[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

Come on guys. Be patient! I don't see it as sexist. This is the entertainment world . It is not like they have invited a number of women and asked them to prove themselves for JK. It is just one woman on a blind date. The RM cast are particularly sweet with non-celebs and JK is a gentleman. RM is no WGM and JK is not the cheesy kind. JK has always shot down lovelines for himself on the show this year. Even in his stint on FD, he didn't chose the gym trainer though everyone wanted him to. We can't judge him like that.  If he is going along with it, there must be a reason. They are entertainers working under certain compulsions. As their shippers and also their fans, we should try to understand and support  them.  Why did JH go another dating show while MC was on? Because she thought that would bring an end to MC on the show besides giving her a greater fanbase in China. Why did she agree on going on a date with Gary? Because she trusted the production team to help her end MC on a good note. We watched that episode with a lot of bad feelings, but look how it turned out. Don't say such things about JK or JH when they don't act as we wish them to. Then what is our difference from other shippers?

JK has supported JH while she played the Monday GF and even did WAIL, a full dating show. Then why won't JH while he is going on a mere blind date? Till now, both have maintained that they consider each other as family before the public, especially JH. Last episode, it was the cast telling them they suit each other.  Neither of them said they were interested in each other. There wasn't even any follow up to that in that episode.Then how in the world did JH become the third wheel if till date, she has never expressed in public any interest in JK as a man? There are JH fans who think it is he who has a crush on her and that she thinks of him as family. So other than a few spartace shippers, none of them even see the two as anything other than close friends or colleagues.

As for JK and JH going on a date, how would viewers take it if JH and JK are sent on a date after JH had one with Gary? These two can't completely abandon their characters on the show. JH has been the Monday GF, that is why they brought up Gary on the show last episode. JK's character is that of the bachelor still looking for a woman to marry. Nothing has been said other than that they are compatible for marriage.

I can understand fans getting worried over other aspects of JK not being highlighted in his special. Or being disappointed with the concept of the episode. That is fine. But we don't know if he was forced into something he didn't want. Even if it was his choice, even then we shouldn't judge him. It is his life and his choice just like JH doing WAIL or playing the Monday GF or doing CFs with Gary were her choices (btw fans on SA naver were upset with JH when she renewed the CF contract with Gary too - that is how shippers are, so don't go by shipper comments). 

If it is such a terrible episode where we find JK and JH completely unhappy, then we can say they were pushed into it. But things like this have happened before. What I have always tried to do is understand them as people. If we are going to judge them as people based on what we feel they should or shouldn't do, I don't know where we are going. If one day comes when these two are revealed not to be real, how shall we look at them - shall we say they are cheap? Our expectations about how they should behave are just ours. They don't have any obligations to follow them. They might be forced to do difficult things - our heart has hurt for them before. We might want to save them from those situations. But ultimately, they choose to do certain things based on their circumstances and whatever we say or do won't change that. I have always believed that they have agency as people - that is, if a situation is that terrible, they can always quit. So we should stop worrying so much over them coz it is their life and if things become that bad, they have a choice to change things around.

We shouldn't ship them thinking they are perfect people. They are imperfect just as we are and are in situations which we cannot even imagine. Our only real choice is whether to ship them or not. That is the only thing in our hands. If we can't come to terms with their choices, we can always stop shipping them. If we find it difficult to accept their choices but love them, then do what most people do - try to understand them.

Even if they have been together for so long, there is no guarantee that they will make it till the end. Even if they get married, there is no guarantee that they will live happily ever after. That is how life is. So be prepared for everything. Take shipping lightly.

Whenever I have felt frustrated with this ship before, I have taken a break. It has helped me get my perspective back. This time, it is not like that - I still believe in this ship and will try to understand and accept JK's and JH's choices. But there have been just too many things in the last couple of days. I am gonna take a break. Good day to the shippers here!

Edited by athoughtcloud1

Hi guys, its my first time giving my bits in here...been lurking for about 2 years i guess...

btw, if we thinking positively, this blind dating maybe because JK wants to give a fan a dating experience with celebrities right? might not all about romantic feeling right?

huhu...just my opinion on this:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

The concept of a blind date in itself is not sexist. It all depends on the approach. If you only talk about physical characteristics of the person, then yes, that's offensive and shows that you're not ready for a serious relationship. But we know KJK, he talked about how he likes cheerful personalities on TFS and we know he likes someone who is health-conscious. KJK has always been respectful to women (this is the man who takes his mom everywhere!) and in fact, he often has an easier time getting along with women who don't meet the traditional korean ideal. This is KJK who has always praised SJH for being the bravest out of all of them. This is KJK who praised his female dongsaeng for being able to beat all four Sistar members in arm-wrestling. This is KJK who loves it when SJH kicks and punches LKS in one of their variety fights. This is KJK who encouraging and patient as he coached his couple partner how to do tumbling on the diving board. This is KJK who thinks SJH is beautiful no matter what she wears. This is KJK who always makes certain his partners are okay before starting a love line. While as many of us have said we don't know KJK personally and we don't know the interworkings of his mind, we do know KJK. We have watched him on RM (and some of us on his other shows and interviews and concerts) for years now. If we don't know what type of man KJK is by now, then I think we all need to sit down and rewatch all his shows and think very carefully about who he is. 

And while I think the article had poor phrasing, but I don't think to have a non-celeb come on the show is necessarily condescending. In the article, they're just trying to say that it's not a celeb female. It's cool for her, if she's a fan, to get to come on RM. Hell, I'd fake wanting to marry KJK if it meant I got to spend a day on the RM set, having the cast be idiots. We'll have to see how they portray it, of course, but I don't think we should jump on the "it's condescending" train based solely on a news article.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks KJK is going to marry this woman, and in fact, no matter what they try to package this as, I'm calling it a love line. They are acting for the cameras, and they will always be acting to some extent until the cameras are turned off. As a KJK fan and someone who was eagerly anticipating him finally getting his own episode, I am disappointed that this is the part of his character they chose. However, the more I think about it, the more I can see them doing some cool stuff for his character in this episode. Imagine him having to say goodbye to his past love lines before going on this blind date. As @athoughtcloud1 said, imagine the other RM members trying to sabotage the date. Imagine all the subtle comments the RM members will have that only we'll understand because only we think spartace is dating. There's probably so much we're going to get to analyze after that episode. And while I haven't had a lot of trust in RM recently, I am going to give them my trust one last time that this episode is not going to be a straight-forward blind date episode but something funny that we will enjoy. 

• Like 9

I wanted to say my opinion about this data after that ep to have a better judgment. to be honest guys i'm a bit disappointed about some sa fans and some of jk fans reactions . some didn't like it just because they thought it's not good for his image but the ones who were sad because it was not jh. I still believe sa are really dating but did he even said he is interested in jh? we just assume it ourselves based on what we saw.  then why he can't go on a date with someone else and enjoy it? when jh was in wail or had a cf with gary and every thing she did we all supported her and she also enjoyed doing wail and lot of eps with gary. if it was for work then this blind date is also for work. she was not uncomfortable in those times then why some expect jk to be awkward and not enjoy his blind date? please show the same support that you showed for jh for jk too and still let's wait for that ep and see what will happen after that. even if sa are dating we didn't expect them to announce it right after all happened recently.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, sana82 said:

I wanted to say my opinion about this data after that ep to have a better judgment. to be honest guys i'm a bit disappointed about some sa fans and some of jk fans reactions . some didn't like it just because they thought it's not good for his image but the ones who were sad because it was not jh. I still believe sa are really dating but did he even said he is interested in jh? we just assume it ourselves based on what we saw.  then why he can't go on a date with someone else and enjoy it? when jh was in wail or had a cf with gary and every thing she did we all supported her and she also enjoyed doing wail and lot of eps with gary. if it was for work then this blind date is also for work. she was not uncomfortable in those times then why some expect jk to be awkward and not enjoy his blind date? please show the same support that you showed for jh for jk too and still let's wait for that ep and see what will happen after that. even if sa are dating we didn't expect them to announce it right after all happened recently.

it's not that i'm against JK doing that episode, but what i've said earlier, i just wanna see SA in a couple team for the last time. JH been in couple team with other running man members but never with JK

well, there goes my hope :D

but, i agree with you, let's support JK doing his role in that episode, he deserve it

• Like 7

To change the mood, can you guys suggest 10 best RM eps in your opinions (and the reasons). I am going to rewatch those episodes this week :)

Thanks so much for spending such amount of time typing and replying in this topic. I am so amazed at how you all can write so well. Feel like I am a grass as I think almost all your multi-dimentional opinions are right ^_^

• Like 2

@bogummish

You can start reading from this page.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/337204-spartace-couple-kimjongkook-songjihyo/?page=375

They took the same flight to new york on 4/2/2015 but no one knows when they left. I only remember Jh went there for a photo shoot and Jk went there to receive an award as a representative for running man. I don't remember all the details so it will be better if you read those posts yourself.:grin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, linzer03 said:

@XuanNguyet Do you want spartace episodes or just best RM episodes in general?

Hello there, can i ask, if not troubling you, the reference episode for spartace moment, and where exactly the moment in the episode? (sorry for confusing phrase hahaha)

I am new here, really really new, like yesterday xD ( you can see how much post i have lol )

years ago when i first watch RM (forgot what episode), and saw KJK and SJH, i just got this gut feeling, that maybe JK will established a love line with JH, because the vibe that i got from watching them. I'm aware of SpartAce before (because the hand touching in baseball episode), but not into the shipping so much, i just enjoy the program as it is. But as time goes by, i cant shake off the feeling that they are really, really close, in the intimate level, that it's impossible for them not to have feeling for each other. I still kept my sanity back then, thinking that's what 2 people that are too close, like family, can do. But the strange part is, in my most not-delusional mind at that time, i couldn't find JH asking massage to the other member, i couldn't find the strange tension between JH and other members, it's always JK. It's like, she depends on him, and so is him. And with the latest episode, and reading y'all argument, my sanity went downhill, and came full shipping right now xD

about JK special, i didn't worry too much, cause in the end, it all comeback to JK decision. If he is being force to do a special that himself didn't agree too, he can just go. And i don't think that JK is being force to do the dating special by the producers either, I don't think the PDs want to cross the line with JK anymore than they have. I respect JK decision to make this special, i think he want to abolish gay rumour about him (if there are), that he want to show that he is considering marrying too, and want to make other people stop asking when he's going to marry.

And in the latest episode, when JK and JH in a room, and JK spoke "coincidentally, it's two of us..." i think he meant that coincidentally, the two members that were once fired and came back, is together in one team.

Ah..i wrote so much for a newbie xD

Nice to know you all SpartAce shippers, I'll be lurking around in here until the end of RM, maybe. (have a hope that SA will be reunited in another shows, or, dispatch headline xD)

Good night peeps!

Edited by rdtsttwn
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

@bogummish

You can start reading from this page.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/337204-spartace-couple-kimjongkook-songjihyo/?page=375

They took the same flight to new york on 4/2/2015 but no one knows when they left. I only remember Jh went there for a photo shoot and Jk went there to receive an award as a representative for running man. I don't remember all the details so it will be better if you read those posts yourself.:grin:

40 minutes ago, bogummish said:

@chelseafjl8 which times were those? I only remember sjh was in Hawaii for a photoshoot and went out with her gfs

Since there are too many pages to read from that starting point, I thought I'd quickly add on that while we don't know the exact days they left their respective locations, though 2-3 days had been narrowed down, JK left NYC the second day of his stay in the US and flew out to LA (later visiting Las Vegas). While JH had remained in NYC for the majority of that time.

• Like 2

@rdtsttwn Welcome to the forum! We have all been down the road of "I can't believe I'm shipping them but I think there's something between them" so I understand your reluctance. I'll be more than happy to make a list of spartace moments or good spartace episodes if you're interested. But, um, how detailed do you want the list? Because most spartace moments are very small and fleeting, but there are episodes were there's significantly more spartace moments. Some moments most of us don't even find until someone points it out to us. 

• Like 2