[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

Where did you watch it with subs? 

Maybe he was just teasing abt "the other man". like I said you never know with KJK, some of his actions seem geniune, but sometimes he just talks to follow the script. 

That jolt from the sofa though, when he saw Ji Hyo lying down, that's some real tiger reflex loool.

Just to let you know, a stream with English subs (via Viu) has been uploaded on hdfree (.se).

• Like 4

I just rewatched it. KJK said "it looks like SJH will have to find a new boyfriend". Before that, when they mentioned her drama, KJK patted her and said something like "She's doing really well".

Yeah, when she couldnt speak as she was choking on her tears, KJK spoke on her behalf, half jokingly though, but I still found it cute that he was the one to step up and do it. 

One of the show captions also mentioned that KJK and Gary are close friends, not sure to what extent. He did suggest that Gary get help in english from his Turbo friend Mikey. 

Overall really emotional episode, I teared up in the end when they read the letters. The 7012 family was truly something, hard to ler go when you've followed them all since the beginning regardless of the ships.

I will miss Gary a lot.

@ktiminie can you gif the back massage :P

Guest athoughtcloud1

Don't know what I am feeling right now. It is so hard to believe that Gary is really leaving. They were all talking about the news being sprung on them just 2 weeks back. I suppose he had wanted to leave earlier and they made him stay back and this time, they couldn't and had to let him go! Seems like Gary has serious plans to expand his career! He also wants to change his image around to more of the musician at least for a while (leaving behind variety). If he wants to learn English, that shows he wants to take his music to other markets too?

I expected to feel emotional, but not disoriented - RM was such a permanent fixture; bad episodes or good episodes, it was like soul food. And now suddenly, some certainties are gone. Before this episode,I really thought the members would have been more prepared for Gary's exit, but after watching it, I am not that sure. And that makes me worry. Hope this is not the beginning of the end and that the team can re-group. But we should also continue to support RM to get through this phase!

I could see that some of the members really wanted Gary to stay - the older members may have more of the maturity to accept his decision (may be not Suk Jin), but for the others, it seemed quite hard - especially for Ji Hyo and Haha. Wondering whether JH being out of sorts for the past 2-3 weeks was also coz of this! JH is all heart when it comes to the members and it was with Gary that she had her most memorable variety equation. Her letter was so lovely! And you know when Gary talked about what she said to him in episode 115, teared up a bit. Same with Haha. I am so gonna miss Haha and Gary's friendship - the dried squids at the end was pure Haha - tears and laughter together (that joke started so funnily, then for some time it made me mad and then I just fell in love with their calling each other ugly in different ways).

But it was a really beautiful episode - some of the missions were repetitive (but the way the massage therapist was brought in time and again was so hilarious), but then it was not about the games, but about the members sitting together and having fun! It would have been hard for them to focus on missions harder than this for such an episode. I am liking what the PDs are doing with the episodes - the way the episode was titled (basing itself on Leessang's song) to the overall theme - letting Gary go, but not that easily. It seemed genuine and not manufactured and we haven't really had RM episodes like this for a while. So, I think the PD team is getting the hang of it and hope they can survive this! This episode made me laugh like anything in the beginning and left me feeling really empty at the end! When Gary opened that dark room, I wished the members were all there, waiting for him (I know it is a cliche, but I expected it). I haven't reached there where I can say goodbye to Gary yet. So no 'thank you Garys' for now. Will the next episode have a bit more footage from this episode or did they shoot for two episodes together?

I am so thankful that RM could give a proper farewell to Gary. So many shows have members getting into controversies, having to withdraw from the show and then for their footage to get edited out. Both SJK and Gary left with proper farewells (the only exception being Lizzy whose status was never that clearly defined). Also, it made me imagine how RM's last episode would feel like, so let's cherish whatever we have right now. Irrespective of all our ships, we will miss RM when it ends.

Btw the thing about the new boyfriend - I think JK just mentioned it to introduce the topic about JH's feelings at Gary leaving. That is the feeling I got. I don't think there was anything else there.

@androkia91 I wasn't seriously saying JH had other intentions - but the spot she chose was kind of scandalous for broadcast, so I wonder if it was a case of her being random or her genuinely wanting to have some fun! Could be the former, since she has been like that from the beginning - right from that time she said in the middle of a conversation that she wanted spartakooks to guest so that she could hunt him down. LOL But that exact place for the massage therapist! Haha

@ktiminie Thank you for the gifs. Would love to see things that cheer me up!

@bogummish Thank you for the translations. Seems like JK is watching JH's drama! Hehe

running man is for laugh but this is the second time that make everyone cry, after the han river episode. running man at its best when only them together. 

with gary out, the only problem in running man would be they lost the strongest guy. i know jong kook is strong but he has his back problem and many injury, gary is the strongest overall. its running man so there would be many physical running/beating other team. gary out is like the lose half of strength power. besides that gary want the one that talk much, the funny stuff could still be going. gary is more like one line funny, and special skills.

haha and joong kook would still meet gary, they are the gang. its difficult for jihyo to meet him because they dont contact outside the show. i love ji hyo letter, who wouldnt cry hearing that? "i took thing for granted thought that this would last forever" there are like thousands moment of her and gary, sweet and innocent. jihyo cries when joong ki left as well, she takes everything to her heart.

from jihyo letter we know there are more to behind the scene story of gary. "i wouldnt know how hard for you to make the decision" i believe gary thought long and hard about this, the music is just a part of reason.

i still watching running man everyweek. thats the only show i follow never missed an episode.

does anyone know which country have lisence to the show? in my country everyone watch online, which wouldnt give any profit to running man. running man is huge international but what income international bring to it?

Lizzy was initially a guest for episode 13 and episode 14, but later officially joined the program, starting episode 18. However, she has left the crew since episode 26 due to schedule conflicts with After School, the K-pop group she joined. She later makes a comeback as a guest in episode 292, after 5 years not appearing on the show

• Like 3

That was a tough episode to sit through without getting teary eyed.  I can't imagine how tough filming was for the members and the staff that have worked with the cast for so long.  I really liked how the episode was planned out as a farewell for KG, editing was definitely on point in my opinion for this episode.  The episode was a good balance between emotional and comical. The games were simple enough that allowed the cast to sit and actually converse with one another.  I liked that they were confined in one location, like how the early episodes were where they were locked in a mall or amusement park.  We see the secret missions and how the members tried to prevent the others from succeeding and ratting them out and all that, definitely missed these kind of moments.  I hope the PDs focus more on the cast interaction in the future episodes. I think the regretful thing, or disappointment I felt from this episode was that the production team never highlighted much of the relationship KG has with the rest of the cast aside from JH in the past episodes.  From the letters and gifts and what KG has to say about the letters, you can tell he had a special relationship with each and every one of the members, but we as viewers sadly never really got the chance to see that. The production team has for a long time drifted away from the cast to focusing on guests, and I hope this episode and unfortunately with KG's departure, they can go back on focusing on the cast more. Playing the games with the VJs and the other staff members were a bonus too, not only do the members have a special relationship with each other, but they've been working with these staff for so long. Those clips of the past episodes got me in the end.  Also wondering how on earth they calculated the distances they ran?! 

I think we can all see how much KG's announcement has affected JH.  These two were with each other the most during filmings more than any other pairing in RM, it probably did affect her like @athoughtcloud1 mentioned in the previous episodes where she was quite quiet.  She was definitely a lot more lively in today's episode (though, also I've noticed JH's a lot more talkative when it's just the members & the fact that her most memorable episodes are when it was just the members filming).  Her gift to KG was sweet, we see JH giving many of the members a massage and because JH will no longer be around, she gifted him an electronic massager (though I am a bit skeptical about the scrapbook, but that's another thing for another time).  Her letter to KG was really heartfelt too.  Despite that there were times where you can see JH was clearly uncomfortable with some of the MC moments, and how much she was done with the concept, KG, as her MC BF, was her partner and both of them started their variety career with each other, I'm sure they relied on each other a lot throughout these 6 years.  If anyone is able to understand what she had to deal with, the love line crossing over to her main profession and personal life, it would be KG.  I think they'll always have a special colleague-friendship, not sure what the best word to describe it, and like JH said he'll always have a special space.  

Going to touch upon on the other members.  I liked how JS brought up that if KG ever wanted to come back to variety again, he just needs to give him a call, and the shoe was definitely a meaningful gift.  KS and KG, I wish we would've seen more of their rival/loving relationship on screen, and his letter was sweet.  JSJ I think probably had a more difficult time than say JK/KS and JS to come to terms with that KG will be leaving, but I'm glad he understood where he was coming from. JK and KG, JK's letter though wasn't as emotional as the others, but like JK said in the letter, they have a kind of relationship where they can understand each without really having to say it out loud.  Though I do wish they had more clips of the two together in the montage video.  HaHa's letter was definitely, I can't even describe it. But they've been through a lot these two, starting off in the music scene, rooming together, and KG taking on the RM knowing HaHa is joining too.  

I'll forever remember Running Man with these 7 members (even though SJK was a member) the 7 members stuck together for so long experiencing the bad and the good together. They together brought so much laughter and joy to us viewers.  I don't even want to think of what will happen when another member resigns from the show.  Fingers crossed that KG will attend the Awards Ceremony with the rest of the members one last time, not yet ready to say good-bye.     

Also, the preview?! Back for one last time?! Just a cameo will do, slowly ease us into the just seeing 6 of them in the future. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, androkia91 said:

I am pretty sure it came off as accidentally seductive once the guys noticed her pose. She meant that she wanted to get the massage where YJS and the other guys got it - on their waist , since once she was deposited onto the couch she kept saying she wanted to get it done too. The guys realized how weird it looked an immediately chastised her - something like LKS trying to wipe off tea off JH's dress or YJS trying to drive away a bug off Park Na-rae. Still the way JK got up immediately after sitting down was hilarious lol.

I think soo too, it just accidentlly looked very seductive hhehe, but looved the way the guys instantly all moved her away, haha saying to the guy indirectly you are not allowed to touch her, kwangso in particular really surprised me by how fast he reacted and tried to carry her away lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chelseafjl8 said:

E5C6D7F144AC64C86F76886973B2308B_zpsnx2b

1C1B73A6E744F1DF1C381C901AD2C3DB_zpsony6

Credit to owners

I'm sorry but Spartace or no Spartace ... that first gif is just sooo sexy

The way he's just casually sitting and looking ahead like he doesn't even need to look down at what he's doing because he knows it so well. That was hot tbh.

Episode:324 Love this episode because cause it carries alot of laughter and the members were in one place without moving up and down all the time. It was funny to see jk trying to carry out his mission to which js saw him and called out his name startling him and then when to past possession of what he was hiding to carry out his hidden mission to which jk push him and he ended up in the wall. I also like it when jh was trying to get massage and ks and sj was like what are you doing and ready to tke her up to which jk spot her on the floor and forgot that he was going to it and came to help ks and sj throw jh on the sofa and and jk keep on repeating to jh asking her if she was cazy what is she doing  then ks start to demonstrate jh pose to which jk saw and while jh was getting up he push her back in the seat and stand in front of her after which sj take over to trying to keep jh in place,  even though they put JH and kg to sit beside ech other jh and jk were practically gue to each other and when they asked jh to say something to kg and she said that she talk to him privately already to which jk add on that and that jh was like what is she going to do now that g is leaving which is indicating that she wasn't alone when she was meeting him.  When it was time for jk to be slap if you realize no one wanted to to do it so they choose jh instead to which jk agree but she was busy trying to carry out her mission and said to let ks do am like why are the so afraid of hitting jk but they want jh to do am like that part seem fishy what he'll get mad at the other's but not jh too bad haha end up loosing and had to do it what got me confuse is that part where kg whisper to ks and then he start to sing isn't she lovely am here with my delusional self thinking that he was talking abt jh because I know ks knew that stevie wonder wasn't aprart of jk's show but he said that he thought he was a guest am sure there are some meaning to it so am wondering even though he did get slap in the end and jk taking a glance at jh afterwards.  When ks slap jh forehead jk was quick to help out but when jh slap ks jk was standing and then he just sit comfortably while crossing his legs without giving ks a second glance usually he use to help him out but not this time, he was on his own and him helping to massage jh back at one point it look like it was tickleish  and you can see a smile on jh face but what really have me smiling is the way he was doing it,  if the camera hasn't show us that view then we wouldn't know what he was doing because he sit all comfortable with his focus in front not giving anything away,  from front it would seem like he is just sitting relaxing but thanks yo the camera we get to see what he was really doing . 
  • Like 3

Well this was some fun news to wake up to. I don't think I've ever seen her wear one of KJK's hats before. I don't want to be hypocritical since spartace fans always say that SJH wearing KG's halyang hat doesn't mean they're dating and it's because they're coworkers supporting each other. But in terms of timing and the fact that SJH has never worn one of KJK's brands before... I kind of think it means something.

• Like 4

The hat I think would've been normal had she been wearing it when the cap first came out. I don't want to overthink about this situation as it could simply be just supporting JK's line of apparel , but the timing does throw things off. With KG's Halyang, she had worn the clothing, hats and cellphone cases and supporting his projects outside of RM, but around the same time, she was also seen wearing Kenji Wu's line of clothing though it be off RM filming. It could've been just JH not wanting to wear JK's cap while still playing the role of MC just to be in character so to speak, or out of respect for KG and playing the role of MC gf. But we can't say that she only supports KG's products as she has been wearing HaHa's sunglasses too, but then again that's sunglasses so it isn't really competing with the hat or MC role so to say. It would've been harmless if she wore JK's cap before or when the rest of the RM members wore his Just Run caps at a fanmeeting (probably the best time to wear it if they didn't want to cause a stir amongst fandoms), anyone would've seen it just as her supporting a coworker.  Yeah, I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, lol. The timing is just weird, literally the first episode where KG isn't there, she wears it.  Yeah, I think I'm over thinking it.  I'm going to stay out of the delusional world and conclude it's just a coworker supporting a fellow coworker. 

• Like 5

Context is really important when looking at spartace's relationship. I think that a lot of their interactions are normal and could be written off as friendship, and we write off similar interactions between SJH and other RM males as platonic, but there's so much context that goes into understanding why spartace's relationship is different.

This hat thing isn't weird in that she's wearing a coworkers hat, but it is weird in that she's wearing his hat, when she's never worn his brand before, right after her love line leaves the show. And considering they both know that they have fans who notice this means something. You could say her wearing the hat is a good way to advertise it because of the popularity of spartace, but then why not wear it before? I feel as though its a very deliberate choice.

• Like 5

That's what eaxctly what I think. Her wearing this cap is nothing abnormal, she helps HaHa, helps Gary or even her own fds. But the timing just make it suspicious, right after the loveline has officially ended with Gary's departure. Also, another thing that I noticed with the latest episode, once again JK became JH's representative. It's not once or twice, but many times if you think about it, he always answers questions for her.

• Like 6

I was rewatching an old ep of RM (166) and came across the ever annoying Eun Hye references lol. 

Yoo Jae Suk suddenly brings her up, lol @ Ji Hyo, Haha, Kwang Soo and Suk Jin's faces... That says it all

KJK got really mad lol

I'm rewatching the old eps so I won't miss Gary so much :( 

Guest athoughtcloud1

I expected JH to wear 'one n only' clothing/snapback somewhere down the line, but not immediately in the episode after Gary's farewell. Agree with all of you - what this brings to the fore is that supporting 'halyang' and 'one n only' could never go together for JH. Perhaps she had contractual obligations not to promote another RM member's brand for similar accessories while she was promoting Halyang. But Gary recently wore 'one n only' when he has his own brand, then why couldn't JH who is after all just a promoter of 'Halyang', not its owner and JK is her close colleague who some think is like a 'brother' to her? If she could wear other brands than Halyang, then why not JK's (at least once outside of RM)? Perhaps spartace didn't want to be associated even via a brand when MC was on! Still haven't understood  the whole deal with 'Halyang' - did JH also get a share of the profits or was it just a case of supporting her loveline partner?

The size of the cap still seems big for JH, but hey she is the 'one n only' girl of RM, so it fits! .I am not saying wearing a particular brand owned by someone makes another his/her GF/BF, but for me, JH wearing the snapback hopefully stands for her being able to do things now she couldn't do before while she was the Monday GF and also of her now being okay with getting associated with JK in some way. Btw, does JH not have a brand now?

It is really sad that the ratings didn't rise by much even for this wonderful an episode. Have the k-audience just stopped watching RM? :(

There was a lot of genuineness in the members' interactions this time regarding MC - Gary being her Monday BF did mean he was important to JH and the members drew attention to that, but none of them said she could not function on the show without him. There were also no jokes about how MC could now meet up outside the show, for which I am thankful. So yeah, finally the show was able to get out of that stasis where the members had to be fake about MC, making it out to be something it was not. Since the members could be more genuine about their feelings, the episode did get back its early RM flavour. From some reports on insta, seems like the next episode will have the members visiting Gary - hopefully, the mood will be more cheerful than sombre! I guess the team wants the viewers to get the feeling that this is not the end of Gary on the show - that he may guest/ the members may visit him in the future as well? Let's see how it goes!

Rationally if I think about it, don't think the show will turn suddenly into spartace heaven. But I am glad spartace will be free to interact with each other more closely than before.

When I see videos like the one you @bogummish posted, I am so glad we are out of that phase where the misery is obvious. I guess JS was trying to distract JH and mess with the heads of the yellow team since they were winning at that time. JH lowers her eyes when Shin Hye mentions Yoon Eun Hye is for JK, Haha looks pissed and KS comforts him. Totally agree with you! The second time, JK got really pissed!

I was also re-watching episode 266 where Hong Jin Young guests. When JS claims he will set up an awkward loveline between JK and HJY, you can see Haha turning to look back at JH who is standing at the back and has her face turned away (around 1.32). JK is really on pins and needles when the teasing gets a bit too much! (but the HJY loveline was fun for me, JS is really funny here while there, it was unnecessary after a point).

@athoughtcloud1 I don't think we'll ever know whether JH had a contract with Halyang or not and what the details about it were, but she was in my opinion out of all the members from the cast who wore the products the most and on a consistent basis.  I think the timing of her wearing it is throwing all us off, it definitely seems like it's deliberate like @linzer03 mentioned.  I'm sure JH has many options of caps to choose from as we can tell from these past 300+ episodes, and she chose or her stylist chose to pick JK's cap for her to wear. Nope, JH doesn't have her own brand.  Only KG, JK, and HaHa do, and a special note, these are the 3 people in RM who have started their own company and have managed a company.  I don't think we'll see JH with her own brand, she did design caps before with NBA, the CHO.2 caps, but I think that contract is done and over a while back.  

In terms of ratings, I think it's hard for RM to increase overnight without putting out consistently good episodes, and the fact that their competing shows are doing well, it won't be able to really shoot over the roof.  RM so far has been doing well in maintaining the 6-7% ratings range so far, so I guess that's a good note. It isn't dipping into the 4% area where sometimes it used too.  I think most people tuning into RM are the dedicated RM viewers, and the most important demographic right now to RM to help with ratings are the general audience.  One good episode isn't going to rope in the viewers, they're going to have to keep at it, and improving.  So far, I don't see 1N2D tanking in ratings, nor Real Men.  So it's going to be difficult for RM to increase their ratings by a lot.  I think right now, the PDs and the cast are going to have to weather through it, and determine what makes an episode good and fun compared to a lackluster one. Imo, I think the Korean viewers tend to tune into shows watching the permanent members and cast interaction a lot. If you look back on 1N2D season 2, the cast chemistry was terrible, and that was when RM ratings were doing pretty well and 1N2D ratings weren't doing all that great.  But now with a new cast for 1N2D, and the chemistry is on point, season 3 1N2D is doing really well despite there still be PD changes and some member changes.  During the member change period, where 1N2D brought on a guest to fill up the 6 spots, there were complaints from Knetz about bringing on guests too much, so I do think cast interaction is what Knetz like to see. Plus I think one big difference between 1N2D and RM PD's is that there's a huge need for control with RM.  If you watch 1N2D, it's definitely a lot more genuine, their interactions with one another (I tune into 1N2D, and for the longest time I watch that before watching RM, but my heart is with RM).  In RM, they have the cast to play up characters and split up the cast which I think eliminates what viewers want to see, genuine sides of celebrities along with the concept of the show.  With RM, it's not the cast chemistry that's the problem as we can all see, it's the format and the PD's planning.  A lot of the comments on RM articles from Knetz indicate that they enjoy watching episodes where it's only the cast - I do hope that PD's actually listen to this.  Also, RM is a little bit more on the childish side as it's a game show, so I don't think it's of interest to a wide range of viewers, I think it targets more to the 10 - 20's age range. While 1N2D, targets to a wider age range of viewers.  And Real Men, well, it's about military and military is a big deal in South Korea so I can see why people would continue to tune into the show.  I know TMAD isn't competing with RM, but for a Friday Night Cable show, it's doing extremely well, and all they do is cook food.  People tune in to watch the cast, and again back to the control issue, the PD doesn't force a character on to the cast, rather the PD takes notes of the behaviour of the members and that develops a characters for them (1N2D season 3 also did something similar, it was the behaviour of the members and members developed nicknames for each other) .  RM has been missing the cast focus for the longest time now and control has been an issue though some fans may argue RM isn't at all controlled/scripted. I apologize for always writing long text about RM and the production team, I don't know what it is, but every time someone brings up ratings or the show itself, I just need to rant, cause I've been so disappointed by what RM turned into since episode 190 range. 

• Like 6