Quantcast

[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

@athoughtcloud1 it's the translation of the Naver acrticle. i guess we have to wait for the official response from sbs.

I am shocked tbh, I cant do RM without Spartace. But all the signs were there, some of us thought something was brewing anyway. I am still shocked though.

• Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WanZ

• mn0096

• airplanegirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing really to comment on about the episode itself as I have not watched it yet. But I have noticed that this thread has kind of taken a different direction after the petition and firing incident.

ALERT: LONG POST AHEAD! I just finished watching the latest episode, and here are my thoughts about it. My earlier comments were made before watching the episode, so I hope you'll overlook things

Last part before they start performing once again Really no one can stop them from having their own chat room! It's JK's turn to speak and they laughed cutely together again.

Guest athoughtcloud1
1 minute ago, bogummish said:

@athoughtcloud1 it's the translation of the Naver acrticle. i guess we have to wait for the official response from sbs.

I am shocked tbh, I cant do RM without Spartace. But all the signs were there, some of us thought something was brewing anyway. I am still shocked though.

I am reading the twitter responses and they all seem to be confirming the news. Hmm... let's wait for a response from SBS! OMG! I don't know what I feel now. Did it have to be this way? My beloved show and my beloved members! :bawling: Perhaps that is why they met up with Myuk PD!

I wouldn't have watched RM without KJK but definitely not without either one of them. That would be the end of RM for me. I hope it's not true, but I guess this is what they feel is necessary. I'm sure they've thought about it carefully. And I'm still going to follow both of them in their careers. But also interesting that they're choosing to leave together...

• Like 3

Spartace leaving together makes me keep a glimmer of hope abt their status. Allkpop says they made the decision together with the production team and will be leaving. Season 2 of RM will start in January. I dont think I can watch RM anymore but I hope we get some good news from these two in 2017 or it will feel like years of shipping amounted to nothing. I got so used to spotting spartace moments in every episode that I took it for granted. This really hit me hard now. KJK&SJH, be happy. 

I think the two of them leaving together is a pretty good indication that we'll be getting some news soon. It makes sense, actually, that they would wait for KG to leave and then decide to leave themselves.

It'll be disappointing to no longer find scenes of them in RM, but they're not a love line couple, they're under no obligation to act on camera for us. Besides, we have years of footage of the two of them together, and if they do announce, we'll probably get plenty of interviews of them talking about each other at least in the beginning. At this point, I just want them to be happy together and successful in their careers. I don't need them to be the RM couple.

• Like 5
Guest athoughtcloud1
2 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I wouldn't have watched RM without KJK but definitely not without either one of them. That would be the end of RM for me. I hope it's not true, but I guess this is what they feel is necessary. I'm sure they've thought about it carefully. And I'm still going to follow both of them in their careers. But also interesting that they're choosing to leave together...

I will try to watch the show for the other members, but Kang Ho Dong? Wouldn't that upset the hierarchy in the team? I don't think an older guy would have been the right choice for me. But yeah, I can see how YJS and KHD together may appeal to the korean audience. KHD may replace JK in becoming the 2nd pillar of the show. The one major reason I loved RM was coz it had a female member I could root for and now is RM going to be like all the other all male variety shows? Or will they take in another female member at some point?

On the one hand, I can kind of understand why this is happening and on the other hand, I can't believe one big chunk of my entertainment is going to be over. 

I wonder whether they will attend the fanmeet or not. I thought they were confirmed to attend or will that change now? 

I am still in shock. I am really sad that RM had to reach this point. 

Guest athoughtcloud1
5 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I think the two of them leaving together is a pretty good indication that we'll be getting some news soon. It makes sense, actually, that they would wait for KG to leave and then decide to leave themselves.

It'll be disappointing to no longer find scenes of them in RM, but they're not a love line couple, they're under no obligation to act on camera for us. Besides, we have years of footage of the two of them together, and if they do announce, we'll probably get plenty of interviews of them talking about each other at least in the beginning. At this point, I just want them to be happy together and successful in their careers. I don't need them to be the RM couple.

I don't think spartace could ever have become a couple on RM. I think they would always respect the official loveline of the show which was MC. Even if some time was to pass after Gary's leaving, I don't think they would have preferred to use it as the launch pad for their RL relationship. So I guess this was the only way out! But I can't imagine the other members without spartace - somehow they all look so orphaned to me! :bawling: I guess the other members also understand that the time has come for Spartace to leave. 

I will be watching SJH's jtbc beauty show for sure. And someone mentioned that even KJK had a meeting at Jtbc. If they are indeed planing something serious in their personal life then getting out of RM was a must. Im gonna try not to sound too delusional but if them leaving has nothing to do w their relationship status then KJK could have as well stayed,no? not like the new member is gonna replace him in physicality, he could have stayed on board for the new format season since it doesnt really look like RM is banking on being a physical show anymore, more like  a gag show now. I understand SJH leaving to an extent since she's a female actress, maybe she couldnt keep up w the schedules anymore and six years is already a lot. Idk what Im trying to get at anymore,  lol. i just really hope this is related to them being Spartace.

Guest athoughtcloud1

I will wait for more official news. But my feeling is that there is no smoke without fire. A show like RM can't afford to have rumours about 2 of their major cast members leaving right after the departure of another one especially when it is struggling with ratings.  Let's see what SBS says. JH can say she is leaving to focus on being an actress, but she is taking on another show too. No wonder she signed up with a new agency. Wonder what JK is going to do. I really want some news.

It's pretty clear that they are now focusing on not being a physical show anymore. hence the name "season 2". i think it will be more of a gag/comedy show from now on. I really just need some Spartace news :(

Guest athoughtcloud1

JK and JH are extremely loyal as people. Heck, JH went with MC for so long coz she was loyal to the show. She was the girl who used to say that any place would be good to travel to as long as she was with her members. The same with JK. In the last episode, he was the one member who kept insisting that they do all the missions united as a team. It is for this show that he risked his injuries time and again. If they had another way out, they would have stayed till the end of the show. 

I think 7012 is mainly for the i-fans and it was something invented by Taek PD. For the korean fans, that may not matter much. Since the show is focusing on Yoo-Lee a lot these days, think SBS sees a future for the show with the 2 of them as the major players. Add to that Kang Ho Dong who coz of his X-man days has equations with YJS and Haha. Season 2 may be targetted more at the domestic audience. 

I wrote multiple times on this forum that KJK and SJH seemed to be moving on with their careers away from RM yet it never hit me that Id be right or that they'd be legit leaving. *Virtual hug everyone* :tears::bawling:

KJK and SJH labels both confirmed at the same time that they are leaving and the dates of their departures will be adjusted. SJH says her schedule is too busy now. KJK offered no explanation so far.

Just cause theyre not on RM anymore doesnt mean this fandom is done. We'll just have to look for them on different platforms. (Cause while I dont want to get too hopeful this is looking a lot like a decision as a couple.) Im taking this news a lot easier than I thought I would and I think its because spartace is ready for a change.

• Like 9

@linzer03 if this means a progress (real one) in their relationship, I'm all for it. I'm just so scared if there is no progress and nothing new. Although like I said, if SJH leaves because of her career (and she said so herself) then I get it. But KJK leaving (literally with her, a d releasing a statement with her) is whats fishy to me (and he indeed offered no explanation) especially since the show isnt even physical anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Guest athoughtcloud1

I am feeling really sad coz their leaving the show means the end of seeing them with the other cast members and some of my favourite combinations - like Yoo-Kook, HaHyo, KwangMong, KookSoo and of course Spartace with JSJ. :( It all seems like a dream! But then this is a really courageous decision on their part. If they are quitting coz of the personal reasons we suspect, then it is time they gave their real life the priority it has been needing for some time. If it is not coz of that and they want to just focus on their respective careers, all the best to them! I will continue to cheer them on in whatever they do! They have both sacrificed a lot to be part of the show.

With the hallyu ban in china and international audiences not being interested in anything other than the 7012 (i suspect) this will be good for RM to recapture domestic audiences. Comments here kinda prove it, the Koreans are excited abt this xmen reunion although even them are questioning why would KJK leave. 

• Jillia changed the title to [Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo
  • Guest unpinned this topic