[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

The contrast with the others is striking. Look at So Min and the rest members not paying attention, while Ji Hyo leans over him concerned. I don't know how people can be blind and deny the possibility they are a couple or the fact their bond is as close as it gets when , throughout the years, there's an abundance of similar moments.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Regita M. P said:

SJH meet & great with fans (eating together).

She is nice,  this is her way of showing how thankful she is to have a support from her fans and maybe a thanks giving party for her upcoming birthday. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Question: what do y'all think of the 9th anniversary fanmeet?

I'm a little puzzled as to why they're doing it for the 9 year when usually an event like this makes more sense for the 10 year anniversary. It could be that they have something else planned for the 10 year, but I think more likely explanation is either:

a) They don't plan on having a 10 year anniversary. Ignoring the possibility of a Season 2, the show does have to end at some point. People have been saying for years that the cast members (especially JSJ) aren't young, but despite this, the show has kept going and the cast has kept entertaining. But what people are saying is true, eventually the cast's ages (and accumulated injuries) are going to prevent them from doing the show. It is possible, and I wouldn't be surprised, if SBS tried to make a Season 2 of RM with some of the younger members, but I don't think it'd have the same following and would be the same show only in name.

or

b) They don't plan on having the current cast at the 10 year anniversary and therefore want to have the fanmeet now. I don't think YSC and JSM are leaving any time soon, and because they haven't been part of RM since day one, I don't think their departure would cause the fanmeet to be held a year early. If some of the original cast, however, planned to leave at the end of this year (for example, JSJ due to age, spartace due to marriage, etc.), then I could see them wanting to hold a fanmeet that would include the cast. However, I think this is the less likely explanation, because I remember the backlash KJK and SJH got when SBS first tried to pass their firing off as them quitting, I don't think they would leave the show before it's ending. 

Also, I know a lot of fans claim that SJH is the reason spartace hasn't gotten married yet (e.g. KJK really wants to get married but SJH wants to continue her career), but I disagree with this. I do think KJK wants to get married, but I don;t think he's a desperate as RM and fans portray him. Having one person wanting to get married and the other constantly refusing is not a long-term sustainable relationship. There's a reason you should check with a person in the very early stages of the relationship on their feelings about marriage and when they're looking to get married - it's a very core part of any romantic relationship. So, I think they both have made the decision to put their careers and RM ahead of getting married. I think, to them, being a public couple meant leaving RM,

Also, for those worried about the disappearance of the spartace love line, I wouldn't be too concerned. I think spartace exists as a love line to prepare the audience and not to make money or garner ratings the way MC was. Side Note: I always laugh when I see comments claiming that the spartace love line came out of nowhere. KJK and SJH have been called a perfect match during the beginning of the year fortune-telling for years now, and told by the cast members to date. The fact there have been rumors about them getting married and that they have such a big following before now shows that this hasn't come out of nowhere at all. Spartace usually gets focus at the beginning of each year for years now, and I think it has to do with RM not being sure when it'll end but wanting to prepare the audience for spartace. For instance, after the Firing Scandal and everyone thought RM was ending, they built up spartace but as soon as they decided not to end the show, spartace disappeared into the void and KJK was given a new love line. For years now, after KG left, we get hints of spartace and teasing for the rest of the cast, only for it to disappear. So I think the point of starting a spartace love line was to lay down the possibility of spartace, not to turn it into the next MC.

Okay, so those were my random thoughts for the moment lol. Let me know what y'all think!

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

one of many reasons why i love our SA

@linzer03

there are many possibilties behind the reasoning for the SK FM. you've mentioned two of them and i totally agree with you.

you just cannot fool age. 

RM will end sooner or later. but making it to season 2 with mostly younger and new casts is not a good idea. FO season 2 would be a good example.

but maybe, and just maybe, they're making SK FM to gain more popularity in SK ? 

RM is very famous abroad, but not that much in SK.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

@linzer03 I've been reading some fan theories about this whole SK FM thing. It is suspicious that they're doing it for year 9 instead of year 10.

To me, sadly, the theory that makes the most sense is that RM is may be ending soon. I've read that rm is not as popular in SK as it is internationally and its ratings have never really recovered from KG leaving and the firing drama. That would explain why their SK FM is free and loaded with special guests while the international FMs have been expensive and just the rm members are involved.

If true, it would be sad to see rm end and no longer have a place where we can see SA on a weekly basis, but I do think the show is past its peak now. And it would open the cast up for more opportunities (and of course, as a delulu shipper, the SA implications this brings). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@heynell @Adines Nugraha What are some of the other theories?

The theory that they're trying to boost popularity is interesting, but it seems odd then that they're doing this now when the ratings have been low for years (has a too little, too late feeling). Also, i checked the RM wiki link, which lists the ratings, and actually the RM ratings in SK went up after the addition of JSM and YSC, but then dropped back down near what it was before in end of 2016-2017 this year (by which I mean the ratings fall in the 6-7% range this year rather than the 6-8% range of last year).

It's the international fanbase that has kept RM alive for 9 years. Right when the Firing Scandal was going on, a Business Insider article came out that listed Running Man as #9 in the world's most watched shows of 2016 and the only non-US show in the top 10 link, and I think that actually played a role in helping to save RM. I guess it's possible that RM wants the 10 year anniversary to be for the international fans (e.g. one last Race Start) and is therefore doing something in SK now, but I see the SK show as more of a finale.

Sorry, just throwing out some thoughts.

I just hope that before RM ends, we get a coupe episodes with spartace as an open couple. I'm still waiting for their LA couples episode.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

I'm such a big fan of both of them, and this video makes me proud. Honestly, all the RM cast seem like good, down-to-earth people that while none of them are perfect, they do their best for their friends, family, and fans. 

• Like 7

Speaking of ratings.. actually, other than the main ratings, there’s also this ‘2049 viewers ratings’ which is important too in term of viewers ratings. i think it has something to do with advertising matter. As far as i know, RM has been maintaining it’s top spot in the ‘2049 viewers ratings’. RM kept it's top spot and was dominating naver real time search due to last Sunday episode (461).

here's just as an example:

(cr. soompi)

z148.png

Cmiiw but not long ago, i read on SA naver cafe, someone mentioned that she/he feels SA would not be able to get married as along as RM is still exist. She/he also said that because RM is popular these days. You guys still remember back to when RM was delayed due to president Donald Trump’s visit to SK? I did check naver that day, apparently RM was trending no. 1 on real time search and kept trending for the next 2 days. Basically, knets were complaining and some were also angry to SBS why they had to delay RM. So yeah it’s kinda confusing though...

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy finally some seniors came back and write what you all feeling & analysis it's really insightful to read it :)

All of possibility for many fishy moments for this years for SA moments, RM fan meet, & others it might be will get the answer (soon) & I hope everything is okay & fine :)

• Like 2