue of not portraying the real deal I think at least its close to it).

There was a scene in the drama where IUs character said something like this: Your first variety character is what sticks to people the most so when you are dubbed as a pig even if you are not hungry you need to keep eating in television, if you are dubbed as someone who is cold even if you wanna laugh or smile you need to maintain your poker face. ( that is not how it goes for most international entertainment world but I guess that's just how it is in K entertainment industry). I think this is the reason why they kept returning back the KJK YEH and MC loveline even though it has already ended because it is the very first memorable variety character of JK and JH respectively. It sucks to be just known for your loveline but i guess that's just how it goes. So much so that even after a decade there are some JK YEH supporters and when Gary left running man even when JH was promoting her drama (which has nothing to do with Gary) they kept asking questions about him. I think that's some reasons of RM suddenly backtracking after the fortune telling ep.  I think RM will not openly acknowledge SA even if they might give clues here and there but I don't think they will openly acknowledge it hence the sudden backtrack to YEH and the special ep of JK. Cause at the end of the day it is still RM and as I've read before in this post RM never really acknowledge SAs relationship. In RM JH is still part of the MC couple and for sure during the last ep they will bring back MC again (its frustrating but we can just hope for the best).

After that long rant hehe, here's my top 5 SA moments:

1. Basically all fanmeet moments

2. During the dream cup stretching scene where they were talking to each other

3. Handholding while in checked shirts in early ep of RM (sorry forgot the ep.)

4. Handholding in escalator

5. JH running to link arms with JK while going backstage (in a fanmeet)

Sorry for my long post. Have a nice day ahead. :)

• Like 8

7 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Agree. SA have such a hard time behaving naturally with each other even when alone in front of the camera, so what about a super-emotional segment which involves handholding and saying 'I love you'? If there was nothing between SA, couldn't they have kept it? I believe if it was something general, they could have shown us at least something (they are the two who got fired together, viewers would be interested to know what they have to say to each other after 7 years of running together).

Loved reading your points. JH was supposed to hide during her missions in Australia and yet she couldn't hold herself back when JK was around. I can well believe that members do meet each other even during missions we are told they did separately and that those parts get edited out in the final cut (like the time JK went to cheer on JSJ during the zipline mission in Dubai which never made the cut), but hey I have only seen JH hugging JK like that in Australia. 

JH opening even the bottle cap for JK was too much. I still remember SA baidu fans complaining at that time that JH was spoiling JK by being that sweet towards him. LOL

Actually I dont think the Producers would have wanted them to say anything about the fiasco. Remember, the 'apologies' on the recent episodes have been really quick ones, so if SA had spent their "I love you' time talking about it, I'm sure it'd be cut anyway. So what is there left for SA to say to each other, while being super general and not obvious at all? I guess it'd be things like what JSJ said, that the men always treat JH like a man on the show. Which, well, not really interesting confessions. And even no matter what they said, I honestly cannot imagine JK saying 'I love you' at the end properly (well its difficult, trying to ensure it doesnt look romantic, while in reality, this is the woman). So.........they all got cut. I dont know why YJS' got cut as well, but maybe well, they had to ensure someone else's confession was cut as well to make it less obvious.

I think prior to the Aussie trip, JH was so busy filming Emergency Couple that they might not have seen each other for days. Hence the "i dont care about anyone" hug. I was not really surprised that JH behaved this way, but for JK to throw caution to the wind and return the hug and more, well that was really something. I remember the first hand witness account of a fan who saw this behind quite detailed and well, saying they were really touchy.

Yes! The bottle cap. I really do not understand why she had to open it. He was literally like a king sitting there waiting to be served. He did not have to do anything. The only thing missing was JH feeding him the water. 

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1
1 hour ago, myrunningman1 said:

Actually I dont think the Producers would have wanted them to say anything about the fiasco. Remember, the 'apologies' on the recent episodes have been really quick ones, so if SA had spent their "I love you' time talking about it, I'm sure it'd be cut anyway. So what is there left for SA to say to each other, while being super general and not obvious at all? I guess it'd be things like what JSJ said, that the men always treat JH like a man on the show. Which, well, not really interesting confessions. And even no matter what they said, I honestly cannot imagine JK saying 'I love you' at the end properly (well its difficult, trying to ensure it doesnt look romantic, while in reality, this is the woman). So.........they all got cut. I dont know why YJS' got cut as well, but maybe well, they had to ensure someone else's confession was cut as well to make it less obvious.

I remember the first hand witness account of a fan who saw this behind quite detailed and well, saying they were really touchy.

Please share the first hand witness account. I have only seen the fanpics.

I didn't mean they would talk about the fiasco or that the production team would air it, but that the viewers would have been pretty interested in what they had to say to each other. Without the new developments, what they had to say to each other would have been like any other RM castmate talk and one can understand if the production team chose to edit it out. But because of the firing fiasco and the wedding forecast, even general RM viewers would have been interested to hear what they had to say to each other. They could have said general things about how they supported each other during tough times (like JH mentioned about having good luck in the new year last episode) or mention particular episodes that stood out like JH did with Haha.  So RM not choosing to air that when it would have made some headlines tells me there are other reasons. As for why they didn't air YJS' is beyond me. Perhaps YJS said some sensitive things. But being a variety veteran, I am sure YJS would have apologized to JH in a roundabout way without mentioning the fiasco. Why edit out parts which the average RM viewer would be looking forward to when they could have edited out the tedious sections in the middle? YJS is after all the main pillar of the show and the one who guided JH in her early days on RM. Why edit out what JH had to say to him? Was it left out so that leaving out JK's part wouldn't look odd? But they could have kept YJS' part and edited out, say SJ's part along with JK's. Or wouldn't that have worked since YJS and KJK have similar positions on the show? I am still confused about the rationale. But I am pretty sad that they didn't air those parts. Beyond all the shipping, we are RM fans and I was really looking forward to the cast sharing their memories and impressions of each other.

Even the little bit JH mentioned to Haha about being overzealous and not communicating with the members during their time in Dongbaek island gave other perspectives.

After checking the location, feel like she was talking about episode 83 whose last segment, the nametag ripping game took place in the Nurimaru APEC house on Dongbaek island. Episode 18 was also shot in Busan, but on a cruise ship. It becomes interesting since this episode was shot the week after her dating news with the CEO broke out. They had gone to Busan for episode 82 itself, stayed in a hotel together and episode 83 was shot the next day. She was in YJS' and Gary's team and was looking in good spirits throughout. YJS was taking such good care of JH throughout the episode (Gary too was really sweet to JH that episode) and her famous sleeping scene in the car happens in this one (now I wonder whether she had enough sleep the previous week coz of the dating news and the issues it created with the production team). Since YJS' team was in possession of the real bundle, they were on the run for the most part of the name-tag ripping game and JH got time to spend with the rest only once she got out. While JK and JH for me were quite awkward with each other in episode 82, in episode 83, JK was making a conscious effort to fool around with JH in the Jagalchi market trying to force her hand inside the mystery box with the fish.

By the time JH gets out, there are JK, LKS, Haha and LDH already in the jail. When she gets out, JH says that she is too interested in the game proceedings to head immediately back to the jail (it could be true since it was pretty intense and one of the most entertaining name-tag ripping games on RM), but I also wonder, based on what she said in this episode, whether there was still some awkwardness she felt with the members that made her stay back as much as she could. We are not shown JH in the jail at all and then we see them all together at the prize distribution ceremony at the end. JH and Haha must have had that talk after the shoot that day.

Yeah, so I really curse my luck as a spartacer that I didn't get to see even a random chat between spartace as colleagues that would have given me new insights about the BTS of particular episodes. :cry: I wish they would do an interview for the coming fanmeets (like the 2013 Singapore one) where they are asked about each other that gives me fresh insights (if not for that interview, we would have never known what JH thought of JK's dance with SISTAR or when JK thinks she looks the most adorable).

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Please share the first hand witness account. I have only seen the fanpics.

I didn't mean they would talk about the fiasco or that the production team would air it, but that the viewers would have been pretty interested in what they had to say to each other. Without the new developments, what they had to say to each other would have been like any other RM castmate talk and one can understand if the production team chose to edit it out. But because of the firing fiasco and the wedding forecast, even general RM viewers would have been interested to hear what they had to say to each other. They could have said general things about how they supported each other during tough times (like JH mentioned about having good luck in the new year last episode) or mention particular episodes that stood out like JH did with Haha.  So RM not choosing to air that when it would have made some headlines tells me there are other reasons. As for why they didn't air YJS' is beyond me. Perhaps YJS said some sensitive things. But being a variety veteran, I am sure YJS would have apologized to JH in a roundabout way without mentioning the fiasco. Why edit out parts which the average RM viewer would be looking forward to when they could have edited out the tedious sections in the middle? YJS is after all the main pillar of the show and the one who guided JH in her early days on RM. Why edit out what JH had to say to him? Was it left out so that leaving out JK's part wouldn't look odd? But they could have kept YJS' part and edited out, say SJ's part along with JK's. Or wouldn't that have worked since YJS and KJK have similar positions on the show? I am still confused about the rationale. But I am pretty sad that they didn't air those parts. Beyond all the shipping, we are RM fans and I was really looking forward to the cast sharing their memories and impressions of each other.

Even the little bit JH mentioned to Haha about being overzealous and not communicating with the members during their time in Dongbaek island gave other perspectives.

After checking the location, feel like she was talking about episode 83 whose last segment, the nametag ripping game took place in the Nurimaru APEC house on Dongbaek island. Episode 18 was also shot in Busan, but on a cruise ship. It becomes interesting since this episode was shot the week after her dating news with the CEO broke out. They had gone to Busan for episode 82 itself, stayed in a hotel together and episode 83 was shot the next day. She was in YJS' and Gary's team and was looking in good spirits throughout. YJS was taking such good care of JH throughout the episode (Gary too was really sweet to JH that episode) and her famous sleeping scene in the car happens in this one (now I wonder whether she had enough sleep the previous week coz of the dating news and the issues it created with the production team). Since YJS' team was in possession of the real bundle, they were on the run for the most part of the name-tag ripping game and JH got time to spend with the rest only once she got out. While JK and JH for me were quite awkward with each other in episode 82, in episode 83, JK was making a conscious effort to fool around with JH in the Jagalchi market trying to force her hand inside the mystery box with the fish.

By the time JH gets out, there are JK, LKS, Haha and LDH already in the jail. When she gets out, JH says that she is too interested in the game proceedings to head immediately back to the jail (it could be true since it was pretty intense and one of the most entertaining name-tag ripping games on RM), but I also wonder, based on what she said in this episode, whether there was still some awkwardness she felt with the members that made her stay back as much as she could. We are not shown JH in the jail at all and then we see them all together at the prize distribution ceremony at the end. JH and Haha must have had that talk after the shoot that day.

Yeah, so I really curse my luck as a spartacer that I didn't get to see even a random chat between spartace as colleagues that would have given me new insights about the BTS of particular episodes. :cry: I wish they would do an interview for the coming fanmeets (like the 2013 Singapore one) where they are asked about each other that gives me fresh insights (if not for that interview, we would have never known what JH thought of JK's dance with SISTAR or when JK thinks she looks the most adorable).

Ah ok, I get what you mean about the conversation between SA for the latest ep. Why they got cut out, or what they actually said, we wil never know. Sometimes I feel like I want to get hold of all the BTS moments or the full tape, or really just their VJs' cameras to see exactly what transpired. 

Thank you for pinpointing the Dongbaek Island episode. Ok if indeed it was ep 83, I totally understand. My recollection of ep 83 is very very fuzzy since I didnt deem it a good episode to rewatch mainly because I wasnt a fan of LDH and her aeggyo. But I remember the very painful ep 82 and just recently re-read the analysis on Baidu on this ep. If she felt awkward to face the members, can you imagine her and JK? God ep 82 was painful. The way their spirits were so down, esp JK's and how everyone looked like they were walking on eggshells, to how JK ignored JH's attempts to say goodbye (or sorry, cant really remember). It was not until about ep 88 when JK held out his hand to JH in the rain that I felt they retained more semblance of normalcy in their interaction. 

I read the Aussie fan account on isubs and tried googling and found a repost of the account here: http://gapiplus.tumblr.com/post/77698438235/spartaceforever-spartace-in-australia-2 

"Uhm okay so my friends and I were like going back and forth between KJK+Rain, YJS+JSJ and Jihyo (they were filming in separate parts of this alleyway place with heaps of restaurants, and Haha+Gary and Kwangsoo+Kim Woo Bin were somewhere else) We went back to KJK & Rain and then suddenly everyone screamed and I saw Jongkook and Jihyo hugging and tried to take photos but then someone went in front of me… But then I saw them like side hugging and touching each other and then they proceeded to talking. And then… I don’t remember LOL sorry guys OTL… Probably momentarily died or something… ><”

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1
4 minutes ago, myrunningman1 said:

. But I remember the very painful ep 82 and just recently re-read the analysis on Baidu on this ep. If she felt awkward to face the members, can you imagine her and JK? God ep 82 was painful. The way their spirits were so down, esp JK's and how everyone looked like they were walking on eggshells, to how JK ignored JH's attempts to say goodbye (or sorry, cant really remember). It was not until about ep 88 when JK held out his hand to JH in the room that I felt they retained more semblance of normalcy in their interaction. 

I read the Aussie fan account on isubs and tried googling and found a repost of the account here: http://gapiplus.tumblr.com/post/77698438235/spartaceforever-spartace-in-australia-2 

"Uhm okay so my friends and I were like going back and forth between KJK+Rain, YJS+JSJ and Jihyo (they were filming in separate parts of this alleyway place with heaps of restaurants, and Haha+Gary and Kwangsoo+Kim Woo Bin were somewhere else) We went back to KJK & Rain and then suddenly everyone screamed and I saw Jongkook and Jihyo hugging and tried to take photos but then someone went in front of me… But then I saw them like side hugging and touching each other and then they proceeded to talking. And then… I don’t remember LOL sorry guys OTL… Probably momentarily died or something… ><”

Oh yes. I had once shared here the SA baidu post on episode 82. I too think it is a very important episode coz you can totally feel the awkwardness in the air, especially between JK and JH with JH repeatedly trying to interact with JK and him not really responding until that moment during the mission and then that moment under the umbrella. This is me speculating: these were also two episodes where JH and KS weren't interacting much (in fact even in episode 83, you don't get to see much kwangmong interaction). Perhaps the people who had been closest to JH, JK and KS, felt the most awkward around her for some time after the unexpected dating news.

That fan account is really funny. I can totally understand how your brain can stop functioning when something like that happens in front of your eyes. Got great respect for SA fans who can take fancams and pics of SA with their brain still functioning normally.

tempted to make my top 5 list, so here goes (not in spesific order) :

1. basically all nametag ripping between them. as mention by linzer03, what kind of nametag ripping that involving backhug, hugging, interlocking hand, and linking arm ? that's so unsual (ex : ep 140, 185, 111)

2. JH get jealous if KJK getting too close to the female guest or if YEH name was mentioned. in ep 108, when KJK tried to raise Gong Hyo-Jin heartbeat by lifting her up in bridal style and she said that she's enjoying it, JH smile awkwardly and seems really uncomfortable. in ep 166, when YJS call park shin hye as "eun hye", JH looks annoyed. in ep 278, when KJK and Lee Ji-Hyun giving example on how "of course" game is played and then Lee Ji-Hyun asked KJK if KJK and YEH were dating during their X-man days, JH looks really uncomfortable, she tried to hide it by smiling, but her smile was so awkward. i guess even if you're a well known and experienced actress, sometimes you can't hide your jealousy

3. in ep 100, JH arrive to the meeting place, and then KJK says that her dress is too short. after that, you can see in BTS that she's wearing a wrap around the bottom half of her dress. CMIIW, but  the person who's complaining when a girl's dress is too short would be her father or her bf, and we know that KJK is not JH's father 

4. in ep 103, after winning the game, KJK presenting the beast nametag to his princess (JH) by kneeling down, and JH look so touched. 

5. ep 15, the train serenade episode. when all the boys tried to raised JH's heartbeat above 130 to get the running ball. when it's KJK's turn, he says that it would be "friendship" relationship and JH seems very excited. then KJK sing his own song "come back to me" as per JH's request after hearing JSJ humming the song, JH's seems very happy, smiling and clapping hands after KJK finish singing. even though she knew what song KJK would sing for her, and KJK not doing anything flashy or making any skinship, KJK's manage to get JH's heartbeat to 115.  imagine if KJK sang the song while holding her hand, side hugging her or looking to her eyes, i'm pretty certain that JH's heartbeat will go above 130. meanwhile, gary's attempt only reach 104, so much for the official loveline :expressionless:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Oh yes. I had once shared here the SA baidu post on episode 82. I too think it is a very important episode coz you can totally feel the awkwardness in the air, especially between JK and JH with JH repeatedly trying to interact with JK and him not really responding until that moment during the mission and then that moment under the umbrella. This is me speculating: these were also two episodes where JH and KS weren't interacting much (in fact even in episode 83, you don't get to see much kwangmong interaction). Perhaps the people who had been closest to JH, JK and KS, felt the most awkward around her for some time after the unexpected dating news.

That fan account is really funny. I can totally understand how your brain can stop functioning when something like that happens in front of your eyes. Got great respect for SA fans who can take fancams and pics of SA with their brain still functioning normally.

We also have to remember that ep 82 was the one and only time JK was late for filming, which is very very unlike him. And with his 'lateness' he avoided all the sappy talk before that. And LKS was absolutely terrified to be on his team and just them. It was not his usual "I dont want to be on the same team with the Commander" look, but really a "I dont know what to say or do" expression.

I was just looking through the episodes after 82-83. There was actually no major moments between them if you discount the ep 89 (my bad, wasnt 88) hand hold, and their same team on ep 92 where they had interaction, but nothing out of the blue for people in the same team. it was all the way until ep 93 where JK was hunted by everyone else but JH silently and quietly went to his side to help him vote out Haha, that to me was a major turning point. I dont think they were dating by then, but at least normalcy was resumed. 

• Like 3

So the dreaded ep has ended, and allegedly, there is talk that this woman had been on similar match making shows on TV before but I cannot yet find an absolute source to back this up. But poor woman is getting lambasted left and right for her looks, which I find a bit uncalled for.

• Like 3

Looks like we dont really have anything to worry about, they are probably just using her as a scapegoat to squash unnecessary rumours of uri SA, we were worried about whether or not the fans will bash JK because of this since they thought it was his idea, glad that the PD's stated that it was their ideas instead of JK's

Edited by hr12_stv
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, myrunningman1 said:

So the dreaded ep has ended, and allegedly, there is talk that this woman had been on similar match making shows on TV before but I cannot yet find an absolute source to back this up. But poor woman is getting lambasted left and right for her looks, which I find a bit uncalled for.

I think any girl chosen for this ep would get the flak. But i agree, no need to bash.

Found this in IG. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, hr12_stv said:

Looks like we dont really have anything to worry about, they are probably just using her as a scapegoat to squash unnecessary rumours of uri SA, but i bet this ep is going to suck since they're doing it with the kind of girl who's only in it for attention lol

exactly, its not something that need to worry about, may be this is the bright side of the current PDs of rm not so good #peace, before I imagined this eps would be so romantic such as wgm, but yeah in the end this eps not gonna prove spartace is not exist. Beside I kind of found an unusual spartace moment, but lets talk about it tomorrow cause could be spoiler for others:D

I agree that the girl kind of so so, quite nice body though lol, well since we don't really know her, how she act in real life, her personality etc so no need to bash and blame her.

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

I expected this blind date to be there just for entertainment purposes, so I don't get why people expect more from it. It was just a televised blind date. I just wanted the girl to be sweet and presentable so that she would look good on screen. I didn't want her to be too aggressive since JK gets pretty tongue-tied when that happens. So I felt happy that the girl was gentle and let JK feel comfortable around her. I suppose she has previous experience with going on such entertainment blind dates before, but then the production team wouldn't have called her if she was a rookie non-celeb who believed that going on a televised blind date is the real deal. Everybody is doing something like this to serve their own interests. The show is giving us their version of JK's blind date, he is giving us his version of how he would behave on one, the cast are giving us their version of how they would assist him in one, so it is not like only the girl is there with ulterior motives. Take it for what it is - it is entertainment just like all lovelines are! Bashing somebody for their looks is really uncool and childish. It is not like we are all models here. For me, she had really pretty eyes. She seemed to have a good time with JK and the cast and though it ended with the mission accomplished, i.e with the girl saying 'yes', we all know it was for the show.

Since there weren't any proper missions, I didn't get much watching it RAW. Would have liked to see the two of them doing more missions instead of them just sitting and talking - it would have been more fun and less awkward for both of them. But I have seen something similar on TFS, so may be it will be funny once subbed. JK was being pretty gentlemanly though there were one or two hiccups like that time he accidentally spilled the wine on the table. The one part I really enjoyed was JK's song. I have been wanting to see him sing on RM for a long while (after the X-man episode), so it was wonderful to hear him sing one of his favourite songs, 'Last Love' and then for him to score a 100 for it! JH also pitched in at times to help JK out. There was one time he got out of the car by himself and his partner was still sitting in the car. Perhaps his plan was to open the door for her from the other side. Anyway, JH tapped him on the shoulder asking him to open the door for his date. Also when JK went on and on about something probably boring the girl, JH who was sitting with the others and was watching him, started criticising him. I am not sure but there was also one time when JK asked Soo Young something when she had just put a big morsel of food in her mouth and JH again scolded him for his poor timing. JH was also helping him with the directions as to how to take out that plush toy from the toy machine. It wasn't that bad - there were lots of awkward moments, but there were funny moments too.

I really hope the cast did express some of their thoughts on JK as a person since all said and done, it was his special.

If i understand correct when someone agree to a blind date he give some general caracteristic he want in his couple (We know this was arranged by SBS) but at the end we can say the caracteristic was: long brown hair, attletic body and accountant and we all know whom have also all this caracteristics

I haven wash  the episode as I am waiting fir the English subs

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
2 minutes ago, cleo47012 said:

If i understand correct when someone agree to a blind date he give some general caracteristic he want in his couple (We know this was arranged by SBS) but at the end we can say the caracteristic was: long brown hair, attletic body and accountant and we all know whom have also all this caracteristics

I haven wash  the episode as I am waiting fir the English subs

hahaha. So what you are saying is the production team needn't have looked that far and wide when there was someone else on the team that fit all the criteria.

Heard it was the production team which suggested the idea to JK. I don't think he gave them much of an input as to what he wanted.

12 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

hahaha. So what you are saying is the production team needn't have looked that far and wide when there was someone else on the team that fit all the criteria.

Heard it was the production team which suggested the idea to JK. I don't think he gave them much of an input as to what he wanted.

No I know was arranged by SBS but was funny to see the caracteristics mached JH 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I expected this blind date to be there just for entertainment purposes, so I don't get why people expect more from it. It was just a televised blind date. I just wanted the girl to be sweet and presentable so that she would look good on screen. I didn't want her to be too aggressive since JK gets pretty tongue-tied when that happens. So I felt happy that the girl was gentle and let JK feel comfortable around her. I suppose she has previous experience with going on such entertainment blind dates before, but then the production team wouldn't have called her if she was a rookie non-celeb who believed that going on a televised blind date is the real deal. Everybody is doing something like this to serve their own interests. The show is giving us their version of JK's blind date, he is giving us his version of how he would behave on one, the cast are giving us their version of how they would assist him in one, so it is not like only the girl is there with ulterior motives. Take it for what it is - it is entertainment just like all lovelines are! Bashing somebody for their looks is really uncool and childish. It is not like we are all models here. For me, she had really pretty eyes. She seemed to have a good time with JK and the cast and though it ended with the mission accomplished, i.e with the girl saying 'yes', we all know it was for the show.

From when they announced JK's blind date special, I already had this inkling that the woman would be someone who is not really a celeb but has enough connections that production teams can easily call on to activate. How else would they be able to find a real non-celeb at short notice to agree to come here and put on a grand show (alot of repercussions if a single non-celeb really agrees to do this. She potentially ruins her own chance at her own dating life since everyone would associate her with JK). So I honestly wasnt surprised to find out today that indeed the woman has been on dating shows before. I'm not blaming the lady - its a win-win for both SBS and the lady, but it just isnt the non-celeb who wants a shot at true love that SBS portrayed it to be.

The only grouse I have now with the "yes" ending is, even if JK and the lady never ever goes out on another date privately, which is more likely than not, it pushes any chance of SA coming clean backwards again. People are not going to be accepting if SA comes out to admit their status within the next few months since JK is technically supposed to be developing feelings for this woman.

11 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Why am I totally not surprised at this? That JK is so self serving that he'd just let SBS do their own show, which they did and stunk it up. As I'm rewatching old episodes, I'm in awe of JK and his Commander status and it is sad that SBS has totally thrown this character aside

• Like 3