[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Continuing the random observations while waiting for any new content: I recently discussed with fellow Spartacers something I noticed while re-watching the first season of Big Picture (and probably other fans have already pointed out before I joined).

Season 1 is when LKS is being secretly filmed. In one of the scenarios the staff prepared in order to deceive him and record his reactions, a young woman appears pretending to be KJK's friend (changed from girlfriend, which was the initial plan). KJK and HH auditioned three girls in order to cast the most fitting for the role. One of them was a girl called Yu Rina, her actual name. Upon hearing her name, HH turns mischievous but KJK catches immediately on the implication and stops him from further saying anything. They laugh, KJK blurts out some lame excuse to the girl who has no idea what's happening and then starts hitting HH. The most obvious explanation is that the name "Yu Rina" reminded HH of "Chae Rina", with whom KJK maintained his only known among the fans relationship back when he was a Turbo member. We can't easily find photos or articles about them, but from what we have all read, it was an "open secret" at the time and ever since their separation, KJK has never gone public with any of his subsequent relationships. However, to this day, there have been scarce references to her, albeit without citing her name; i.e. in Big Picture's 2nd season, when KJK and HH talk about ex girlfriends and the latter teases the singer about a former lover whom KJK had met on one of his shows (Chae Rina had guested in "I Can See Your Voice" which is co-hosted by KJK) and, more recently, on MUD, implied this time by Kim Hee-Chul.

Anyway, here's the video (S01E79) from the audition in 2017 and the moment that I described above, it lasts less than a minute:

https://www.vlive.tv/video/48971

This whole scene is strikingly similar to how they both behaved in episode 24 of "Big Picture in Vietnam" when HH teases KJK about SJH and the MAMA 2013 Awards, as well as in episode 69 of Big Picture 2 earlier the same year (2018), again while SJH is the topic. Whenever HH's taunting leaks details(?) about SA's relationship - beyond the casual jokes around a love line - KJK reacts the exact same way he does about his actual relationships, like the 7-years relationship he sometimes reminisces about (first part of episode 24) or Chae Rina.

Ep 24 (important to remember ; this one comes after S02E69 and HH implies SA are pretty much still together)

https://www.vlive.tv/video/95687/

S02E69

https://www.vlive.tv/video/70265

In comparison with S01E79, we notice:

~ HH becoming playful out of the blue and implying romantic relationships? checked
~ KJK immediately intervening to shush HH? checked

~ KJK forcing himself to laugh while being fired up? checked.
~ KJK trying to mend things using a lame excuse (resto name, harlequin romance)? checked

~ Kap Gin laughing hysterically? checked
~ HH getting slapped on the forehead? checked
~ KJK asking HH if he is crazy/out of his mind as if he revealed something true? checked.

Literally this entire list occurs both in S01E79 and in 2018, in the parts about SJH. The main difference is that, because Spartace have been openly teased on & off RM, HH actually uses her name and mentions specific incidents, which KJK has to deny. Whereas in Chae Rina's case, KJK doesn't have to reply to anything.

Usually, when KJK's name is linked to a girl, he reacts as follows:

1) He smiles/laughs but doesn't say anything or he changes the subject (so the shippers keep saying it's suspicious he didn't deny the rumour).
2) He denies the rumour in a shy or awkward way (so the shippers find his behaviour cute and don't believe him).
3) He calmly or flatly denies it.

He has acted in these ways whenever HJY's name is brought up, the handful of times teased with JSM, in various moments about YEH, during short-lived "flings" with female guests and literally in every love line he has ever been, with SJH included. At points, he may swear if the rest RM members exaggerate their joking, or even appear intimidating (i.e. in YEH's dragged out case). However, to my knowledge, such immediate and intense attack paired with HH's identical way of teasing and KG's reactions have only occured in relation to SJH or his real secrets.

I'm pleased every time HH mentions SA because he looks genuinely happy and supportive, however I know he is a very witty entertainer. Therefore, for long I kept in the back of my mind the possibility HH was just being HH in that BP segment about SJH & MAMA; he may have given us an important SA insight, but it could as well have been an agreed-on moment he and KJK played up for the viewers. Seeing now the strong parallelisms between the SA scenes and the references to KJK's real relationships, makes me think that HH may have actually revealed bits of truth while improvising, that KJK never expected he would bring them up, thus making his alarmed reactions genuine. Because the story with Chae Rina isn't a love line, it isn't something HH and KJK would play up for the viewers, and they seriously acted similarly when mentioning SJH.

• Like 5

Currently rewatching the 33x to 34x episodes. And i found out that there were so many hidden SA moments (not sure if they were detailed here before). So to those who were missing on these moments, can go and watch these episodes and find them yourselves. :) shall slowly enjoy finding more SA moments

I want to discuss something that dates back to 2018 that I find peculiar. I don't know if it has been discussed before or not but do you guys remember the Nevis swing episode. I've been wondering about the pairing of KJK and SJH to ride together. Especially back then when it wasn't usual to see them interact much on screen. I have a couple of theories 1st maybe it was the PD's decision. 2nd maybe it's related to their weights, kjk being the heaviest and SJH the lightest and therefore had to ride together for balance!!! Or maybe (I wish) it was their choice. I mean why would the pd even pair them up? I think it would have been safer to be paired with Haha or sechan to avoid any suspicion or scandals. I mean you could see their reaction when they were paired before in the peppero game. I think a couple would naturally want to ride together or maybe SJH wanted the support of her oppa like she did once before in the game where she had to blindly put her hands in the box. I mean you could see her hold his hand and tell him you should try it oppa when he got the exemption card from the swing.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by Fanny

5 hours ago, Fanny said:

I've been wondering about the pairing of KJK and SJH to ride together.

My two cents is that probably cos they didn’t HAVE to go initially? So naturally the two being punished (Haha and SeChan) had to go together and that left the two lovebirds by themselves. But yes I agree, even if it wasn’t like what I mentioned, I think SJH would have ended up going on the swing with KJK anyway. :love:

11 hours ago, apk02 said:

Thank you!

Hope it helps!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, fgtoev1 said:

So naturally the two being punished (Haha and SeChan) had to go together and that left the two lovebirds by themselves

Yeah i thought the same. But in question i really curious about the process how they both discuss together to choose the most extreme way riding it. and its looks like, song jihyo actually understand english better than we thought. Or it just me?

Additionally to SA riding the Nevis swing together because a) YSC and HDH were originally the ones to face the penalty and b) they feel more comfortable enjoying such activities together, another reason might have been the comparison between the two pairs that PDs wanted to highlight and thus make the episode more entertaining; the power couple vs the 2 scaredy cats.

Keep in mind though SA tried the Nevis swing not once, but twice. KJK is wearing two different caps. A blue one the first time.

vClvlvf.jpg

A black one the second time, that's when they also hold hands tightly.

FKJ7m7g.jpg

In most of the moments used in the final cut, he's wearing the blue cap. And we can tell that's their first attempt, cause it's when they're asking questions about the ride and everything is explained to them. Considering 1) the 2nd time they took the dive is barely used in the episode - so it's not like something didn't work well the first time and they had to reshoot the scene - as well as 2) SA seem extremely happy during it, not holding onto the ropes anymore but on each other, I'd say it's possible that 2nd time was largely their decision and the hand-holding has nothing to do with the fear of a first-timer, but with sharing the excitement with the person closest to you.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

On 6/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, Fanny said:

I think if they were really a couple back then, it was pretty bald of them to hold hands while riding the swing ❤

Such a brave, fearless duo this two. The main reason how I got hooked on them in the first place (not as a couple at first but partners) is because of their attitude towards the games and missions. Kwang Soo, and Haha provided the laughs, but they, brought the game to the next level.

I 100% am sure they were a couple, too many coincidences for them not to be :glasses:

The Question is, are they still one now? :bawling:

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 11:32 PM, fgtoev1 said:

Such a brave, fearless duo this two. The main reason how I got hooked on them in the first place (not as a couple at first but partners) is because of their attitude towards the games and missions. Kwang Soo, and Haha provided the laughs, but they, brought the game to the next level.

I 100% am sure they were a couple, too many coincidences for them not to be :glasses:

The Question is, are they still one now? :bawling:

There is no indicator that suggests anything has changed.

Edit: in the latest RM episode you can see them having a "fight", but this time it's more of JK being mad. Right before the 3rd mission when Twice Dahyun ripped LKS's name tag for fun.

Edited by dydrawer
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, dydrawer said:

Edit: in the latest RM episode you can see them having a "fight", but this time it's more of JK being mad. Right before the 3rd mission when Twice Dahyun ripped LKS's name tag for fun.

I agree with you.

This is just something that I have noticed while watching the new RM episode. I see the JH seems a little distracted or sad when watching SM slide around while most of the others watching her are laughing. Although she did laugh a little in the end, it seemed a little forced. Also, right before Twice Dahyun ripped LKS's nametag for fun, we can see SM comforting/hugging JH. I put the pictures in the spoiler.

Spoiler

a847d96e68de24c2b07ce8f9ddc1754f.pngbcdd8c3b4258f5797f1c1041cfd5a7e6.png

11ff4dc440326ea9d908141a5f198f48.png4014a42ca3d5c3b4823cf0d40f710ece.png

8b9fcbe538f8635e08ce3931e1d666de.png

Maybe I'm being delusional but I'm guessing perhaps that SA did have a "fight" like you said and JH is sad about it. Please revise me if I'm wrong.

Edit: She cheered up later on in the episode.

Edited by wafflesyaya
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wafflesyaya said:

I agree with you.

This is just something that I have noticed while watching the new RM episode. I see the JH seems a little distracted or sad when watching SM slide around while most of the others watching her are laughing. Although she did laugh a little in the end, it seemed a little forced. Also, right before Twice Dahyun ripped LKS's nametag for fun, we can see SM comforting/hugging JH. I put the pictures in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

a847d96e68de24c2b07ce8f9ddc1754f.pngbcdd8c3b4258f5797f1c1041cfd5a7e6.png

11ff4dc440326ea9d908141a5f198f48.png4014a42ca3d5c3b4823cf0d40f710ece.png

8b9fcbe538f8635e08ce3931e1d666de.png

Maybe I'm being delusional but I'm guessing perhaps that SA did have a "fight" like you said and JH is sad about it. Please revise me if I'm wrong.

Edit: She cheered up later on in the episode.

I don't know I think she was tired because she has a very busy schedule these days but I really didn't catch that there was a fight. I could see KJK smile as they entered the third mission venue and I feel like Somin was just being playful when she hugged her unnie. 

Can you put a picture of what made you guess they were fighting?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanny said:

I don't know I think she was tired because she has a very busy schedule these days but I really didn't catch that there was a fight. I could see KJK smile as they entered the third mission venue and I feel like Somin was just being playful when she hugged her unnie. 

Can you put a picture of what made you guess they were fighting?

I wouldn't say it's a fight but she does look tired so i may have misinterpreted. I put the pictures in the hidden comments of my last post. 

Anyway, thanks for reminding me. I think even f they fought they would have made up based on how happy they are in the end.

• Like 1

Hi all my senior shippers! I've been lurking in this forum for awhile, and I'm getting more and more convinced that SpartAce is actually a real couple, but for certain reasons can't reveal their relationship.

I don't know if anybody has watched the recent Mom's Diary, but KJK's mom says that he has to get married next year? 

Also, I don't know if its just me, but I feel like RM feels like its coming to an end soon? Would it coincide with SA's relationship announcement? This speculation is driving me insane hahah I'm not a patient person and knowing that some of you have been on this forum since 2013 is impressive!!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 5:22 PM, Peachy said:

The speculation is driving me insane

I read somewhere that SJH said that she may not be doing RM in sometime so I think you might be correct on that.

They've been very secretive about their relationship from what I've seen, more so in recent times for whatever reason.

Tbh, I also landed up here a little while ago and it used to drive me insane in the beginning. I think I talked about that also lol and the senior shippers here are really amazing. You get patient after a while.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, apk02 said:

I read somewhere that SJH said that she may not be doing RM in sometime so I think you might be correct on that.

They've been very secretive about their relationship from what I've seen, more so in recent times for whatever reason.

Tbh, I also landed up here a little while ago and it used to drive me insane in the beginning. I think I talked about that also lol and the senior shippers here are really amazing. You get patient after a while.

Is it this article?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405161wpp/song-ji-hyo-opens-up-about-marriage-a-time-she-almost-quit-running-man

Hahahha I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from this pain thanks for being here everybody! I've been scrolling through the older posts and rewatching all the episodes and I can't believe how I've never seen any of those interactions before.

I used to watch RM frequently and thought that though MC was cute, it didn't look like they matched each other, but with SA, it's like I can't deny the relationship at all!  

• Like 1

This one and one more where she has said that she may not be doing RM in her 40s or something like that. I'm not so sure but!

At one point there interactions were so obvious that it was like how are they still denying it lol.

• Like 1

I started off as a SJH fan so it's gonna be so sad to see her leave.. but if it means that SA is coming true... There are MORE SHOWS FOR THEM AS A COUPLE hahahaha.
Right?? Idk but I think the interactions got really intense in 2018 and early 2019?? Which were the episodes that made me really start suspecting that they were together haha.

Honestly I can't wait for them to announce something because I just really want them to be happy!!

Edited by Peachy
spelling
  • Like 1