[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

8 hours ago, dydrawer said:

Right at the beginning of the latest episode:

SC mentioned that his partner from last episode, JH got the "actual" winning reward of Bluetooth headphones. JK then teased "After she got home, she complained 'why are these headphones broken' (cuz they have no wires)" as another example of Wall JH character.

I've seen a post of Ji Hyo with airpods so I guess this can only be in our heads sadly :lol: but I love how Jong Kook is always ready with his anecdotes on Ji Hyo; that Ji Hyo is the closest to him is something no one can refute. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, carambsk said:

I was wondering if you have Twitter, because I now have a lot of Spartace theories which unfortunately cannot be discussed here, so I just discuss it with other friends there.   

Super curious, please find me on Twitter! I've started to become active there after you recommended it so IDK if I've already added you without knowing though. LOL.

-- all RM episodes, especially those starting from 2013 to early 2019

-- all RM fanmeets on YT

-- SJH guestings on Knowing Bros, My Ugly Duckling

-- KJK on Pajama Friends

-- all SJH mentions on Big Picture 

-- Tiny Oppa's full IG account (so you'll see when he started posting SJH's photos)

So I've watched KJK on Pajama Friends a while back and it was so exciting watching those two there. KJK himself said he watched the show cos Ji Hyo was on it. Mind you I watched it when I didn't realise they've become this huge shipping fandom though lol so at that time I thought it was so sweet that Ji Hyo had someone like KJK in her life. He seems genuinely protective and sweet towards her. As I watched more videos (esp of the fan meets) I became more delighted at the prospect of them being involved romantically cos they just look so good together; and are both genuinely good people. r I remember feeling so disappointed that KJK doesn't have Ji Hyo on his IG, then I discovered the existence of Tiny oppa and my heart just started to have hope again LOL. Cos Ji Hyo seems to be choosing quality over quantity, so the fact that she's so close with Tiny who (what I can presume) doesn't really belong in her circle, speaks volume. OK so that Knowing Bros ep is awesome as are all the mentions of Ji Hyo on BP; I do have issues with MUD though. Put the rest of my thoughts on this here in case it is offensive / inappropriate.

Spoiler

I was scrolling through Youtube for more Ji Hyo vids and saw Jin Young on MUD and, it just makes me..like it brought me back to earth. I don't really ship people I DON'T think are together, I've only ever shipped two couples, one crashed and burnt after years together; they moved and so did I, another one is expecting a baby soon, so the thought of Jong Kook being all sweet to Ji Hyo for it to be just business/for the show irks me. Sorry if I'm being too blunt here. I promise this was just a thought that came to me while I was digging up on more dirt on them LOL. After seeing JY-JK winning best couple and Jin Young's latest appearance on RM where she salivated over Rowoon, I'm pretty sure they're just a business couple. SA on the other hand...still the world's biggest mystery.
Is there anyone who could have given a better insight on JY-JK pairing? Cos that one really threw me off the board a bit.

The RM fanmeets are just really SA heaven for us shippers aren't they? JK forgot what manner hands the most there LOL. I still don't get why he had to pick up Ji Hypo bridal style off the stage. Channeling Gary yes, but Gary himself wouldn't have done it.

the way he put down her arm when she was biting her finger during an interview before a fanmeet.

This has got to be one of my fav momentns of them, ever. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, carambsk said:

What I LOVE about Jihyo is that when she puts her mind to something, she just slays.   Each time.

This is so true. Love that about her, among a gazillion other things. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, carambsk said:

I've watched that dance SO MANY TIMES, for her.  She was so good and she was such a natural looking sexy and all.  :)

Me too! She looked so effortlessly sexy, the whole time I was like go girl prove them wrong!! They were all teasing her etc but look at her on that stage! SHE OWNED IT despite the other 20 people sharing the stage. 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, carambsk said:

When he got her as "hostage" while talking to Kwangsoo, who was Jihyo's partner.  She was, uhm, very near his... uhm... 

When they were wearing that pale pink sweaters right? Goodness IDK how he thought it was an OK mvoe, cos my jaw dropped when I saw it.

• Like 1

@fgtoev1 Sorry if I'm slow to respond! I've been finishing up grad school this last month and haven't have time for much else. And thank you so much for your kind words! I've just been around awhile and can have an opinion on almost anything if people ask me to. Shipping can be a lot of fun! Hopefully we can bring this forum back to life a little!

I also don't really ship real life people unless I genuinely believe they're dating. As a result, I also have theories that I don't like to discuss on public forums. However, if anyone has anything they'd like to talk about in private, feel free to DM me!

As for the back-rubbing gesture - there's difference, imo between where KJK and LKS choose to give SJH a back rub. In the KG departure episode, I remember KJK's hand being quite low on SJH's back whereas LKS's hand is higher on the back. Also, I think it's always important to look at SA in the larger context as well. It's not just one or two isolated incidents that make us believe spartace are likely dating, but rather a large collections of moments between them, suspicious things said, questions things done, etc. So even if there's a moment where KJK accidentally drops manner hands with someone else or at times seems friendly with another female, that doesn't mean much in the large scale of evidence. Similarly, we'd seen over the course of ten years the brother-sister relationship between LKS and SJH, so I feel like we can watch LKS massage her and not jump to conclusions that they're dating because we have a large scale of evidence that they're just sibling-like.

And I love that performance too. SJH has so much charisma when she wants to, and you can see it in her performance! Such a beautiful woman! 

The turning point for me has always been the Mystery Box episode (which was before the Firing Incident) where SJH called KJK and only KJK over to help her put her hands in the scary mystery boxes. It was such a wild scene especially because it came on the heels of a year where spartace were barely shown interacting during RM episodes. I remember YJS looking at KJK holding SJH during the ep and said he thought SJH was giving birth (I bet you he was not imagining KJK as the midwife in that scenario, despite what KJK claims)

Let me know if you have any other questions! My spartace IG is also linzer03_sa if anyone wants to message me on there.

• Like 3

Spartace Moments Ep 501:

0:37 - When YSC mentioned that SJH took home the bluetooth headphones, KJK immediately jumps in to joke that SJH will think they're broken. (He once again supports her Wall Ji Hyo character.)

0:54 - This probably has more to do with standing order (the older members stand closer to the center), but YSC moves aside when SJH arrives so she ends up next to KJK.

3:20 - It looks like KJK and SJH are relatively close to one of the male guests, LYK, because SJH pats his back and KJK touches the back of his neck to greet him. YSC actually says he and LYK are close. Now, LYK has guests on RM before, but SJH isn't someone who often acts familiar with male guests, so it may be she and KJK have hung out with LYK outside of RM. 

32:56 - When SJH is revealed as the criminal and claims she'll get first, KJK comes forward to say she knows the answers but he wanted to see her get them wrong.

34:52 - When YJS asks SJH when she feels upset with her partner, she says when they care more for someone else. They say it like she was remembering but I think they just asked for her opinion. (If someone wants to add more to this, please do.) Anyway, someone who pays attention to others sounds like KJK imo.

41:36 - SJH then says the same complaint again. And it's a wrong answer. Even though she saw the correct answers. 

1:06:31 - When they say the category is questions SJH got wrong, you can hear KJK say some of the questions she got wrong were hard.

1:10:07 - KJK defends SJH's decision to go all in by saying she must know a lot.

Also KJK finally gets a special ep???? 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, linzer03 said:

I agree with these moments. Such cute times. Would y'all add anything?

what song that kjk sing in min 5.18 ? is there video I can watch where he sing the song ?

Edited by rizky abd

Now that suspecting the person in KJK's IG has been SJH isn't proven delusional, can we all stop getting swayed either by over-worried Spartacers fantasizing of potential break-ups every two months or delirious antis lecturing us about how they'd stop romantically supporting their ship if they ever felt they grew distant? Unless you all unnecessarily stand between your - recently appointed - ex lover's spread legs during breaks from filming lol Point is....lovers or friends, SA are fine behind the cameras, and if there ever was a change in their relationship for better or for worse, it couldn't have been recent. Let's not keep mixing up how they handle their public image with their actual relationship. Tiny's unwavering support towards both should have been enough of a clue.

• Like 5

I never said his legs are "stretched". "Spread legs" doesn't necessarily mean "straightened", it means he is sitting with his legs apart, bent or not. Moreover, we don't know if his right leg isn't stretched, the photo is not good enough to judge by the shadows. But even if it isn't, she is still standing between his legs, as her foot is in line with his left knee, about same level where the right knee would be bent. Regardless, I'm sure this changes the whole argument . If only one leg is spread, you are allowed to stand so close to your co-worker off camera even though you both feel so genuinely distant. If both are spread, you aren't. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

They seem comfortable behind cameras to me. Even if they're trying to be professional post-break up, I would still think they wouldn't be freely linking arms if they didn't have to or standing in such a position. It's nice to see them being comfortable behind the scenes though since they haven't been focused on in recent eps.

Happy mother's day to everyone! I hope y'all are having a good day! I'll watch the new ep later!

• Like 2

I feel so embarrassed but I have even tried sitting the way JK did to see how ‘close’ one would be if there is someone standing in front of me. Granted I am not as tall as JK, but even with his height, the position is still very intimate. So thank you JK for unknowingly (or maybe he actually does..) feeding us this tiny bit of SA crumb.

Speaking of tiny, who else is hoping we get to see SA the soonest Tiny oppa gets to Korea?

• Like 3

Hi, pardon my ignorance as I am new to our SA couple. May I know when (year) did JH attend the Mom's Ugly Duckling show as guest? Do you all think that both JH and KJK were secretly dating then? I kinda find it funny and awkward at the same time that she is so close to him (and maybe dating), but have to pretend they are not, especially in front of his mom. Why does she look so shocked seeing him working out in the gym or drinking the blended drink? She should be familiar, no?

All in, is the general speculation pointing at SA being a secretly dating couple? It does seem to be the case, isnt it, considering their closeness and all touchy. Even if not yet dating, they are definitely attracted to each other to be behaving like that! 

Hi Aquarius!

I'm a new shipper as well, and still in that honeymoon phase of shipping these two. 

But I think I can help you out with this one. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, AquariusMY said:

May I know when (year) did JH attend the Mom's Ugly Duckling show as guest?

Think it was aired in March 2018?

On 5/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, AquariusMY said:

but have to pretend they are not, especially in front of his mom. 

This bugs me so much too! If all the evidence that point to them being more than friends around this time is true, then it doesn't make sense for her not to know he's moved into his own house. And I'm sure she's talked to KJK's mom more than a few times. They have been co-workers for the last 8 years even if they weren't together romantically already. That episode is mind-boggling to me to be honest, cos things just don't add up. 

Compare that to Pajama Friends episode where KJK guested, it was very clear that they were at least very very close friends, and treasure each other's presence. Watching it makes me feel I'd be OK even if they aren't together romantically, cos what they showed there was already a strong foundation to a relationship that would not go anywhere (this was before I watched HJY on MUD and how genuine the mother acted towards her and the lack of interaction that ensued in the latter episodes of course. Now I'm just going to bitter and sad if they don't end up together TBH LOL). Could our senior shippers share their thoughts on this? 

@fgtoev1, thanks for the clarification. I guess I am also in the same honeymoon shipping period as you.

Not intending to speculate anything, I also came across videos of Jin Young and KJK, and one particularly MUD episode showed how his mom expressed her liking for Jin Young (watching clips of Jin Young and KJK cooking together). Again, am really curious if this MUD episode was before or after JH's appearance in MUD. Watching some of these clips with Jin Young got me confused on who he actually likes! It is kinda frustrating that on one hand, SA couple has so many skinship but there are all these other nuances that interfere. No wonder there was a Running Man episode where JH said she dislikes when her boyfriend is too nice to other girls. KJK is generally someone that will always watch out for others and helping them, I think.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, AquariusMY said:

I kinda find it funny and awkward at the same time that she is so close to him (and maybe dating), but have to pretend they are not, especially in front of his mom

I'm not sure whether his mom would know, but this MUD episode is very strange.

When JH said that they met on a plane to New York by chance -- so many things not right here.

1) They made it sound like JK wasn't there. First of all, why would JK's mom go to the states without him, especially given JK's penchant for US trips and her likely lack of English proficiency.

2) Even if she did go alone or with her elder son, it is so bizarre that neither JH's trip nor JK mom's trip ever appeared in conversations. Like if you were going on a trip abroad, wouldn't you at least bring it up to your close friends? How could this possibly have stayed so completely unknown between them?

3) If you look closely, JH misspoke when she said New York, and hastily changed to just "abroad".

4) The show's annotation said that the trip was a RM event. That's just so wrong. First of all, RM has never had a FM in North America. Second, if it was a RM event why would JK not be there? 

5) There were occasions when JK and JH were both in the US at around the same time (for work), but had days during their trips when they weren't accounted for. I have to check this again later.

6) Fans at JFK have observed and greeted them arriving in NYC on the same flight. Again I have to double check on what that occasion was for.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dydrawer said:

They made it sound like JK wasn't there. First of all, why would JK's mom go to the states without him, especially given JK's penchant for US trips and her likely lack of English proficiency.

how about the story that KJK's mom shared? the airplane incident and how they nearly died together. KJK's mom clearly stated KJK was there with them.

The MUD episode is interesting for sure. To be clear, it came at a time when MC was over and KJK had no competing love line, so some hints and jokes about KJK-SJH potentially being things were allowed.

I need to re-watch the MUD ep to give my full thoughts but I can provide some stuff.

There's some questions as to whether the plane ride mentioned was the one to the USA that KJK and SJH got caught by fans being on the same plane. (Attached is a pictures that has photos of the incident.) Basically, both KJK and SJH had a schedule in NY in 2015. However, there was no announcement of them leaving SK on the same plane together. Though I believe SJH was seen at incheon airport prior to departure. Some RM fans then waited at the airport in NY and saw KJK and his mom coming from the plane. They then asked him if SJH had been on the plane as well, to which he admitted yes. SJH then emerged from the plane not long after. 

김종국 ♡ 송지효 on Twitter: "Ep251 Jong kook bingo board "The ...

So some people have wondered why this story of SJH, KJK, ad KJK's mom almost dying on a flight was never shared on RM (because obviously any flight where SJH is with KJK's mom, KJK is there as well.) If it was to a fanmeet then there would be other RM members there and the story would be a fun one to share. However, because it wasn't shared on RM, it sounds like it was a flight that was just SJH, KJK, and his mom and one that they'd rather not make a big deal about on RM. Of course, it's possible that there's a different flight besides the one to NY in 2015 where it was only SJH, KJK, and his mom... But this is the only one we officially know about.

As for KJK's mom's actions on MUD, I think we have to remember that she has experience on variety shows. It confused me a lot at first too, but actually his mom has been going on variety shows since pretty early in the career. So don't be too surprised that KJK's mom can pretend not to know SJH and pull off the act pretty well. In a way, I find it more weird that KJK's mom and SJH acted like they didn't know each other well. We know they've been on at least one flight together, KJK's mom guests on RM, and we know KJK's mom has attended some RM fan meets. They should be more familiar than "we met once on an airplane" but for some reason they feel the need to downplay it. I mean, it may be that they genuinely are not close or perhaps they were instructed to downplay how well they knew each other by MUD production, so we shouldn't rule out those possibilities. But it's odd that they say they've only met once.

• Like 3

If the HJY/KJK interaction on MUD & RM has made you question whether they are actually attracted to each other, then congratulations, you reacted exactly how variety shows expect you to whenever they introduce a new and scripted loveline, aiming at popularity & awards (and no surprise they got them both). It happened with Monday Couple, KwangMin, ChanMin now, all of KJK's past lovelines in other shows and , honestly? It would have happened with Spartace too if all the evidence we have, had emerged only in the first months of 2019, aka when the closeness of Spartace was officially used for fanservice purposes, and there had been nothing suspicious prior to that, and especially during the Monday Couple era. But no other ship, and certainly not the HJY/KJK one, has an array of interactions to exhibit that consistently expand way beyond the needs of a show. No suspicious outings with KJK that we first learnt from a third party (i.e. compare KJK and JSM openly saying they went out for a coffee along with others during the introductory segment of an RM episode, and thus signalling a new dynamic for the show's needs, with us randomly learning about Spartace hanging out from his niece, Soya, or the tanning salon owner) no unnecessary skinship (i.e. HJY feeding KJK, swimming with him in a pool, shutting his mouth with her palm, all of them actions done openly in front of the cameras, all of them serving a variety show purpose VS KJK secretly massaging the small of SJH's back and many more), no consistent hiding outside of work (i.e. KJK has no problem being featured on HJY's IG, or interacting with JSM's posts, or promoting Jessi's work, but SJH? Let's thank the fans who discovered them dining together or sharing the same flight to NY, which @linzer03 already posted above. Especially after Gary's departure - so basically after the umbrella was no more - they have gradually appeared more cautious.)

HJY's flatly stating last year about KJK; "That's a story of the past. We've already become just close sunbae-hoobae. He's not my type. I like someone who I can be comfortable with" leaving no room for debating exactly because their loveline had completed its circle, should have been enough proof that the two of them are just a business couple. Compare her statement to SJH's words when attempting to deny her romantic involvement with KJK specifically and not the men of RM in total:

~ On MUD when addressing to his mother: "We can't get our feelings involved while we're working together." (So it isn't really about them, but about RM? Also, workplace ethics sound nice and all, but let's do a reality check, half the celebrities and non-celebrities out there have met their significant others in their working environments lol) "And we have to always fight on the show." (lol what? How does this even count as an obstacle? They can maintain their close friendships unscathed by their 'fake game fights' but apparently not a potential romance? She should have stopped at the first half of her explanation.)

~ On Knowing Bros: "We've been working together for 8 years. We did not start dating. That means we're not meant to be." (First sentence is a fact. Second sentence is what remains to be proven. The third sentence, according to this reasoning, is true only if the 2nd one is as well. Now, they would never admit to have started dating, would they? KJK has explicitly said he'll deny everything until he is ready to get married. Most celebrities wouldn't reveal their relationships in a show they are guesting anyway. So her argument here is pointless. It actually bears meaning only when opposed to delusional shippers wishing Spartace would magically start dating now, during their 10th year of their friendship, because if they haven't become a - secret even - couple until now, then yes they probably will never be) "Don't try to tie us together, Jong Kook oppa has his own life, he wouldn't like it either. But what if we date then? This is why I don't want to talk." - "You're the one who said it." - "It's fun." (KJK wouldn't like for his name to be linked to SJH because they lead separate lives, but he would have no problem if they were together? lol KJK wouldn't like the rumours regardless if true or not. Also, have you ever read any reply more ambiguous than this? I understand that they all work in a pretentious industry and they need to provide entertainment, but check out how nicely HJY managed to answer above.)

~ And then there's of course the "we're family" reason. Even though they never use the terms "siblings" or "sister", she has been consistent with this one, I acknowledge it. But it doesn't help this may as well be the most vague and overused excuse in the entire Korean entertainment world. It also so happens to be true, no matter if SA are lovers or friends; they are both members of the greater RM family.

As for SJH's reactions in front of his mother on MUD, let's be clear about something first; If KJK has been in a steady relationship for long , then his mother is likely aware of it. So, when it comes to the episodes on MUD, it isn't really about SJH pretending in front of his mother, but both of them pretending in front of us. It's the audience who needs to be convinced of the bachelor role KJK plays on screen, of his lovelines and everything else. Also, I've said this before as well, his mother may not be a variety show veteran like her son, but no way she is a rookie either. She has appeared in shows and interviews about him ever since he was a member of Turbo, there's literally a recording in their apartment at the time he was taking exams to enter university.

When the fact he moved to a new apartment is mentioned, SJH fakes her reaction. Firstly, it's bad acting. Neither her expression, nor the tone of her voice make her shock natural. But, above all, it's irrational. It has nothing to do with their being a couple. It's impossible she and the rest RM members wouldn't know he moved out for the needs of MUD when a. they work closely together every single week and b. every random fan on the internet knew lol We aren't talking about a personal experience here. The fact she unnecessarily faked her reaction, when all she had to do in order not to sound suspicious was to claim KJK had broken the news to all of them on the RM setting, indicates just how much pressure they have to withstand amidst the loveline rumours and what lengths they are willing to reach in their attempt to keep their lives private. Jang Hyuk had also a similarly illogical reaction to hearing SJH's name on Dragon Club.

SJH's appearance on MUD preceded all of HJY's. I always found it interesting it was SJH the one invited to that one episode whose guest would have to react to KJK showing off his work-out and showering afterwards. When HJY appeared, she was already in a popular loveline with KJK, on their way to become "THE loveline" for SBS that year. In the segment that aired, KJK even chose her over SJH as the closest to his ideal type, because this is MUD and every time there's a concept he needs to serve. Also cause, let's face it, he has never chosen SJH, it's the ongoing rumour he always tries to tone down, that one time long ago when he chose her over the late Sulli, it was due to Sulli being only 18, a little sister basically - and he probably didn't want to repeat that misstep of 2010, when she was barely 16. No wonder why KJK's mother appeared interested in HJY throughout her love story with him on MUD. This is one of the central ideas of the show and they are paid to follow it, she expressed interest even when Ye Ji Won guested, just cause she had been parnered up with her son on "The Producers".

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Adora Dark said:

SJH's appearance on MUD preceded all of HJY's. I always found it interesting it was SJH the one invited to that one episode whose guest would have to react to KJK showing off his work-out and showering afterwards. When HJY appeared, she was already in a popular loveline with KJK, on their way to become "THE loveline" for SBS that year. In the segment that aired, KJK even chose her over SJH as the closest to his ideal type, because this is MUD and every time there's a concept he needs to serve. Also cause, let's face it, he has never chosen SJH, it's the ongoing rumour he always tries to tone down... No wonder why KJK's mother appeared interested in HJY throughout her love story with him on MUD. This is one of the central ideas of the show and they are paid to follow it, she expressed interest even when Ye Ji Won guested, just cause she had been parnered up with her son on "The Producers".

Love lines are business. Love lines are there to attract viewers and raising the ratings. That includes the SA love line. The SA love line in 2019 (and before that) was used by RM to attract viewers and raise the ratings. That doesn't mean SA isn't dating, but it does mean that many SA moments on RM and other shows after 2016 were scripted. So we have to look at these moments with a discerning eye. But, beyond love lines, also any dynamic pushed in the shows are business (KJK-HH, YJS-LKS, etc.) That's not to say that there isn't any truth behind them (I don't think anyone will dispute KJK and HH are close outside of RM, for instance). However, just because people tell a cute anecdote about their friendship on RM for the cameras, it doesn't necessarily mean they're close outside RM. It may just mean that they're a dynamic RM wants us to THINK is close. Because those dynamics are used to attract viewers. So, we shouldn't rely on what's shown to us in RM and MUD to determine if people are close outside of RM. The real indicator is the moments we get that aren't for the shows. The background moments that clearly weren't intended for the camera, the posts on IG from unrelated third parties.

• Like 3